Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Blackberry »

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, but to start out with...

Can Boycott / Imagine Breaker prevent someone from turning into a Ghost (via Beyond the Grave)? I was going to happen what asks if someone has turned into a Ghost then Boycott/Imagine Breaker are used, but I realized Beyond the Grave is immune from other powers and assume they can't de-ghost someone?
Neither Boycott nor Imagine Breaker can interfere with passive abilities. Thus, neither will prevent Ghosting nor nullify Ghosting.

Can someone explain what an Imagine Breaker is? ^_^
???

If someone has Yin Essence & uses All In, then their Offense is multiplied by 3 (1.5 * 2?)?
Activating All In would discard Yin Essence.

Imagine Breaker indicates that (all) powers may not affect the owner directly, so if someone wins Imagine Breaker, then they can not powers like Crystallize or Yang Essence or Antimatter Body (etc) if they won them, correct?
Imagine Breaker/Boycott only interferes with active abilities. Antimatter Body, Yin/Yang Essence is a passive ability, and would be unaffected. Crystallize is an activated power, so the player would be unable to activate it on herself.

When someone becomes a Ghost from Beyond the Grave, do they keep their powers?
Yes.
Last edited by Caycedo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Blackberry »

Also, does Boycott cancel out powers that have taken effect (such as Spell of Beserk)?
No, as Spell of Berserk was already activated, and its effect is now passive.

Also, how does Boycott/Imagine Breaker work with Antimatter Body? If I have Antimatter Body and someone uses Boycott/Imagine Breaker, then do I go back to losing energy when damaged that round and my death condition goes back to reaching 0?
Boycott/Imagine Breaker do not nullify Antimatter Body, as it is a passive ability.
Last edited by Caycedo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 23, Thurhame wrote:Boycott only negates active powers (used) that round, so I assume it wouldn't affect Passives like Beyond the Grave or Antimatter Body, or continued effects like Spell of Berserk's effect. Which also means it wouldn't affect Imagine Breaker's passive, making my first question moot.

I second the Yin Essence + All In question. Are their effects considered consecutively (e.g. for an attack of 20, Yin Essence gives a bonus of 10, then All In gives a bonus of (20+10=) 30) or are both bonuses calculated off the base attack strength?

Imagine Breaker is the ability of Kamijou Touma, protagonist of
A Certain Magical Index
and major character in
A Certain Scientific Railgun
. It resides in his right hand and nullifies any supernatural effect he touches, be it psychic abilities, magic, whatever.
After re-reading, I realized All-In indicates you discard all your other powers, so that question was moot. :oops:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Imagine Breaker:

Activated powers may not directly affect you. Power-based attack and defense bonuses used against you are ignored. Once per round, during the allocation phase, you may spend 25 energy to negate
all
"activated"
powers of a single player for one round.
So we're changing this?

Imagine Breaker edited for clarity

Can Power Bomb only be used on "activated" powers?

Power Bomb edited for clarity

Are Wounded Rage and Fickle Shield passive powers?

Both are Activated Powers, as the user chooses whether they take effect or not

If someone with Beyond The Grace also has the Yin or Yang Essence, then upon their death, in accordance with the Essence, do they lose their Essence before turning into a Ghost?

The player would forfeit Yin/Yang Essence upon the activation of Beyond the Grave.
Last edited by Caycedo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 53, Caycedo wrote:

A couple points of clarification:

1. In regards to Batman Captions, the wording is a bit unclear, so I will interpret it like so:

-Batman Captions will activate for every attack you make against a player. If I had 30 energy, and I used to to make 3 attacks of 10 against 3 other players, Batman Captions would activate 3 times, one for each player.

I will also rule that Batman Captions is a passive ability, as it's activation is automatic.

Also, to clear things up regarding Peanut, Peanut the Hungry Mutant Rabbit will attack the player who spends the least energy and the most energy trying to distract her.

Submission deadline is 9pm EST June 13th.
I would like to contest this. Although the wording is iffy, it does say *Damage*, not Attack. So you'd have to go by number of sets of Damage. Also - your wording suggests he can only use Batman Captions on players he attacks, which is not at all what the power describes.

Also, if Batman Captions is passive, then I assume Fickle Shield is as well given the reasonings why you stated Batman Captions was passive. Although to be honest (even though it would disadvantage me), I think anything that the player has a choice in is technically something we choose to activate, as it is not automatic if we have to do something/choose for it take effect.

On a side note, I don't quite understand why the original power of Boycott was changed to only affect certain powers. I don't think there should have been a distinction of "activated" vs "passive" - but that's just my personal opinion. :P
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:35 am

Post by Blackberry »

Dear Beloved Caycedo,

I am writing to inform you that I miss you. I can't wait for you to come back to my world.

I await your return.

XOXO

The Blackberry
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Would y'all like me to just take over, I will remove myself from the game, and we can begin Round 1 again (and I'll remove the bunny as well ^_^)?

DiplomatDC - there are no rules on starting a new thread ^_^.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #75 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Do we want BRAND NEW or REDO where everyone keeps their powers? ^_^

Return to “Social Game Archive”