Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 39, D3f3nd3r wrote:And now my rant about this game and Survivor in general:

How the hell do I play a non-UTR game without being the first person voted out like in Arkham?? I talk to people - like, a lot - over the game's course...
D3f, I used to have the same problem, and my advice would be to just make sure you keep talking to people. Always think of new things to say or new things to ask about, even if it feels like you're trying too hard. At the same time though, you have to not seem like a robot either (this may have been part of the reason why you weren't so popular in Arkham). If you're about to write a PM that only has one line, stop yourself unless it's an exceptionally good line (especially if the player in question is one of the more 'talkative' ones) and think of more to write because chances are that they're sharing big juicy PMs with someone else. Also, I find that with anons in particular, a lot of it is about getting to know other players and getting a feel for whether you could trust them or not, so let loose a little and show your personality/make one up, and if you like someone/feel close to them then make sure you let them know! (I mean, you don't even have to like someone to say that you like them, but small steps yo).

Note that all of the above is complete opinion and might not work for anyone but me, and also is dependent on how much effort you're willing to put in, but you may find some of it useful I guess?

Return to “Social Game Archive”