Private Topics Discussion (Now with Mish Mash)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #50 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 48, zoraster wrote:As for hydras, we're discussing it, and will get back to you.
Wooooops, already made one. My bad. I assumed it was taking on pretty much ALL mafia QT related duties.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 am

Post by Cabd »

Also, one thing I like here is now we can't have accusations of randomness manipulation, since you can use dice tags to roll alignments in your mod thread, and a lack of edits prove it; then release it afterwards.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Cabd »

All you have to do is use the dice tags like:

Code: Select all

[dice]{numscuminyourgame}d{numplayersslots}[/dice]

And if it has any overlaps, re-roll until it has no overlaps.

So for a micro, with two scum, 9 slots, it's as simple as

Code: Select all

[dice]2d9[/dice]

Original Roll String: 2d9 (STATIC)
2 9-Sided Dice: (1, 1) = 2

(This is a dirty dirty edit to show that players can see if you tried to cheat it~)
Last edited by Cabd on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Cabd »

Hah, and there's an example of when to re-roll.

Original Roll String: 2d9
2 9-Sided Dice: (3, 5) = 8
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Cabd »

Yeah I guess that works too. Either way, really. Point is, it's verified NOT tampered with.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Cabd »

Right. All in one big post. I love that we can streamline that as standard practice though.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 91, RichardGHP wrote:
In post 86, zoraster wrote:
In post 83, RichardGHP wrote:I do the randomization way before sign ups even take place. Removes pretty much all temptation to tinker with the assignment. If you get a list which is not strictly desirable (e.g. the entire scum team taking up one single section), you will obviously want to reroll that. On that basis, I am not entirely opposed to zoraster's example a). But I think that altering the distribution any more specifically than that is just not good modding practice. Having said that, it absolutely should not be incumbent on the mod to prove that the distribution is random.
what do you mean a single section?
I mean, if the scum team is taking up three spots on the list right next to each other, for example. Or any such situations where the distribution isn't considered to "look" particularly random.
Of course now that you've posted this, if I were one of your players I'd totally use this to clear somebody if two scum flipped on either side of them.
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Cabd »

Chamber, how hard would it be to modify this to allow setting up main game threads with an approved poster list?
Show

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #276 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Cabd »

It actually takes higher than listmod level. There's like... two or three people on the entire site that can do it, and it's not very "clean" regardless.
Show

Return to “Mafia Discussion”