The StarCraft II thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1746 (isolation #200) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Post by AGar »

LJD. Don't let me down.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (isolation #201) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1749, Kinetic wrote:Meh, at the same time you don't hear the Kespa players speaking out against it.

Have you actually seen KeSPA's track record? Not even their whole issues with Gretech and MBC/OGN before that. I'm talking the shit they do that just doesn't make sense to players. They had such an impact on several games that they even made TeamLiquid's power rank once. Their idea of "free agency" almost led to Jaedong retiring based on issues that arose with how it was run.

They are extremely controlling, and generally stepping out of line with their opinion is suicide.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (isolation #202) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by AGar »

Actually, we're all pretty sure KeSPA is going to wait until they can leverage the shit out of GOM (aka, the KeSPA players start dominating all around - within six to ten months would be my guess) and then just kill GOM.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (isolation #203) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by AGar »

As far as I can tell, Blizzard really isn't any position to pull the plug now on KeSPA. They got their licenses, as far as I understand, they're shit is good as golden. Now KeSPA just sits patiently until next October, playing nice. Their players get good and surpass the ESF players with their superior work ethic and insane regimens (those 14-hour days aren't going anywhere anytime soon, compare that to any ESF team-house and it's like going from boot camp to pre-school), and whatever relevant players are remaining on the ESF teams get poached by the fat stacks KeSPA teams have backing them from their corporate sponsors. KeSPA has already started to do their catering to the international audience with English casters now (go fuck yourselves, all of you - btw). GOM dies a slow painful death as they slowly bleed out when KeSPA flexes their muscle. KeSPA players will get pulled and scheduling conflicts will arise out of nowhere.

Also, Blizzard still wins out because people buy HotS and Void-of-whatever and keep watching their game be played and collecting their cut of the pie. They're not going to shut down OSL/PL because KeSPA isn't playing nice with GOM - KeSPA will proceed regardless, for starters, and plus GOM still loses when their league doesn't have any relevant players.

International scene isn't exactly booming guys. MLG Summer Championships had one of the lowest turnouts since SC2 hit the Pro Circuit. Foreign players as a mass do not have the drive that their Korean counterparts do, and this gap is now nearing the point of no return. Fewer foreigners will place in events, and there will be a sect of viewership that tunes out pretty soon. The oversaturation of the Korean players is already a major turnoff for me in the international scene. I didn't even watch any of TSL this time around, because it was basically Code A light. Most events are becoming that with a few foreign players making some splashes but standing no real chance. Slowly, we're probably going to approach the old segregation we had in Brood War, which is sad because this was the chance the players had to close most of the distance in front of them in BW.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (isolation #204) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:02 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1771, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I hate mirror matchups so much. Literally every TvT I play goes to 30+ minutes (mostly because of my preference for mech play) and the last one just went up to 63 minutes.

Welcome to Brood War TvT, where every game was an hour long slow waltz of seige tanks and wraiths!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (isolation #205) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by AGar »

I'd be available to organize a tournament (prior experience, neutral party yadda yadda) although I will say previous attempts suffered from pretty severe apathy in actually scheduling the matches.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1816 (isolation #206) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:33 am

Post by AGar »

Nice.

Also, I find it funny that near half of the Code A qualifying spots were KeSPA players. Enjoy it while it lasts, ESF teams.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1818 (isolation #207) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm just saying, look at how quickly they've already swarmed that. It'll be a climb, but it's not going to be a long one, I don't think. We'll see how they fare in Code A, some of them are top-line players who should probably do fairly well (EffOrt, FlaSh, Jaedong should all make at least Up and Down matches).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (isolation #208) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1821, Kinetic wrote:
In post 1818, AGar wrote:I'm just saying, look at how quickly they've already swarmed that. It'll be a climb, but it's not going to be a long one, I don't think. We'll see how they fare in Code A, some of them are top-line players who should probably do fairly well (EffOrt, FlaSh, Jaedong should all make at least Up and Down matches).

But at the same time we've been seeing a lot of stagnation in Preliminaries and Code A. We still have Cella and TheWind nearly making it into Code A. The way I see it, I certainly expect Kespa players to break in, and maybe eventually make up 20-30% of all Code A/S caliber players within the next 2-3 months. But I don't see them breaking much further than that, or reaching the height of Code S, for a bit more time. Will they eventually completely overtake ESF? Maybe, that is yet to be seen, but I don't think anyone is going down without a fight. And I don't think the sky is falling quite as you're predicting it.

I'd be willing to bet cash that within 3 seasons, more than a third of Code S is players from KeSPA teams, and that they will take at least half of the top 16 slots in that season.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1833 (isolation #209) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by AGar »

It'll actually put the KeSPA pros even closer to the GSL players, since it's going to reset a lot, and the KeSPA team houses are likely to continue their manic practice regimens, while I don't really see the ESF team houses shaping up to that level.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1866 (isolation #210) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:03 am

Post by AGar »

I want this game.

But I'm not excited about paying $60 for me to just play campaign.

Although my computer can actually handle it now so...

Hrmmm.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1871 (isolation #211) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:26 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1867, Iecerint wrote:You can also download the fan-made Starcraft Classic legacy missions, if you're a player who goes back and plays the original SC campaign regularly. It's done very well.

I have the original SC still sooooo

In post 1869, tanstalas wrote:
In post 1866, AGar wrote:I want this game.

But I'm not excited about paying $60 for me to just play campaign.

Although my computer can actually handle it now so...

Hrmmm.

It's not $60.

Still.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (isolation #212) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:59 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1904, tanstalas wrote:
In post 1901, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1896, UberNinja wrote:
In post 1885, tanstalas wrote:
In post 1879, Iecerint wrote:It would be helpful if someone with a page 1 post (e.g., TBM) could update the table with everyone's information, since ReaperCharlie isn't on the site anymore.

hi

you called?

he's trying to make the you = reapercharlie joke =\

it wasn't that funny to start, but you explaining it made it even less funny.

I chuckled, then he explained it, and a piece of me died inside.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (isolation #213) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by AGar »

I keep seeing people post "Klaz" and it brings me back to my SC2GG days with Klazart.

I miss that Irish fuck.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2013 (isolation #214) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2011, Claus wrote:Dat GSL RO16 Group B.... wow
Sadly, in my experiences, most Groups of Death were letdowns. Except the one MSL where it was ridonculous in the Ro32 (Jaedong, Flash, Hwasin and FBH in one group).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (isolation #215) » Thu May 09, 2013 11:49 am

Post by AGar »

So IdrA just found a lot more in common with Tim Tebow...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (isolation #216) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by AGar »

Kawaii's a little nub. XD

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2215 (isolation #217) » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2210, Bub Bidderskins wrote:I wanted to try my hand at SC2, so I downloaded the free starting game where you can only play Terran (fine by me, since I'd pretty much only play Terran in anyway). I have a little experience with SC1, but there are so many new units in SC2 that not much of that experience carries over. Any good advice for starting out? Easy Terran build orders? Also, what are some good websites for SC2?
Ask, and ye shall receive.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (isolation #218) » Sat May 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by AGar »

Speaking of Brood War (a month plus later), does anyone have any interest in playing ACTUAL Brood War? I know ICCUP still have a version for their gateway available on their website, and they still have a launcher that still actually works and the gateway is still a thing.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2244 (isolation #219) » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2243, GuyInFreezer wrote:Legacy of the Void in pre-purchase now!
I grabbed it.

Staaaaahp.

Stahpitnaw.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2252 (isolation #220) » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by AGar »

I am so goddamn bad at this game.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2261 (isolation #221) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by AGar »

Holy shit, Flash retired.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (isolation #222) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by AGar »

Woah.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2277 (isolation #223) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:48 am

Post by AGar »

All of my hype and love.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2290 (isolation #224) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by AGar »

*taps mic*

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (isolation #225) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by AGar »

This thing on?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2293 (isolation #226) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:56 am

Post by AGar »

I've been playing a bit more lately and also watching games. Trying to commit 1-1-1 timings to memory because that seems to be the main opening for Terran? Also lost on where to go for build orders since TL is no longer the place apparently. Their strategy subforum is a wasteland.

Return to “The Arcade”