The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Klazam »

Meh, Im deaf so it wouldnt have audio and i dont wanna install a recording thingy, and jump through all that hoops. I'd just rather write and post screenies.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Klaz is deaf, so...
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #15227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 15220, Klazam wrote:
Spoiler:
So I was thinking about trying something new.

I'm gonna make a custom modpack, and play in ssp. This modpack will be tech free, focusing on thaumcraft, tinkers, and worldgen/dimensional mods (Biomes o plenty, Atum, Twilight Forest, and Aether2)

the new thing? I'm gonna play it in hardcore, and I'm gonna write a story about my adventure from the perspective of my player character. (Was thinking about nuzlockes this morning, and I decided I wanted to try one in Minecraft.)

Full Mod List:

Client side Mods:
Zan's Minimap
NEI
DamageIndicators
InventoryTweaks
MouseTweaks
Optifine

Main Mods:
Thaumcraft 3 (With Thaumic Tinker)
Biomes o' Plenty
Tinker's Construct
Equalivent Exchange 3 (with Equalivency)
Natura
Aether2
Atum
Twilight Forest
Xeno's Reliquary

Utility Mods:

BiblioCraft
Translocators
EnchancedPortals 2
Extra Utilites
Enchanting Plus
Portal Gun
Iron Chests
InfiBows
ObsidanPlates
SoulShards
Ender Storage
ChickenChunks

what do you all think of that? Any ideas or suggestions before I start it tonight? Am I missing any obvious mods? (Don't mention MystCraft- that was a choice I made. I am choosing enhanced portals as the transportation of choice.)
I'd HIGHLY recommend ditching AetherII. It's too all-consuming once you get into it and I believe it has some major compatibility issues but since it's just you you may be willing to work through those. Sounds like fun!
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15228 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:51 am

Post by Klazam »

explain compatibility issues to me please. or a link could serve the same purpose.

this is basically a modpack focused on adventuring and exploring- I was under the impression that aether was a new dimenson with more stuff to do there, much like twilight forest and Atum?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Maestro »

No no no no no. It changes the main menu, the achievement system, looting and structure worldgen (sometimes), and a fuckton of other stuff. And that's just in the OW, I think. Check out the MCF thread on Aether II, I'm not sure where I heard about compatibility issues but I might've just assumed because of how much it changed it'd be bad news. That, and is it updated to whatever MCv you'd want to use...?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15230 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 am

Post by Klazam »

(yes, it's updated to 1.5.2)

huh, I'll have to reread the thread then. from the bit I skimmed, it looked like was talking about the dimenson only. thanks for the warning.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15231 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Klazam »

read over a lot of stuff, couldn't find any overworld changes. I think I'll be fine. if shit breaks, I'll just remove aether the second time I try this.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15232 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:11 am

Post by Rob14 »

Over the past few days, I've put in quite a bit of time and effort to try to find whatever d-bag thought it would be a good idea to steal/grief in RobCraft. I have a pretty narrow list at this point as to who could have been involved. This is basically a list of every person who I couldn't explicitly verify as NOT able to commit the deed based on completely objective criteria. The people on the list quite frankly disappoint me. There was no-one online and able to do this except regulars - people I've known for nearly a year now, and who I would have expected much better from.

I do not enjoy doing this. I do not enjoy it at all. The only reason I'm running a server is so that people I enjoy hanging out with and myself can have fun. Being griefed is not fun, so here is my solution. If you lost anything, hit me up with item IDs and quantities and I will spawn it back in. Be generous with your quantities - if you think you lost 15-20 of something, just say 20. Fuck it, who cares. If this ever happens again, everyone on that list, minus anyone who was not online whatsoever during the window of the second instance of griefing, will be permanently banned with no appeal, regardless of who you are. There are no people on that list who I would expect this from, and I'm deeply disappointed that whoever it is felt it necessary to put myself and the rest of the server in a position where something like this had to be said.

I'm running this server because I want to allow people to have fun, and I'm willing to do a hell of a lot to help out, but I'm not going to jump through hoops and play Detective Rob because some asshole wants to be an asshole. In conclusion, a big "fuck you" to whoever did this.

As a side note, Bukkit has been tripping errors like no tomorrow and is slowly killing the server. It has already destroyed the OPs ability to use any and all TP commands, everyone's ability to use commands such as msg (which is in vanilla), and it's spamming around 30 lines of errors in the console every single time a user places a block. I've looked online and have conferred with various people, and no solution has been found. As a result, Bukkit is being removed. This means no more /afk. I apologize, but this is 100% necessary if we don't want to have a world restart within a month. That is how severe of a server strain the errors is causing.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 15232, Rob14 wrote:Over the past few days, I've put in quite a bit of time and effort to try to find whatever d-bag thought it would be a good idea to steal/grief in RobCraft.
I have a pretty narrow list at this point as to who could have been involved. This is basically a list of every person who I couldn't explicitly verify as NOT able to commit the deed based on completely objective criteria. The people on the list quite frankly disappoint me.
There was no-one online and able to do this except regulars - people I've known for nearly a year now, and who I would have expected much better from.

I do not enjoy doing this. I do not enjoy it at all. The only reason I'm running a server is so that people I enjoy hanging out with and myself can have fun. Being griefed is not fun, so here is my solution. If you lost anything, hit me up with item IDs and quantities and I will spawn it back in. Be generous with your quantities - if you think you lost 15-20 of something, just say 20. Fuck it, who cares. If this ever happens again,
everyone on that list, minus anyone who was not online whatsoever during the window of the second instance of griefing, will be permanently banned with no appeal, regardless of who you are
. There are no people on that list who I would expect this from, and I'm deeply disappointed that whoever it is felt it necessary to put myself and the rest of the server in a position where something like this had to be said.

I'm running this server because I want to allow people to have fun, and I'm willing to do a hell of a lot to help out, but I'm not going to jump through hoops and play Detective Rob because some asshole wants to be an asshole. In conclusion, a big "fuck you" to whoever did this.
umm I don't know what happened but is it safe to assume that those on The List (tm) have been informed / talked to about what happened? I don't really appreciate that a post like this leaves me not knowing whether or not I'm under suspicion for something I didn't do or that I might get kicked off the server for what someone else does based on the grounds of "not being explicitly verified as NOT able to commit the deed based on completely objective criteria".
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:02 am

Post by Maestro »

What Rhinox said, and jsyk Rob, /msg was working last time I was on. I talked to Blake last night over /msg about what I found out I was missing...I'd completely written off several things because I thought I'd lost them but I found the same evidence Klaz did, making me think they weren't really just lost. :/
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15235 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Klazam »

Regarding the above thing- I know that i did not do it, and i hope that rob/blake does too, so im not gonna say anything more on that topic. This is a game, for god's sake. Whoever that is the asshole here, just don't do it again, and we'll just forget about it, hmm? Anyway, in the next post i make, there will be the story of my adventures in minecraft land.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15236 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Klazam »

Blocks, Swords, and Wizards

Foreword:

Spoiler:
I'm writing this story as I play a custom mod pack on pesudo-hardcore mode. (Hard, but i play as though it is hardcore. The reason for this is because i want to be able to take screenshots of my death site, and screenshots of my last build(s))

Anyone is welcome to join me in this experience. I enabled Bonus Chests, and I play as though Vanilla Tools are disabled (They are still enabled, because I don't want to risk losing crafting recipes for other mods, but I will not craft any vanilla tools.)

If you want to join me, PM me and i'll send you my mod pack. Used through MultiMC, basically. The only rule- Write a story!

Table of Contents:

Prologue- In the real world: ........................................ Post 15236
Chapter I- Waking up: ................................................ Post 15242
Chapter II- Tinkering, Hunting, and Mining...................... Post 15246
Chapter III- Portals and Ravines, oh my!........................ Post 15264
Chapter IV- Challenging Caving .................................... Post 15293

Prologue- In the real world:

Spoiler:

It’s just another day at college for our hero, John Q. Steve, when his thoughts turn to something he discovered recently. This little computer game, named MineCraft, has been around for some time now. John found it through a friend of a friend, so he bought it, and played it. He found the concept very interesting, a game where he could place blocks and mine blocks and overall build a world of his own. He has became rather addicted to this game, pouring hours upon hours into it, just playing and exploring all the cool places in the game.

John’s email alert popped up on his iPhone. He looked down, and saw an offical-looking email from Mojang. Checking the email, it said;

Dear John Q. Steve “Steve” (of john.q.steve@gmail.com)

I hope this e-mail finds you well! You are hereby invited to a small event, at Mojang headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden this weekend. Details about this event is meant to be a surprise, but rest assured, it’ll be a sssssssss... blast! You received this invitation because you are one of the 10 randomly chosen to participate in this event. If you are interested, please reply to this email with a “Yes” and your city and state so we can send our private plane to your local airport for a pick-up.

Sincerely,
Markus Persson “Notch”

Intrigued by this, John decided to send a reply. Little did he know what he was getting into.... A few days later, Mojang sent him a reply, with a date, location, and time. He went to the airport where Mojang told him to, and saw a small white plane with the MOJANG logo painted on it. Outside that plane, was a stewardess in a white uniform, with curves pleasing to the eye. John thought; “This day can only get better.”

“Hello! You’re Mr. Steve, yes? Please get on the plane, and get comfortable. This will be a long flight overseas. Food and drink will be served on board. Get on, and have a nice flight!” The stewardess was smiling all the while while she spoke. John hopped on the plane happily, and found that the acommodations was first class, nice plush chairs, and all. The stewardess beamed at John, and told him "I'll be back in a short time, with food." After a short time, the stewardess returned with a prime filet steak. John couldn't believe his luck! He wolfed it down, so mouthwateringly juicy, and chatted with the stewardess all through the plane ride.

After the long flight, even though it was as comfortable as could be, John was ready to set foot on ground again, and see what the event was. The plane finally touched down, and John got out, to see a black van. The stewardess told John “Get in that van, it’ll get you to Mojang headquarters.” The van door opened, and John got in. Inside were three burly men. John asked them; “Hello! Are you all here for the event?” One of the men said shortly, “Yes”, while another man grabbed at John. John yelped and tried to get out of the van, but these three goons were too strong for John. They forced him back in his seat, and tied him down with the seat belts, and held him. The van door opened, and the stewardess, no longer wearing a smile, said “Here, this won't hurt a bit, Mr. Steve.” She was holding a long silver needle-tipped syringe. John screamed, then the world went black.

Chapter I- Waking up:

Spoiler:
Black. White. Black. Green. Green? John opened his eyes fully, and saw a strange tree in front of him. This tree was... blocky, and a strange color. He looked down, and saw dark green grass. This grass was also flat. HIS LEGS WAS FLAT AND BLOCKY. “AHHH” John screamed, and walked backwards. Even walking felt wrong. Looking around in panic, he saw that everything was flat and blocky.

“Where am I?”

“Look around.”

“Uh, looks a lot like... MineCraft?”

“You’re Notch’s latest victim.”

John suddenly realized something-

“AHH WHO IS THAT”

John looked around in a panic, to see a blocky white transparent thing, with green eyes, and a crown, floating near him.

“WHO ARE YOU”

“I am Klazam33, the victim before you. I shouldn’t be here, at all, but I think that there was a glitch or bug or something. I’m in the body of a Twilight Wraith.”

“Uh, what is a Twilight Wraith? I played MineCraft, and I’ve never seen one of these.”

“Oh no, don’t tell me that you only played vanilla? I really hope that you won’t just die. I’m not sure how long I’m gonna stick around. Dear god, I hope this body won’t despawn.”

“This is a bit much to process. And why can’t I sit down?”

“You’re basically in a MineCraft world. There’s no sitting in MineCraft. Daylight is a-wasting. I strongly recommend you get playing. I’ll stick around and help you a bit, but since this body is completely unable to do anything, I guess it’ll just be help in the form of words. Oh and one last thing. Think of this as hardcore. I died and did NOT get to respawn. I just woke up here like you. What’s your name, anyway?”

“I’m John... My in-game name’s Steve, so call me that, I guess... So you’re saying that I’m basically a player in this game, but its real and I can die? How did you die?”

“Hello Steve, then. I’d rather not think about it, we can discuss that later. Go and look for the bonus chest, and punch some trees for wood. You’ll need it, of course.”

“Uh, punch trees? Okay, I guess...”

John looked around, and picked a tree at random. Wincing, he walked up to it, and gave it an experimental punch. The familiar cracking animation showed up and disappeared. John sighed in relief, and punched and kept on punching the block until the log dropped. He walked up to it, and it whooshed in John’s body.

“What, where did it go?”

“Oh right, You still haven’t figured out the Graphical User Interface yet. It took me a while to figure out myself. Just think ‘E’ really hard. It’s odd, but... yes it works.”

“Ok”

He closed his eyes and gave it a try. Nothing happened. “Nothing.” He opened his eyes, and WHAT. A massive 2-D gray pane was in front of him. He could see a book and a log of wood in his inventory, and he could see himself looking at wherever his eyes went. So weird and creepy. He experimentally pointed at the book. It began hovering. HE moved it down in what he could recognize was his hotbar, like from the game. Actually, the GUI was the exact same as from the game, but there were some differences, like 12 armor slots instead of just 4, and the crafting portion was pointing down instead of to its side. John pointed and moved the book in slot one, and it went there.

“So... Let me guess, think ‘ESC’ to get this thing down and ‘1’ to equip slot 1 in my hotbar?”

“Yup, you’re catching on fast. Maybe you still have some hope. But don’t worry about that book. time enough to read when we’re at safety.”

“All right, we can do that. Hmm, where’s this chest at? AHA, Found it!”

“Ok, how do I open this chest?”

“Same principle as everything else. Think right click, and punch it once.”

“That makes sense, but it doesn’t....”

The chest opened, and a pane, much like the inventory screen popped up. In that pane, there were some wood logs, planks, and a few items that John had never seen before. He pointed at one of them, and a description popped up- “Atlas‘ Portal Gun”.

Klazam remarked- “Wow, you’re lucky. I’ve never had one of that in my time in this cursed place.”

“What is that?”

“I’ll explain later, put everything in your inventory, and chop down a few trees before it gets dark.”

After what felt like a few hundred punches later, John’s shoulder was hurting. He decided that he had enough logs. After looking around, he noticed a small village nearby. The place he was in had dark green water, and a dismal dark sky, along with cows and pigs. He walked towards the village, when he saw some brown blocks in his path.

“Hold up there, faster if you go around that- it’s mud.”

He detoured, swam across a small river- The feeling was surreal- he kept on sinking, until he tried jumping, and via jumping he swam across. He never thought of the fact that MineCraft had some odd behavior. - then arrived at the village.

This village did not look normal, and John quickly figured out why. Some natural disaster had befell it, and a gaping ravine had spilt open in the middle of the 4-house village.

He looked around, and noticed that the village was half-buried.

He then saw the village priest, and walked around to talk to him.

Klazam33 interrupted to say “Hello priest. Where am I?”

John looked at Klazam33 in surprise.

“That was what you were going to say, yes? You fool, villagers in this world are just like in the game. they only offer you trade stuff, and do you no good. You might as well kill him.”

“No! I just can’t kill the villagers. I need to make sure they’re safe.”

“Ok, this is as good a time as any to teach you about the portal gun’s functions. Equip it, point him at the villager, and think ‘G’. “

“This better not kill him...”

John did as Klazam said, and IT WORKED! Somewhat. The villager started hovering. John moved around, and the villager moved with him. He carried the villager to the roof of one house, and plopped him down again. He captured two more villagers the same way, and put them all on the roof. “There, all safe.” He then went inside a house, and it was like nothing he ever saw before. There was all kind of blocks and stuff. BUT, there was wool on the floor. John happily gathered it all, and replaced it with willow planks.

There was also a crafting table in the place, so he made a bed for himself, and tried to make some tools. But for some reason, the tool recipes that he knew wasn’t working...

“Klazam33, what’s wrong with this thing?”

“Oh, this has Tinker’s Construct. You can’t make regular tools, you have to use these tool tables and such to assemble tools. We’ll cover this tomorrow.”

“Ok...”

John took a last look around his new home and outside, then he went to sleep for the night.

The night was SHORT and uneventful, then John woke up all rested. He climbed up the ladder at the back of the house to check on his 3 villagers. Outside, he saw all manner of nasty mobs burning in the daylight.

“Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?”

Chapter II: Tinkering, Hunting, and Mining

Spoiler:
John went downstairs, opened his chest, and tried to make head and tail out of all the crazy parts of tools in there. He couldn’t figure it out, until he remembered that he had a book in his inventory. He opened it up, and a panel with the book’s contents popped up front of him. “All right, I know this is weird, but I’m getting used to this” After a bit of reading, he felt that he understood how to make tools, pretty much. It was at this time that Klazam33 interjected- “You should go over to the other house, there’s more parts there, and theres another villager trapped inside. This is as good a time as any- see your portal guns? Try using it. I suggest this wall.”

John pointed the gun at the wall and used it. A green oval splashed against the wall he was pointing at. “Ok, this is pretty cool, but what can I do with it?” “Shoot the opposite wall with the other mode of the portal gun.” John did that, and a purple oval popped up. The ovals became silvery. “What now?” “Touch one of them”

John walked up to the green oval, and reached out to it. BAM. He was looking at the green oval, but farther away. Turning around, he finally understood what exactly happened. The ovals were portals, and he just went through one. “This is pretty cool.”

“Go over to the other house, and bring the villager here. Use that portal gun to get back here easily.”

John walked out of the house, and tried looking for the buried house’s entrance. There was none- it was fully buried, so he hopped the fence on the roof, and went down the ladders. Sure enough, this house was a exact copy of his current house. He opened the chest, and it had parts aplenty too. He gathered all of them, and then he shot a purple portal at the wall.

“If i use the ‘G’ thing, and bring him with me through that portal, will that work?” “Yeah, it will.”

“That’s pretty cool. I think I have a good idea for how to use this, but that’s later.”

After doing that, John gathered the parts he thought would be best for his tools. He opened the GUI of the Tool Table. “

This is where I make these tools, yes?”

“It is, and there’s a cool trick- when you are happy with your tool, just think a name at the GUI right before taking the tool out. This names the tools.”

Finished with his things, John turned to Klazam33 and asked him what he thought of all of them. Klazam33 shook his ghostly incorporeal head and said

“Making that Limp Rapier was really a bad idea- it’s nigh to useless.”

“I needed a sword, and that was the only sword blade available.”

“Did you read the book fully? You can make stuff out of the patterns, and there’s plenty of patterns here.”

“Oh, I wasn’t thinking about that. This thing doesn’t look that bad, and it has a cool name, so there. I feel sort of hungry now, actually. I think I’m gonna hunt cows and get myself some steak. Steak still exists, right?”

“Yes, and I would recommend you kill them with the frying pan you have, and when you’re ready, you can cook the steak in that thing too.”

After a few hundred Dinner Plate whacks, John had a lot of leather and raw beef. John was also hungrier than ever. He knew that eating the beef was a waste of time, and that it was better to eat steak over that. So John held off his gratification for that. He wandered around a bit, exploring the immediate area around his home for some fuel, when he came upon this strange sight-

“Oh, that’s just zombie brains. Pick it up, you’ll need it for later Thaumcraft research.”

“... What?”

“Never mind that now.”

John picked it up, and stopped off at his home to drop off everything, then he went back outside, and looked in the ravine nearby. There was coal on the cliffside! He dug down to the coal, then started to mine the coal, when an explosive “NO, STOP!” came from Klazam33. Startled, John stepped back, just as he finished mining the coal under him. The coal ore broke, and the coal dropped. And dropped. And dropped. John was this close to a splatter on the ravine bottom

“You fool! You forgot the cardinal rule of MineCraft- NEVER DIG DOWN!”

“Oops. That wont happen again...”

After John mined all the coal in that immediate area, he felt a gnawing hunger, and this hunger was painful. He started walking home, and every few seconds his body would convulse in pain.

“Hurry up and get home! You can actually die from hunger.”

John barely made it home, opened his chest, and saw the raw beef. John couldnt care less about efficiency now, and he just wolfed down a piece. The pain stopped, and he felt slightly better- the hunger was still there.

“Ok, time to cook myself some steak now.” John made an furnace to cook the steak with. When he placed it down, Klazam33 stopped him again. Even if Klazam33 had saved his life earlier, it was still getting annoying.

“What?”

“Use your frying pan, it can cook 14 steak per coal piece, more efficient than the furnace.”

John sighed. This nagging ghost was right as usual, so he just went along with what he said. shortly after cooking the steak, John was able to eat. The steak was surprisingly juicy and delicious, even if it was in a digital world.

With that thought, John started wondering about exactly what were around him. He then remembered the village church had a tall tower, so John went up on the roof and looked around. A forest, some desert, a bog, a hill off in the distance, ocean, and something extremely odd floating in the distance.

This floating thing was green and blue and brightly colored. John asked Klazam33 what it was, and Klazam33s reply was just a shrug of his translucent shoulders.

“Why don’t you go over there, and see what it is?”

“Heard of a little thing called despawning? I’m dead, but I’m still alive in a sense. I’d very much like to stay that way a bit longer.”

“All right, this is usually when I go off to mine. Should I do that? Or are there other things that I need to do first?”

“Nah, I think its time to mine too. But first, make sure you know what the color of your portal on the wall is. That way, you can get out of emergencies with your portal gun.”

After checking, John went outside to find a nice surface cave. He stopped by the library first, to gather all the books. Then he walked outside, and picked a likely direction to wander in. When he was walking, he tripped over a plant, and that plant HURT him. Green particles floated off his body, and it kept hurting.

“What, what’s poisoning me?”

“That plant. Stay away from it and destroy any that you see.”

He destroyed the plant, then kept on walking, when he found a nice little surface cave. In this cave, was easily seen coal, so he went ahead and mined the coal. under one coal ore block was a hole. Inside this hole was a creeper. At first John was startled, but after a bit, he realized that the creeper was trapped with nowhere to go, so John laughed and started mocking it. After a short time of “Yo mama’s so fat that..” jokes, John looked around, and saw a few different ores in the cave’s walls. There was natural iron, there was a orangish ore, there was a metallic orange ore, and there was something that glowed in the dark. John went to mine this one, and was rewarded with sparkles and some Earth Shards.

“What’s this for? And do I need to mine everything that I see?”

“That’s for Thaumcraft, and yes, you need everything you see. You will end up using it all.”

After wandering a bit around surface bright caverns, John saw a zombie hiding in a dark spot. Feeling confident, John enticed it in the sun and started slapping at it with the Limp Rapier. The rapier was able to deal a little damage, quickly. It still took a while before the zombie keeled over, redead, though.

“See Klazam, this rapier ain’t so bad.”

“It’s fine with one on one, but with more than one enemy? Bad idea.”

John spied another zombie, this one with golden armor, in a darker part of the cave. He yelled “Watch this, Klazam!” as he charged in the cave, jumping ver a small hole to engage the zombie. The small duel was going well in John’s favor, when john saw a creeper sneakingly coming up behind the zombie. John yelped, and beat a quick backwards fighting retreat. Step back, slap zombie, step back, slap zombie, step back, wait, there’s nothing there AHHH THUD. John winced, as he realized he fell down the small hole he jumped over earlier. HE looke daround and saw that he was in a cave, sigificantly darker than before. He looked up, and saw the gold zombie preparing to jump after him, and John retreated farther in the cave, as the gold zombie and creeper jumped in the hole to chase John. He desperately tried to find a way out of the cave, but he couldn’t.

“Watch out!” came at the same moment that a severe pain ripped through John’s head. John spun around to see a skeleton aiming at him. “Ach!” when the gold zombie from behind caught up. Spying a cave to John’s right, he limped quickly that way, when a large boom caught him and lifted him up, and threw John a distance deeper in the cave. John was in severe pain at this point. He looked back, to see that the creeper did do him a small favor- the skeleton and the gold zombie was nowhere to be seen. John breathed a sigh of relief... Then another skeleton showed up. “AHH” John quickly panicked.

“QUICK! Use the portal gun to make a getaway!”

“OH RIGHT YES”

John shot a portal in the floor, and jumped in. Safe, at last! But no! A zombie popped out of the portal. John screamed and punched the zombie. the zombie disappeared and reappeared. Another punch, the same thing happened.

“How do I turn this off!”

“I can’t remember! Let me think!”

“Hurry up, please!” as John kept on punching.

“OH RIGHT! It’s ‘R’, HURRY UP AND THINK THAT.”

The portal disappeared. “Whew, that was a close call.”

“For future reference, portals on the floor are bad ideas.”

“I think I got that.”

Chapter III- Portals and Ravines, oh my!:

Spoiler:
John turned to Klazam33 and said,

"That last thing was a bit too close for comfort. My life's really in danger?"

"Yes, as far as I can tell. I wish I knew what the purpose behind this thing."

"How is this even possible, anyway? I've heard about virtual reality games, yeah, but nothing comes even close to this. Is this gonna be my life from now on?"

"I wish I knew. When I died, I was hoping I'd just wake up, but I woke up in this body... It is possible we both are stuck here forever."

John sighed. "Well, I've never been a quitter. If this is going to be my life from now on, I'll just have to make the best out of it. I don't want to walk around without any armor. That's just courting death. But I don't have nearly enough iron for it..."

"Hang on! You recall the mud in the bog where you and I spawned? You can make mud balls into mud armor. It's not that strong, but it's decent."

John put up a portal at home before going back out, which would be what John will always do from now on, and then he went out, made the swim to the bog. He punched the mud, and gathered quite a lot of mud balls. While he was doing this, he remembered that there were a lot of cows and some pigs around. He decided his next project would be capturing some and making an animal farm out of them. But first, John went home and crafted the mud armor. it was not very comfortable- a bit damp and clammy, but it was still protection.

"Klazam33, this here portal gun will make portals that can send cows through, right? If that zombie could come through, cows should be able to, right?"

"Yeah, anything can be sent through portals. They're awesome, and I'm jealous that I didn't get the chance to play with one."

"Want to try my extra one?"

John got the other gun out of the chest, and offered to Klazam33. He floated down, but as he reached out to take the gun, John yelped and jumped away from Klazam33.

"That hurt!"

"It must be because I'm in the body of a hostile mob. I guess I won't get to use that gun after all.. That's the perks of being not alive I guess..."

John went to the roof of the other house, and set up a portal there, then he made the swim back to the bog. He then spent the day merrily shooting portals at animals. After night fell, he jumped through a portal to check on his progress. He caught many more animals than he excepted to.

After that, he went to his bed and slept for the night, then he awoke to see Klazam33 on top of his chests, in as much of a thinking pose that a block-ghost could be.

"You know, you said that you didn't have enough iron, right? How would you like to double your iron and all other metal ores? If you want to do that, read the Tinker's book again, specifically the section on the smeltery."

Intrigued, John went to do that. He read that there was a structure that basically melted metals and doubled the output. The components of this structure were pretty cheap to make.

"I saw some clay and gravel out in the bog, and I live near a desert. This thing seems to be easy to make."

John made a shovel out of stone, unburied the farm house, and went to dig a lot of clay, gravel, and sand. That task took awhile, so he had to go home and sleep a few times.

Finally, after a long day, night was approaching again, but John had plenty of the three components, so he made grout out of them, the second step to a smeltery. John tossed the grout in his two furnaces, and started cooking.

Cooking the grout, John realized he didn't have nearly enough coal, so he sighed, because he knew he'd have to go caving again for the coal. He quickly made a stone pick, and went out. This time, he went to the ravine near to his home, because he knew it had a waterfall. He jumped in the water and went to the bottom. there was some exposed coal, but not nearly enough. Looking around, John noticed another cave nearby. Recalling the recent debacle, he sighed, but it wasn't something he could not do, so he went in bravely. He remembered that portals give off a bit of light, so he shot portals out ahead of him and ventured in the cave carefully. He constantly checked all around him as he mined. It seemed pretty safe...

This went on for quite a while, then finally John spotted a solitary zombie ahead of him. He took out the Dinner Plate, and proceeded to bash Mr. Zombie in a pile of rotten flesh. There was nothing around him, so John kept on mining until his stone pick broke, and he had to go home. Once home, John put in the second batch of grout in the ovens. John read the book again, and he realized he needed to find lava, to be able to use the smeltery. John decided to explore the area, and to look for any surface lava pools. Hopefully he'd get lucky on that and find some nearby. After a while of exploration, John saw many interesting terrain features.

In his travels, John came across a huge gold deposit on the surface, exicited, John tried to mine it, but his pickax was sticking in it, like it was gravel. Confused, but then he realized it was gold gravel ore. He tried to use his stone shove, but it was too hard for the stone shovel to work. Logically, John figured, he'd need a metal shovel, which he needed a smeltery for. So John just made sure he memorized the location of the gold, and he went on.

After traveling, John saw a beautiful shiny blue tree.

"Ooh, what's this?"

"This is a Silverwood. Leave it alone. You'll need to come back here eventually, for Thaumcraft."

"What exactly is Thaumcraft?"

"Magic, basically. You'll be able to make things and do magicial things."

"That's pretty cool I guess. Let's do that after I find some lava, ok?"

"Sure. I like Thaumcraft myself."

John went on, exploring, with not much luck, but he did find a few strange things. Things like a chilly icy wasteland, and a crater with water levitating over it.

Eventually, John came to a marshy land, with trees that had massive canopies. John was able to get up on top! and jump around the foliage of different trees.

"I feel like I'm in an kungfu movie! "

"Watch out! There's a ravine under that jump!"

"What, NOOOO"

John screamed as he missed a jump, and missed vines, to fall.

Thud.

John woke up, groaning. His body hurt so much. Looking around, he saw that he was still in Minecraftia, and alive! It turned out there was a ledge midway in the ravine, and John somehow landed on it! John looked down, from his perch.

Looking up, there was a shelf of stone above him. John had no idea how he managed to land on the ravine. Looking back down in the ravine, John saw Klazam33 floating back and forth in a state of panic.

"Hey! I'm up here!"

"Oh thank god! I was so afraid that you died. I saw you jump and fall. Then I couldn't see you anywhere."

"I'm done looking for lava pools. It's obvious there's none nearby. I'll go home and look for them in the earth's depths."

Chapter IV- Challenging Caving

Spoiler:
John arrived to his home, via portal. He started gathering everything necessary to go mining, but Klazam33 had an observation to make-

“Uh, Steve, did you forget about torches? It’ll make your mining marginally safer.”

“Well, yeah. I sort of forgot about them. I’ll make some.”

John made a couple hundred torches, then cooked iron to make buckets for lava, when he found some.

“You know, Lava being held in metal buckets and being fine makes no sense, really.”

“Like everything makes sense in MineCraft? I’d recommend you use one of these buckets for water. Safety and all that.”

John agreed with that, and went out to the nearby well and filled a bucket.

John thought, since he was all loaded out, he might as well as check out the bottom of the ravine under his adopted village. He used the water to make a waterfall of sorts down the ravine, then he went down. There wasn’t any mobs to be seen, but there were some ores and stuff, which John mined out. John also lit up the bottom of the ravine some.

John also found several adjoining caverns, which he blocked off. There was one cave that looked promising, so John didn’t block that one off. He went int he cave, to explore a little bit. Three zombies shambled to attack him, but unfortunately, for the zombies, John was slightly too high for them to attack. Whack, Whack, Whack. Dinner Plate put them all out of their misery.

Descending farther in the cave, an angry zombie charged John, but with his proficiency in wielding Dinner Plates, it was easily beat back. After that, John saw a skeleton training his sights on him. John beat an hasty retreat, and jumped through his portal, to mentally prepare for skeleton combat. After a short time, John was ready, so he stepped through the portal. OW.

The skeleton was right there, machine-gun firing at John. He was able to barely get back to the portal and hop back through. John whirled around, ready to bash the skeleton, when it came out behind him. That skeleton was a smart one, though. After a couple tense seconds, John realized that the skeleton was probably set up, with his damned bow pointed directly at the portal, ready for John.

John steeled himself, and ran out swinging. John was able to catch the skeleton unaware, and killed it before it could get off many arrows. He groaned, and waited a bit to recuperate, then he set off through the cave again.

After a short time, John spied a dark portion of cavern, but there was very clearly lava at the far end of the cavern. There was one slight problem with this, though. There was a large horde of monsters between John and the lava. This included skeletons, creepers, and whatnot. And some cows too.

John sighed,

“I wish I had an bow and enough arrows to deal with this.”

“I’m wishing that too. Do you think you could build something to get you enough arrows to deal with this?”

“Actually, I might have an idea.”

With that cryptic statement, John turned back and went to his adopted village. John grabbed the spare portal gun, and did this:

“What are you planning to do with that?”

“Oh, you’ll see.”

John went back to where he was. Sure enough, mobs started closing in range.

“C’mon, tell me what you’re gonna do. Or are you giving up?”

“Don’t worry. I know what I’m doing.”

Suddenly, John brought out the spare portal gun, and started shooting portals at the feet of all the monsters in the cave.

One by one, they disappeared, without causing harm to John.

“Wow, that was a really brilliant idea. I never thought of using the portal gun as a offensive ranged weapon. But what about the other end? That’s right in middle of your village?”

“Yep. That’s the point. What else is in the middle of the village?”

“Oh, the ravine?”

John laughed, and proceeded on to light up the entire cavern, and to collect the lava. He felt good, like he was on a roll, so he decided to keep on mining and going on with this adventure. A lot of one on one combats ensued, which John won with his trusty Dinner Plate. Suddenly, an angry zombie attacked John from the back. John was pretty badly hurt, but he managed to kill it. It was at that moment when John decided he had enough, and that it was time to go home.

John stepped through his portal, and took a look around. Something was wrong with his home. A skeleton was prowling right outside, then it caught sight of John through the glass, and walked in the house. The door was missing for some reason. John was able to beat it off. Right outside the house, he found the door on the floor. John re-installed it, just to watch as an angry zombie promptly broke it down again.

John fought it off, and rebuilt the door. John then tried to go to sleep again, but he was way too jumpy to sleep, because of the constants sounds of monsters around.

At last, dawn came, and then John ran outside and lighted up the entire village. He did not want to deal with all the mobs again. After that, John went to chop down trees. He chopped down quite a bit of them.

“Why are you doing that?”

“I’m gonna have to move out pretty soon. The ravine’s making me nervous, and it’s getting slightly cramped within home. But not right now. I want to have decent equipment first though. I guess it’s time to build that smeltery thing.”

John busily set up the smeltery, and poured his first few casts of aluminum brass.

Last edited by Klazam on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:02 am, edited 8 times in total.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15237 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Oso »

I agree completely with Rhinox.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15238 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Fine, no list, no banning, no motivation not to do it again. We'll see how that plays out, I guess.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I don't think that was the point, Rob.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I'm saying nothing else on this topic - I'm totally done with it.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 15235, Klazam wrote:Regarding the above thing- I know that i did not do it, and i hope that rob/blake does too, so im not gonna say anything more on that topic. This is a game, for god's sake.
Whoever that is the asshole here, just don't do it again, and we'll just forget about it,
hmm?
^^^^

Let's drop it now. We'll deal with it if it happens again, but let's just enjoy Klaz's awesomeness at the moment. K?

<3

Edit: Slow internet is slow.
Art is cool.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by Klazam »

NEXT PART IS UP! (please read the preceding parts first- link is in my siggy)

Chapter I- Waking up:

Spoiler:
Black. White. Black. Green. Green? John opened his eyes fully, and saw a strange tree in front of him. This tree was... blocky, and a strange color. He looked down, and saw dark green grass. This grass was also flat. HIS LEGS WAS FLAT AND BLOCKY. “AHHH” John screamed, and walked backwards. Even walking felt wrong. Looking around in panic, he saw that everything was flat and blocky.

“Where am I?”

“Look around.”

“Uh, looks a lot like... MineCraft?”

“You’re Notch’s latest victim.”

John suddenly realized something-

“AHH WHO IS THAT”

John looked around in a panic, to see a blocky white transparent thing, with green eyes, and a crown, floating near him.

“WHO ARE YOU”

“I am Klazam33, the victim before you. I shouldn’t be here, at all, but I think that there was a glitch or bug or something. I’m in the body of a Twilight Wraith.”

“Uh, what is a Twilight Wraith? I played MineCraft, and I’ve never seen one of these.”

“Oh no, don’t tell me that you only played vanilla? I really hope that you won’t just die. I’m not sure how long I’m gonna stick around. Dear god, I hope this body won’t despawn.”

“This is a bit much to process. And why can’t I sit down?”

“You’re basically in a MineCraft world. There’s no sitting in MineCraft. Daylight is a-wasting. I strongly recommend you get playing. I’ll stick around and help you a bit, but since this body is completely unable to do anything, I guess it’ll just be help in the form of words. Oh and one last thing. Think of this as hardcore. I died and did NOT get to respawn. I just woke up here like you. What’s your name, anyway?”

“I’m John... My in-game name’s Steve, so call me that, I guess... So you’re saying that I’m basically a player in this game, but its real and I can die? How did you die?”

“Hello Steve, then. I’d rather not think about it, we can discuss that later. Go and look for the bonus chest, and punch some trees for wood. You’ll need it, of course.”

“Uh, punch trees? Okay, I guess...”

John looked around, and picked a tree at random. Wincing, he walked up to it, and gave it an experimental punch. The familiar cracking animation showed up and disappeared. John sighed in relief, and punched and kept on punching the block until the log dropped. He walked up to it, and it whooshed in John’s body.

“What, where did it go?”

“Oh right, You still haven’t figured out the Graphical User Interface yet. It took me a while to figure out myself. Just think ‘E’ really hard. It’s odd, but... yes it works.”

“Ok”

He closed his eyes and gave it a try. Nothing happened. “Nothing.” He opened his eyes, and WHAT. A massive 2-D gray pane was in front of him. He could see a book and a log of wood in his inventory, and he could see himself looking at wherever his eyes went. So weird and creepy. He experimentally pointed at the book. It began hovering. He moved it down in what he could recognize was his hotbar, like from the game. Actually, the GUI was the exact same as from the game, but there were some differences, like 12 armor slots instead of just 4, and the crafting portion was pointing down instead of to its side. John pointed and moved the book in slot one, and it went there.

“So... Let me guess, think ‘ESC’ to get this thing down and ‘1’ to equip slot 1 in my hotbar?”

“Yup, you’re catching on fast. Maybe you still have some hope. But don’t worry about that book. time enough to read when we’re at safety.”

“All right, we can do that. Hmm, where’s this chest at? AHA, Found it!”

“Ok, how do I open this chest?”

“Same principle as everything else. Think right click, and punch it once.”

“That makes sense, but it doesn’t....”

The chest opened, and a pane, much like the inventory screen popped up. In that pane, there were some wood logs, planks, and a few items that John had never seen before. He pointed at one of them, and a description popped up- “Atlas‘ Portal Gun”.

Klazam remarked- “Wow, you’re lucky. I’ve never had one of that in my time in this cursed place.”

“What is that?”

“I’ll explain later, put everything in your inventory, and chop down a few trees before it gets dark.”

After what felt like a few hundred punches later, John’s shoulder was hurting. He decided that he had enough logs. After looking around, he noticed a small village nearby. The place he was in had dark green water, and a dismal dark sky, along with cows and pigs. He walked towards the village, when he saw some brown blocks in his path.

“Hold up there, faster if you go around that- it’s mud.”

He detoured, swam across a small river- The feeling was surreal- he kept on sinking, until he tried jumping, and via jumping he swam across. He never thought of the fact that MineCraft had some odd behavior. - then arrived at the village.

This village did not look normal, and John quickly figured out why. Some natural disaster had befell it, and a gaping ravine had spilt open in the middle of the 4-house village.

He looked around, and noticed that the village was half-buried.

He then saw the village priest, and walked around to talk to him.

Klazam33 interrupted to say “Hello priest. Where am I?”

John looked at Klazam33 in surprise.

“That was what you were going to say, yes? You fool, villagers in this world are just like in the game. they only offer you trade stuff, and do you no good. You might as well kill him.”

“No! I just can’t kill the villagers. I need to make sure they’re safe.”

“Ok, this is as good a time as any to teach you about the portal gun’s functions. Equip it, point him at the villager, and think ‘G’. “

“This better not kill him...”

John did as Klazam said, and IT WORKED! Somewhat. The villager started hovering. John moved around, and the villager moved with him. He carried the villager to the roof of one house, and plopped him down again. He captured two more villagers the same way, and put them all on the roof. “There, all safe.” He then went inside a house, and it was like nothing he ever saw before. There was all kind of blocks and stuff. BUT, there was wool on the floor. John happily gathered it all, and replaced it with willow planks.

There was also a crafting table in the place, so he made a bed for himself, and tried to make some tools. But for some reason, the tool recipes that he knew wasn’t working...

“Klazam33, what’s wrong with this thing?”

“Oh, this has Tinker’s Construct. You can’t make regular tools, you have to use these tool tables and such to assemble tools. We’ll cover this tomorrow.”

“Ok...”

John took a last look around his new home and outside, then he went to sleep for the night.

The night was SHORT and uneventful, then John woke up all rested. He climbed up the ladder at the back of the house to check on his 3 villagers. Outside, he saw all manner of nasty mobs burning in the daylight.

“Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?”
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #15243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by blake5135 »

Anyone proficient in creating ages want to donate an official wither fighting age?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Post by Maestro »

I'll do it when I'm on later if Klaz/somebody else hasn't already offered over IRC.
blake5135
blake5135
Watcher
blake5135
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #15245 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:39 am

Post by blake5135 »

Thank you M.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Klazam »

NEXT PART IS UP! (please read the preceding parts first- link is in my siggy)

Chapter II: Tinkering, Hunting, and Mining

Spoiler:
John went downstairs, opened his chest, and tried to make head and tail out of all the crazy parts of tools in there. He couldn’t figure it out, until he remembered that he had a book in his inventory. He opened it up, and a panel with the book’s contents popped up front of him. “All right, I know this is weird, but I’m getting used to this” After a bit of reading, he felt that he understood how to make tools, pretty much. It was at this time that Klazam33 interjected- “You should go over to the other house, there’s more parts there, and theres another villager trapped inside. This is as good a time as any- see your portal guns? Try using it. I suggest this wall.”

John pointed the gun at the wall and used it. A green oval splashed against the wall he was pointing at. “Ok, this is pretty cool, but what can I do with it?” “Shoot the opposite wall with the other mode of the portal gun.” John did that, and a purple oval popped up. The ovals became silvery. “What now?” “Touch one of them”

John walked up to the green oval, and reached out to it. BAM. He was looking at the green oval, but farther away. Turning around, he finally understood what exactly happened. The ovals were portals, and he just went through one. “This is pretty cool.”

“Go over to the other house, and bring the villager here. Use that portal gun to get back here easily.”

John walked out of the house, and tried looking for the buried house’s entrance. There was none- it was fully buried, so he hopped the fence on the roof, and went down the ladders. Sure enough, this house was a exact copy of his current house. He opened the chest, and it had parts aplenty too. He gathered all of them, and then he shot a purple portal at the wall.

“If i use the ‘G’ thing, and bring him with me through that portal, will that work?” “Yeah, it will.”

“That’s pretty cool. I think I have a good idea for how to use this, but that’s later.”

After doing that, John gathered the parts he thought would be best for his tools. He opened the GUI of the Tool Table. “

This is where I make these tools, yes?”

“It is, and there’s a cool trick- when you are happy with your tool, just think a name at the GUI right before taking the tool out. This names the tools.”

Finished with his things, John turned to Klazam33 and asked him what he thought of all of them. Klazam33 shook his ghostly incorporeal head and said

“Making that Limp Rapier was really a bad idea- it’s nigh to useless.”

“I needed a sword, and that was the only sword blade available.”

“Did you read the book fully? You can make stuff out of the patterns, and there’s plenty of patterns here.”

“Oh, I wasn’t thinking about that. This thing doesn’t look that bad, and it has a cool name, so there. I feel sort of hungry now, actually. I think I’m gonna hunt cows and get myself some steak. Steak still exists, right?”

“Yes, and I would recommend you kill them with the frying pan you have, and when you’re ready, you can cook the steak in that thing too.”

After a few hundred Dinner Plate whacks, John had a lot of leather and raw beef. John was also hungrier than ever. He knew that eating the beef was a waste of time, and that it was better to eat steak over that. So John held off his gratification for that. He wandered around a bit, exploring the immediate area around his home for some fuel, when he came upon this strange sight-

“Oh, that’s just zombie brains. Pick it up, you’ll need it for later Thaumcraft research.”

“... What?”

“Never mind that now.”

John picked it up, and stopped off at his home to drop off everything, then he went back outside, and looked in the ravine nearby. There was coal on the cliffside! He dug down to the coal, then started to mine the coal, when an explosive “NO, STOP!” came from Klazam33. Startled, John stepped back, just as he finished mining the coal under him. The coal ore broke, and the coal dropped. And dropped. And dropped. John was this close to a splatter on the ravine bottom

“You fool! You forgot the cardinal rule of MineCraft- NEVER DIG DOWN!”

“Oops. That wont happen again...”

After John mined all the coal in that immediate area, he felt a gnawing hunger, and this hunger was painful. He started walking home, and every few seconds his body would convulse in pain.

“Hurry up and get home! You can actually die from hunger.”

John barely made it home, opened his chest, and saw the raw beef. John couldnt care less about efficiency now, and he just wolfed down a piece. The pain stopped, and he felt slightly better- the hunger was still there.

“Ok, time to cook myself some steak now.” John made an furnace to cook the steak with. When he placed it down, Klazam33 stopped him again. Even if Klazam33 had saved his life earlier, it was still getting annoying.

“What?”

“Use your frying pan, it can cook 14 steak per coal piece, more efficient than the furnace.”

John sighed. This nagging ghost was right as usual, so he just went along with what he said. shortly after cooking the steak, John was able to eat. The steak was surprisingly juicy and delicious, even if it was in a digital world.

With that thought, John started wondering about exactly what were around him. He then remembered the village church had a tall tower, so John went up on the roof and looked around. A forest, some desert, a bog, a hill off in the distance, ocean, and something extremely odd floating in the distance.

This floating thing was green and blue and brightly colored. John asked Klazam33 what it was, and Klazam33s reply was just a shrug of his translucent shoulders.

“Why don’t you go over there, and see what it is?”

“Heard of a little thing called despawning? I’m dead, but I’m still alive in a sense. I’d very much like to stay that way a bit longer.”

“All right, this is usually when I go off to mine. Should I do that? Or are there other things that I need to do first?”

“Nah, I think its time to mine too. But first, make sure you know what the color of your portal on the wall is. That way, you can get out of emergencies with your portal gun.”

After checking, John went outside to find a nice surface cave. He stopped by the library first, to gather all the books. Then he walked outside, and picked a likely direction to wander in. When he was walking, he tripped over a plant, and that plant HURT him. Green particles floated off his body, and it kept hurting.

“What, what’s poisoning me?”

“That plant. Stay away from it and destroy any that you see.”

He destroyed the plant, then kept on walking, when he found a nice little surface cave. In this cave, was easily seen coal, so he went ahead and mined the coal. under one coal ore block was a hole. Inside this hole was a creeper. At first John was startled, but after a bit, he realized that the creeper was trapped with nowhere to go, so John laughed and started mocking it. After a short time of “Yo mama’s so fat that..” jokes, John looked around, and saw a few different ores in the cave’s walls. There was natural iron, there was a orangish ore, there was a metallic orange ore, and there was something that glowed in the dark. John went to mine this one, and was rewarded with sparkles and some Earth Shards.

“What’s this for? And do I need to mine everything that I see?”

“That’s for Thaumcraft, and yes, you need everything you see. You will end up using it all.”

After wandering a bit around surface bright caverns, John saw a zombie hiding in a dark spot. Feeling confident, John enticed it in the sun and started slapping at it with the Limp Rapier. The rapier was able to deal a little damage, quickly. It still took a while before the zombie keeled over, redead, though.

“See Klazam, this rapier ain’t so bad.”

“It’s fine with one on one, but with more than one enemy? Bad idea.”

John spied another zombie, this one with golden armor, in a darker part of the cave. He yelled “Watch this, Klazam!” as he charged in the cave, jumping ver a small hole to engage the zombie. The small duel was going well in John’s favor, when john saw a creeper sneakingly coming up behind the zombie. John yelped, and beat a quick backwards fighting retreat. Step back, slap zombie, step back, slap zombie, step back, wait, there’s nothing there AHHH THUD. John winced, as he realized he fell down the small hole he jumped over earlier. HE looke daround and saw that he was in a cave, sigificantly darker than before. He looked up, and saw the gold zombie preparing to jump after him, and John retreated farther in the cave, as the gold zombie and creeper jumped in the hole to chase John. He desperately tried to find a way out of the cave, but he couldn’t.

“Watch out!” came at the same moment that a severe pain ripped through John’s head. John spun around to see a skeleton aiming at him. “Ach!” when the gold zombie from behind caught up. Spying a cave to John’s right, he limped quickly that way, when a large boom caught him and lifted him up, and threw John a distance deeper in the cave. John was in severe pain at this point. He looked back, to see that the creeper did do him a small favor- the skeleton and the gold zombie was nowhere to be seen. John breathed a sigh of relief... Then another skeleton showed up. “AHH” John quickly panicked.

“QUICK! Use the portal gun to make a getaway!”

“OH RIGHT YES”

John shot a portal in the floor, and jumped in. Safe, at last! But no! A zombie popped out of the portal. John screamed and punched the zombie. the zombie disappeared and reappeared. Another punch, the same thing happened.

“How do I turn this off!”

“I can’t remember! Let me think!”

“Hurry up, please!” as John kept on punching.

“OH RIGHT! It’s ‘R’, HURRY UP AND THINK THAT.”

The portal disappeared. “Whew, that was a close call.”

“For future reference, portals on the floor are bad ideas.”

“I think I got that.”
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades