Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 674, zoraster wrote:to be fair, it's not usually a mod who provides how big or small a game is.
Retired as of October 2014.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Equinox »

Coming soon to the Mini Normal Queue...

Mafia on the Metro

You've played Mafia in all sorts of places. Left villages in ruins, ransacked game tables, destroyed computer systems,
partied
nuked the planet to near-permanent radioactivity... But have you ever tried lynching someone on a moving train? Set in Los Angeles, this game will feature public transportation like you've never seen it before.

Now taking up to
4 reservations for spots on an upcoming midnight subway car out of Union Station!

Fine print:
  • The game has been reviewed for balance and Normalcy.
    Days will run for 14 days and Nights for 2 days.
    Players have 48 hours to post and 48 hours to answer their prods.
    No hydras, please.
Spoiler: Rules
Rules

All rules listed in the Boilerplate Game Rules (rev. May 14, 2013) page apply to this game except where contradicted in the additional rules below:
  1. Do not use
    #BF0000
    . All other formatting is fair game.
  2. Days will have a deadline of two weeks, and Nights will last 48 hours. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
  3. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period. Players who have been prodded have 48 hours to respond in the game thread before a replacement is sought. Saturday and Sunday will be considered a 24-hour period for purposes of activity.
  4. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). If no majority is reached at deadline or there is a majority of votes for No Lynch, the Day will end without a lynch. Once majority is reached, no further votes or unvotes will count.
  5. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to talk in twilight phase until the thread is locked, at which point Day ends. Dead players may not post until the game has been officially declared over; no "Bah!" posts.
  6. Actions not received by deadline will be considered forfeit. Actions may be submitted ahead of time and can be changed as many times as desired; at deadline, the last action that was submitted will be used. Actions may be submitted by any means where I can be contacted.
  7. All actions will be processed according to Natural Action Resolution.
  8. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  9. Any situations not covered above will be handled on an individual basis. I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

DANGAN RONPA MAFIA (coming soon to mini theme!!)

Thirteen super talented high school students plus one sadistic teddy bear is a recipe for success. Look at those accusatory glares. You know you want to pre-in.

More info:
13 players, closed setup, no bastard modding, no hydras please. Up to three pre-ins are allowed. Passingly reviewed by Nikanor. Days are 14 days, nights are 48 hours.
Spoiler: Rules (verbatim)
GENERAL RULES:
1. All general forum rules apply.
2. Don't directly quote any PM you receive from the mod.
3. Don't personally insult anyone you're playing with.
4. You can talk about meta from finished games but NOT ongoing games.
5. Don't pretend to be me. (why though??? why would anyone do that)

If any of the above rules are broken, I will post a GIF of Nic Cage shouting in despair – consider this a warning. Break them again and you will be replaced.

STUFF ABOUT THE GAME:
1. If you don't post for approximately two days, I will prod you and will start looking for a replacement if you don't respond in another 24 hours.
2. Three prods and you're out. Committed players are exactly what we need here.
3. If you're going to be V/LA then please post in thread so I know you are going to be away.
4. Day time will last two weeks max; night time will last two days unless someone asks for it to be longer to which I will grant only one one-day extension.
5. Vote with the bold or vote tag. Unvoting is NOT required when SWITCHING votes.
6. A lynch occurs when more than half the players have voted for the same person. After that, no one may change their vote.
7. No role may take more than one action in a single night, unless a mafia power role is the last member of his or her team alive. In that case, that player may use the factional kill and their power role ability on the same night.
8. If we don't get a majority before deadline then we will have a no-lynch.
9. After you're dead, please do not post in the thread until the game is over. (There's going to be a great QT which you can post in though.)
10. I will use the color fuchsia. Please don't use the color fuchsia as well.
11. There's probably only going to be one vote-count every 24 hours, so just a heads-up.
12. If you have a question or anything of the sort, bold it in thread or PM me and I will be happy to respond.
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:39 am

Post by Nexus »

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It's his third year, and the most shenanigan filled one yet. Blowing up his aunt, riding the Knight Bus, seeing a Grim, playing Quidditch, getting a crush, finding out a mental person wants to kill him, dementors, werewolves AND MAGIC!

Players: 20
Pre-ins left: 13
No cults. No bastard modding. No jesters.
I will be selective in who I let in. If you have ever flaked from one of my games, or I just plain don't like you, you're not getting in. Hydras may be allowed, but only public ones.
Trans rights are human rights.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Inspired by Incognito years back, I have decided to run it's successor in the form of
Mafia with the Quickness 2
. Not sure how many of you were around for the original, but here it is. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13108

Moderator:
Zachrulez
Game Type:
Large Normal
Number of Players:
Start Date:
Not sure how long it takes to get through the Large Normal queue. Would expect to be ready for signups by May?
Length:
I am expecting this game to have a maximum length of around 3 weeks to a month.

Other info. Day phases will be 4 days. 5 if the day phase rolls through a weekend. Prod cycle will be 24/12. Night will last 24 hours. Ruleset will be modified from this form. (Deadline and activity requirements will be different. Rest of rules will be tweaked.)

This game will be run with activity requirements such that having an inactive playerslot is unacceptable. I will make attempts to replace slots as necessary but any slot that remains inactive for a time period equivalent to one day and night cycle will be modkilled. (5-6 days.) For this reason, consider whether or not you will be able to fulfill a commitment to play this game from start to finish.

To that end, I'm requiring IC status to sign up for this game with a relatively good record of finishing games. If you have SE status, PM me with a record of your completed games and you may be accepted into the game as well.

I will confirm that there's no pre-in limit with Tierce, but for now will adhere to the 50% pre-in rule and allow 9 pre-ins at most.

No hydras please.

Pre-in list:

To PM:
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

For some reason, I can't edit my post, but Sotty7 is going to be my backup mod for the above game.
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Eleven »

Disney Princess Mafia

It's the coronation of Princess Elsa as a true Disney Princess. A cause for celebration, a cause for joy. What could possibly go wrong? With lots of royalty in attendance from across the many Disney films everything's just gonna go off without a hitch, I bet! Don't miss your chance to attend and join the fun.

• Micro Game - 9 player game.
  • 10 day deadlines.
  • 4 pre-ins available. PM now to get an invite!
  • Should be in the queue in the next week, if not earlier.
Modded by KittyMo and Faraday. Come on, join. It'll be fun!

We reserve to right to refuse entry based on past interactions, etc. Please have completed at least 1 game outside the newbie queue without flaking.
A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
Perpetually Nonsensical
Perpetually Nonsensical
Goon
Perpetually Nonsensical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Perpetually Nonsensical »

Reserved for edits.

College Undergrads V TAs, just like real life. 9p. Gaiden's setup.

Micro game, you, us, let's go.

Okay.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Currently in Signups!

Ikaruga Mafia

A 22 player game featuring a unique polarity mechanic. Each night, each player can switch their polarity from Light to Dark, or vice versa (unless told otherwise). Any night actions they perform will be the same polarity as the one they choose. If that action targets a player of the opposite polarity, then the action goes through. If it targets a player of the same polarity, then the action is absorbed and blocked. Note: Polarities are not the same as alignments, so there will be no alignment changes in this game. As you might imagine, this game will be swingy, as successful actions rely on choosing correctly. As such, it is recommended that you have played at least one large theme game.

There are 6 pre-ins left. PM me if interested.
Last edited by Bulbazak on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:21 am

Post by shos »

Coming Soon...a new mini:

During the middle of the second age, in the fires of Mount Doom was forged a ring. That ring was malevolent - and
powerful as no other object; and wielding it, the Necromancer - Sauron - was almost too powerful to fight against.

It is now the third age of Middle Earth. The free peoples of Middle Earth are on a quest to destroy this ring - but
the enemy forces will not rest to prevent that.

Will they succeed?

~~~~~~~

Presented to you a game featuring:
  • Special and unique mechanics
  • Interesting flavor
Game balanced by RedCoyote, JacobSavage, PenguinAlien and Antihero
I'm accepting 3 Pre-ins - PM if interested! ---these are now filled; if you'd like me to PM you when the game is in signups, PM me.

Recommending knowledge of flavor!!
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Perpetually Nonsensical
Perpetually Nonsensical
Goon
Perpetually Nonsensical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:19 pm

NEW COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

Course name: Mafia 186
Limited Seating. 9 seats including 2 TA seats
Prerequisites: None
Brief Description: Tenured Professors, Dr. Bert and Dr. Gaiden, leading authorities on Evolutionary Mafia and Applied Lylo Philosophies, are overseeing an undergraduate course on Game Theory focused on deception, democratic execution and logic.
From the Lecturers:
Each lecture, the class will vote for a student to be "removed" from the class. Two Teaching Assistants will be mixed with the class. It will be the goal of the 7 Undergrads to remove both. Between lectures, one Undergrad, the ICiser, will be allowed to ask us if a student is an Undergrad. If the student is an Undergrad, we will announce to the class that the student is an Undergrad. If the student isn't an undergrad, then the ICiser will be removed from the class. There will be no Homework and you are guaranteed to pass. If you remove both TAs, then everyone who participated will get a "A". However, if you fail to remove them, everyone who participated will get a "D".

Grading Scheme: Letter
Attendance Mandatory.
Accepting early registration for the course. 4 spots open.

tldr Open setup coming soon to Micro queue. 2 goons (no daytalk), 6 VTs, 1 ICiser (Weak). 4 prein slots open.
Sucrose
Sucrose
Goon
Sucrose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by Sucrose »

In post 685, Perpetually Nonsensical wrote:
NEW COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

However, if you fail to remove them, everyone who participated will get a "D".[/i]
So we're guaranteed to at least pass? :P
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Mac »

Prison Break Mafia

- Are you a fan of the series Prison Break?
- Maybe you're a fan of Wentworth Miller and his devilishly handsome tattoos?
- Are you a fan of great first seasons and disappointing finishes?
- Maybe you just like me?

If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then Prison Break Mafia sounds like it would be excellent for you! Currently in the mini theme queue, this is a 13 player game based on Prison Break, the tv series that showed promise and in the end, disappointed all!*

6 pre-in slots available. Ensure you don't miss a spot in Fox River now!

*Cannot guarantee this game will not reflect the series, and not disappoint either. No wait, it definitely won't!
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Arcadia Act I

Arcadia, home of the infinitely powerful Fae. Governed by the Queen and her Regents--those exceptional Fae who have excelled such a mastery in something that they became the living embodiment of it--the city has remained hidden from the lesser races and the many multiverses beyond since time memorial...but amongst the Fae, trickery is commonplace and to their limitless lives, plots can span aeons...

---
-Reviewed by Cabd
-9p Micro
-Minor bastard mechanics
-Actually balanced!
-Two preins left!
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

B_E's Mind Mafia

This setup was just finished in my mind. It hasn't even been reviewed yet!!!!!!! It's like 1000000000000th in the mini normal queue!

But I'm impatient, therefore posting this now.

Play as the convoluted and terrible mind of Burning_Earth. Will B_E continue succumbing to his mafia and mtg addiction? Will he become a drug addict, breaking the law and being a demented wreck? Will he actually DO WELL AT SCHOOL, as he used to to before he got into uh, this mafia thing? Well, the only way to find out if B_E will stop his terrible mafia addiction... is to play a mafia game about it :facepalm:. Play B_E's Mind Mafia, expected to run in two million years.

Pre-ins (6 left)

Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

Also, for the above game you need one completed game (this could be a newbie).
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 12:37 am

Post by Burning_Earth »

Oh and only 1 two head, all heads disclosed hydra
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat May 10, 2014 7:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

Coming to a micro queue near you.

Setup: Theme
# Players: 9
Flavor: Based on Irish mythology, http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tuat ... anann.html
Hydrae welcome,
4 3 2
1 pre-in available.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun May 11, 2014 7:58 am

Post by Antihero »

Coming soon to the Large Theme Queue...

Organic Chemistry

Think drawing vanilla will stop you from having a night action? NOT SO.

17 players; 4 inventors, 1 back-up inventor; knowledge of organic chemistry is not required, but you're awesome if you have it

Now accepting pre-/ins. Hydras are welcome (as long as they have only 2 heads).

1/11 pre-/in slots filled.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Toomai
Toomai
Goon
Toomai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Toomai »

I'm not entirely sure whether it's the right thing to post in here, but I have a Large Normal that's been in signups for a month and is only about half full, so it could really use more players. One more hydra is allowed, and it can't have more than 2 heads.
This should be required reading for...everyone for anything, really.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue May 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

In post 694, Toomai wrote:I'm not entirely sure whether it's the right thing to post in here, but I have a Large Normal that's been in signups for a month and is only about half full, so it could really use more players. One more hydra is allowed, and it can't have more than 2 heads.
Yes yes yes yes yes so much this.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Similarly to above, Ikaruga Mafia needs 6 more people and has until Sunday to fill. Help Bulba out and join.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 679, Zachrulez wrote:Inspired by Incognito years back, I have decided to run it's successor in the form of
Mafia with the Quickness 2
. Not sure how many of you were around for the original, but here it is. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13108

Moderator:
Zachrulez
Game Type:
Large Normal
Number of Players:
Start Date:
Not sure how long it takes to get through the Large Normal queue. Would expect to be ready for signups by May?
Length:
I am expecting this game to have a maximum length of around 3 weeks to a month.

Other info. Day phases will be 4 days. 5 if the day phase rolls through a weekend. Prod cycle will be 24/12. Night will last 24 hours. Ruleset will be modified from this form. (Deadline and activity requirements will be different. Rest of rules will be tweaked.)

This game will be run with activity requirements such that having an inactive playerslot is unacceptable. I will make attempts to replace slots as necessary but any slot that remains inactive for a time period equivalent to one day and night cycle will be modkilled. (5-6 days.) For this reason, consider whether or not you will be able to fulfill a commitment to play this game from start to finish.

To that end, I'm requiring IC status to sign up for this game with a relatively good record of finishing games. If you have SE status, PM me with a record of your completed games and you may be accepted into the game as well.

I will confirm that there's no pre-in limit with Tierce, but for now will adhere to the 50% pre-in rule and allow 9 pre-ins at most.

No hydras please.

Pre-in list:

To PM:
This setup is now being run as a large theme. I have not changed the setup though and it was designed with normalcy in mind.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p5906353

As a result of the game being in the large theme queue now, hydras are welcome! Pre-ins as well!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2014 11:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

SUBURBAN WARFARE MAFIA

moderated by: xRECKONERx
backup moderator: InflatablePie
reviewed by: Faraday, AngryPidgeon, zoraster, InflatablePie

In the quiet suburb of Wakeflower, things get pretty intense. When the yearly parade of homes comes through, some housewives get downright vicious in their competition with the other "bitches", as they call them. When barbecue and bloc party season is on the horizon, some families drop thousands of dollars on fancy new solar-powered grills and bigger, deeper pools in order to one-up their neighbors. But when Jim Furley (the 66-year old bachelor who ran the Homeowner's Association for years) was found dead at the entrance to the subdivision, everything changed. Now, the question is... can these snotty families put aside their differences long enough to solve the murder? Or will their own hatred and vitriol consume them?

GAME INFORMATION
  • Neighborhoods
    : The game will be for 16 players, divided into four "neighborhoods", representing the four culdesacs on which the players reside (Oak Court, Pine Street, Cedar Street, Maple Court). These four-player neighborhoods will have night talk.
  • Role Mechanics
    : While you
    may
    see a smattering of traditional-use roles, there will be at least
    some
    roles in the game that utilize the neighborhood mechanics in an interesting way. (IE, may target an entire neighborhood with an ability, etc)
  • Power Roles
    : This game is effectively vanillaless. There are no "vanilla townie" roles in the game, and every role will have at
    least
    one ability (passive or active).
  • Balance
    : As is, the setup is mostly balanced. However, as is the norm with mechanics-heavy, vanillaless games, it's impossible to stretch out every possibility and have it be balanced. This game will be mighty swingy, however, it's not
    breakable
    by any means.
  • Setup Information
    : This is not multiball. There is one scum team of 4, and one town team of 12.
  • Flavor
    : Flavor was implemented after-the-fact, as this game was designed mechanically and then had flavor applied to the mechanics. Flavor won't be overtly offensive (a la Gay Mafia), but will probably feature some curse words and adult content.
I have
pre-in slots available.
green shirt thursdays
Perpetually Nonsensical
Perpetually Nonsensical
Goon
Perpetually Nonsensical
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:12 am

Dr. Gaiden's Invigorating Enterprise

Mini Theme based on Austin Powers.

13 players, currently in signups. Not bastard or normal.

Return to “Queue”