Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

The question is being phrased poorly. Hiraki, you said that you never called DE scum, but you were unwilling to lynch them Day 1. So why were you unwilling to lynch them Day 1?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Before I even bother giving you guys my reads list (which I'm doing sometime tomorrow), I'm just going to let you guys know that my name isn't even Brian. So it's just whatever. I'm already over MafiaScum players misspelling my username.

And I still think TNE is probably scum. I will need a re-read before I decide though.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:35 am

Post by InflatablePie »

preemptive prod dodge. sorry, got busy the past two days, will post tonight/tomorrow after work
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:57 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I just want to start murdering all the prod dodgers. But that would mean taking out half the playerlist.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:11 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Vote Count 2.3

10 alive, 6 to lynch

Sakura Hana (2): EspeciallyTheLies, InflatablePie
thenewearth (2): Ankamius, Hiraki
DoctorEagle (1): Sakura Hana
Brian Skies (1): Alduskkel
Hiraki (1): DoctorEagle

Not Voting: Brian Skies, JacobSavage, thenewearth

Deadline: October 15, 9 PM EDT ((expired on 2013-10-15 21:00:00))

yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by thenewearth »

VOTE: Sakura
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by thenewearth »

Mostly because of the scummy mc scum fuck of an opportunity lynch.

I'll get into more serious details later
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 294, Hiraki wrote:This game is really hard to read. Therefore, I think I'm going to use process of elimination here.

I am not willing to lynch: Venrob,
VieraAssassin
, ETL,
DoctorEagle
, BrianSkies, and Ankamius.

That leaves:
Alduskkel, JacobSavage
pieguyn
, Sakura Hana, thenewearth

My next posts will basically be choosing out of that pile but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how the rest of this game goes for me.
Can you explain these slots' positioning on this list up to this point? The ones that stick out the most are VA and Pieguyn. Is there any particular reason why they were in their respective spots?

Granted, Aldu already asked this question, but you just avoided the question.
In post 310, Hiraki wrote:
In post 307, pieguyn wrote:he just asked you to explain your reads more.
I would believe this if he cited my early posts and finding contradictions from earlier reads.
Your rebuttal is that Aldu didn't look back to find contradictions. But after skimming your iso, I can't find how you came to the conclusion of each read. Like I said, the most notable ones are VA and Pieguyn. Considering you, I would have expected at least one vote on lurker VA.
In post 428, Hiraki wrote:Are you going to vote Sakura, and why?
No, because I think TNE is scummier. I actually wanted to lynch that slot yesterday, and my feelings haven't changed.

After a quick re-read: I don't really have any definite townreads that I'm happy with yet.

I still like the Ank and IP slots for town.
Alduskkel starts off scummy for me, then he gets a lot townier during mid and end of Day 1.
I have a small townlean for ETL.
JS is a claimed Power Role, but I'm starting to see why people would have thought he was scummy. Regardless, if someone else is the bodyguard, they need to cc right now.

Hiraki still feels "off" for me.
And I'm really not liking TNE's iso.

I'm still debating DE and Sakura. I don't get why people were townreading DE so early when he didn't do much. I didn't really like his entrance post. And TNE's early townread on DE rubs me the wrong way.

VOTE: TNE
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Brian, respond to my vote on you. Also, tell me why TNE is scum, in your own words.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Looking at TNE's iso, there is an extreme lack of scumhunting.
He jumped on Venrob with a lack of reasoning. It just looks like an opportunistic jump onto the wagon.
His earliest reads were townreads on DE and Pieguy. For DE, I don't see why he would of earned a townread. His entrance post was just alright. The Pieguyn read was just in line with everyone else and was a safe thing to do.
The next set of reads, post 291, is just a naked reads list. There are no thoughts, cases, or anything. Townreads on me, DNE, and Pieguyn. Scumreads on Venrob and VA. Once again, the reads list is extremely safe. He isn't committing to making a stance on anything else.

Everything else is just crap.

As for your vote on me, what about it? You can push me if you want. I don't really care. I've already pushed Venrob and I've already explained my thoughts about you earlier in the game during my interactions with Pieguyn.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Good responses. (I can go into detail why if anyone asks.)

Unvote

Vote: TNE
how about you get into those "serious details" of why Sakura is scum sooner rather than later.

That's L-2, by the by.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:33 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Sakura Hana and EspeciallyTheLies prodded.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

DoctorEagle
DoctorEagle
Townie
DoctorEagle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:34 am

Post by DoctorEagle »

In post 342, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 341, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I need to know why "pieguy is scum".
I would like to know this as well. I'm townreading pieguy.
In post 376, Sakura Hana wrote:
Unvote
Vote: pieguy

You know there's 3 scum and not 2 right? I like IP's points on you.
A+ for the quick flip flop on the pieguy wagon.

"Why are people scum reading him, i read him as town"
40 posts later
BAM!
In post 345, Sakura Hana wrote:Yeah I guess my vote is being kinda useless atm anyway.

I can buy jacob scum case
Unvote
Vote: JacobSavage
Now youre just building towards any wagon that goes to you at this point.
In post 437, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 436, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:It's like you aren't even reading the thread.
And doesn't want to engage with me because he knows I can read him (I have hydra'd with DP)
I actually just love the fact that me NOT being here because I was V/LA for two weeks, it was site wide btw, means that I am avoiding you.

Actually, I just love the fact that we hydra'd and you know exactly how we went and disagreed with reads, which explains BE not voting for you, yet somehow when it comes to a situation elsewhere, youre quick to call scum on it.

You wanna dance?

VOTE: Sakura Hana
DoctorEagle
DoctorEagle
Townie
DoctorEagle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 am

Post by DoctorEagle »

Hiraki, I had you leaning town by gut. Thats all really.

And I think I've explained my ETL suspicion quite well. In my first few posts.

This is to Brian.
First off, i dont think you've answered my early question to you. Why is it that Venrob voting for Ank scummy, yet you did the exact same thing? I find it highly hypocritical of you to just call him out on doing the same thing you did. Be it timing or whatever, it bothers me that you pretty much moved your vote when a)Ank called you town and b) you voted for someone for doing something you did as well.

If you look at posts and , you'll see this in order.
"I dont get the Sakura wagon"
"Based on pieguy's logic, Sakura and Venrob is a possible scum team"

Ohh you did answer my question in post
Wait, no you didnt, you just said "oh hey, glad you noticed"

My response to you in 119 and this goes for IP as well is the fact that you've been calling Venrob scum (for the same thing you did, mind you) to the point that even him claiming he got us out of RVS was something useless yet you felt the need to comment on something so petty. Its bothersome. It just screams either "tunnelvision" or "more discrediting"

And. I still cant get in regards to Sakura. You "claim" to not like the wagon, and think she's scum as well? Its like youre dissociating yourself while claiming credit for thinking she's scum, thats soft.

Aside from all of that, I (Doctor-fucking-Pepper) have had you at leaning scum in my initial reads. Your later posts, such as this. As well as your random accusation of me, which only came in snippets of "I suspect DE" without an explanation, and only gave explanations when other people have, its skeevy.

After Sakura, I want you,
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Hi, prod received. I'm sorry - I've been rather ill the past day or so. I'm reading what I missed now and will give an updated reads list momentarily.
Art is cool.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 464, DoctorEagle wrote:First off, i dont think you've answered my early question to you. Why is it that Venrob voting for Ank scummy, yet you did the exact same thing? I find it highly hypocritical of you to just call him out on doing the same thing you did. Be it timing or whatever, it bothers me that you pretty much moved your vote when a)Ank called you town and b) you voted for someone for doing something you did as well.
I'm pretty sure I've already explained this in the thread somewhere. I didn't call him scummy for voting Ank. I called him scummy for his reaction to his wagon and the reasoning for his vote. He tried to push a wagon on Ank by calling the selfvote scummy. After he got wagoned, he tried to get towncred by saying he moved us out of RVS. The reaction was bad, and that's why I pushed him.

And I know I already mentioned this before. I thought my vote on Ank was worthy of a wagon as well and was waiting for people to push me for it. But no one did (except for Pieguyn way later) and they all just wagoned Venrob or Sakura instead.

How do you feel about TNE?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Oh, I didn't realize the rest was directed at me as well.
In post 464, DoctorEagle wrote:If you look at posts 136 and 163, you'll see this in order.
"I dont get the Sakura wagon"

"Based on pieguy's logic, Sakura and Venrob is a possible scum team"
The bold part has already been explained to Pieguyn. I didn't understand how the wagon started and thought the reasoning for it was stupid.

As for the other part, what's your point?
In post 464, DoctorEagle wrote:Ohh you did answer my question in post198
Wait, no you didnt, you just said "oh hey, glad you noticed"
In post 198, Brian Skies wrote:What's petty?
The guy gets attacked and the best thing he could come up with was "OMG WE'RE OUT OF RVS, TOWNREAD ME GUYS!" Even though his vote and the ensuing wagon contributed to us getting out of RVS, I didn't see any town-motivation behind his actions and posts. And him asking for towncred looks like scum pleading the town not to lynch him.

Also, I already had a vote on Ank. If he really wanted us out of RVS, he could have attacked me instead.
Pretty sure the reason I thought he was scummy has been pretty much outlined.
In post 464, DoctorEagle wrote:My response to you in 119 and this goes for IP as well is the fact that you've been calling Venrob scum (for the same thing you did, mind you) to the point that even him claiming he got us out of RVS was something useless yet you felt the need to comment on something so petty. Its bothersome. It just screams either
"tunnelvision"
or "more discrediting"
I tunneled. Do you think tunneling is more indicative of town or scum? Because I don't think it's alignment indicative at all. Players of both alignments do it.
In post 464, DoctorEagle wrote:And. I still cant get 238 in regards to Sakura. You "claim" to not like the wagon, and think she's scum as well? Its like youre dissociating yourself while claiming credit for thinking she's scum, thats soft.
Once again, I explained this to Pieguyn. It's not the wagon that I didn't like, it's how it started. And I've already outlined my thoughts regarding Sakura up to this point.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Prod received, I forgot to mention I wasn't going to be here today, but yeah not being here until tomorrow.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 458, Brian Skies wrote:Can you explain these slots' positioning on this list up to this point? The ones that stick out the most are VA and Pieguyn. Is there any particular reason why they were in their respective spots?
DE for overall null/leaning town gameplay. VA just because I think there was more than enough information to get rid of someone other than a lurker (btw. I'm calling bullshit on the infection, otherwise VA has had a load of infections in the last few months)

Ald was for already stated reasons, JacobSavage was because I wasn't sure abut him at all. Pieguyn was in as an absolute compromise. I thought he was town but I'd rather have a mislynch than a no lynch.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

In post 429, Alduskkel wrote:IP has this way of calling someone scummy and then second-guessing himself and putting off actually applying any pressure
yeah, I do this. *shrug*

re: Sakura, she seemed to be flailing a lot yesterday and I didn't like her vote reasoning(s). I remember her 133 sticking out to me and thinking she may be scum with pieguy, but then I looked again and she still could be scum even with town-pieguy. that was shitty reasoning in hindsight but it made sense at the time. the "I can buy Jacob-scum" switch once she hopped off whatever was the prior leading wagon (Ven?) was terrible. DE has some good points up there on this page, even though I have him marked as scummy.

on that note, I also don't like some of my support on this wagon. ETL, TNE... ehhhh. I still need to look into them; I've been having a busy past few days and have been putting this game off, sorry.

I still think lynching among [Brian, Eagle, Sakura, Ank, Jacob] is the best chance we have of hitting scum. Brian's a townread and we're not lynching Jacob. I'm not really thinking Ank is scum either. Between Sakura and Eagle, Sakura is the superior choice.

Aldusk, do you think the wagon yesterday was completely towndriven?
In post 464, DoctorEagle wrote:My response to you in 119 and this goes for IP as well is the fact that you've been calling Venrob scum (for the same thing you did, mind you) to the point that even him claiming he got us out of RVS was something useless yet you felt the need to comment on something so petty. Its bothersome. It just screams either "tunnelvision" or "more discrediting"
I'm confused
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@IP: I assume you mean the pieguy wagon. If it was completely towndriven then that means the scumteam is TNE, Hiraki, and ETL. Actually, that doesn't sound too crazy to me.

So, certainly I think it COULD have been completely towndriven. Or maybe all 3 scum were on it. I can't say at this point.

What I will say is that the amount of lurkers/prod dodgers in this game is ridiculous, and the current lurker on my hit list is TNE. We'll see how he reacts.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Why do you ask, by the way? And why do you ask me in particular?

Also, don't you think it's a problem to be so wishy-washy? (re: my 429)
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 469, Hiraki wrote:I thought he was town but I'd rather have a mislynch than a no lynch.
Really? Why? In that situation, I'd rather have a no lynch, and I expressed it as such.

For those of you who voted Pieguyn and had a townread on him, can you explain why you thought lynching him was better than a no lynch?

I'll go first. I didn't like the way the JS wagon was shaping up near day's end. I figured my vote was useless where it was and joined the Pieguyn wagon to watch which wagon (if any) would make it as a lynch. I actually wanted a no lynch, so seeing Pieguyn get lynched was a bit of a shock to me. Do I think there are town and town-motivations on the wagon? Yes, 100%. Because for whatever reason, people are greedy for that first lynch.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Prodding: JacobSavage & Ankamius

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Return to “Completed Open Games”