Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

RIP UVT2 :(

I'll prob get an XB1 sometime next year. I like Halo and Forza and most other games I play are multiplatform. Since MS caved after the initial announcement backlash, there really isn't anything to hate about it anymore. I was fine with it the way it was meant to be anyways. I hate that there was such negative backlash forcing MS to change it.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

Anyone here play Clash of Clans? I just started playing it a few days ago. Just was wondering if anyone else was playing and wanted to join a mafiascum clan or anything (or even if we already had one). If anyone doesn't know about it, its actually a fun little "free" strategy game for iOS and Android. Gameplay is pretty basic and simple. Its kinda similar to a game like Travian (if you know of that one) in the way you spend resources and time on building and upgrading, but the gameplay is much different. You design the layout of your own village to best defend from attacks, and when you attack you place troops where you like to exploit the enemy's defenses (or lack of). Theres IMO a lot of strategy in how you set up your base and deploy troops to attack.

Its pretty fun so far. Its been out for a while. The TV commercial I've been seeing a lot lately is pretty cool:

(I think thats the right one I'll check when I get home)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

ooh KSP finally has career mode working?

there goes my weekend...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

man you guys are so much further along than I am.

Last time I played I spent a while using one of the included orbit capable ships in sandbox mode just practicing getting to the same orbit over and over again. I've launched stuff to the mun just for fun but have not even thought about landing + returning yet.

Playing this weekend I realized I pretty much forgot how to do everything I was practicing before. Contracts and science are cool though because they provide a sort of natural progression to the game that helps with the learning curve. A couple of the early contracts were giving me fits though, like the "test this giant booster but only in this certain altitude range and speed range". Like, ok what is the point of this again? And testing the decouplers and stuff while on the ground was another one I was trying to figure out what the point of the contract was. I guess just an easy contract?

Anyways, I did manage to finally get something up to orbit and back down to kerbin again but it wasn't pretty. I'd like to practice docking and making a space station but right now I can't imagine I would ever be able to intercept anything I launch out into space with a second rocket. Still got a lot to practice.

Also, whats up with the dozens of asteroids I can keep tracking? Do they do anything or do they just keep showing up randomly in case I feel like trying to intercept one? I keep tracking them and I think I'm up to like 40 or 50 so far. I've got 1 orbiting kerbin so thats kind of neat, almost like a 3rd mun.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

FF7 HD remake is officially happening! and it's going to be multi-platform! I know its not everyone's favorite, but I'm losing my shit!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'm getting an Xbone today. What games have I missed since launch that are worth tracking down and playing? I pretty much stopped console gaming when the Xbone/PS4 were released because I didn't want to buy any new games for the 360 that I wouldn't be able to play once I bought the xbone. Just took longer to buy the xbone than I was planning on.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Somewhat videogame related... My xbox live account was cancelled because my debit card expiration date changed and I did not update my info in time. Apparently when a card gets declined by the system, it is not allowed to be used again on my microsoft account. So I can't go in and change the expiration date now or even remove the card from my account, it just doesn't show at all. And I can't add a "new" card because the "new" card has the same card number just a new expiration date and code... but the system thinks it is the same card. ugh.

Thankfully I was able to chat with a friendly customer service rep who was able to delete the card so I could then add it again and renew my gold.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2534 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

I've never played pokemon, but I've always wondered, why are there more than 1 game every time a new game comes out? Are they the same game but just with different pokemon to trade? Are they completely different games? Do you just pick 1 or do you need to get both? Is it just a money thing where they split 1 game into 2 just to double the sales?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2563 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

Is it still worth getting destiny if I haven't already? I didn't want to get it for 360 when it came out because I knew I'd be upgrading to XBO soon, but when I finally got my XBO I felt like I had already missed the destiny boat.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2611 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Rhinox »

My EA account was just hacked. I just got an email that my email address was changed and if I didn't make the change there was a link to change it back and it told me to reset my password.

Clicked the link (was legit). Used forgot password link to change my pw. Started getting email confirmations from EA in Russian. Logged in with new password, saw language/location changed to Russian Federation, my ID was changed, security question was apparently changed (it was still showing up in Russian and even after translating the question no answer I would have given for that question was correct). Because I couldn't answer the security question I couldn't do anything about changing my ID back, resetting the security question, or doing anything else like turning on 2-factor identification. Googled to find a direct link to activate the trusted devices security option through Fifa17 login which bypasses the security question to activate trusted devices (requires code to login). With trusted devices enabled I was able to use the email code to reset my security question and change my ID back and I'll be leaving the option on so hopefully this won't happen again.

Just a little weirded out by this. I haven't used that account in a long while. Don't know how this could have happened or even why anyone would want to steal my account. I know the email address that the person tried to change the account to and I know the ID they changed the account to. I'm wondering if possible or smart to try to use that info to track down/scare whoever did this or if I should just be satisfied I was able to take steps to secure my account quickly enough. Anything else I need to do or watch out for? After googling some more, seems this has been pretty common over the past year (or more)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2770 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Rhinox »

In today's "How is that still a thing?" news... Runescape Mobile?

I could see that having the potential to take over my clash of clans obsession, if it's done well... I'd give it a try for the nostalgia alone anyways.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3030 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Rhinox »

This may only end in disappointment but damn this is pretty

Return to “The Arcade”