Open 539: Stacks on Stacks (This is Game...Over.)

Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Shockwave Rider »

VOTE: Acidic_TACO. I have a stomach ache and your name isn't helping.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:56 pm

In post 10, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 8, Shockwave Rider wrote:VOTE: Acidic_TACO. I have a stomach ache and your name isn't helping.
What if my name was AntiAcidic_TACO?
Makes me want to barf.
The Silver Bard wrote:
In post 17, The Silver Bard wrote:I think I will shoot one of ABR, cristovo or RedCoyote. Since they have decided not to come play that is. What do you guys think? Should I go for it? Or is there anyone of them you want me to take out of my hitlist?
Wherever your heart tells you, there discharge your bullet.

@Umbrage: What do you expect to get out of a random vote on a guy who's going v/la?

So no one wants to play huh?
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:58 pm

I didn't realize Venrob had already specified the length of his v/la in his first post. Plus Umbrage actually asked him a question.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 pm

In post 28, RedCoyote wrote: Really what would be nice is to ask if anyone has played this setup. Basically getting to what mafia powers does everyone think are most/least valuable?
I've never played this setup before. I think if I was scum I would pick one or maybe two modifications at the most. Probably role cop and/or daytalk.

I thought I was onto something with Umbrage but that last unvote looked town.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 pm

In post 43, TvK wrote: Wait, how did that unvote make him look town? I voted Taco for the exact same reasons as him. Is unvoting Taco because he doesn't know what he did wrong, even though he did something wrong, townish?
It's that he removed his vote when no one was calling him out for it. And that he said "that isn't a good tell at all," when scum aren't particularly concerned with the quality of the tells they use as long as they provide an excuse to make their votes.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Venrob. Yeah he went into too much detail with that unvote. Also failed to answer RedCoyote's question.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

In post 84, Umbrage wrote:rolefishing to find out how the goon cop works?
All the role pms are in post 3...

I don't like Formerfish calling for a hammer, particularly when his reason is that Venrob was being a "prima donna," which is not related to alignment.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Formerfish.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:18 pm

In post 110, Venrob wrote: He is playing very much the same here as he was there (thus why i said it was getting confusing.
Playing the same in what way?
In post 91, Formerfish wrote:Blow me. My call for a hammer was due to the ate and the self vote. I'm sick and tired of playing with people who think that is a legit way to play. You vote yourself and I will be more than happy to see you hang.
And you are playing in an anti-town manner by voting a player for alignment independent reasons and calling to reduce town's information by ending the day early. There's still a slot in this game that hasn't even posted.
In post 92, Desperado wrote:I don't like that we stopped lynching Ven because his reaction "looked genuine" even though it was like his 4th reaction to what had happened.

I don't think scum want to lock themselves into a claim this early when they don't have to.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:08 am

Venrob if you don't give any specifics no one's going to buy your RC meta case.
In post 127, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't think anorway really believes that there was a credible threat of a quickhammer. It seems more like "a good opinion to generally have" to keep off the radar. Something very general, that no one would really question, and counts towards the post count if someone ISOs you.
Eh some players just have that kind of playstyle. I make posts about avoiding quicklynches a lot myself.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 pm

In post 172, Acidic_TACO wrote:I still don't see how I'm scum...
I'd hope you wouldn't...
Umbrage wrote:literally his only contribution to the game thus far has been a vote on RC for meta reasons. A meta case based off A SINGLE GAME WHERE RC WAS SCUM.
Most people don't know how to use meta. Venrob is still most likely town and his wagon is ridiculous.

Meanwhile Formerfish is coasting by with minimal effort. He hasn't really said anything about any of the players in the game other than Venrob.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Desperado and Formerfish care to explain your votes on me?

I don't know why people see Albert as town. That hammer looked scum motivated for me, and he hammered a player he apparently had a townread on.
VOTE: Albert B. Rampage.
In post 187, Umbrage wrote:DAT WAGON DISTANCE
I explained why I thought Venrob was town. Scum in my experience doesn't prematurely rageclaim so it's a strong towntell for me. My earlier vote for him was just that, an early vote on page three.
Umbrage wrote:"BANDWAGONING IS GOOD FOR THE GAME"

"DESPERADO IS SCUMMY FOR BANDWAGONING"

yup I'm calling it: TACO + Desperado + Shockwave scum team
Why would would Taco be making a case on Desp in this manner if they're buddies.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm

In post 260, Desperado wrote:I think Taco and Shockwave are both scum and Taco looked like a more realistic lynch, so I switched. Problem?
Still waiting for you to make some kind of case on me.
anorway wrote: Where are you getting this from? As far as I remember, Albert was actually pushing for a Venrob lynch.
Albert said he townread Venrob in and beginning of .

@Albert: What do you find so off the wall about my post?
Umbrage wrote:I'm not fully convinced ABR is town, but he's been very useful so far,
How?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Why are people quickvoting with the way this game has gone so far? I don't want to vote yet but Umbrage is my top suspect. He's been pushing the wrong lynches all game, at least in his serious pushes, which are Venrob, Acidic, and me. The Venrob one was really bad. And now he's come out and voted anorway right of the bat, who he had as a strong town read the last time he mentioned him. Anorway is probably town too.
Umbrage wrote:anorway (THIS GUY'S TOWN I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER PEEP ABOUT IT)
He doesn't seem to think Anorway is scum in particular either, and he placed his vote on a player who's already got a quick vote on him. Umbrage took advantage of this town's willingness to quicklynch on day 1 and he's trying to do it again today. With no mention of who it seems would be his logical choices to vote, which are me and Desperado, who he seemed to think were basically confirmed scum:
Umbrage wrote:there's scum in TACO/Desperado/Shockwave

at least 2/3
He later indicated he didn't think Desperado was buddies with Taco, but he still thought Desperado was very scummy:
Umbrage wrote:he's trying to make it look like I'm flipflopping on Desperado

which I'm not, Desperado is scummy as hell, but Acidic is scummier and I don't buy them as buddies
What happened to your suspicion of Desp and I, Umbrage?
Umbrage wrote:I don't know who's what anymore and so far town is doing more to further the scum wincon than the scumteam
Also this is really hypocritical considering that Umbrage has been calling for quickhammers this game and is now voting a player who he doesn't even suspect. A player who is currently being voted by Formerfish, ffs.

Finally Umbrage I'd like you to explain your read on Albert. I don't understand how he's been helpful at all this game.

I'm still wary about Albert as well. That quickhammer day 1 was still bad, and I don't like how he brushed me off when I called him out on it.

Top 3:
Umbrage
Albert
Formerfish

Also TvK and Formerfish could you please explain your votes? This keeps happening in this game and it's pissing me off.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:43 am

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I have a really bad flu.

I don't think both Desperado and anorway are both scum. Probably just Desperado.

VOTE: Desperado.

Which mean that Umbrage is pretty much confirmed town.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:38 am

Albert do you still think no lynch is the best play?
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 am

No I think we should just lynch Desp.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 am

Actually I just can't believe Umbrage is town.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: anorway.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:45 am

In post 398, Desperado wrote:Newsflash: We strongmanned Bard. Taco's choice didn't matter.
I think the point is that claiming to have protected TSB is a more plausible claim than protecting TvK. So if he targeted TSB, he might not have gotten lynched.

GG everyone!

Return to “Completed Open Games”