The Newbie Matrix6 stats thread (complete)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Eden
Eden
Townie
Eden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Eden »

I don't think so. You're getting significant p values, sure, but the number of attempts of each setup aren't significant (setup 1 has 18 iterations, setup 3 has 22, C has 15). I'd revisit this question once every setup has been tried 30 times and see if you're still getting significant differences
“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” - Henry David Thoreau
Eden
Eden
Townie
Eden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Eden »

There's a hundred
total
games, not a hundred
games with setup 1, C or 3
. Like Toomai said in the OP, the results of each individual permutation aren't significant yet (they're all in italics which indicates statistically insignificant results).

Like I said, give it a few months and we'll probably pass the 30-game threshold for individual setups and be able to compare from there.
“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” - Henry David Thoreau
Eden
Eden
Townie
Eden
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Eden »

Maybe? That's why I said I'd suggest revisit once we get more results. Like I said, the initial differences in these results aren't significant so we can't really extrapolate anything. In particular I'd expect the jailkeeper setup with such a high win % to regress toward whatever the eventual mean is going to be. Beyond that I don't think anyone can really guess.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”