Private Topics Discussion (Now with Mish Mash)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'll have to remember the dice rolls to determine role draws. It would be nice to just have that as a provable reference.

But that means I wouldn't get to use the Random Generators Shell anymore. :(
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 77, zoraster wrote:Rerolling is absolutely manipulation of results.

My general thought is that if I've been tempted to manipulate results (I have), and if there's a ZERO percent chance of being caught, at least some fairly sizable portion of the population will choose to manipulate. My desire to provide a completely unbiased game will not be shared by all those who share my temptation to manipulate.

Truth be told, the systems I put in place are there to help remove that temptation so that I don't have to wrangle with it every time I do a new game.
I'm not as pessimistic as zora here, but I know he's right.

I... I close my eyes and hit refresh an arbitrary and frivolous amount of times. Then I stop, open my eyes, and that's it; that's the draw. Then I say, "Locked in. No fear. No regrets. The first day of the rest of your life. #YOLO Game on. God bless America. We built this city on rock and roll." Then I drop the mic and everyone applauds as I exit the stage.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 96, Cabd wrote:Chamber, how hard would it be to modify this to allow setting up main game threads with an approved poster list?
This actually may be good so that mods can exercise more control over hydras. Often times hydra players inadvertently post in incorrect accounts, especially players that juggle several different accounts.

So if only the hydra account can post in the thread, it eliminates the issue of wrong accounts posting.

Also, the obvious, it could prevent any trolling from players coming into game and trying to spoil it or something. I've actually never seen this happen before, but I'm sure it's not unprecedented. I could see it being especially useful in newbie games when someone is lynched in a controversial way and they show the potential to out their partners in some emotional outburst.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 193, N wrote:Myth: busted.
I often fantasize how wonderful life would be with the likes of N and SleepyKrew following me around with their snarky observations and delectable wit.

Mafiascum. I tell people: come for the Mafia; stay for N & SK.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Who'd have thought this thread would create such controversy!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”