Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Vote Count 1.3

I Love Fairies
- bjc, theelkspeaks (L-5)
Drew-Sta
- Grib, Grib (L-5)
theelksspeaks
- shinyskarmory, massive (L-5)
KittyMo- Nul (L-6)
bjc- Shinobi (L-6)
Shinobi- Boonskiies (L-6)
Boonskiies- OkaPoka (L-6)

Not Voting: I Love Fairies, KittyMo, Drew-Sta

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch
(expired on 2014-07-03 00:22:00)
Last edited by Formerfish on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

So much hangover. Much pain. Wow...
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Getting day drunk with the mafia gang?
I Love Fairies
I Love Fairies
Goon
I Love Fairies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by I Love Fairies »

In post 74, Boonskiies wrote:Correct, because either way, I believe Shinobi is acting scummier than you are, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being scum. I'm pretty dead set on Shinobi though, well, because gut, as Shinobi said.
I'd rather we not lynch a townie just to confirm my alignment.
In post 76, Drew-Sta wrote:So much hangover. Much pain. Wow...
You were vocal about the Kitty-ILF fiasco, yet you haven't said anything about Boons theory, any particular reason to the lack of opinion in this case?
A genius, huh? What does that mean? "Genius"? So I was not born with a whole lot of natural talent, not gifted like Neji… but I work hard and I never give up! That is my gift; that is my ninja way! ---- Rock Lee
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I still believe he is scum, no matter what you are.

and about Drew, he didn't want to jump on the bandwagon and give himself up. ^ ;P
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 63, shinyskarmory wrote:-le snip-

Grib votes KittyMo and demands a "scumbuddy" for no reason. Generally RVS doesn't last more then one vote per person, which is part of why I think his post is odd.

On the other hand, it isn't quite as bad in my mind as Boonskies jumping on the Kitty wagon with his very first post. I do agree with grib in that Boonskie's play is pretty suspicious, but at the moment I'm not sure if it's noob town or scum. Need more posts to analyze.
You could ask me what my reason was instead of auto-assuming no reason. And if you seriously think RVS stops at one vote per wagon, then laugh.

Why are you still voting for elk? Go talk to Boonskiies, he's posting tons.
In post 78, I Love Fairies wrote:
In post 74, Boonskiies wrote:Correct, because either way, I believe Shinobi is acting scummier than you are, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up being scum. I'm pretty dead set on Shinobi though, well, because gut, as Shinobi said.
I'd rather we not lynch a townie just to confirm my alignment.
Tell me that wasn't a slip. Don't make this too easy for us.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

It can be a confirmation as to as if she is town or scum. I didn't read it as a slip, but that was just me. I'm saying this, and I do indeed think there is a high probability of her being scum.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 81, Boonskiies wrote:It can be a confirmation as to as if she is town or scum. I didn't read it as a slip, but that was just me. I'm saying this, and I do indeed think there is a high probability of her being scum.
So you think Shinobi is scum because he voted for the person who was voting for ILF? Is that all?

Why do you think ILF might be scum? You've only given (some) reasoning for Shinobi.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

He once again tried hard to protect ILF on page 3 I believe. I'm not really sure on ILF being scum, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was. That's what I said pretty much. I only think she is possible of being scum due to Shinobi's treatment towards her (scumbuddies?), and also the way she is playing I can see it go either way. I'm more on Shinobi than ILF.
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:16 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

If Shinobi is scum but ILF is town, would Shinobi defend ILF if Shinobi sees an ILF lynch as inevitable for the cred of having defended a townie? I see that as almost as likely as Shinobi defending scumbuddy ILF. Still kind of early and hard to get major reads on anyone, but both of those two players concern me the most right now.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I agree with that. ^ It is why my vote is and will stay on Shinobi instead of ILF until something convinces me otherwise.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oka, does Boon's experience level + follow-up posts change your opinion of him at all?

@skarmory
- massive asked you a question.
Grib wrote:Tell me that wasn't a slip. Don't make this too easy for us.
I found one instance of a game in which she was town and uses townie as a general term (in her first paragraph) though she does generally use it in the traditional way from what I've seen. By the by, thoughts on Drew at this point? You're still pow-powing him with them doublevotes.

Re: Shinobi, he certainly didn't put much effort into defending Fairies so I'm not sure why that's the main thing being read into about him. I didn't like that as votes were becoming less random (people at that stage were starting to make votes that were at least vaguely game-related and he made no attempt to keep us moving out of the RVS and made an avatar-related vote) and everything else he's done so far has been boring. elk's latest post rubs me the wrong way though.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

FOS. Dunno. RVS is fun though

UNVOTE:
VOTE: KittyMo
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I don't get this second vote thing.

Such confusion. Please explain.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

His little effort is all more part of the reason I think he's scum. Why make the effort if you aren't going to do much at all?
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

I'm massively hungover. Still trying to work out where my pants went. I will post something solid in a few hours as I've still been reading and have a few thoughts and reads.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Will respond to this nonsense eventually. Hopefully tomorrow.

Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Drew-Sta »

I FOUND MY PANTS!

Ok, hangover is mostly gone. Some posting needs to happen now.

@ OkaPoka
- - I believe Grib has a double vote as part of his role. The wiki about it here.

Re post - I see it as the beginnings of a tunnel, IMHO. He does seem convinced.

@ Boonskiies
- , - Are you saying your only read on Shinobi, who has posted 4 times (one being RVS, one being a 'I'll post later', one reflecting a gut feel and one being what appears to be a sarcastic remark) is your evidence for him being mafia? Because I find that... well, I find that a little hard to swallow. 4 posts, two being quite unhelpful, are to me not exactly a mafia tell.

Re - No, it was night here in Australia. And a Saturday. We tend to get blind drunk here on a Saturday.

Re - Are you suggesting I didn't get on ILF to not give myself away? Let me get this straight. I deliberately draw attention to myself by stopping an RVS wagon on Kitty, pointing the finger at ILF as mafia (who you consider, it seems, to be my partner), snagging a shitload of heat on myself and do that to prevent myself from giving myself up? No.

I genuinely considered ILF's vote on Kitty to be extremely opportunistic and very, very scummy. I still lean to her being scum too, even after she pointed out how we had boxed her into a position that was lose/lose. But I am concerned my lean is confbias so I unvoted.

@ Grib
re

You posted this:
Gotta start opening your eyes, child.
Can you clarify? I don't understand.

Re post - My spidey sense picked up on that too (the
'I'd rather we not lynch a townie just to confirm my alignment.'
comment by ILF). Still thinking it over.

Hypothesis for discussion.

Kittymo is the target of an RVS wagon. ILF jumps on. I do my thing and claim ILF's vote is mafia-like due to the opportunistic nature of it.

Elk, however, who hasn't RVS'd at all nor voted for Kitty, jumps on after me on ILF, thereby taking some steam out of the Kitty RVS and working (successfully) to take attention off Kitty. Hasn't posted again, save for , where he continues his mafia read on ILF. My hypothesis, therefore, is Kitty and ELK are mafia-team.

Thoughts?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:59 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Grib is going to be one major/scary player if he is scum.

This might go down poorly.
Lets hope he is town.
shinyskarmory
shinyskarmory
Townie
shinyskarmory
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:35 am

Post by shinyskarmory »

In post 86, KittyMo wrote:Oka, does Boon's experience level + follow-up posts change your opinion of him at all?

@skarmory
- massive asked you a question.
My mistake-I thought I posted an answer to that question but it never went through. :(

I wanted to see how the "double vote" was handled-for example, if the second vote is publicly counted with the name shown on both votes, then his role claim is instantly cleaned, which makes him significantly more likely to be town. If the other vote wasn't publicly displayed or was counted but not displayed, that would make him more likely to be mafia because he would only be partially cleaned (in that his role was confirmed to exist, NOT that he was confirmed to have it) and it's generally kind of crappy hosting to publically clean a mafia member.

For now, I'm going to UNVOTE: as my vote on theelkspeaks was RVS and it's no longer relevant. I will reevaluate my thoughts this evening.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Formerfish »

Seeking replacement for Nul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 46, I Love Fairies wrote:I was L-1 once, I think.
I was okay with the lynch at the time though, because I figured both scum had to be on my wagon
because the reasons for the votes on me where stupider than the reasons for the votes on me now. However, I have no reason not to buy your story so unless someone/something convinces me otherwise:

UNVOTE: Kitty
I was keeping this to myself to see if I could get reads off of anyone else from it, but no one else has reacted at all by now, so. I'm like, 95% sure Fairies is town because she said the bolded part so casually that it doesn't seem like a faked townslip. She has only played games on this site where there are two scum (newbie queue) and I have never seen a mini normal game with anything other than 3 scum (only real way to balance 12p forum games with things other than 3 scum is 2 scum vs all VTs, 2 scum + 1 SK vs VTs + low-power, or 2 scum vs 2 scum vs 10 town, which all seem even more unlikely due to Grib's role.)

@Drew
-
KittyMo wrote: I found one instance of a game in which she was town and uses townie as a general term (in her first paragraph) though she does generally use it in the traditional way from what I've seen.
Drew wrote:Elk, however, who hasn't RVS'd at all nor voted for Kitty, jumps on after me on ILF, thereby taking some steam out of the Kitty RVS and working (successfully) to take attention off Kitty. Hasn't posted again, save for 82, where he continues his mafia read on ILF. My hypothesis, therefore, is Kitty and ELK are mafia-team. Thoughts?
I personally don't seriously consider interactional tells until scum flips or until it's pretty lategame. I do think there was a scum motivation to go for Fairies after she voted me because her reaction was pretty defensive/frustrated (easy target.) Initially I was suspicious of you for doing so due to your timing/reasoning than elk but I like how you've been thinking about confirmation bias and you seem pretty genuine in your thoughts. Him sheeping Boon in #82 seems like weak analysis/off. Actually,
vote theelkspeaks
, I was trying to sort whether I found him or Shinobi scummier before revoting and I'm happy with this.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:12 am

Post by KittyMo »

Oh, I forgot to add that I don't think the lack of a random vote from elk before voting fairies is a tell. I don't recall that he was actually logged into the site before his first post (I've been watching online times >_>. Oka was just here and then left, which is too bad b/c I want to ask him something.)

So Oka, all you've done so far is post 3 variations of "this person is totes scummy
vote person
" and then change votes w/ no follow-up, and posting thoughts about Grib and double votes (and I'm kinda disappointed by the "Grib is scary if he's scum" conclusion while making no attempt to like, question him or comment on his play at all.) What are some of your actual thought processes about the game at this point?

"plz don't swear" -- N
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Boonskiies »

@Drew I was kidding about you being mafia. I haven't gotten any reads off of you. I am on your side when you think ILF is a scummy. And I guess I'm looking too much into the Shinobi business.

Side note...Shinobi is a Naruto thing. ILF's footer is a quote from Naruto. SCUM BUDDIES!!!!
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 91, Shinobi wrote:Will respond to this nonsense eventually. Hopefully tomorrow.

Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying.

I try to have the perfect mix of obnoxiousness to see who I start to annoy. That way if I die in the night, it can be a semi tell.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”