Dota 2 Thread: REBORN SOURCE 2 HYPETRAIN NOBRAKES

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:00 am

Post by BBmolla »

Evasion never stacked due to WC3 engine.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 am

Post by Staeg »

Oh, yeah, and by evasions there, I mean one instance of evasion and one instance of void's thingy/blind/uphill. Two evasions don't stack.
sa vrede?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Post by Natirasha »

In post 1025, BBmolla wrote:Evasion never stacked due to WC3 engine.
? I coulda swore that in DotA2 at least you could stack evasion, but it stacked multiplicatively so it wasn't usually efficient.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Nope.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Him, okay. I'm willing to be wrong.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 am

Post by BBmolla »

"Evasion does not stack. This includes both Hero Abilities and Item bonuses. Only the bonus with the highest probability will work. An exception to that rule is Faceless Void's Backtrack ability, as it is not considered Evasion. Evasion and Backtrack work independently and are subject to Chance Stacking.
Other miss chances stack diminishingly with evasion. This includes Blind and the base 25% chance for ranged heroes to miss while attacking uphill."
-Dota 2 wiki
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Redelphic »

Playing single draft has remarkably improved my gameplay, it's all I've been playing lately. It's helped me get so many new heroes I can play, forces me to learn in all situations instead of being an Admiral Bulldog lol. It is so much better than All Random which I hate because you don't have a bit of choice if you need supports/carries/counters. I always get screwed in all random >.<

I played a single draft and it was my first game with Bounty Hunter, other choices were terrible. Our Lycanthrope ended up Dc'ing at lvl 3 so it was a 4v5. Ended up going 23/2!

Track really shut down their Night Stalker and helped us farm.
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
Unmasked Kit
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Post by Unmasked Kit »

I like randoming in AP. :P

Fuck SD because if you get 3 heroes you can't play well or don't like or don't feel like playing, you don't even have random gold to neglect your disadvantage.
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Post by Redelphic »

Well AR could be 1 hero you can't play and a team that sucks together because you had no control. I have more fun and just think of it as a challenge, so I don't care about the extra gold. :P

AP is probably the best choice you're right, but only if you know what you are doing. I found myself continually picking Skywrath/Viper because I was too scared to branch out and I was playing them well. Since I'm new I don't really know everyone I can "play well" so I might change my view in the future but right now there is something about it I love. I have yet to get a bad hero or one that I couldn't figure out.

Actually, that's not true. I stupidly picked Morphling after seeing him played in pro and thinking he looked easy. Our team was terrible anyway, but that is one hero for the life of me I could not figure out. But, I chose him so it's my fault. ^^
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions." ~Leonardo da Vinci~
Unmasked Kit
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Unmasked Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Unmasked Kit »

Well that's why I random in AP, so that people will pick and fill in the wholes... most of the time. :P

I learned through AR because it forced me to learn.
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 am

Post by theaceofspades »

i just usually pick whatever guy bushwacked me in the last game. Even if I don't end up liking the hero I still learn how to avoid getting destroyed the next time
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:14 am

Post by Redelphic »

Heres an interesting question, what are the 3 worst heroes that you absolutely suck as? :lol: Or even if you just really dislike them or had a terrible game.

Mine would be:
Storm Spirit / Morphling / Timbersaw
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 am

Post by theaceofspades »

just 3? oh goodness.

I really really hated Axe only played one game and was so sick of him. I don't think I'll ever play invoker again.....just not interested in learning the hero.

I hated ogre magi a lot too.
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:23 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Huskar nerf is actually really noticeable and hurtful. :(

By level 11 you're looking at 15 less agility which costs you two armor and 15 base attack speed both of which are actually a severe hit to Huskar as suddenly he's that much easier to kill with physical damage and the 200+% AS steroid on Bezerkers blood means the 15 base attack speed lost is suddenly costing you aronnd 1500 gold worth of attack speed items.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Redelphic »

In post 1038, TheButtonmen wrote:Huskar nerf is actually really noticeable and hurtful. :(

By level 11 you're looking at 15 less agility which costs you two armor and 15 base attack speed both of which are actually a severe hit to Huskar as suddenly he's that much easier to kill with physical damage and the 200+% AS steroid on Bezerkers blood means the 15 base attack speed lost is suddenly costing you aronnd 1500 gold worth of attack speed items.
Huskar one of your main heroes and you are sad you aren't an ultimate tank anymore? :P
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:45 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

He can still tank fairly well, he's just not at good at Ring into a team and shredding their most fed hero.
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 am

Post by Redelphic »

Well you can watch the first game with changes when Empire play Power Rangers in a short time, it's streaming on Tobiwan's twitch if you wanna watch.

I'm interested in seeing the draft ^^
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

With the return of duo-lanes, lich sacrifice now giving allied heroes xp and frost armor now effecting ranged heroes fully I'm hoping to see more support Lich.
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 am

Post by Redelphic »

In post 1042, TheButtonmen wrote:With the return of duo-lanes, lich sacrifice now giving allied heroes xp and frost armor now effecting ranged heroes fully I'm hoping to see more support Lich.
Well Lich is playing in this game, but my computer is being a jerk and I had to restart :mad:
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Darox »

In post 1038, TheButtonmen wrote:Huskar nerf is actually really noticeable and hurtful. :(

You don't know how attack speed works.
15 agility gives the same IAS as +15% AS. 15 AS = 15% AS, they don't affect the BAT or base attack time of a hero.

Losing 15 attack speed is very noticable but it isn't having a exponential effect. Unlike Spirit Breaker who got his BAT nerfed.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:56 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1036, Redelphic wrote:Heres an interesting question, what are the 3 worst heroes that you absolutely suck as? :lol: Or even if you just really dislike them or had a terrible game.

Mine would be:
Storm Spirit / Morphling / Timbersaw
Meepo/Morph/Visage
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:53 am

Post by theaceofspades »

I just had a game that is THE reason to play dota (well last night)

almost 54 minutes. We had it won at 40 but they started playing really well, we got cocky and they beat us two teamfights in a row, we still had the advantage but just couldn't end it.

Then they beat us AGAIN. 4 of them pushing mid with only three of us alive and no buybacks. Our Dark Seer makes a brilliant play, with the enemy at the river he rushes to bottom lane, pushes it, destroys the remaining Rax and the TP's home just as there Alch ports home to fight off the massive creep wave.

3v3 at home. They feint and fight a bit. I spawn and kill one. Dark Seer vacuums them brilliantly and we take the other two out PUSH MID FOR THE WIN! Everyone in the game commends and friend requests criss cross both sides.
V/LA weekends
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Redelphic »

Who were you playing? :D
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:52 am

Post by theaceofspades »

Templar Assasin. Our team was, Huskar, Doom, Pugna, Dark Priest. and TA.

They had Alchemist, Bloodseeker, Lion, Shadow Shaman, and Mirana.

When I said "they got smart" i mean that they ALL started stunning me :P
V/LA weekends
Redelphic
Redelphic
Goon
Redelphic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Redelphic »

I've been in a bit of a slump lately, not winning many games.

I'm finding there is just no coordination between the team members. They never want to five man, they are always halfway across the map when we are trying to push mid or defend. Not to mention they always get caught out, or my personnel favourite; when you initiate and they continue to run back and leave you to die. >.<

Oh dota... it's a love hate relationship. It's not always like this and you do get good teams sometimes, but when you get those 55 minute games with people like this you just want to hit something afterward. :lol:

Return to “The Arcade”