Mini 1582: Formerfish's First Foray (Game Over)

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by KittyMo »

So we meet again.

VOTE: massive
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by KittyMo »

unvote; vote fairies
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Hi Gribblypuff, you called? I need another Fairies post before I get less tight-lipped.

I'll say that if Fairies is town then Drew looks a lot more opportunistic here to me than elk (whose reasoning is less strawman and more trying to read into her motivations.)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by KittyMo »

So I troll-voted Fairies because I wanted to see how much her reaction would elevate to getting another vote after having complained about getting votes w/out reasons. Glad to see that she is now posting about things other than her dreams about being an IC, and that in-thread posting is picking up a little.

massive - I don't disagree that elk specifically voting was somewhat of a stretch in context but I'm not following why that's scummy at this stage of the game?

+1 to recent Drew questions, though I would like to add that I'd like an explanation for jumping on Fairies as opposed to me? Was it just that you thought she'd put me at L-3 and I'd only put her at L-4? Cuz that particular choice is suspicious to me for <reasons>.
Drew wrote:Kitty - why is Fairies not opportunistic given what she has done?
Hm? I mean I think it's defensive of her (not opportunistic) to only really pay attention to the reasonless votes that are on her and not be looking at Boon or Shinobi, but I know from my
stalking of the whole playerlist
skimming that she's never been lynched in a game before and I doubt she's been under much lynch pressure, let alone under these circumstances, so it's not surprising? Though she also has no completed scum games and so that could be a source of "I have no idea what I'm doing" as well.

I'm curious about what people think of her first post. Would you expect that from town or scum?

*hugs* for Grib.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by KittyMo »

unvote

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by KittyMo »

What kind of offsite mafia experience do you have, Boon?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Oka, does Boon's experience level + follow-up posts change your opinion of him at all?

@skarmory
- massive asked you a question.
Grib wrote:Tell me that wasn't a slip. Don't make this too easy for us.
I found one instance of a game in which she was town and uses townie as a general term (in her first paragraph) though she does generally use it in the traditional way from what I've seen. By the by, thoughts on Drew at this point? You're still pow-powing him with them doublevotes.

Re: Shinobi, he certainly didn't put much effort into defending Fairies so I'm not sure why that's the main thing being read into about him. I didn't like that as votes were becoming less random (people at that stage were starting to make votes that were at least vaguely game-related and he made no attempt to keep us moving out of the RVS and made an avatar-related vote) and everything else he's done so far has been boring. elk's latest post rubs me the wrong way though.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:04 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 46, I Love Fairies wrote:I was L-1 once, I think.
I was okay with the lynch at the time though, because I figured both scum had to be on my wagon
because the reasons for the votes on me where stupider than the reasons for the votes on me now. However, I have no reason not to buy your story so unless someone/something convinces me otherwise:

UNVOTE: Kitty
I was keeping this to myself to see if I could get reads off of anyone else from it, but no one else has reacted at all by now, so. I'm like, 95% sure Fairies is town because she said the bolded part so casually that it doesn't seem like a faked townslip. She has only played games on this site where there are two scum (newbie queue) and I have never seen a mini normal game with anything other than 3 scum (only real way to balance 12p forum games with things other than 3 scum is 2 scum vs all VTs, 2 scum + 1 SK vs VTs + low-power, or 2 scum vs 2 scum vs 10 town, which all seem even more unlikely due to Grib's role.)

@Drew
-
KittyMo wrote: I found one instance of a game in which she was town and uses townie as a general term (in her first paragraph) though she does generally use it in the traditional way from what I've seen.
Drew wrote:Elk, however, who hasn't RVS'd at all nor voted for Kitty, jumps on after me on ILF, thereby taking some steam out of the Kitty RVS and working (successfully) to take attention off Kitty. Hasn't posted again, save for 82, where he continues his mafia read on ILF. My hypothesis, therefore, is Kitty and ELK are mafia-team. Thoughts?
I personally don't seriously consider interactional tells until scum flips or until it's pretty lategame. I do think there was a scum motivation to go for Fairies after she voted me because her reaction was pretty defensive/frustrated (easy target.) Initially I was suspicious of you for doing so due to your timing/reasoning than elk but I like how you've been thinking about confirmation bias and you seem pretty genuine in your thoughts. Him sheeping Boon in #82 seems like weak analysis/off. Actually,
vote theelkspeaks
, I was trying to sort whether I found him or Shinobi scummier before revoting and I'm happy with this.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #97 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:12 am

Post by KittyMo »

Oh, I forgot to add that I don't think the lack of a random vote from elk before voting fairies is a tell. I don't recall that he was actually logged into the site before his first post (I've been watching online times >_>. Oka was just here and then left, which is too bad b/c I want to ask him something.)

So Oka, all you've done so far is post 3 variations of "this person is totes scummy
vote person
" and then change votes w/ no follow-up, and posting thoughts about Grib and double votes (and I'm kinda disappointed by the "Grib is scary if he's scum" conclusion while making no attempt to like, question him or comment on his play at all.) What are some of your actual thought processes about the game at this point?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #137 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Hi I'm having a bad day so it's better if I don't post anything directed at or about anyone I'm likely to scream at, but as for Octo:
In post 117, Octopus wrote: @KittyMo: Why are you making excuses for ILF?
Spoiler: your citation 1
In post 43, KittyMo wrote:
snip->

Hm? I mean I think it's defensive of her (not opportunistic) to only really pay attention to the reasonless votes that are on her and not be looking at Boon or Shinobi, but I know from my
stalking of the whole playerlist
skimming that she's never been lynched in a game before and I doubt she's been under much lynch pressure, let alone under these circumstances, so it's not surprising?
Though she also has no completed scum games and so that could be a source of "I have no idea what I'm doing" as well.

I'm curious about what people think of her first post. Would you expect that from town or scum?

Uh, this was specifically in response to Drew wondering why I didn't dislike her vote on me (specifically, whether it was opportunistic) so I addressed what I thought of it/why it seemed null. (I briefly meta'd the whole player list right after I /confirm'd, I've just felt that what I've brought up about Faeries' was more relevant to speak about.)

Spoiler: your citation 2
In post 86, KittyMo wrote:
Snip->
Grib wrote:Tell me that wasn't a slip. Don't make this too easy for us.
I found one instance of a game in which she was town and uses townie as a general term (in her first paragraph) though she does generally use it in the traditional way from what I've seen. By the by, thoughts on Drew at this point? You're still pow-powing him with them doublevotes.

Snip->
[/quote]

Okay, so I explain at the beginning of #96 (the part that you dismissed as IIoA when, uh, I think I gave information and analysis?) that (and why) I'd been hard-townreading her since I unvoted her in #48. Grib pointed out the townie "slip" and at first I was like "oh god am I totally wrong?" since last person I used that tell on was actually scum. However, last time that came up for me in a game the committer had 0 completed town games and so I was like "welp that's kinda scummy and she's referred to an actual townie like that as scum before but not knowing whether you use that as a general term as town makes it an iffy tell." So I just ctrl+f'd all of Fairies's posts on MS with the word townie to see if she'd ever used that wording as town before; if not, obviously it'd have impacted my read on her. I think it's pretty fucking useful to know whether someone in past town games has used "townie" to refer to an unflipped person that they're actually suspicious of in the context of this; hence #86.
Octopus wrote: And why the 180 on Shinobi?
Spoiler: your quotes of me
In post 86, KittyMo wrote:
Re: Shinobi, he certainly didn't put much effort into defending Fairies so I'm not sure why that's the main thing being read into about him. I didn't like that as votes were becoming less random (people at that stage were starting to make votes that were at least vaguely game-related and he made no attempt to keep us moving out of the RVS and made an avatar-related vote) and everything else he's done so far has been boring. elk's latest post rubs me the wrong way though.
In post 96, KittyMo wrote:
Snip->
I was trying to sort whether I found him or Shinobi scummier before revoting and I'm happy with this.

The point of #86 was that I had reasons to dislike Shinobi but that elk's post re: him looked opportunistic and made me reconsider voting him. Not sure how that's a 180? If you wanted to know why I suspected elk more, p sure I addressed it in the part of #96 you didn't quote. Can you clarify what your issue is?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by KittyMo »

uh so there's 12 players and 13 votes counting grib's 2 which is not enough to doublehammer (can't have 2 people with 7 votes on them simultaneously.) there has to be an odd number of people alive for that to work. I actually already got mod confirmation that doublehammering is possible though a couple of days ago; just wasn't relevant to bring up. perhaps that's part of why this is 12p and not 13p

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Dear thread, if you are someone that is legit trying to policy lynch someone while doing fuck all else, you are (a) lazy and (b) wasting everybody's time.

boon - How about you make some attempt to refute massive's case against you rather than posting all these needless one liners? Or are you just hoping people will get distracted by other shiny objects and forget about it? Like, clearly you're reading his posts if you care enough to comment about Shinobi's vote.

I think Oka's scum. It rubs me the wrong way that he made a lot of "lol RVS" empty posts without really
doing
RVS. Like he made a show of being "random" and flipping around votes without actually being jokey and without actually analyzing/getting reads. Several more empty posts about wanting to "focus on Grib" without questioning him at all; his attacks on BJC/Boon leave something to be desired; not liking his strawman defense; I find it hard to believe (as in #191) that he apparently actually thinks he's being cooperative and productive - people like Shinobi and bjc know and admit they're being frustratingly vague and it reads as way more genuine.

Oka - Please justify your BJC vote and explain the development of your Boon read throughout the game. And please actually answer my question this time, thanks.

unvote; vote Oka
(L-2); wish elk would post. (Due for a prod in less than an hr btw Fishy)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Hey skarmory, can you justify the 24-36 hour stated time frame you gave Oka before voting him? Did you expect him as scum to be less likely to follow through on your questioning with you having outright stated that ultimatum? Cuz idgi

Btw while I'm curious why Shinobi voted massive, I think he has balls for voting a p unviable lynch and don't understand why anyone's auto-scumreading him for it?

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 168, KittyMo wrote:uh so there's 12 players and 13 votes counting grib's 2 which is not enough to doublehammer (can't have 2 people with 7 votes on them simultaneously.) there has to be an odd number of people alive for that to work. I actually already got mod confirmation that doublehammering is possible though a couple of days ago; just wasn't relevant to bring up. perhaps that's part of why this is 12p and not 13p

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #595 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:32 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 96, KittyMo wrote:
In post 46, I Love Fairies wrote:I was L-1 once, I think.
I was okay with the lynch at the time though, because I figured both scum had to be on my wagon
because the reasons for the votes on me where stupider than the reasons for the votes on me now. However, I have no reason not to buy your story so unless someone/something convinces me otherwise:

UNVOTE: Kitty

I was keeping this to myself to see if I could get reads off of anyone else from it, but no one else has reacted at all by now, so. I'm like, 95% sure Fairies is town because she said the bolded part so casually that it doesn't seem like a faked townslip. She has only played games on this site where there are two scum (newbie queue) and I have never seen a mini normal game with anything other than 3 scum (only real way to balance 12p forum games with things other than 3 scum is 2 scum vs all VTs, 2 scum + 1 SK vs VTs + low-power, or 2 scum vs 2 scum vs 10 town, which all seem even more unlikely due to Grib's role.)

:oops: apparently I have a very different idea of balance than the mod does. Totally caught Fairies slipping that there were only 2 mafia and then drew the completely wrong conclusion about it.

The neighbouriser thing explains what was up with Grib hard townreading elk. Still wondering what the other JOAT powers were (why did you lynch him w/out letting him fullclaim, again?)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #596 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:33 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 525, Drew-Sta wrote:Woah. Did you just hammer without letting Octopus have a right of reply?!

Oh Boon, you did play us, didn't you... I can't believe it.

Fuck.

In post 526, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 523, Boonskiies wrote:Drew, you've been on me all game, haha.
Even before I was deemed as scummy.

Argh! You
are
mafia, aren't you! Argh!!!

Not that this matters since I wasn't in the game, but this is when I decided Drew was scum (and thought town would lose, so gj pulling that out bjc.)

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #604 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:59 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 598, Octopus wrote:
I doc'd Grib N1, I thought he would have been the obvious choice. Who'd have guessed?

I figured that's what happened but then you started calling Grib not obvtown later on.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #605 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:59 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 602, Grib wrote:
In post 600, OkaPoka wrote:Why you day 1 lynch me?

:(

It's not our fault bjc swooped in out of nowhere.

He should meet ika!

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #607 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:16 am

Post by KittyMo »

"plz don't swear" -- N

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”