Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

WHOA
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Super Mario 3D World has drawn a ton of comparisons to Mario 3.

Also I really really loved Super Mario Galaxy but didn't like the "New Super Mario Bros" series.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Picked up Pushmo today for the 3DS from the eShop. Really fun puzzle game, legitimately mindbending at points.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #130 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 119, InflatablePie wrote:
In post 115, bv310 wrote:So I'm debating buying a 2/3DS for my commutes, which are getting progressively more tedious. Besides Fire Emblem, what games should I be looking at picking up?
Don't have a 3DS either, so I second this question.
Games I Own That I'd Recommend

New Zelda is pretty damn good, but really short. There's a Hero mode to do and a bunch of things to find/collect and you can upgrade your weapons I guess, but it runs out of steam after that.

Pushmo is a little eShop puzzle game that is really fun and actually pretty damn challenging. I think it's like $5.

Kid Icarus is really fun once you get used to the wonky controls.

Pokemon X/Y are easily the best games in the series IMO and well worth a purchase.

Super Mario 3D Land is a damn good Mario game, although it's also a bit "short" if you want to say that. The levels are little five minute blasts so it's fun to go back through and collect all the big coin stars or try to beat your best time, but that's about it.

Animal Crossing is fun to pop in every day for about ten minutes or fifteen minutes. Kinda peaceful, really.

I picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D during Black Friday and it's super good, but literally no different from the Wii version. If you haven't played the Wii version, definitely pick it up.

Games I Don't Own

Supposedly, the new Fire Emblem is fantastic. Also heard really good things about Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and also heard the multiplayer is fun. Also Shin Megami Tensei IV is out and got pretty good reviews if that kind of RPG is your thing. There are a lot of free demos you can fuck around with if you just want to try stuff out. For example, I considered purchasing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but I played the demo and absolutely hated it.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've never beaten the flagship in FTL. I feel like I'm a failure.

Also... anyone here play A Link Between Worlds yet? I really liked it but damn it went by fast. I feel like it's
maybe
a ten hour game, probably more like six. No dungeon took me longer than 30-45mins to beat, and there are only ten of them.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #134 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've never beaten the flagship in FTL. I feel like I'm a failure.

Also... anyone here play A Link Between Worlds yet? I really liked it but damn it went by fast. I feel like it's
maybe
a ten hour game, probably more like six. No dungeon took me longer than 30-45mins to beat, and there are only ten of them.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #139 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 136, Parama wrote:
In post 130, xRECKONERx wrote:Super Mario 3D Land is a damn good Mario game, although it's also a bit "short" if you want to say that. The levels are little five minute blasts so it's fun to go back through and collect all the big coin stars or try to beat your best time, but that's about it.
I really did not enjoy this game much. It felt like galaxy without any of the parts that made galaxy interesting.
Felt a lot like SMB3 to me with the pacing and the level variety. I'll admit some of the levels felt derivative but there seemed to always be enough variety between them that each one felt like a brand new experience. The design & setting of each level was unique.
In post 137, Untrod Tripod wrote:so I'm getting to the end of bioshock infinite and holy bejeezus is it getting stuck up its own ass
Oh. Get ready. My god, get ready. DA TWEEST.

---

Should I play AC3? I played 1, 2, Brotherhood, (maybe) Revelations... I want to keep playing because I find the story intriguing but I heard such bad things about AC3... is there just a story summary online I could watch, or is it worth playing?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #145 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Just finished The Wolf Among Us, Episode 1.

Holy shit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Holy shit "I like this more than TWD" good.

It's the same basic format, I guess, with the quick response conversation choices and the point-and-click style of exploration/investigation, but there's a few key differences:

- The setting is great. The neo-noir style really works with Telltale's art style, and I found myself just gaping at the beauty of the backdrops in some scenes. I don't feel like I ever really did this with the Walking Dead because it's set in the "real" current world, so staring at forests and houses just wasn't very great. From the moment the game started, I felt like 1980's New York was a disgusting place.

- The gameplay has been streamlined. This is a much leaner beast than TWD... there are no awkward pseudo-puzzles to worry about navigating with the clunky controls (IE the "dislodge the train car" bit from TWD). Instead, we get seamless transition between basic storytelling and mini-"investigations". They kinda reminded me of LA Noire's style of investigations, only less meaty. You examine stuff in the room, which allows you to open up conversation options later that can catch someone in a lie. The difference between "You're hiding something!" and "But you said __________..." can mean solving the crime or not.

- Having no experience with the source material or anything, I was floored by how much I love the "fairy tale characters in modern times" angle. I remember hate-watching Once Upon A Time because it was cool to be introduced to a character and try to figure out which storybook character they were. It's the same idea here, but the gritty realism really makes it, strangely, feel believable. I never thought it'd work, but it very much so does.

- Following Bigby Wolf is a lot different than following Lee Everett from TWD. Everything you did as Lee was totally influenced by another character (Clem), but in this game, Bigby is only driven by what you, the player, decide drives him. I found myself staring at the first set of conversation options and really wondering what kind of guy he was. Gradually, my responses became easier and by the end of episode one, I had developed Bigby as the character I wanted him to be, and the game reacted beautifully to it. He's a blank slate, unlike Lee, which allows for some rewarding character development that is almost solely driven by the player.

That being said, I'm reading conflicting reports on whether to read the source material first or play the game. The game is set twenty years before the comics, supposedly, and I saw people lamenting the fact that they looked up more info on the source material and were immediately spoiled as a result. I've also seen people who love the source material saying they loved the first episode, but consensus seems to be lacking. Looks like a Game of Thrones situation -- will you enjoy the show more if you read the books first, or will it dilute the experience?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I trust the hell out of Telltale Games when it comes to source material.

(Also, holy shit, they're working on a Game of Thrones game next.)
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #155 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 153, bv310 wrote:
In post 152, xRECKONERx wrote:I trust the hell out of Telltale Games when it comes to source material.

(Also, holy shit, they're working on a Game of Thrones game next.)
Wait, seriously? That's fucking awesome! Fingers crossed for Robert's Rebellion.
Yeah. I'm pretty excited about it. I assumed it would be right after Robert's Rebellion, but then again, Telltale likes to do original stories within established worlds, so it might be something completely different or a time period we know very little about.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #176 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

TWD S2 is supposed to come out this month. I could see them alternating monthly releases between TWD & TWAU
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #186 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 182, zoraster wrote:also, can anyone explain to me what the appeal of gary's mod is?
Massive Source sandbox where you can build contraptions with gears and levers and basically play around with physics.

Also mods for garry's mod where you can play custom gamemodes.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #194 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 189, tanstalas wrote:The Wolf Among Us:

Choices I made:

Spoiler:
Gave Faith money
Defended Snow to Crane
Went to Toad's first
Did not prevent the Prince's death (Did you have to go there first?)
Grabbed Huntsman
Same choices as me. I think the last one is the only one I was really conflicted about in the moment.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #197 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 196, mikeburnfire wrote:Strange. I went for
Dee instead of the Huntsman, and I'm legitimately surprised more people didn't. I really don't think Huntsman is guilty nor does he have any useful information
For some reason I thought it was a life or death matter because it looked like
Dee was about to impale himself on something
. Had I known it was for info I wouldn't have made the same choice.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #200 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wow, that's just a fucking theory? That feels like I read a full on spoiler. Very well done, I thought I noticed him a couple of times but I missed a few.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #209 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 202, BBmolla wrote:
Also fairly certain there's a bug where it says the gun hasn't been shot for a week when it clearly has been.
Yeah, Bigby DEFINITELY makes a comment that
the gun hasn't been fired in a long time
but according to Dee
he watched Lawrence kill himself with it..
so...
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #243 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yep.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #247 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah the whole fucking thing was cringeworthy. Joel McHale saved it best he could.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #305 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

TWD S2 E1:

God damn you, TTG, making me form a relationship with this mangy mutt then fucking kill it. I just teared up and I've only been playing for like half an hour.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #306 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

My TWD S2 E1 choices:

Spoiler:
Saved Christa
Killed the dog
Gave water to the dying man (when was this?)
Accepted Nick's apology
Chose to save Nick over Pete
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #308 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Huh...? What are you talking about?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #310 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 309, Hiraki wrote:
In post 308, xRECKONERx wrote:Huh...? What are you talking about?
Did you know that he was bit? Did you see the zombie bite Pete?
Uh, yes, and yes... which is why
I saved Nick
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #312 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

doge
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #327 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 315, Sudo_Nym wrote:
Spoiler:
It can't possibly be Lee, since his death is guaranteed. Kenny's death is heavily implied but not shown, and more to the point, his heroic death is the climax of his character arc. Kenny's return would be unlikely and disappointing. Vernon and the group seem unlikely, since the only ones of the group with any significant screentime were Vernon and Bree; Bree's dead, and Vernon escaped in the boat, so Clem's "I thought you were dead" comment would make no sense. Molly would be possible, and I'd like to see more of her character, but again, she left in a safe situation, so there's no reason for Clem to say "I thought you were dead" to her. Of the rest of the old group, Duck, Katja, Larry, Chuck, Ben, Carla, and Doug are all unambiguously dead. That leaves Omid, Christa, and Lily as the only characters from Clem's past she has reason to believe are dead. It would be odd to see Omid return, since his death opens the chapter, and there's a 16 month time skip between the intro and the start of actual gameplay, so it would be weird for Omid to suffer an almost certainly fatal gunshot, then show up 16 months later.

So my money would be on Christa or Lily. Christa would make sense, since she seems to be involved in the story, and her fate was ambiguous, since all we see is her run off- Clem could legitimately believe that she died, but that she actually found this new group. Lily would also make sense, she escapes alive no matter what you do, but in a situation where death seems certain.
Yeah, I'm about 99% sure it has to be
Lilly, because Omid was pretty fucking dead; Kenny fell OFF OF A GODDAMN BUILDING INTO A HORDE OF ZOMBIES and I will be super mad if it's him (even though the voice kinda sounds like Kenny); Christa isn't thought to be
dead
and Telltale would pull a better story out than trying to punch us with CHRISTA IS ALIVE GUYS after one episode; Lilly makes sense, though... no matter what players did with her in season one, she wasn't dead. Everyone assumed the worst because they wanted to hate her but she either drove the RV away or was just ambiguously left on the side of the road.

Although, apparently I need to play 400 Days because my friend swears one of the characters in the preview for Ep 2 was the same guy in 400 Days.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #329 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

so it's minecraft

I
seriously
want to get Starbound. I think that might be today's plan
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #331 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:09 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yes
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #337 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 334, Kcdaspot wrote:monaco is like 3 bucks right now.

should i get it?

any other suggestions?
I picked up Monaco. It kinda throws you right into it with no guidance but play a few levels and you'll figure it out. Worth the $3.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #340 (isolation #28) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 338, Vi wrote:Recurring question/challenge time.

Can someone find a good reason for me to purchase a game for my 3DS?
Bonus points if you push me over the edge to get a Wii U; there are some games that I'd like to try but I'm very shy about that price tag.
uhhh because 3DS has a fuckload of good games

do i win
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #347 (isolation #29) » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 346, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 341, Vi wrote:
In post 340, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 338, Vi wrote:Recurring question/challenge time.

Can someone find a good reason for me to purchase a game for my 3DS?
Bonus points if you push me over the edge to get a Wii U; there are some games that I'd like to try but I'm very shy about that price tag.
uhhh because 3DS has a fuckload of good games

do i win
LIGHTNING ROUND: which ones do you recommend
Zelda: Link Between Worlds(incredibly well done Zelda game)
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion 2
Pokemon X and/or Y
Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Really, just anything in this video will probably be a good choice.
yep there's the list

Also I'd check out some of the indie eshop games, like Pushmo. That game is hours of brainbending fun
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #363 (isolation #30) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Haruummmmm...

Debating on getting X-COM: Enemy Unknown while it's on sale but it's not exactly a "steal" right now and I'm not sure if it's worth it? I don't know if I'd like it. Maybe I'll torrent it to try it and buy it if it's my thing.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #366 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh yeah im playing starbound too whatup
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #414 (isolation #32) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

plz plz plz plz plz vote for Payday 2 for the community choice sale!

Also I picked up Natural Selection 2. cool as shit
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #415 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Last chance sale. I'm debating on getting:

Dark Souls + Age of Empires 2
Payday 2
Tomb Raider

Can only get one... I'm very torn.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #421 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I "got it" awhile back to play through the first level, and I liked it. I just heard the main campaign was really short.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #432 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Heads up: don't buy Natural Selection II. I've spent an hour and a half tonight trying to play ONE game of it (the training levels). I don't know how they built the game, but to load one map it takes about 5-10 minutes. Then you spend 5-15 minutes playing, then another loading screen. Jesus Christ.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #461 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i got the dio ending last night

I can't
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #477 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
fuck VLR
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #485 (isolation #38) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh shit Ep2 is out?

There goes my afternoon
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #489 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Just finished episode two:

Spoiler:
Didn't see the "SNOW WHITE IS ALIVE" thing coming at all, but kinda called Crane being the bad guy.

All of the "decisions" in this episode felt weak and irrelevant, though. Kinda disappointed that none of them actually seemed to matter that much (that, and I apparently picked the same thing the vast majority of people did in every situation).
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #493 (isolation #40) » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

wildstar beta yeeeeeeeeeee
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #495 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Did nobody else get an invite to the Wildstar stress trest? :(
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #502 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yes.

and i fucking hate it.

but i love it.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #512 (isolation #43) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Played through a couple of the classes today for Wildstar.

This game is really impressing me. I've "forced" myself to buy into other MMOs previously, like FF14 and Rift and Aeon. This one, though... it's a breath of fresh air. It feels like it took all the best parts from MMOs I've enjoyed and rolled them into one. The combat system is really refreshing (a better version of GW2's combat), and the "Paths" system makes each experience unique. So far I've mostly enjoyed the Explorer path, climbing buildings and doing jumping puzzles, but I also really like the Builder/Settler path where you collect parts to build temporary constructs and buildings to buff allied players in the area.

I really think Wildstar has the potential to be the WoW-killer, if it plays its cards right.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #534 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've slowly come to the realization that maybe Bethesda games just aren't for me. I hear these stories of people losing themselves in the worlds of Fallout and Elder Scrolls for hundreds of hours... and I don't really get it, at all. I played the fuck out of Oblivion because it was like the first game I ever played after I got a 360 and new television, but the games lose their charm very quickly for me and I wind up never going back to them. There's just so much... NOTHINGNESS going on in them. I guess that open exploration is part of the appeal? I dunno, I don't really like it.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #574 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

GET PUSHMO
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #579 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah. Co-op robbery where the idea is to be as stealthy as possible but it usually breaks into chaos by the end. Art style is very unique.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #602 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

shit TWDS2E2 was today?

BUT THE STICK OF TRUTH CAME OUT
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #614 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You know I thought I was past the point of being offended

Then I played South Park the Stick of Truth

Ohhhhh my god.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #618 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Finished The Stick of Truth.

It's a really fun game. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. It blends seamlessly between combat and cutscenes. Some of it was so well done I was shocked. There are some sidequests to do around town, and when I finished the game I had not even scraped the surface of finding all the easter eggs. There are way more Chinpokomon to collect, a few optional questlines to complete (MANBEARPIG!), and more friends to get. The main storyline is surprisingly short (about eight hours, probably) but absolutely hilarious and enjoyable. I didn't think I could be shocked anymore, but... let's just say there's a level in which you have to get an abortion, and it's... wow.

The combat system is actually pretty refreshing. It reminds me of Mario & Luigi RPGs in that it's timing based and you have to complete a sequence of button presses in order to make certain abilities more effective. There were actually parts of the game that I had a lot of trouble completing, which means at least there's some challenge to it. There's also a lot more to the itemization/equipment system that I didn't bother looking at so that might've helped me in those situations.

I'd say it was an enjoyable ten hours and one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long fucking time. It's definitely a lot better if you've watched a lot of South Park and can catch all the references. The first hour and a half I was in the game I just explored the whole town of South Park and went in all the houses/buildings just to see crap from the TV show. I'll probably dig back in and see what's up with the areas I didn't visit and the easter eggs I didn't unlock.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #625 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'd wait. I men I personally wouldn't say a ~10 hour campaign is worth $6/hour, ever.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #628 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Using GI's metric, The Stick of Truth is worth every penny.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #629 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Also don't play if you're offended very easily, but this is South Park, so I don't feel like I need to say that.

Like... I'll spoil one minor scene as a litmus test for if you'll be offended...
You have to cross dress as a girl to go into an abortion clinic to steal records. Then in order to actually have them believe you, you have to have an abortion. Then, later, you have to perform an abortion on Randy who is dressed up like a woman, meaning you're spreading open and vacuuming out his asshole. There's a whole mini game.

If that doesn't offend you too badly you'll enjoy the game immensely

But I know for some people it might be too much.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #635 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah it's amazing.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #637 (isolation #54) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 636, Untrod Tripod wrote:
so the underpants gnomes boss fights

what the FUCK
yeah um.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #641 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

what's the Jew mechanic? The others are pretty straighforward
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #646 (isolation #56) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

A ginger fro I hope
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #656 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

>liked bioshock 2
>hated infinite

Wuttt
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #665 (isolation #58) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

@Natirasha: I thought Bioshock 2 was far less engaging than Bioshock 1. The combat system had moderate upgrades, sure, but the story and world was such awful rehashing that it made it difficult to really care about at all. It was the same basic premise of the first game with a slight tweak so it wouldn't be outright plagiarism. The sense of "story informing actual gameplay" was missing in this one... it just felt like another FPS with a story slapped on, not a game where they were intertwined.

I never had an ammo scarcity problem, really, in Infinite (maybe one or two fights where I ran out). I do agree that some of the mechanics felt clunky (particularly the A.I.) but the game always felt challenging. I had quite an issue on several fights. The upgrade system was a little tacked on and never felt integral to the game itself, but then again the upgrade system in the first two games was pretty similar and is mostly there for people who want to check that little completionist box.

I personally don't get the gripes with the story. There's a certain amount of game trope-ism that is expected and that's just fine. I don't mind the "you need x item to unlock x door" bits, although it does kinda pull the rug out from under you... but it's not horrible. If the game had climaxed right when you head to
Comstock House
, I think I would've been disappointed because it was an awkward story beat.

The big reveals aren't really cheese... in fact, I don't think
YOU ARE COMSTOCK AND ELIZABETH IS YOUR DAUGHTER IN ANOTHER UNIVERSE
is even
meant
to be the "big reveal" in the game. You can kind of see it coming if you pick up on context clues the whole time, and honestly, I don't think even if you DID see it coming that it's a bad reveal. It's a pretty interesting twist that makes you say, "Okay, now how are they going to explain this one?" and THAT is the real journey.

Supporting characters have never really been Bioshock's strong suit. Think about it -- The Luteces were interesting in this game, Sander Cohen was interesting in the first game, and there were like zero memorable characters in Bioshock 2. The game has always been about the journey and the exploration of new worlds. And as for the ending... I don't think it
needed
to fix anything, as nothing was broken. It was a pretty big mindfuck that sent me reeling, and it was about as big of a twist that I think a game could pull off, ever. It set up interesting narrative threads in the future and set me to rampant speculating and theory hunting that I have not done since Lost was in its prime. I thought it was a very well done ending.

Bioshock has never been a game I've lauded for its innovative combat mechanics or anything, but it is a game that I think tells a very compelling and unique story, and challenges the boundaries of storytelling in video games. It kind of set the bar for what the medium can do.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #701 (isolation #59) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

My Steam Profile
(from SteamDB)

• Worth:
    $2027.34
  • Games owned:
  • Games not played:
  • Percentage:
    60%
  • Hours spent:
    428.6h
jeeeesus
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #718 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

So I'm stuck in the office all the time now on a shitty Macbook Pro and business is slowing down. I need online games to play that are a) free, b) preferably not requiring CONSTANT attention at all times, c) browser-based since this laptop is a piece of shit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #723 (isolation #61) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Dicked around with Dominion all day today; C&C wouldn't work well on the laptop I was using. Will try the other ones
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #744 (isolation #62) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

< still never beat FTL
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #747 (isolation #63) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

They're literally giving them out to everyone

Might I direct to our Wildstar thread? It's just me n Gamma yellin at each other right now, we need more friends.

you can probably still get keys here, grimm just got one about an hour ago
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #768 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The Wolf Among Us Episode 3
:
Spoiler:
Okay, wow, that was fucking great. Though I will admit it feels like a cop out with the way they've misdirected us so far ("It was the Huntsman! Haha, just kidding, it was Crane! Haha, just kidding, it wasn't Crane at all!") and I'm hoping the next episode doesn't wait to give us some actual fucking answers.

But wow. I didn't visit Crane's apartment... I visited Dee/Dum's first, figured Bluebeard had already contaminated the crime scene and went to Holly's bar. I really like Holly/Gren, they're the characters I'll always try to have scenes with if possible.

Snow is getting pretty awful though. At the end I murdered the SHIT out of Dee, didn't even hesitate. Bloody Mary was amazing, I loved her character, can't wait to see more. Crane is a little shit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #772 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yes sir it is

Okay guys, so like I said, I'm working from my office a ton more now (mostly thanks to me having my own private office now, woo-hoo!) and I get bored very easily. I want to play something that I can play a little each day and have some progress, not like a one-and-done thing. Sort of like if I could actually play an MMO at work, but I can't play any MMOs at work because the work computer I use was made ages ago. Any suggestions?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #777 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I have a Cooler Master mechanical keyboard at home that I love. If you want a happy medium between typing & gaming, I'd go with Browns.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #811 (isolation #67) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I was wondering the same thing.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #845 (isolation #68) » Mon May 12, 2014 10:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

TWDS2E3 tomorrow!
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #852 (isolation #69) » Tue May 13, 2014 4:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Does anyone know of any great 3D platformers that are recent? I miss the days of Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie... you know, the big, overwhelming 3D platformers that have multiple things to do in a level, multiple paths, collectibles, arbitrary # of stars locks on doors, etc.

Seems like the last one I can remember was one of the last Ratchet & Clank games but I'm craving something similar.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #855 (isolation #70) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 854, Uite wrote:Dark Souls
This is not a platformer.
In post 855, bv310 wrote:The Uncharted series is pretty awesome, though it has a bit more combat than platforming at times.
This is also not a platformer. It seems to me like the spirit of the platformer just became the third-person action/adventure genre, which is very sad :(

Like, even Jak & Daxter suddenly become third person action instead of platformer.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #859 (isolation #71) » Tue May 13, 2014 6:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh shit.

So this came out literally TODAY as I was talking about wanting a new 3D platformer? Holy shit.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #869 (isolation #72) » Wed May 14, 2014 4:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 866, Chevre wrote:
In post 853, xRECKONERx wrote:Does anyone know of any great 3D platformers that are recent? I miss the days of Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie... you know, the big, overwhelming 3D platformers that have multiple things to do in a level, multiple paths, collectibles, arbitrary # of stars locks on doors, etc.

Seems like the last one I can remember was one of the last Ratchet & Clank games but I'm craving something similar.
This wasn't you was it? If not, there are a bunch of recommendations in that thread on the subject. :)
Oh what the fuck, no that's not me
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1041 (isolation #73) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

wait did I miss a chapter.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1042 (isolation #74) » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

shit. I DID
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1060 (isolation #75) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1055, CooLDoG wrote:So I'm playing Bioshock 1 right now and I think this game is a piece of shit. I hate this game. At first I thought I would like it. More maze like. More oldschool. But no, this game is shit. 1 hour in and I'm done with this game. And here is why:

The fucking vita chambers can suck my dick. Either do checkpoints correctly or not all. Period. end of story. I thought, hay, normal check point system so I don't have to quick save my game, right? "NOPE, AND FUCK YOU" says the game. SO I fight the first big daddy and lose because that is what happens wen you fight a new enemy... and where does it spawn me after death? All the way across the fucking map. But I didn't get pissed off because I found out I was right by the exit to the next level, "sweet, this system works!" but the game retorts, "No, fuck you, go back and kill the big daddy because you need 'adam' otherwise you are going to be underpowered, so go back you stupid fuck." I say, "okay whatever, I have ap bullets, so fine, suck my dick big daddy". So I walk back and find where he was and he was half health like a left him, "cool this vita system works! even though it was badly place it is cool!!!" The game responds, "No fuck you, fight another one. Yeah, I'll replay the same scripted moment for you so go kill it again. Fuck you, I hate you player." So fine, no more AP bullets left, but I've played a shit ton of this type of game so the damage I do doesn't matter, I can dodge it all day and ping away at it with normal bullets. So reincarnated big daddy goes down. Now where is the little sister that I fought this bitch for. "Hahahahahahah" says the game, "You see now I bugged up the game for you so you can't find her. Fuck you. I made you waste all of your ammo, health kits, and magic potions. How do you like dem apples ass hole?" At this point I quit the game. Because any game that tells me to go do something and then bugs out after having me walk halfway through an empty level that responds enemies that I have already killed can give me a blow job while sticking three fingers up my anus while singing hail to the chief all while pissing itself.

So yeah, fuck bioshock. It is a stupid game that is poorly designed and sure as hell never play tested outside of the dev team. SO fuck whoever made this piece of shit. I hate your guts. Maybe I'll play bioshock 2. Maybe they get better as they go along.

uh this doesn't happen
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1066 (isolation #76) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

to be fair I think Infinite is pretty good but BS2 isn't great no
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1088 (isolation #77) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

anyone wanna discuss The Wolf Among Us? cuz I just finished E5 and I "get" it but I don't get why it matters
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1090 (isolation #78) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The ending.

Spoiler:
So I took it to mean that Narissa was glamored as Faith when Bigsby met her at the start. And, while I totally get that... I just kind of think, so what? Faith is still the one that died, so who cares if it was Narissa or not in episode 1? All it means is that Narissa pretended to be Faith in order to give Bigsby a motivation to care about the case... and that's it. Why is it a big deal?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1092 (isolation #79) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Spoiler:
See, I never got to a trial. I killed Crooked Man in the warehouse.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1096 (isolation #80) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah but like why does it matter.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1161 (isolation #81) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Parama, I'll take Giana & ReignMaker if you don't mind
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1173 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I've been thinking about trying to put together a Team Scum streaming group on Hitbox... might be cool to do regular streams/schedules of different games with different personalities.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1175 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SpeedRunsLive and a few other organizations are migrating to hitbox
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1181 (isolation #84) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No delay and no stupid audio muting (and I think hitbox does VODs)
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1184 (isolation #85) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Noticed.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1202 (isolation #86) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm probably going to get it just because I want to own the AoE thing and the other games are cool too.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1205 (isolation #87) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I have tried playing CK2 so many times and it's just super overwhelming.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1208 (isolation #88) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I want to play Five Nights at Freddy's but I also think I will literally start crying
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1217 (isolation #89) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1216, Chevre wrote:swatted

wat
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1230 (isolation #90) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

DIIIIIIIBS
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1234 (isolation #91) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1232, hiplop wrote:only thing that sucks is it is a VERY limited beta, but sent to you reck

YESSSSSSSSS

ty<3 idc how limited it is i need some sweet sweet smashing
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1236 (isolation #92) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ugh, no online play. Now I just need to hope some of my RL friends got codes.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1238 (isolation #93) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh. Well. Let me see if Gamma will play with me
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1240 (isolation #94) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

haha nice... okay I texted Gamma, I think he's still passed out drunk, I'll let you know
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1260 (isolation #95) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Papers Please.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1263 (isolation #96) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1262, bv310 wrote:I've played through Papers, Please already, as well as a bunch of the recommended ones from up there. Only ones I haven't played are Watch_Dogs and Civ V. Planning to wait for Beyond Earth to play a Civ game, and Watch_dogs doesn't really grab my attention. Maybe there just isn't a game out right now that fits what I want to play.

Hmm. Well, Steam is kind of lacking in the story department as far as long games go. There are plenty of indie games that are only a couple hours long with a good story though.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1282 (isolation #97) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

hey I'm streaming Five Nights at Freddy's tonight

i will cry probs
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1284 (isolation #98) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

trying to get the new mic/pop screen/mixer setup
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1287 (isolation #99) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

http://hitbox.tv/reckonerX 

Ohhhh boy. Here we go
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1288 (isolation #100) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sorry for shortstream. Have social things to do. Will maybe play more tomorrow if I can wear Depends while streaming
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1333 (isolation #101) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Psychonauts rules. I didn't mind Lungfishopolis, it was pretty fun stomping around as a giant.

My favorite world is by far Black Velvetopia. It has such cool art style and level design.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1339 (isolation #102) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

no, it's not even worth $2 considering Pandemic exists online and is the same game and is free
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1343 (isolation #103) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1341, Oman wrote:
In post 1333, xRECKONERx wrote:<PSYCHONAUTS!>

I loved psychonauts but I do not remember it to the same degree as you. So now I want to play it again.

Actually, reading this thread makes me want to play it again.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1344 (isolation #104) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

national archive added over 900 arcade games from the 70s/80s to its archive, all playable in your browser
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1353 (isolation #105) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

im beating off
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1396 (isolation #106) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah welcome to the party

Dragon Age sucks anyway. like it's about as bad as storytelling gets. Not a single original idea can be found in that series
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1417 (isolation #107) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Wait what are we recommending, I want first place
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1419 (isolation #108) » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Phoenix Wright & Professor Layton
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1479 (isolation #109) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

well fuck how did I miss that it was out?

Downloading now
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1481 (isolation #110) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

JUST FINISHED IT.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1482 (isolation #111) » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1515 (isolation #112) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

have a new fun 50" TV and no consoles to really play with it, so

I want to setup my PC and run Steam Big Picture for a few days and I need suggestions on games that would translate well to the living room setting
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1518 (isolation #113) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

the HL2 mod?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1523 (isolation #114) » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1520, Untrod Tripod wrote:also, Stanley's Parable if you haven't played it?

played it, disliked it more than i liked it
In post 1521, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh wait, System Shock 2 with mods

do it

do it

do it

can I come hang out on Monday and watch you play

ummmm yes but i have work

Also what mods
In post 1522, Sudo_Nym wrote:Five Nights at Freddy's has a sequel, you could try that.

fuck you
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1534 (isolation #115) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1527, Chevre wrote:prison architect opinions anyone?

Love it.

I've had the alpha for over a year now and basically every other month, I start it up and play for several hours. It's a great game. It ticks all the right boxes for me... the management, the building... jeez, I spend HOURS of my time in the planning mode, just mapping out how I want my cell blocks to look, trying to chart out a maximum efficiency design... it's addictive.

Speaking of which, I might pick up Evil Genius. It looks pretty similar and it's cheap.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1633 (isolation #116) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

browser based games i can play during downtime at work, go
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1653 (isolation #117) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Re: GW2... it was good, but there's kind of nothing to do after awhile. And the lack of a trinity really REALLY isn't a good thing.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1665 (isolation #118) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

k I beat Burrito Bison i need a new game to play at work now
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1669 (isolation #119) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

oh i beat Bloons TD5 awhile ago

it's my favorite TD game
also I thought the Burrito Bison game quadz linked was the second one
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1671 (isolation #120) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i mean got to the point where all the upgrades were available, and played for hours and hours until i didnt want to play anymore
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1688 (isolation #121) » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

why the fuck is there a bird
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1702 (isolation #122) » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:45 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

guys the Majora's Mask remake is fucking
great
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1717 (isolation #123) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i loved DXHR too
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1734 (isolation #124) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

has anyone tried Offworld Trading Company yet? It looks amazing... a scifi RTS game without combat. Or rather, where economic battle is the combat.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1741 (isolation #125) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1734, xRECKONERx wrote:has anyone tried Offworld Trading Company yet? It looks amazing... a scifi RTS game without combat. Or rather, where economic battle is the combat.

ok guys seriously more people need to look at this and then play it
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1743 (isolation #126) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The game is done, gameplay-wise. The only thing being tuned right now is some aesthetics (most of them look fine anyway), balance changes, and ladders/queues.

They are basically releasing it early so they can get it to a better balanced state before launch.

http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9s-day-off-off ... g-company/

Watch Day9 play through a bit of it, it does NOT look like an alpha game. I'm probably going to sink the $40 to get it.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1756 (isolation #127) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

you goddamn... *sigh*

*unzips*
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1758 (isolation #128) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1824 (isolation #129) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

this is my monthly "everyone should play Offworld Trading Company" plug
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1840 (isolation #130) » Tue May 26, 2015 7:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1824, xRECKONERx wrote:this is my monthly "everyone should play Offworld Trading Company" plug
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1844 (isolation #131) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

pushmo is a great lil puzzle game that i spent a while on
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1850 (isolation #132) » Wed May 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1848, Maruchan wrote:what is Offworld Trading Company, reck? Sounds fun

Real time strategy game where you have no combat, it's all based on economic power and buyouts
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1864 (isolation #133) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

steam summer sale, 8 days

get hype
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1866 (isolation #134) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

:(

i have money for the first time
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1880 (isolation #135) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

fucking hell.

i dont have as much $$$ as i thought for steam sale, noooo
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1893 (isolation #136) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:27 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah if you've somehow been living under a rock for the past 7 years, get it
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1897 (isolation #137) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i cant fucking play the mosnter game during the steam sale what the FUCK

also it really sucks that today is like the one game i was waiting to go on sale (Valkyria Chronicles)
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1900 (isolation #138) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:41 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1899, Chevre wrote:wasted animals bundle (Domestic Dog Simulator + Squirreltopia)

This dev was on reddit yesterday and he was adorable.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1968 (isolation #139) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

MSGV feels like an eternal game. I think I love it?

I'm only about 6% done right now and easily have 20 hours in the game at this point, I think.

On the one hand, I love the amount of shit there is to do and how vast and real the open world feels. I like the customization options and I like the feel/vibe of the story so far. It's also astoundingly beautiful. (I have it downscaled from 4K because I built a new rig and it looks INCREDIBLE).

That being said... the stealth feels a bit repetitive in this one. With the outdoor environment, every mission just ends up being "crouch through grass, run through buildings, hide behind wall, sneak up and KO some guy from behind" over and over. I don't feel like there's really any room for experimentation... at least, not significant experimentation. "I could approach the base from the east instead of west and use the exact same stealth techniques" doesn't really do it for me... then again, I had this problem with MGS3 as well. I much preferred the corridors and internal environments in MGS2 for actual stealth gameplay, where there were nooks and crannies and hallways and lockers. It felt a lot better being cramped and claustrophobic for me. The open world environment just makes it too... easy? And there's not enough cool places to improvise.

I'm also not huge on the Mother Base thing. I mean, maybe I'm just not far enough yet, but it feels like this nagging chore to go through and spend resources on shit I don't really care about. I liked just finding weapons in previous games, or unlocking them by completing certain challenges. In this one, I'm constantly seeing new shit pop up and I can't develop it because I don't have the right R&D level, which involves paying attention to the soldier stat management microgame that really just feels tedious and extraneous. And then like 99% of the crap I can develop, I don't want, because I'm trying to be as non-lethal as possible. I don't think I've used anything except the tranq pistol the entire game, with the exception of one long range assassination via sniper rifle.

It's still really good and I love the game and this probably sounds more harsh than I mean it to sound. But every time I have to open the MB menu I cringe a little bit, and I also find myself feeling like the various bases and stuff don't allow much variation/improvisation in the stealth.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1983 (isolation #140) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1971, tanstalas wrote:Go for the humble bundle and get the top one and get rainbow 6 and a t shirt ;)

Reck, did you get the dog in MGSV ?

I hear he only shows once, he's so cute

Yeah, people are at like 50 hours and only on like mission 20

Yeah, I got the dog. I ignored him at first because I thought it was just "another open world random wildlife event" but then when I went to extract I passed by him and was like "oh I can fulton him" and I'm SO GLAD I DID
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2038 (isolation #141) » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

holy shit what
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2069 (isolation #142) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

in the last jackbox party pack all we played was fucking drawful

is anything else as good as drawful
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2093 (isolation #143) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i hate that i didnt get the OW beta :(

In post 2075, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 2074, Chevre wrote:Fibbage > Drawful imo. Though both are great and it's really close.

The problem with Fibbage is that it's actual trivia and you need to be at least somewhat clever instead of sometimes just going completely bonkers the way you do in Drawful.

also this
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2139 (isolation #144) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

hi i am getting a Wii-U tomorrow w/ Super Mario Maker

are there any other suggestions from people who have one on good games to pick up? I'm gonna go a little crazy
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2153 (isolation #145) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Leaning towards Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, and Splatoon for the time being.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2154 (isolation #146) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

It's sad that Mario Party 10 got such bad reviews. I love fun/zany local multiplayer. I don't see a Warioware out for the Wii U yet
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2157 (isolation #147) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2155, Ythan wrote:What was that shit Mario Party we played where you're all on like a cart together, with bosses.

If that one's 10 skip it.

That was 9, 10 uses the same system, though. Which makes me upset. But then it also has a 1v4 mode where one person is Bowser and the others are players and that seems like a blast.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2161 (isolation #148) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

where do i begin if i want to become an amiibo whore?

And yes god the N64 mario party games still get played like 3 times a year at my house
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2171 (isolation #149) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

YO PLAY MY MARIO MAKER LEVEL AND FOLLOW ME SO I CAN FOLLOW U BACK

3669-0000-00DD-3E31
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2189 (isolation #150) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

chances are that if you're a huge fan of touhou we probably won't get along

it's a REALLY good litmus test honestly
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2195 (isolation #151) » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

holy fucking shit.

Rayman Legends is one of the best games I have ever fucking played. Top 10, easily. My god.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2199 (isolation #152) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

nope :'(

did you preorder?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2236 (isolation #153) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Spoiler: full list
1 Zelda: Majora's Mask
2 Banjo-Kazooie
3 Kingdom Hearts
3 Xenoblade Chronicles
3 DK Country 2
6 Metal Gear Solid 2
7 Half-Life 2
8 Chrono Trigger
9 Star Wars: KOTOR
9 Zelda: The Wind Waker
9 Portal 2
12 Uncharted 2
13 The Walking Dead
14 Ratchet & Clank 3
14 Super Mario Galaxy
16 Undertale
16 World of Warcraft
18 Batman: Arkham City
18 Half-Life
20 Super Mario World
21 Portal
22 Metal Gear Solid
22 EarthBound
22 Borderlands 2
25 BioShock
26 Castlevania: SOTN
26 Phoenix Wright: Trials
28 Valkyria Chronicles
29 The Witcher 3
29 Binding of Isaac Rebirth
29 Metal Gear Solid 3
32 Okami
32 Warcraft III
32 Silent Hill 2
35 Zelda: A Link to the Past
35 Metal Gear Solid V
35 Civilization V
38 GTA: San Andreas
38 Shovel Knight
40 Final Fantasy IV
40 Perfect Dark
40 Dark Souls
43 Splatoon
44 Shadow of the Colossus
44 Team Fortress 2
44 Red Dead Redemption
44 Bayonetta 2
48 Super Mario RPG
49 Paper Mario
50 BioShock Infinite
51 Resident Evil 4
52 Hearthstone
52 Super Mario Maker
52 Cave Story
52 Deus Ex
56 Final Fantasy X
56 Super Mario Galaxy 2
56 Mass Effect
56 Final Fantasy Tactics
56 Resident Evil 2
56 Final Fantasy IX
56 Fire Emblem: Awakening
56 Super Metroid
56 Call of Duty 4
56 Chrono Cross
56 Starcraft
56 Mass Effect 2
68 Pokemon Gold/Silver
68 World Ends with You
68 Xenogears
68 Pokemon X/Y
68 Minecraft
68 Life is Strange
68 GTA: Vice City
68 Diablo II
76 Final Fantasy VI
76 Assassin's Creed II
76 999
79 Grand Theft Auto V
79 Shenmue
79 Mother 3
82 Mega Man X
82 The Last of Us
82 Tales of Symphonia
82 Pokemon Red/Blue
86 Metal Gear Solid 4
86 Kingdom Hearts II
88 Super Mario Bros. 3
88 Age of Empires II
90 Dragon Quest VIII
90 Persona 3
90 Smash Bros. Melee
90 Paper Mario: TYD
90 Smash Bros. Wii U
90 Planescape: Torment
90 Final Fantasy VII
90 Journey
90 Skies of Arcadia
90 Resident Evil
90 Fallout: New Vegas
90 Virtue's Last Reward
102 Halo 3
102 Halo: Combat Evolved
102 Sonic the Hedgehog 2
102 Mass Effect 3
102 Final Fantasy VIII
102 Metroid Prime
102 Suikoden II
102 Monster Hunter 4U
102 Baldur's Gate II
102 Dragon Age: Origins
102 Bloodborne
102 Final Fantasy XII
114 Tetris
114 Animal Crossing New Leaf
114 Phoenix Wright
114 Zelda: Twilight Princess
114 Zelda: Ocarina of Time
119 Mario Kart 8
120 GoldenEye 007
121 Demon's Souls
121 Persona 4
121 Oblivion
121 Destiny
125 Fallout 3
125 Skyrim
125 Morrowind
125 Super Mario 64

notable:
1 Zelda: Majora's Mask
2 Banjo-Kazooie
3 Kingdom Hearts
3 Xenoblade Chronicles
3 DK Country 2
6 Metal Gear Solid 2
7 Half-Life 2
8 Chrono Trigger
9 Star Wars: KOTOR
9 Zelda: The Wind Waker
9 Portal 2
12 Uncharted 2
13 The Walking Dead
14 Ratchet & Clank 3
14 Super Mario Galaxy
16 Undertale
16 World of Warcraft
18 Batman: Arkham City
18 Half-Life
20 Super Mario World

last place:

120 GoldenEye 007
121 Demon's Souls
121 Persona 4
121 Oblivion
121 Destiny
125 Fallout 3
125 Skyrim
125 Morrowind
125 Super Mario 64
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2240 (isolation #154) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

also yeah playing thru Wind Waker right now for the first time

this game feels unlike anything Zelda has attempted before
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2246 (isolation #155) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2241, Ythan wrote:You finally find a memory card?

Wii U HD remake

I will say I'm frustrated w/ it because it just straight up doesn't tell you where to go sometimes. It's why LTTP frustrated me, but it feels less frustrating in this game for some reason

but still like...
I beat the Tower of the Gods or whatever and got the Master Sword then was just like.....where the fuck do I go? Then I happened upon the Forsaken Fortress and beat the bird thing and then revealed Zelda and was like.....okay now I can't even get on these islands to get the last temples because I need some item I don't have. And there was nothing ANYWHERE to suggest where to get the items
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2257 (isolation #156) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2247, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 2246, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2241, Ythan wrote:You finally find a memory card?

Wii U HD remake

I will say I'm frustrated w/ it because it just straight up doesn't tell you where to go sometimes. It's why LTTP frustrated me, but it feels less frustrating in this game for some reason

but still like...
I beat the Tower of the Gods or whatever and got the Master Sword then was just like.....where the fuck do I go? Then I happened upon the Forsaken Fortress and beat the bird thing and then revealed Zelda and was like.....okay now I can't even get on these islands to get the last temples because I need some item I don't have. And there was nothing ANYWHERE to suggest where to get the items

Have you tried talking to the King of Red Lions? IIRC, he usually is pretty good with advice.

yeah he was just like "SURELY SOMEBODY KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND HERE"

also Skyward Sword had
bomb bowling
and "one to one motion controls"....(lol)
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2259 (isolation #157) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I didn't even.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2292 (isolation #158) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:43 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2282, Om of the Nom wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for co-op games with the same kind of feel as Terraria that I can play with my friend?
Something not too intense in the gameplay but with a wide range of things to do would be ideal, but I'm all ears for anything.

Starbound? I mean if he doesn't like that it's too much like Terraria then I'm not entirely sure what he means or what you're looking for... Starbound is basically Terraria, evolved.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2328 (isolation #159) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

idk ive still only beaten KH1 and it's one of my fave games partly because of the plot
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2335 (isolation #160) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2329, Ythan wrote:I can't imagine that you would find the story of 2 to be an improvement on the first game's. It just kind feels like if DeviantArt was also a Squaresoft/Disney crossover fanfiction forum.

Probably not. I never finished 2 because my PS2 broke but I got really damn close to the end and the whole Heartless vs Soulless or whatever bullshit they had was just cringey
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2337 (isolation #161) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2336, InflatablePie wrote:Heartless lack bodies, Nobodies lack hearts. And then there's... Unversed? I forget, been a while.

Yeah but see, I can dig on Heartless because they had a certain charm in the first game and were these ambiguous shadow monsters. Then Nobodies got involved and it's just kinda ambiguous. Some of them are generic looking monsters -- and some of them appear human. It just doesn't have any consistency and seems to have gotten out of control.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2359 (isolation #162) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

the reviews for The Witness are making me incredibly excited to play it
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2363 (isolation #163) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

play the witness.

please. do it.

last night, i finally beat a puzzle i had been stuck on for an hour. my brain SHUT DOWN. ive never experienced anything like it. i just instinctively got up, walked away from my computer, and laid on the couch and stared at the ceiling.

i just spent 6 hours playing it again tonight. i just got to a part that made me actually feel like a part of my brain was broken. i took a lap around the house, literally splashed water on my face, and went to sit back down. still couldn't understand what i was looking at.

nuwen was playing and had a mountain of paper, pens, dice, and legos on her desk to try and figure out the puzzles.

i want to go back in and play again. i dont think i have the juice left to do it. my brain. my brain. my brain. holy shit.

we spent 30 minutes watching a scene from a Tarkovsky film and a lecture by James Burke. i dont know why we did. but we did. and we just sat around in silence afterwards.

this game is transcendental. i want to beat it so i can get it out of my head. but i wont use walkthroughs. that would defeat the purpose.

oh my fucking god.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2364 (isolation #164) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

nuwen was actually exhausted to the point of tears when she got done. it's unreal.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2370 (isolation #165) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

holy shit the solution for that one took me F O R E V E R
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2374 (isolation #166) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah that sounds right
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2409 (isolation #167) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:10 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i got into Day9's game's test weekend

Anyone else playing Atlas this weekend?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2419 (isolation #168) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

*shameless plug alert*

Nuwen & UT did a big discussion of The Beginner's Guide on our podcast
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2493 (isolation #169) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2492, Sudo_Nym wrote:So, based on recommendations, I started playing 999. Out of curiousity, does this game feature any actual gameplay at any point? I've been playing for about 90 minutes at this point, and I think it's been all cutscenes. More annoyingly, it seems to be about 3 sentences worth of actual information repeated over and over and over to fill 90 minutes worth of cutscenes. I thought this was supposed to be a puzzle game?
It's a visual novel punctuated by your decisions. There are half a dozen to a dozen puzzle rooms in each game. You just have to get there. Actually, you should've already had one "escape the room" puzzle to start the game?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2499 (isolation #170) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

what the fuck is mega satan
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2528 (isolation #171) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

well i just bought it on your recommendation!
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2538 (isolation #172) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

100% pokemon moon here meow
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2572 (isolation #173) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2571, PJ. wrote:I haven't played the first two, but I heard Zero Time Dilemma is pretty stand alone and it sounds pretty interesting, has anyone played these zero escape games and how did you feel about tgem?
I don't think any of them are really stand alone tbh. There are so may storyline "revelations" that really only make sense if you've played through the first two.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2576 (isolation #174) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yes
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2580 (isolation #175) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

the second game is better for sure. i think ZTD is better than the first one though
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2595 (isolation #176) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

thinking about picking up a ps4 or xb1 on black friday

anyone have a recommendation between the two? leaning ps4 right now but the new xbox 1 s is looking tempting
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2598 (isolation #177) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't really have anything in mind, no. I will say I see myself spending more time playing games on my PC still, so my console will mostly be for stuff like Madden (any sports games really) + single player games.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2600 (isolation #178) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

okay well thanks mafiascum you've made my confirmation bias even better
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2612 (isolation #179) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2610, Andrius wrote:We Need to go Deeper, on Steam, looks amazing.
Please tell me its not like $20 because I want to play this with amazing people.
omg thiiiis looks awesome
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2633 (isolation #180) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

how's the switch?
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2637 (isolation #181) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2636, Sudo_Nym wrote:I haven't played a Zelda game since the first one on the NES, primarily due to growing up in a house with a Playstation. Are any of them worth going back to play and have good ports on the 3DS? Reviews suggest Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are both really good, but also there's some weirdness in the LoZ timeline that could be potentially confusing.
okay look everyone fawns over OoT but i really don't think it's that special especially nowadays

the nostalgia is great, but there are so many better zelda games

definitive ranking for me is probably:
Majora's Mask (N64, ported to 3DS)
Link Between Worlds (3DS release)
Wind Waker (only on Gamecube/Wii U)
Oracle of Ages/Seasons (probably on the 3DS store?)
Link to the Past (this is everyone's favorite but I didn't play it when it came out so meh)
Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Zelda
Zelda 2
Phantom Hourglass
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2640 (isolation #182) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah timeline is neat for fans to try and theorize about and discuss but it's really not important at all, each game is a self-contained story
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2641 (isolation #183) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

like Majora's Mask literally starts at the ending of Ocarina of Time... but it has no relevance to the story and takes place in an entirely different universe anyway. Zelda isn't even in it.

The one thing I would say is that playing Link to the Past before Link Between Worlds is important, probably, because LttP/LBW are direct sequels and a lot of the gameplay, design, etc. is enhanced by having an understanding of what came before
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2683 (isolation #184) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I played a lot of Yooka-Laylee the past week. Beat the game. I had planned to get every collectible but
wow
is the game beholden to some archaic stuff.

There are some things Banjo Kazooie actually did BETTER!

- In BK, Notes (100 per world) weren't a pain to collect because they were used to guide you along paths to new objectives/etc. In YL, there are 200 Quills in each world and they aren't designed to lead you along a path, they're just randomly placed
- One of your "Pagies" (YL's equivalent of puzzle pieces) in each world is to collect all 200 Quills, and those last couple of them are always hidden in really obscure dumb places
- There's no cohesive rhyme or reason to a lot of the Pagies tasks. I would say about 10/25 are related to the level theme, the rest are head scratchers
- Kartos minecart levels fucking suck. They suck so bad and I ragequit the game several times.
- Camera & controls are janky. Flying is one of the worst experiences.
- I thought I would appreciate the "characters speak in quick grunts and groans" nostalgia. I was very fucking wrong.
- Hub world is a messy maze of bad level design.
- Only 5 unique worlds to experience. You can "expand" each one once to open new areas, but it still feels like a shallow experience with there only being 5 distinct worlds.
- The "transformations" in each world feel lazy. You go through a task to unlock them and then generally only use them to collect 1/25 Pagies, and then they're useless.

I was just very disappointed. There are some good bits there... there's a whole section of one world that is isometric and it's brilliant. The music is amazing. Character design is delightful. There's a good game lurking beneath the surface.

Unfortunately, it winds up feeling like a half-complete, rushed experience. The collectibles can feel overwhelming, and with only 5 worlds to complete, there are a LOT of collectibles in each world, which makes it feel daunting. Half-sized worlds with 10 unique locales would've made for better, less arduous gameplay.

Oh yeah and combat fucking sucks and enemy design is bad and THEY FUCKING RESPAWN so when you sit there for 5 minutes waiting to kill one of the brute mobs and then go the wrong way and have to wander back thru, he's back and there goes more of your time.

Flying completely breaks the game btw. You get a flight ability before the fifth world and at that point you can just bypass 80% of the challenges/content in previous worlds to skip the puzzles/platforming and get Pagies.

Final boss fight is seriously lacking.
Actually, all the boss fights are rather dull.

Ugh this hurts me so much :(
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2696 (isolation #185) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:31 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

is it odd that I can't get excited for Persona 5 because there's no gay options? :\

I dunno, it's become increasingly harder for me to give a fuck about relationship games
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2700 (isolation #186) » Fri May 05, 2017 5:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2698, PJ. wrote:
In post 2696, xRECKONERx wrote:is it odd that I can't get excited for Persona 5 because there's no gay options? :\

I dunno, it's become increasingly harder for me to give a fuck about relationship games
This is the thing I like most about most bioware games, you can kinda be with whoever you want.
yeah see i was super engaged by dragon age inquisition

then i went back to replay mass effect 1 and was like "wow i just cannot give a fuck about this" because there arent any gay options
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2725 (isolation #187) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2724, Errantparabola wrote:
Spoiler: I just beat the witness? I guess?
I guess you only needed a certain amount of yellow glowy box lasers to open the mountain. I still haven't completed the town, the desert, or the orange leaves place. And I know where I have to go for the map things, because I tried one in that place in the windmill and this lady just started talking for like 3 minutes. So still a lot to do. I'm so tired. That ending section was exhausting.

I got stuck at the upper floor for like 3 freaking days-- the panels where the mazes were off from the usual positions. I didn't know you have to click on the lower left corner regardless of where the maze was, and I just kept clicking on the dot and getting frustrated and overthinking. When I finally figured it out I felt so stupid.
completing the witness is a myth

seriously for literally months after playing it i was finding witness puzzles IRL and dreaming about them. i was going mad
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2726 (isolation #188) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2715, DeathNote wrote:LAWL skyrim.... I mean, I liked the game I guess.

Never played Chrono Trigger so not sure why thats a great game.
chrono trigger is my favorite game of all time and i generally hate jrpgs
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2740 (isolation #189) » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

crypt of the necrodancer is great but honestly the novelty wore off quick
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2751 (isolation #190) » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

big recommendations to my pickups on the sale:

Kindergarten: a gory pixel art puzzle adventure game where you relive the same day of Kindergarten over and over, trying to make it further into the narrative each time by discovering the evil plot being carried out by the school's administrators. probably only 4-5 hours of gameplay but totally worth it at $4

Domina: roguelike-ish gladiator sim where you have to recruit and train gladiators and build your reputation in rome over the course of a year. choose employees, build structures, gain favor with the political elite, and make sure you have enough people to win the grand challenge at the end of the year
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2768 (isolation #191) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

DA:I was great.
I really hated the other Dragon Age games. Inquisition, though, I ADORED. I played the fuck out of it, did the post-story stuff as well. Got some of the DLC.

Wticher 1 & 2 are whatevver.

Witcher 3 is super good but I haven't made much progress in it because it really does kinda feel like a chore to pick up and get playing and it's so dense and complex at times. I liked DA:I's streamlined task management better than W3's overwhelming open world.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2772 (isolation #192) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

that is an absurd stance to take
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2818 (isolation #193) » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

DA:I was open world done right though.

Once you got past the initial feeling of being overwhelmed it became amazing
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2822 (isolation #194) » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2820, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 2818, xRECKONERx wrote:DA:I was open world done right though.

Once you got past the initial feeling of being overwhelmed it became amazing
I actually somewhat disagree. There was definitely the initial sense of being overwhelmed, and it got better after that. The problem it had was another problem that a bunch of open world games have. At some point, it's just "do a bunch of stuff" and it can occasionally be hard to tell what's important and what isn't. Is this side quest going to lead to interesting lore? Interesting character interactions? Or is it basically just a fetch quest? Do I have to do this? Should I just ignore this and go back to the story?
Interesting. I never got quite that bad once the war map was introduced.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2839 (isolation #195) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally picked up Doom on the Steam Sale. Holy shit, this is the most purely fun shooter I have ever played. I just completed the campaign and I am already wanting to jump back in for another run.

Not to mention... Multiplayer is pretty great, too.

If you haven't picked it up yet... do it.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2843 (isolation #196) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

god horizon was so fucking good. i just beat it. it's the first game im considering buying DLC for because i can't get enough.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2845 (isolation #197) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:33 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

odyssey for me
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2847 (isolation #198) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

The way it approached combat was astounding IMO. The fact you can't just hack and slash your way to victory and have to carefully plot out your paths is A+++
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2851 (isolation #199) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

persona 5 is good but after watching my husband replay it I think the last 10-20 hours really bury its potential

I'd probably go Odyssey > Horizon > BotW > P5 > PUBG?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”