Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

AT, what's your avatar supposed to mean?
In post 12, Venrob wrote:Now the issue is if i dont unvote im scum by your logic, but if i do im avoiding looking like scum, which also makes me scum. Lose-lose for me, so imma just keep being contrary.
But didn't you already accomplish the latter when you voted TSB and immediately said that you weren't scum?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:15 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't really see the issue there. Maybe.

Really what would be nice is to ask if anyone has played this setup. Basically getting to what mafia powers does everyone think are most/least valuable?

One observation I have... if scum do not recruit the Traitor, then the Traitor gets a 1-shot BP power. That could come into play later. Me personally, I think Role Cop would've been worth going for, but that's probably all I'd have wanted.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yes, the site has been down for me.

VOTE: Venrob until he answers my question.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Desp 49 wrote:That overexplanation is crazy scummy
Agree 100%. He also ignored my question despite the fact that I asked him to answer it twice. Venrob's is exactly like his : unsure and, as you aptly said, overexplanatory.

Top this off with the fact that Venrob didn't revote, and I'm now officially happy to be a part of the Venrob wagon.

---
Venrob 56 wrote:Hadnt, and still havent, read.
You didn't have the time to read one and a half pages of, essentially, a bunch of RVSish banter? :?
Venrob 57 wrote:If scum pick 2 roles and do not recruit (either 2 +daytalk or just 2) then goon cop is useless and gets same result on everyone. By choosing daytalk aswell there is a better chance of giving town the useless goon cop. If i were scum Id prob do this.
I read this five times and I still don't know what the heck you're saying.

Why would a "goon cop" (I'm assuming you mean role cop), be useless? The town has PRs.

---
anorway 68 wrote:Do a speed lynch ever end well?
Occasionally. I see nothing in Venrob's plea that makes me want to ease off. Self-voting is anti-town and, should Venrob flip town, at least we're ridding ourselves of an objectively anti-town player and not revealing any town PRs.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Err, scratch that. I looked over the setup again, I know what Venrob is saying about the Goon Cop. I had just never heard of that role before.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

UNVOTE: Venrob

That post felt pretty genuine, honestly. I hate that Venrob already claimed, but I am willing to unvote anyway.
Venrob 73 wrote:Also, I didnt re-vote? That is scummy? trying to get people lynched without good reason is town?
A vote is a very important tool not just for yourself but for the rest of the town. It needs to be used to help us analyze what you're thinking and why. I'm suspect of anyone that is reluctant to use their vote because everyone knows there is scum here somewhere. If you only have town reads, then you're not trying hard enough, frankly.

VOTE: anorway for . What prompted this? Also, if you really thought that the Venrob wagon was careless, why did you not vote someone that was on it?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Venrob 78 wrote:You asked me to vote someone.
:?

You're being stubborn.

---
ABR 83 wrote:TL;DR
8/10 would wagon again
Agree with this post. I do wish Venrob hadn't have claimed, but it could've been worse.

---
Umbrage 84 wrote:rolefishing to find out how the goon cop works?
How is that rolefishing? I took it as Venrob was just making a note that scum have an advantage in not having goons because of the goon cop role.
Umbrage 84 wrote:Tell me, how did you get from "go ahead and lynch Venrob he's anti-town regardless of alignment" to "nope he's genuine imma vote someone for getting rid of an RVS vote" in under an hour?
Venrob reads to me as town for that outburst. I think he's telling the truth that he's only had access with his phone. I think he answered my criticism of him not reading the game satisfactorily. I think him voting himself was bad, but then when he thought it over and unvoted himself, that showed me he took a second to step back and reconsider what was best for the town. I don't think Venrob as scum would've been that conivving as to orchestrate something like that.

As for anorway, you don't see a problem with him criticizing the Venrob wagon and yet being unable to find a place to put his vote?

---
Former 91 wrote:Blow me. My call for a hammer was due to the ate and the self vote.
What do you make of him unvoting himself after he was asked to?

---
Desp 92 wrote:I don't like that we stopped lynching Ven because his reaction "looked genuine" even though it was like his 4th reaction to what had happened.
Fourth reaction? ABR's L-2 vote and beyond is what I'm talking about.

---
Umbrage 96 wrote:Buddy? Anyone?
:roll:

Quit being simple. You can obviously check on that yourself.

---
anorway 98 wrote:RVS was already over by then, and I prefer to unvote my RVS votes.
Yeah, and I prefer you voting to both of those.
anorway 98 wrote: And voting someone on the wagon would be practically a random choice to me, since I use a lot of time before establishing any town or scumreads.
:?

I'm happy with my vote.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

TSB 107 wrote:Why are you voting Umbrage? (Living in the richest country in the world, and you don't even have a reason behind your vote, IT SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE!!)
Was this supposed to say "Why aren't you voting Umbrage?" or did you not realize that it was an unvote? I don't understand the first part of this otherwise. I agree with the second part though.
TSB 107 wrote:But going after an easy target is something I find suspicious. Is there no one on the Venrob wagon you find suspicious?
Both me and Umbrage were on the Venrob wagon for the record. What do you mean by "easy lynch"? Do you mean me, Venrob, or someone else?

---
Venrob 110 wrote:He is playing very much the same here as he was there (thus why i said it was getting confusing.)
Town won, and it was because red flipped scum.
I have over a hundred games on this site, so if you're truly basing your vote entirely on meta, then just having that one game is hardly doing your case justice. This is a weak vote. I still don't understand your previous ABR vote either other than you just being stubborn. I'm really starting to have trouble seeing how you're approaching this game as town.

---
Umbrage 114 wrote:getting town vibes from anorway ftr
What does ftr mean? "For that reaction"?

Also, why did you drop our conversation? Am I to assume you agree with the things I said about Venrob?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:39 am

Post by RedCoyote »

TvK, if you had to pick a wagon between anorway and Venrob, which would you pick and why?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 am

Post by RedCoyote »

TvK, are you suggesting that Acidic is coaching Venrob?

ABR, I agree with you, but everything Venrob has been saying except for leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. As of right now, I think I want them both to eat rope.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 135, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 134, RedCoyote wrote:TvK, are you suggesting that Acidic is coaching Venrob?

ABR, I agree with you, but everything Venrob has been saying except for leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. As of right now, I think I want them both to eat rope.
OMGUS?
:neutral:

That's really what you've taken from my recent posts?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Venrob, unvote yourself. You're acting like a child. You've played Mafia before, and you know how the game works. If you find yourself unable to handle the stress, then please replace out. As ABR says, you are harming your team regardless of alignment.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

ABR 183 wrote:Venrob flipping town changes my read on you; I think you're more likely to be town now. I wasn't as confident of my town read on Venrob as I made it appear, and I've seen suicidal scum make it out alive for posts like he made. I can see you having the same type of misgivings.
Just to build on this, wasn't enough to outweigh all the rest of the bad play to me. I mean, literaly I weighed all the posts Venrob made in my mind up against one another. When I said that was the only post that sounded townie, I meant that.

What irked me in particular was him voting himself a second time. The first time I disliked it until 73 when he ultimately unvoted himself and I saw that transition as one of a townie. When he did it a second time, it struck me as someone that was being emotionally manipulative or overly tactical. I think it was a reasonable lynch.
ABR 183 wrote:Do you think Desperado was desperato to lynch the first bandwagonned player, regardless of who it was or what their alignment looked like?
It's funny you bring up Desp, because, once again, I think this is a good direction to go. He didn't seem to have the same misgivings about Venrob as we did. Umbrage didn't either. Good vote.
ABR 185 wrote:Town:
Redcoyote
Umbrage
Albert B. Rampage
Acidic_TACO

Null:
anorway
Formerfish

Scum:
Desperado
Shockwave Rider
Dont_Vote_Me
TvK
So-so list. I guess we have more disagreements than I thought. anorway still needs to be in the scum section. SR seems kind of town to me. TvK I really liked for town until Venrob flipped town, but I still think his heart was in the right place. For me, potential scum candidates are anorway, Desp and DVM. Maybe Umbrage and Former.

---
Umbrage 187 wrote:DAT WAGON DISTANCE
I disagree strongly. I didn't care for SR's Formerfish vote, but it was reasonable. I don't even see what makes that juxtaposition of quotes you have here scummy. I see this as a player that saw a decent wagon on Venrob and pursued it. He then started reading him as town and was adamant about it. I have no problem with this.

---
AT 188 wrote:Makes no sense to me in hindsight as Venrob was town, Venrob was nervous and under pressure.
I disagree. It's weird to even phrase it like this... like, you're saying this was a good argument if Venrob was scum, but it's a bad argument now that Venrob has flipped town. I don't know. I mean, I get what you are saying, but I just hate the way this is phrased.

---
Desp 189 wrote:"Makes no sense in hindsight?" "Seems counterintuitive now?" You've got to be fucking kidding me. This isn't a case, it's retarded fluff to distract from the fact that he's just sheeping Albert.
I agree with what you are saying here. I don't think that necessarily means AT is scum though. AT's contributions in that specific post are incredibly weak sounding. I may be bias though because I agreed with your overexplanation argument.
Desp 189 wrote:This is pretty fucking rich coming from the guy who said "Forget about a replacement, I'm hammering now."
This is a good point. Hmmm...

You're saying good things; why do I still get scummy vibes off of you, Desp? Is it just the Venrob thing? I don't know. I can't make up my mind on you, but I won't be joining ABR right now in voting you.

VOTE: anorway

I still don't like the way he carried anorway carried himself yesterday. He was very unsure of himself. I just now realized that the reason anorway acted so shaky is that he may have been thinking that Venrob was the scumteam's unrecruited traitor.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

No, I take it back, Desp isn't scummy. I want that on the record. I'm comfortable with him as a townread. Same with ABR. In fact, let me just make a scumscale here.

[
Town
]-----ABR-----TvK--Desp-SR--[
]AT--Former-Umbrage---DVM----anorway-----[
Scum
]
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Umbrage 201 wrote:RC's town - he's wrong about everything but he's town
Give me more in regards to SR. I'm not seeing it at all. I could probably follow you on AT though.

---
AT 206 wrote:Bandwagoning moves the game along. If you would like to play a game where the game doesn't move, please stare at a wall for five hours a day.
Agreed. I don't like the rationale behind that vote either.

---
Formerfish 208 wrote:
Vote: Shockwave
I take it Venrob's flip doesn't affect your opinion on SR?

---
Umbrage 209 wrote:"BANDWAGONING IS GOOD FOR THE GAME"

"DESPERADO IS SCUMMY FOR BANDWAGONING"
This is a good point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

SR 221 wrote:That hammer looked scum motivated for me, and he hammered a player he apparently had a townread on.
I thought he explained it pretty well. Also, if he hadn't hammered, do you think someone else would have?

---
AT 222 wrote:Oh great another fucking homophobe...
[...]
btw kidding about the homophobe part.
lolwut

---
Umbrage 228 wrote:THEY NEVER MENTION EACH OTHER FUCK FUCK FUCK HOW DID I MISS THAT
What are you on about? I mentioned AT in my last two posts.

---
ABR 238 wrote:Taco for trying to divert attention to me by pawning off the work to Umbrage.
Good point, but I'm still not buying the SR hate.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Do you not remember what you wrote? Although this isn't the first time I've confused people about this. I'm just going to start quoting more of the person's post next time.

In , you voted SR for making an "off-the-wall" post. While I agreed with what you had to say about AT, I did not get what you meant by criticizing SR.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I referenced both parts, actually.

I didn't bother quoting you saying that you didn't like SR's latest post because I figured you would know what I was referring to given the fact that you're voting him and all. Does this really bother you or am I reading that tone into your post?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 273, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I see you quoting one thing and then referencing something else, in a completely different unquoted post, and expect everyone to catch on. What are your thoughts on DVM?
He's doing better. He still doesn't have much of a presence in the game though.
In post 284, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Redcoyote, can you make your vote more useful please?
UNVOTE: anorway; VOTE: Acidic_TACO

L-1.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

First I was buddies with Venrob, and now I'm buddies with AT. I wonder who my buddy will be tomorrow, Umbrage?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Damn, I had an inkling that Desparado was scum, but I dropped that suspicion on D2. I never really suspected ABR or SR at all this game. All three of the scum played pretty well! Like the Mod, I was also really surprised that Desperado wasn't lynched over anorway. Everyone here was pretty cool except for Venrob; I'm very disappointed in Venrob. Thank you, Mod. gg all.

Return to “Completed Open Games”