Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Been playing warrior a lot, tag is Gamma #1599
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

Post by Gammagooey »

no

also im playing against people with ragnaros the firelord every now and again in ranked and im pretty sure it has never randomly hit anything except my face for 8 damage every single turn it's been out
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #168 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

godamn arena is dicks sometimes

played against 2 mages so got to deal with a bunch of good creatures and flamestrike and fireballs and oh of course a big game hunter for when i try to stabilize with an 8/8 taunt dude since you can already kill everything else easily already

auugh
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4148 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4219 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

speaking of the rogue quest

I opened my three free packs and then got that in an arena pack from my last bit of gold, and then spent pretty much all the dust I had from the year switch/classic cards going to wild to make the rest of the deck (I don't have a second Preparation/Patches/swashbucklers in mine but everything else seems pretty solid, I'm using the 2 mana murlocs that summon a 1/1 taunt minion instead since they're great for bouncing)

so i'm probably gonna play this for like a week or two, get further into ladder than i ever have, and then stop playing for another year when it eventually gets nerfed
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4222 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

uuuugh i'm not going to win a lot of these mirror matches without patches am i

gross
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4229 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I played a few hours a day for most of a week to do all the quests and finally get enough gold to unlock the next wing of kara for swashburgler and then did the wing in like 30 minutes last night

there's still class challenges and theoretically heroic mode to go through if I want (the big bad wolf one should be easy with rogue-quest) but man I wish it felt like there was more actual game for the amount of time you have to grind to unlock a wing
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4250 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

If you get lucky and paired against people who are a reasonable match for what you picked it can be decent given the extra class cards can give you an out against a particular strat (shaman especially can get you any of lightning storm/bloodlust/windfury/discover an overload creature)

I just used lightning bolt and won 2/4, better options that got played against me included the mage elemental card that gives you a steam geyser and the murloc that gets +1 attack for each other murloc played
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4275 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:08 am

Post by Gammagooey »

i opened the priest legendary that puts my opponent's deck into my deck

is there any possible plan I could make of using him in a useful way that doesn't involve planning to stall so long that my opponent dies of fatigue
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4286 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So my final legendary pulls until the next wing comes out with free packz is the Hunter deathknight from the prologue, Rotface, and 'i heard you liek decks'

Rotface is fine but I either screwed up my original berserker warrior deck a bit when I was remaking it for the first two icecrown wings or it's just not as good with the other new cards around

I have a really sweet arena pally deck atm though, once got a mountain giant t5, spikeridgesteed on it t6 and then a taunt minion and desperate stand on the giant to keep it alive even longer, grimestreet protector is really good too. currently 7-1 and the biggest arena runs I had before were two 5-wins.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4291 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4288, Errantparabola wrote: Aside from that, I tried mill warlock. Basically what happens is either you lose or you manage to give them a howlfiend then defile the entire board, they discard their whole hand, and they concede.
I had a warlock get that as his random summon with the 'deal 2 damage if it dies summon a random demon' card when i was playing berserker warrior, and then he didn't kill it against my minion after I hit it once

discarding the rest of his hand (including a doomguard) felt reeeeeeeal good
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4321 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Gammagooey »

DeathNote wrote:Loved it. I also just love how emotional and touching all the stuff can be with Blizzard like the Mei thing. I'm all about the cheese.

I can't beat the Lich King. I tried looking up lists to help me but they all include cards I just don't have. Might not be possible to beat him budget wise without some crazy good draws.
I beat it with Priest after a lottt of tries and I'm not trying with any other class, priest doesn't have any turn 1 "lol im the lich king deal with this" bullshit because it could theoretically be stolen with mind vision otherwise (and I accidentally did that once), priest has the best board wipe for frostmourne (shadow word:horror, I'm pretty sure I could have beaten it in half the time if I actually had a second instead of playing with only one), so the only huge issue is playing around Obliterate and surviving until you can get one huge-health minion and inner fire it and then hopefully swing it into his face two turns straight to win.
Panzerjager wrote:Lol this tavern brawl is the worst, but I got my pack and challenge done in like 15 minutes.

Druid op. Draw spells buff spells attack spells and the charge boar otk. It's dumb but it's a free pack and free 60 if you have the challenge.
Yeah its pretty fast at least for the pack, I beat a spellpower mage with what I think was a pretty bad/mediocre low-cost rogue deck because he ran out of cards (it was like 80% quest rogue except without the quest since I dusted that once it got nerfed)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4511 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Opened about 10 packs from spending a bit of gold and the free ones

my legendaries are the priest dragon that gives your opponent two turns then you two turns and king togwaggle :[ (and twig of the world tree for the free leg. weapon when I have no ultimate infestations)

Benevelont Djinn seems like it fits pretty well into my aggressive buff-paladin deck at least I guess

dungeon runs are fun too but I really wish they counted towards quests, they dont even count towards the 'Play X class cards' ones.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4528 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I've only beaten it with warrior and pally so far - pally I got justicar ring and a bunch of the silver hand cards (adapt silver hand, give +1 attack, the new 5 mana card that gives all silver hands +2/+2 and taunt) and that pretty much carried it for me with some other aggro cards

warrior I just beat yesterday with some beserker cards (esp. an extra blood razor) + king mosh +rotface +a bunch of dragons cards including two deathwing dragonlords and the 5+ mana minions cost 5 treasure, and I got the 1 mana bag that fills your hand eventually. warrior more than any other class I think you can stall a little longer with your hero power+ a few taunts to make the 5+ mana treasure just win you the game, and having a Brawl to start means you can save yourself from the Master of Evolution/Wax copies bosses if they start getting out of control.

Has anyone seen+beaten the Trapped Room yet? I got it once and basically immediately played into several secrets since I had the extra mana crystal treasure and got stomped on, I think the strat for that is to wait until turn 4/5 (or maybe even later) to play anything if you can so you can deal with the inevitable 3/3s that'll come after.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4759 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

^

most of the good 'gimmicks' tend to be pretty straight-forward synergy type things anyway, the best (though still not very good) deck I played off and on for like a year when I first started was basically 'minions that get stronger when things get damaged' warrior deck plus whirlwinds/inner rage/etc, inner fire priest is a little similar except it can be a lot more competitive since you can potentially just one-hit them to death without giving them time to wipe out your huge minion. If you decide to keep playing it I'd probably craft shadow visions when you get some spare dust, since it can let you find the divine spirits/inner fires in your deck a lot easier.

imo just find some cards you like to play and swap out some stuff that you think would be better against the decks you're playing against (oozes if you see a lot of people with weapons, silences if there are a lot of taunts/minions that get buffed, some 5 attack minions if you see a lot of minions with 5 health, etc). Except maybe ignore changing the deck around to beat the voidlord warlock because fuck that deck and 99% of newbie decks aren't going to have a chance of beating it anyway unless you're being super super aggressive or can basically one-hit them to death before turn 7 or so.

Also, in the first 10 packs of every set you're guaranteed a legendary (orange) card, so once you open enough witchwood ones to get that you might want to open a few lich king packs ones until you get a legendary there too, a lot of the legendaries in there are hero cards that are really fun to play with.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4766 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So I just played a game of the random brawl with yogg pulling out noggenfogger on my end and missing his face with yogg+mayor while dodging lethal rag shots from the other end for 3 turns with him at 2 hp, and then he pulls a flame leviathan from his deck to kill himself.

10/10 would play again
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4769 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4768, Klick wrote:MY JAWS THAT BITE
MY CLAWS THAT CATCH
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4792 (isolation #17) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4789, Klick wrote:are you all ready for this because this is going to be the most memey deck you've ever seen (in standard at least)

TOGLOCK

I've heard a little bit about a combo going around in Wild for Druid that gets to fatigue and then steals people's decks. I wanted to recreate that in Standard, and I found that Warlock can actually pull it off.

The whole idea is that you reach fatigue as soon as possible while playing what's otherwise regular Control Warlock. This can be sped up significantly with Hemet, Jungle Hunter. Once you're out of cards, you play the following cards in order to make a (10)-mana combo:

- Summoning Portal, Summoning Portal, Faceless Manipulator: minions now cost (6) less
- King Togwaggle: swap decks with your opponent
- Azalina Soulthief: replace your hand with a copy of your opponent's hand

This leaves your opponent in fatigue and you with all of their resources. If they try to swap the decks again, you just swap them right back. Prince Taldaram is in the deck too to make the combo even cheaper when he manages to make his way into your final hand, and also to allow for flexibility (if you want to use Faceless on a Voidlord or something).

I've pushed from Rank 5 to almost Rank 3 with it so far. Going to be trying to push further tomorrow night. The deck performs extremely well against any type of control deck (Cubelock, Control Priest, Quest Warrior, Big Spell Mage, Taunt Druid, jaws that bite and claws that catch). Here's the list if anyone's interested (though obviously don't craft Togwaggle or Hemet unless you already have them or have a lot of dust):

### Toglock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Curse of Weakness
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 1x (3) Prince Taldaram
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Summoning Portal
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 2x (5) Possessed Lackey
# 1x (6) Hemet, Jungle Hunter
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Azalina Soulthief
# 1x (8) King Togwaggle
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GCpME7QW2B8wInccCl9MCneIC/esCmu4Cw/MCCooB2wbJB8QI58sC8tAC+NAC/OUC6uYC6OcCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
that looks fantastic and I have togwaggle but I'd still need to craft Azalina and like...most of a control lock deck :(
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4817 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm liking the arena event a ton (first ticket is free btw)

Shaman and mage have REALLY good event cards (master of realities & cavern dreamer) and I've gotten to play shaman twice over 4 runs, first was the day it opened and I went 11-3 with the first 9 wins all being in a row, current (4th) run I'm 6-0 with it so far after grabbing an air elemental and two stoneforged axes to make sure I could kill all of mage's cavern dreamers and went 3-0 over 3 mages to start with, and it's got two master of realities and as many token generators as I could get so I like my chances against pretty much everything except a ton of AoE.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4848 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I got the $50 prerelease thing

first time I've actually spent more than like $7 on the game ever but I reeally want to fuck around with mech decks and hopefully warrior/mage in particular, I'm probably disenchanting a legendary to get Dr. Boom and Stargazer Luna looks super cool to play with too. Would also be p. happy with a pally deck that wasn't odd paladin, I've got Tirion+Sunkeeper+Pally death knight already and I'd love a deck that I could throw all of them into
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4853 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

no druid

i am druid now

PACK STATS
opened 54 packs total

Dr 7s: 7 copies of Cosmic Anomoly, Cloning Device, Menancing Nimbus (+an 8th that's gold)
it really does replicate: 3 copies of replicating menace+a golden copy
epic consistency: two copies of omega defender, no other 2 of epics
leeeegendary: golden was The Boomship so I'll probably try out recruit warrior (already have WoeCleaver, might need to finally bother crafting lich king or some charged devilsaurs though)
Zerek, Master Cloner
Electra Stormsurge + The Stormbringer for memes
Harbringer Celestia (boooo)

695 dust from dups
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4860 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:02 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Opened Luna's Pocket Galaxy with some packs from an arena win and made something that finally feels like it has enough defense in it to use it well

-Giggling Inventor is the best anti-aggro card for this type of deck I think and I'd keep it against anything I felt could be aggro
-Using research project on 2 to draw elementals to play turns 3-5 feels great every time it works and like a pile of garbage every time it doesn't, but it's def. worth it if you already have a mountain giant in hand
-I took out one frostbolt since doomsayer+tar creeper are usually good enough to stop really early aggression, and later-game meteor is just a better frostbolt for this type of deck. I should probably just have either 2 glyphs or 2 frostbolts instead of 1 of each but I'm not sure which to take out. A 2nd meteor is maybe a good choice too but I ran out of dust to craft another one unless I give up the ability to snap craft one lengendary sometime soon
-raven's familiar has actually been pretty fine even against aggro - zoolock has several one-cost spells, rogue has backstab/evis/cold blood you can usually beat, it does seem bad against odd pally but I haven't seen too many recently (if you do see a lot of odd pally probably add a polymorph in to replace the meteor too, the mech-egg+magnetic with the risk of it getting Kangor'd back later is pretty enormous)
-Omega Defender doesn't feel exactly right but I wanted another taunt with more than one attack, it's kind of just an imaginary third tar creeper that can actually be really good if you survive to lategame and you're just slamming an elemental+it down on a turn

### Galaxy Mage
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (2) Raven Familiar
# 2x (2) Research Project
# 1x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Nightmare Amalgam
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 1x (4) Omega Defender
# 2x (4) Steam Surger
# 2x (5) Bonfire Elemental
# 2x (5) Giggling Inventor
# 2x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Meteor
# 1x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (7) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAECAf0ECMUE5gSWBZjEApbHAsjHAsb4Avz6AguKAbsCyQPhB8LBAsrDAtXhAs7yAuL4ArT8At6CAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4862 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

free mountain giants+basically free bonfires/blazecaller/alex to tempo out and win once you draw a research project

theoretically you can OTK people if you haven't drawn Alex yet if you alex+sorcerer's apprentice+fireball+fireball+frostbolt

buuut that's basically never going to happen against someone with a decent deck unless they're mecha'thun or something
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4879 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:19 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'll join in too
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4888 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

ayyy got to rank 5 for the first time

odd rogue is still p. good
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4899 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

oh yeah, if you want some free dust for next expansion (releasing tomorrow i think?) craft any of baku/genn or any specific odd/even cards (black cat, glitter moth, that shaman spark eel, gloom stag, black cat) since they're being rotated to the hall of fame and you'll get a dust refund from them and can disenchant them afterwards too (only craft them until you have 1 of baku/genn and 2 of the rest since you only get refunded the amount that could potentially go in a deck)

i made a 2nd glitter moth and then managed to win 3 games, the first of which being "odd priest except i forgot to take out several even cards when making the deck" and the last two being a generic odd priest deck with ysera in it

so being at rank 20/19 isn't all bad
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4931 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I tried to make a half-assed menagerie warrior deck since I opened the legendary that draws a mech+pirate+dragon, but even after crafting one-ofs of a few things it seems like I'd still need at least 2 more epics and a legendary (2nd copy of baton+tent trasher+Ancharr) to make it actually work and I don't want to spend that much dust on it : /

Did get C'Thun and already had stowaways so I put together a pretty decent but not amazing C'Thun rogue and got from Silver 4 to Plat 10 with it (though I did have bonus stars all the way through). I'm trying out a mage C'Thun deck now that I suspect is slightly worse but is a lot more interactive and fun to play, tho tbh I might just stick to Duels for the most part now that I hit Plat b/c Duels are great and standard much less so.
I am a little irked that the new hero powers/treasures for Duels need a certain amount of epics from a given set for some of them since it means you probably have to go out of your way to craft them JUST for that, but the standard hero powers are generally good enough that I'm happy to roll with them for now (though the starting priest and warlock treasures are kinda disappointing)

Return to “The Arcade”