Site goes down constantly

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

It's not just one night.

It's practically every day.

On more days than not, there's outtages that people have been complaining about.

For instance, there was one today, lasting something like 15 minutes or so.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

This is a much larger issue than you're portraying it as, Flay.

-People are getting prodded, or even replaced, because every time they try to access the site, it's down, and when the site's up, they're not around. This wouldn't be so bad if it were a one-time thing, but it's happening consistently.
-As a result of the above, games are stalling. Moderators aren't immune to this themselves, forced to push back deadlines, forced to delay flips, delay game's ending, and so on and so forth, because of the downtime.
-These annoyances are causing a lot of frustrations. People are, to put it lightly, ticked off about it. If you ask around, you'll see a LOT of people showing that anger.
-Partially as a result of the above and partially because mafiascum.net's losing its reputation for reliability due to the frequent downtimes that last significant periods of time and strike multiple times a day now...people are talking about
leaving mafiascum.net and going elsewhere

Driving away users is NEVER a good thing.

This isn't some temporary problem that got fixed quickly. It's been plaguing the site for, what? A week? Two weeks? And it's getting worse, from what I've seen. More downtimes. Downtimes lasting longer. It's crippling the site. And that's really damn huge issue. I'm not sure how aware you are of it. But know that however bad you think it to be, the users of the site are seeing it far, FAR worse than that, at least as far as I can tell. The only interaction I can see so far is you saying that, essentially, it's not a big problem and that we'll have to deal with it.

But I'm here to tell you...it IS a big problem and people AREN'T dealing with it well. If you're aware of it being such a large issue...then you need to let others know as much. Because right now? Most users are in the dark. They don't know what the
hell
is going on; all they know is that the site they most love playing mafia on is not allowing them to reliably play mafia anymore. And if you can't fix it? You at least need to address it. A couple posts in the "help!" section aren't enough. Announcements in locations that few users even know about won't be enough.

You need to broadcast it everywhere. Make an announcement about the issue, and how serious it actually is. (SERIOUS. For instance, the site was down for over an hour last night. And a large portion of today, too!) Plaster it on the backup forum. Maybe have a disclaimer on the mafiascum.net home page itself that the site is experiencing issues. Because right now, people don't know why the integrity of their gaming experience is being compromised. (And, yes. This site downtime IS compromising a LOT of games! More and more games are piling up with people falling behind and/or replacing SPECIFICALLY because of the downtime.) They just know that it has been. And that's a problem.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Solved Requests”