Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Ripley »

IH wrote:
vote:Ripley

Your FACE sounds fishy!
Hmph!

That's a bit much, coming from someone who, I'm almost sure, once said their name was short for Infernal Herring.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Ripley »

Earwig wrote:
now a ranger wrote:.......Earwig has made some pretty pointless posts and seems really lurkerish at this point. Posts 26 and 29 are pretty random and useless. A little scummy?

As it's only two pages, that's about all I have to say as a newcomer.
FoS: Earwig
Most of the posts so far have been useless. Only now are they starting to get some substance.
I agree it was odd, now a ranger singling out Earwig like this when hardly anybody had said anything that wasn't random and useless. And look at the previous post, post 40:
Rosso Carne wrote:brewski and earwig have yet to actually really post an opinion, so im pretty for damn sure gonna bear down on someone soon.
... where Rosso Carne singles out both brewski and Earwig for not posting opinions. now a ranger, in his first post, seems to echo this for Earwig, though if he's read the game he would surely have seen how almost nothing of substance had been posted by anybody.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Ripley »

Earwig wrote:
IH wrote:.........Post 59:Earwig, just curious but.... whenever there was a little contention from a 3 person bandwagon, why did you unvote so quickly? He wasn't in danger of being lynched.....
In other games, if I had votes on me, I got nervous. I just thought brewski might feel the same, especially since he says he's a newbie. I was just trying to be considerate.
I didn't think I had a particularly brutal disposition, but unvoting out of consideration of a new player's possible anguish at being on lynch -4 seems a bit extreme.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:15 am

Post by Ripley »

Rosso Carne never got to lynch -2, did he? I can't find anywhere that he was at more than 4 votes (where he is now) and it's 7 to lynch.

I've seen a similar argument before( and it was between 2 pro-towns) to the one that's going on between RC and kilmenator. kilmenator's posts are wordy and, which can be perceived as scummy by people with a very different playstyle. They think something like "I could have said the entire content of that post in a sentence and a half, therefore it's filled out with fluff, therefore it's scum trying to look like they're posting lots of content". kilmenator is clearly a player who likes to think aloud, and while this may not be to everyone's taste I don't think it necessarily is an indicator of scumminess.

brewski, you made a couple of posts (89, 92) after Rosso Carne's vote on kilmenator (87) without saying anything about it at all. It wasn't until the next day, after IH and ac1983fan voted for Rosso, that you suddenly felt the urge to follow suit, and this is why I find it suspicious.
FOS brewski
for this.

But I can't quite bring myself to unvote my original choice, Caddock, when he's posted a total of 6 words, the last of which was 9 days ago.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Ripley »

Can we get a prod on Caddock please?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Ripley »

I'm in a newbie game with brewski as well, and he hasn't posted in either game for four days or so. So his non-posting probably isn't specifically related to this game.

I asked for a prod on Caddock a while back. I was under the impression that his account trouble was a pre-game issue, not something ongoing, though I could be wrong about that.

Other than that I admit this game had slipped off my radar a bit. I'll give it a reread shortly.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by Ripley »

Please can we have a vote count?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Ripley »

kilmenator wrote: 1. because now scum know you have some sort of power role, if in fact that you do have one
There's only one power role in this game, the cop.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Ripley »

Blackberry wrote:
unvote whoever, Vote: kilmenator

If kil isn't scum you can lynch me next. Something he/she said reaks of scummyness. I read something and instantly knew he/she was scum. I'll tell you what it is once I realize it, but trust me kilmenator is scum.
I think it's unreasonable to ask people to vote on the basis of an overwhelming scum tell that you're unable to provide. Are you saying you've forgotten what it was? Already this hugely scummy thing seems strangely unmemorable. And of course kilmenator is totally unable to defend herself.

One effect of a vote like this might be to send people scampering off to search through kilmenator's posts like a treasure hunt, to seek out the Golden Tell. JDodge already had a go, though I'm not impressed with what he came up with. If a few more people join the hunt, and produce similar material as evidence against kilmenator, it'll soon start to like like there's quite a case against her (all without Blackberry needing to say another word).

kilmenator has contributed such a large volume of words to this thread that it's relatively easy to find things you can twist or interpret as loosely scummy. I view this is a point in her favor, her posts almost read like thinking aloud at times, and this is not what you usually see from scum who are much more guarded about what they say.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Ripley »

Mod
: have you prodded Caddock? He's posted a total of 6 words, the last of which was on March 18th.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:58 am

Post by Ripley »

Which reminds me, I made a long post that got lost in the server move and in which I unvoted Caddock. So, for now:

Unvote Caddock/Machiavellian Mafia

I'll try to reconstruct the main points of the post later.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Ripley »

This post will be a mixture of things I remember saying in the post that got lost and some new thoughts.

There had just been another skirmish between Rosso and kilmenator (which was lost). I said that these were getting repetitive and I hadn't learned anything new or helpful from them for a while. I think it's quite possible both are town but have attracted a lot of votes because fo their high-profile posting, while the scum have been lying low and enjoying it.

I picked out a couple of people for comment. Earwig hadn't posted anything for two weeks. He's got busy again since the break (maybe because he saw my comment, who knows) but I agree with JDodge, he just seems to be posting to give the impression he's involved and to keep his post count up, rather than contributing useful content. (I remember there was something else about Earwig had bothered me earlier, so I just went back to look for it: he switched very rapidly from Confirm vote: brewski (Post 47) to Unvote: brewski (Post 59), all in the same RL day, which stuck in my mind because it was such a rapid turnaround.)

The other person I mentioned was ac1983fan, who hadn't at that time posted for around 10 days (and hasn't posted since) and whose few posts contain practically no content. I said I'd quite likely be voting for him unless he posted something useful soon. And since he hasn't, I'll join M_M and
Vote: ac1983fan.

All brewski's games that I know of followed the same pattern as this one, he attracted negative attention for his play and then dropped out.

The other thing I mentioned was Blackberry's "certain scum tell" on kilmenator:
Blackberry wrote:If kil isn't scum you can lynch me next. Something he/she said reaks of scummyness. I read something and instantly knew he/she was scum. I'll tell you what it is once I realize it, but trust me kilmenator is scum.
Blackberry, was this tell really what you said in post 168, that kilmenator had said players weren't posting enough content? Please clarify.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Tue May 01, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Ripley »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:I suggest either we lynch ac1983fan before the deadline or make deadline extension requests.
Agreed.

Mod:
would you consider a deadline extension, and if not what are your deadline lynch rules?

Also, thirding request for votecount.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Sat May 05, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Ripley »

This game is drifting dangerously close to a deadline, which I believe is tomorrow.

Mod
: please could we have the exact time of the deadline, and a new vote vount.

I think RC is on 5 votes and ac1983fan on 4. I believe no lynching is the worst option so I'd switch to voting RC if necessary, but I really prefer my current vote on ac1983fan.

Those not voting RC or ac1983fan are IH, Blackberry and RC. Blackberry hasn't posted since Apr 10th and should probably have been replaced. (So should al4xz, not posts from him since Apr 7th).

IH, you have FOS'ed ac1983fan, are you planning to upgrade that to a vote? There's not much point voting brewski in this situation.

Anybody else willing to consider switching?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #15) » Sun May 06, 2007 2:16 am

Post by Ripley »

Machiavellian-Mafia wrote:I would very much prefer an ac lynch right now, lynching Rosso is my a last resort option.
This is where I stand too, but at present It looks unlikely that we'll get enough votes to lynch him. The only people who've posted in the past 24 hours are the 4 of us voting ac already.

Unless there's any sudden flurry of action that might lead to ac getting lynched I'll switch my vote to RC a couple of hours before deadline.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #16) » Sun May 06, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Ripley »

I'll certainly second the request for mass prods and a deadline extension or suspension. It surely can't be right to be having a deadline when at least half the players are inactive. brewski is bound to need replacing, he's dropped out of his other games weeks ago, and almost certainly others will too. I would actually be in favor of a complete removal of the deadline while replacements are found for all those who don't respond to prods.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #17) » Sun May 06, 2007 9:16 am

Post by Ripley »

With 1 hr 45 mins to deadline aren't we just going to end up with a no lynch unless we get it extended?
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #18) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Ripley »

My thoughts on the people bothering me most:

IH: completely avoided this game in the days leading up to deadline, though he was active elsewhere, and certainly knew this game was deadlined since he mentioned it in his last post (Post 229) where he asks for a votecount. Left his vote on brewski where it was useless at deadline. I pointed this out to him in Post 254:
Ripley wrote:IH, you have FOS'ed ac1983fan, are you planning to upgrade that to a vote? There's not much point voting brewski in this situation.
... which he ignored. He did indeed FOS ac1983fan in his previous post; maybe this became awkward for him when acfan and RC were clearly going to be the only lynch candidates? This post promised that IH's thoughts on brewski, his own lynch candidate, would follow shortly, but we never heard another word about it. IH's posts in general were very brief and unhelpful.

al4xz: hasn't posted since 7th April. Weird turnaround from calling brewski "Scum. Wagoner, unexplained reasoning." (Post 143) to "brewski - Town, leaning towards neutral. " (Post 163, 1 RL day later.) Almost certainly needs replacing, no posts anywhere on the site since Apr 19th.

Blackberry: hasn't posted here since 10th April, though active elsewhere on the site. Told us he "instantly knew" kilmenator was scum on the basis of a cast iron scumtell which he couldn't at the time remember. Later said it was something to do with her saying other players weren't posting enough content. This whole thing fizzled out very rapidly.

Earwig: another one who did a rapid about turn on brewski, which I've already mentioned in detail in Post 207. Basically I have the same reservations about Earwig as I did then, nothing that happened around deadline changed my mind.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #19) » Thu May 17, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Ripley »

Isn't your opinion of Rosso Carne changed in any way now you know ac1983fan was scum?

ac1983fan put a quick third vote on RC in post 94 (by quick, I mean it was the very next post after the second vote). He then contributed virtually nothing for the rest of the day, only posting under pressure to say he was happy with his vote, had nothing more to say, etc etc.
IH wrote:Here here here, I need to reread.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. It's been more than a month since you posted anything remotely useful in this game.

Any news of the absent players? It looks very much as if Blackberry and al4xz will need replacing.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #20) » Sun May 20, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Ripley »

IH wrote:What I want to know is why Ripley's vote stayed on Caddock the whole game until the 8th page.
It was an original random vote which I left in place when Caddock failed to post, and removed when it became apparent he'd left the game (in a long post I made that got lost in the server crash). I reunvoted when I remembered this (Post 195). Why is this surprising to you anyway? My vote doesn't often move about much.

I'll look at the rest of your post in detail later.
JDodge wrote:
IH wrote:JD also tried to save Acfan who had JUST claimed scum without asking for a deadline extension. In other words, giving the scum a free nightkill.
You do realize I asked for no extension because ac had a majority, and there was no chance of him not being lynched at deadline at the time I said it?
I did not agree at the time that he had a majority and I still don't see it now. With 12 players, surely 7 was the total required for a majority? ac1983fan was on 4 votes at the top-of-page votecount:

ac1983fan - 4 (Machiavellian-Mafia, Ripley, JDodge, spectrumvoid)

and there were no further votes until his self-vote, making a total of 5. There were again no further votes till you retracted the request for a deadline extension. I queried this, saying we were headed for a no-lynch, and you replied, no, we had a majority unless it was "interpreted oddly". I still didn't agree, but you sounded so conifdent that by now I wasn't sure whether I had somehow misunderstood "majority" or whether you had miscounted, or what the heck was going on.

I didn't really consider deliberate foul play by JDodge at the time, I was more concerned with the approaching deadline and the apparent hopelessness of getting more votes in time (the active people being the ones who were voting ac1983fan anyway, on the whole). Nobody else ever commented on it until IH just now, so once I saw ac1983fan was actually lynched I forgot all about it.

Mod
: are we getting replacements for al4xy and Blackberry? This game is barely moving.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Ripley »

spectrumvoid wrote:I've been thinking... at the rate this game is going... should we abandon and restart?
I can't see the point of trying to find two new players - and it may well need more than two by now - to join a game as dead as this one. I'd be happy to abandon it.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:31 am

Post by Ripley »

I had completely forgotten about this game. The last time I looked at it there was talk of abandoning it and, especially since al4xz had not been replaced, I guess I assumed that was going to happen.

As far as I can see he still hasn't been replaced and a lot of people aren't posting. I've now forgotten what happened Day 1 as well so would need to reread the whole game thoroughly from scratch. I'll do this if all the other players are definitely carrying on or else replaced. If not, it's just too much time to invest in a game that's likely to be drifting towards abandonment.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”