Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Battousai »

In post 10, Umbrage wrote:
In post 6, tanstalas wrote:Should I buy an xb1. My only concern is how far my consoles are from my screen. Anyone know how long kinect cords are?
why would you want one?

serious question - I have yet to hear one semi-good reason to buy an xbone from anyone
Exclusives
Kinect voice controls
Kinect motion gaming
Multi-Tasking OS
HDMI Passthrough

Though, PS4 for me as I don't care about any of that. Microsoft doesn't have any pure exclusives that I'm interested in.

On another note, just read about Shadows of Mordor, and it sounds impressive. Just hope it isn't just being overly hyped.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Battousai »

Titanfall is just another shooter, but with mechs. It doesn't even have a story, it's pure multiplayer.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:02 am

Post by Battousai »

They said they'd have plenty in time for holidays, but they also said that they'd be restocking retailers Monday and that didn't happen.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Battousai »

ESO beta this weekend, and I'll actually be able to play. Anyone else getting in?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:27 am

Post by Battousai »

The stores I called said they never received them, that Sony said they'd get there when they get there basically.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Post by Battousai »

Started playing Elder Scrolls Online tonight. Pretty decent story, but it's glitchy as all hell still. Plus, there doesn't seem to be a cooldown with abilities, they just use magic or adrenaline.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Battousai »

But this is supposed to be a mmorpg, which means races and focuses should be balanced. I guess I'm just accustomed to cooldown with mmorpgs, as that is one of the main ways of controlling the balances.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Post by Battousai »

In post 74, Zachrulez wrote:So we're considering the Wii U. (While we wait to actually be possible to purchase a PS4.) Does it even come close to being worth the money?
I don't see the difference between the Wii U and the Wii that would justify $200 higher price point except that awful controller.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Battousai »

Get origins on sale now. All the DLC for past games were skins, handful of riddler trophies, and the whole cage fights/predator thingy that I never got into.

Well, I gave my friend money to pick up a PS4 and/or a Xbox One and The Last of US at Walmart today, since I worked. After I got off (around 11:30p), I dropped by Walmart to scavenge. Got the last Xbox One and the last The Last of Us in stock. Got home, and apparently my friend bought me the exact same thing. So it looks like I got 2 Xbox Ones to sell and a copy of The Last of Us. This should cover the cost of the PS4.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Battousai »

In post 122, tanstalas wrote:
In post 121, bv310 wrote:
In post 120, tanstalas wrote:
In post 118, bv310 wrote:Infinite rules, but it's shorter than it could have been
Play on hard, makes it last longer... though I had to drop down to normal for 2 fights, I'm sure you can remember which 2...
In post 117, Untrod Tripod wrote:finally picked up bioshock infinite

I'm stoked.
I loved it, have fun!
Ghost-bitch and the airship?
Ghost bitch twice. Airship was easy
Exact opposite for me.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Battousai »

Definitely play it if you like the story of inside the machine (outside is just, yeah..).
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Battousai »

Spoiler: From the POV of someone who liked the story
Haytham is against freedom, and wants the Templars to have complete control over the colonies/the world under a fake government headed by the man, Lee, who personally led the attack on Conner's village (and is an all around asshole). Conner tries to kill Lee, but gets attacked by Haytham. Haytham fights to the death with Conner in order to defend his conviction, same with Conner. Conner didn't want to kill his father, but he knew he had to in order to protect his people, and later, to protect the colonies. If Haytham only gave in, gave up his convictions, he would have been spared.

Which is why I liked his death speech, "Don't think I have any intention of caressing your cheek and saying I was wrong. I will not weep and wonder what might have been. I'm sure you understand. Still, I'm proud of you in a way. You have shown great conviction. Strength. Courage. All noble qualities... I should have killed you long ago."

They are both very similar, both strong, courageous, and have great conviction. The only difference is Haytham believed in order that came from a controlled society over the chaos of freedom, whereas Connor believed that everyone should be free, and that no one should have control over another.

I really like the story. It had a lot of murkiness when it comes to right and wrong, ends justifying the means and what have you. Both sides of the Revolution were wrong to the Native Americans, both sides enslaved and tried to control others. Conner and his tribe also were stuck between preemptive action to defend themselves, but not being able to withstand a counterattack (thus stuck between action and inaction). Connor was betrayed, and misled many times; but he still kept fighting for his cause, because he knew it was right. He knew he had to push forward and protect his people and everyone else who's freedom was at risk.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:46 am

Post by Battousai »

gog.com has 3 free games right now if you can get on to the site. Fallout 1, 2, and tactics. Deal expires in 1 day.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:38 am

Post by Battousai »

In post 267, Zachrulez wrote:So we have a PS4 that's supposed to be coming on Tuesday. Now we just need to figure out what games we want for it.
Nothing good, unless you like killzone or racing games, til next year.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Battousai »

Just beat The Last of Us... kind of disappointed. So much hype for this game and I just didn't get it. The ending also wasn't that good.
I get that they were going for a moral dilemma, save the girl or save humanity, but it would have been so much better if they changed the part where he's driving off with Ellie. When she asks him the if what he said was the truth about the Fireflies and they show how he escaped, instead of escaping that whole thing was his last thoughts, as Marlene shoots him and he watches her take Ellie back into the hospital
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Battousai »

You won't come off thinking your character is a selfish asshole, for one. Or at least if you do, he's dead so screw him.

And this game it doesn't feel like you are Joel. It feels more like a movie of sorts, at least it did to me.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by Battousai »

If Ellie died, pretty sure Joel would have killed himself. Losing his daughter once pushed him to the edge, losing her again, albeit with a simile, would kill him.

He did it just for that reason, he needed someone to keep him going.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Post by Battousai »

Anyone here play Assassin's Creed Black Flag on the PS4? I got a PS4 and the PS3 version of the game, but not sure if it's worth the $10 upgrade.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #18) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Post by Battousai »

In post 317, tanstalas wrote:
In post 316, Battousai wrote:Anyone here play Assassin's Creed Black Flag on the PS4? I got a PS4 and the PS3 version of the game, but not sure if it's worth the $10 upgrade.
The gameplay is the same, the PS4 version has upgraded graphics, bushes move as you sneak through, water looks better, rocks you dont see in water you crash into on ps3 can be seen in ps4 version, foilage moves more realistically, etc

Tons of comparisons on youtube
All the youtube videos make it look like the same thing to me, except that people say in the comments that the differences are much more noticeable in person.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #19) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:39 am

Post by Battousai »

It seems Xbox is not doing as well, always seems to be in stock. Of course, they could just have more product.

But it seems whatever the case, those who tried to make a profit on them were no longer able to after a couple of weeks. Microsoft and Sony both seemed ready this time around with plenty of product ready to go.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Battousai »

I was just hoping there'd be a mistake like last console launches and I could get at least some profit from buying and reselling the consoles. I sold my ps4 from launch for $100 profit, but the 2 xbox ones from black friday aren't selling for 580 ($45 profit) and it looks like I'll have to return them.

I was planning on selling them on eBay, but I forgot that eBay has a 10% final price fee, meaning I'd have to sell them for at least 600 to break even.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:12 am

Post by Battousai »

It also looks like 80% of xbox one buyers are coming from xbox 360s, while 60% of PS4 are coming from PS3 owners. Looks like the $100 price difference is a huge obstacle for Microsoft. I believe within the next year there will be a xbox one bundle without kinect.

Return to “The Arcade”