Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by kdowns »

In post 56, Crazy wrote:Another thought came to be - after a game is long over, the stuff players remember is not the challenges; rather, it's the other players, and the alliances and drama, etc. Just like Mafia, a cast of players creates a Survivor game far more than a mod does. Well-designed challenges and twists are a great thing, but they're more the icing on the cake than anything else.

I recall Bahamas had trouble getting enough players to join. I joined to help the game fill when I really did not have enough time or motivation to play. I was probably not the only one. Bahamas also had other games to compete with, and IMO nobody can play to their full capacity in two games at once; at any given point, one game will be a player's "favorite" and the other will suffer as a result, even if only slightly.

Perhaps Bahamas' biggest problem was not the design or the modding; it was simply that the player group was spread too thin. Some were playing two games when they should have been playing one, and some didn't have the time or energy to play at all. I would also speculate that in general, players give more time to anonymous games than non-anonymous games.

Is there any way to fix this without causing bigger problems, though? Probably not. Allowing only one game at a time would probably make the modding queue far too long. I would say, though, that a game that has significant trouble filling up should probably wait a couple weeks rather than trying to pick up players that really shouldn't be playing a(nother) game, though.
This Very Much This.

I think we need to actively try to avoid running an Anon and Non-Anon game at the same time. My problem also in Bahamas is, I really didn't care that much as I was more focused on Greece at the time. Ironically I was Voted out the Second Time in Greece at almost the same exact time I was voted out in Greece. It's just really hard to stay focused on two games at once.

And Also Since, I am officially retired from playing in Survivor Games, I'll review them if people want.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 67, Xalxe wrote:Alright, this has gone quiet so I'm going to put the Koopamod hat back on and propose a really simple solution: from now on, any large game, whether it be Survivor, Big Brother, or a new format must be either reviewed by somebody who is not playing or should have a co-moderator. Reviewers should be listed in the OP of any game threads as having signed off on the final version of the game. I think that if that policy is put into place, it'll help alleviate concerns that people have.

Topics for discussion:
- Can you, at any point, circumvent this process if you have proven you don't suck at things?
- Should any new idea be reviewed, even if it's not a large game? Example: I have a new board game I'd like to run, should someone be required to review it?
- Should there be some "approved" list of reviewers, or is a review accepted from anybody (at players' discretion, naturally)?
- Should I prevent a game from running until it has a review?
- Should I have a "naughty list" of mods who should maybe have a second reviewer, or is that just me being an elitist fuck?

Discuss.
1. Situational, Depending on the Person and probably should be put to a vote between the selected group of reviewers.
2. No
3. Yes, I think we should have an approved group of people to review the games. Preferably people that Have Modded and Played in a lot of games.
4. Situational, It really depends on who it is.
5. Yes.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:36 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 67, Xalxe wrote:Alright, this has gone quiet so I'm going to put the Koopamod hat back on and propose a really simple solution: from now on, any large game, whether it be Survivor, Big Brother, or a new format must be either reviewed by somebody who is not playing or should have a co-moderator. Reviewers should be listed in the OP of any game threads as having signed off on the final version of the game. I think that if that policy is put into place, it'll help alleviate concerns that people have.

Topics for discussion:
- Can you, at any point, circumvent this process if you have proven you don't suck at things?
- Should any new idea be reviewed, even if it's not a large game? Example: I have a new board game I'd like to run, should someone be required to review it?
- Should there be some "approved" list of reviewers, or is a review accepted from anybody (at players' discretion, naturally)?
- Should I prevent a game from running until it has a review?
- Should I have a "naughty list" of mods who should maybe have a second reviewer, or is that just me being an elitist fuck?

Discuss.
1. Situational, Depending on the Person and probably should be put to a vote between the selected group of reviewers.
2. No
3. Yes, I think we should have an approved group of people to review the games. Preferably people that Have Modded and Played in a lot of games.
4. Situational, It really depends on who it is.
5. Yes.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by kdowns »

[float=][float=][/float][/float]
In post 84, Chevre wrote:Once again this thread seems to have settled without conclusion. I feel like the Mish Mash community always comes up with great ideas like this (see: numerous attempts for the Mashies) but they are never fully realized. As someone who has had a role in disappointing the players of Survivors, I want to see this happen so that less users have to experience such a system failure. :)
That's at least what you think. There is more work being put to this than you think.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Post by kdowns »

You whore never responding to PMs.

I had a different idea in mind.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #99 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by kdowns »

HOLD ON. Typing up what I had in mind.

Everyone knows how I am when it comes to work.

Return to “Social Game Archive”