Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 27, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 24, I Love Fairies wrote:
In post 403, I Love Fairies wrote:Keep in mind that I don't vote unless I feel strongly about something.
I don't like to vote unless I'm actually serious about lynching the person that I'm voting for, but, I guess it's scummy for me not to so or something (which I disagree with) so to oblige:

VOTE: Kitty

Less random than the rest of the votes. Random bandwagon followers strike me as more likely to be scum than most, particularly if they don't provide any actual reasoning. Like, it's fine to vote for me, but if you're going to vote against me and not provide any reasons, how do you expect me to respond? I can't. That's unfair and that's how mislynches come about, and that's how scum wins. Thus, we can conclude that those who vote with no reason, whether bandwagoning or not, are scummy.
So you disagree with the vote on Kitty because its a random bandwagon but you jump on anyway? WTF?

UNVOTE: OkaPoka
VOTE: ILoveFairies
At least be honest and admit you're voting Kitty because she voted you.

VOTE: Fairies
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

If Shinobi is scum but ILF is town, would Shinobi defend ILF if Shinobi sees an ILF lynch as inevitable for the cred of having defended a townie? I see that as almost as likely as Shinobi defending scumbuddy ILF. Still kind of early and hard to get major reads on anyone, but both of those two players concern me the most right now.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 119, Octopus wrote:Some more questions I didn't have time to post earlier.

@elk:
I'd like an answer to this also.
In post 29, Grib wrote:
Snip->

Hey elk, would you say it's OMGUS if you vote for someone voting you, 100% all the time, regardless of context?
@ILF:
In post 38, I Love Fairies wrote:
->
I didn't say I thought Kitty to be mafia necessarily, just that I find her slightly more likely to be mafia than anyone else in the thread.
Why?

@shiny:
Can you expand on your reasoning in post 94 as to how the double vote count is handled is indicative of Grib's alignment?

And... for some reason the emphasis I added to Kitty's post earlier went in the wrong place, it should have been on the first sentence.
I would say that it's OMGUS voting to always vote someone who is voting you, regardless of the context in which they were voting you. On the flipside, it is not always OMGUS to vote a person who is voting you if, for example, you think their reasons for voting you are scummy, but you need to be careful. Not sure which you were asking, your wording was ambiguous. In this particular case, I found ILF's vote's reasoning lacking, and felt that ILF was committing an OMGUS vote.

As for my late entry with my first post, I rely on email notifications of site PMs, and unfortunately the one for my role PM for this game got nabbed by my spam filter, so I missed my role PM until the Day had started by a little.

I think the mechanics of the doublevoting role are of interest to legitimate townies, because I could also believe that a scum would fake an unconfirmable/unconfirmed doublevoting role to get conftown status, to comment on the discussion in #121
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 242, bjc wrote:As long as you all know I'm town and let me hammer.
I have a really bad feeling about this post. I don't think it's a thing a townie would say. But I'm hesitant to vote him in case he's a PR. :(
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:29 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Tattletales, willing to comment on your predecessor's play?

Boonskiies consistent "I said people were scum but not scummy" reads as patent prevarication to me, and I fully support boon's lynch happening.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:06 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Analyzing nightkills is a dangerous game to play, but can often lead to some accurate results. As others have said, the NK really only makes sense if we assume massive-scum, so that might be valid. On the other hand, Boonskiies seems to be lying through his teeth, and ILF's play was scummy, but I'll give ILF's replacement a chance to see if it was just mistakes or if there's scum motivation. God knows I've made enough mistakes even in my short mafia-playing career, and I'd hate to mislynch a townie just over poor play.

On the other hand, bjc is dangerously reckless, and I'm not convinced his "I AM THE HAMMER" style of play is a legitimate town decision. If we're going to have to choose between ILF and bjc in terms of antitown but possibly town players, I'd sooner lynch bjc than the ILF slot, as ILF has been replaced, and a rampaging hammer of "justice" is more likely to screw us over than basically any other play from a townie.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:22 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 356, massive wrote:
In post 353, Tattletale wrote:In post 351, massive wrote:
Octopus reads like someone with extra information. I don't know if it's scum or investigative.

Why would you post this?
Why not? At the time, it was the truth, and my best weapon right now is full disclosure. But you know, in retrospect, it can't be investigative, can it. I was thinking, IF he's a tracker or something and IF Shinobi hid with me then it makes sense why he would jump in first thing and attack me with something, ANYTHING to try and get me lynched. But then it really doesn't make sense for him to jump off me and onto some easier lynch. Huh.
Or perhaps the speculation on the mechanics of the Hider role (whether the Hider only dies if you're mafia or if the Hider dies if Mafia/Vig targets you, despite the bulletproof claim from you) has made him consider his result less strongly than before, and therefore is voting for a player who has been behaving more scummily in the thread.

I'm not sure which is the case, but being quick to conclude that Octopus is scum rather than investigative rings of quickly backtracking to try desperately to save yourself from a statement a town player would be unlikely to make. After all, if he's actually scum, no harm in "outing" him.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 359, bjc wrote:Pretty much everyone agrees I'm dangerous, but it seems a majority of players find me to be town.

There's nothing wrong with my play. If you don't want me to hammer
then don't put them to L-1

IF I make it to LyLo or MyLo I will retract my hammer status as to not lose the game for you guys, lol. I'm also open to sharing my thoughts!

I don't know how I feel about elk trying to throw crap my way. Could he be scum catching on to the fact that most of the players are town reading me (even if they don't want to), therefore feeling like it's better to cast doubt on my slot (so that they don't have to "waste" a night kill on me)?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Under what conditions would you NOT hammer someone at L-1? Would you hammer a player you were townreading if they were at L-1?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:26 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 369, Boonskiies wrote:And that's how you get yourself away from a near L-1 situation, folks.
The degree of desire to not get lynched shown in this post is somewhat alarming. Town wants to lynch scum, scum want to not be lynched.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:12 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Boonskiies, rather than insist that you're town, tell us who IS scum.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

I'm on board for the double lynch.

VOTE: Boonskiies
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

I don't like this. I feel like we should just lynch massive and make there only be 1 NK instead of two? Plus we have Boon tomorrow we can lynch.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:34 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

I am waiting for Boonskiies proof of town-ness he claims he can provide.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:44 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

EBWOP: It appears Boonskiies last log-in was approximately the same time as the start of the day. He may simply not have seen the day start. Still, hoping he shows up soon.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:08 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Prod received. I think we should lynch Boonskiies, since he promised he could prove his towniness, and he didn't. LAL.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

Boonskiies lack of effort defending himself is pretty sad. In either case, we need to lynch either the claimed JOAT or the claimed guilty, no point in lynching anyone else.

I'm inclined to lynch Tattle more, I think. Tattle and Octo, tell us why we should lynch the other instead of you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”