Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Holy Guacamelee is fucking ridiculous.

I mean the amount of shit you gotta do in midgame in order to progress... im talking like in the tall tree and the war temple.

i actually said aloud "welp, glad to know the bullshit-fuck-you-level-design 9000 kicked in."
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Parama »

It's not that hard by platformer standards :V
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:18 am

Post by CooLDoG »

fine have my $20
after a wank.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Natirasha »

This is kinda a longshot, but is anyone going to Quakecon next week?
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 am

Post by CooLDoG »

So I beat mafia II. An otherwise great game that seemed like it lacked one or two missions at the end. I think production on this game must have been cut short. Because is the PC going to sit back and lay low after they killed his best friend after he MURDER 100s of people for less? I think not. So one game down several more to go for this bundle... yay.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 am

Post by CooLDoG »

So I'm playing Bioshock 1 right now and I think this game is a piece of shit. I hate this game. At first I thought I would like it. More maze like. More oldschool. But no, this game is shit. 1 hour in and I'm done with this game. And here is why:

The fucking vita chambers can suck my dick. Either do checkpoints correctly or not all. Period. end of story. I thought, hay, normal check point system so I don't have to quick save my game, right? "NOPE, AND FUCK YOU" says the game. SO I fight the first big daddy and lose because that is what happens wen you fight a new enemy... and where does it spawn me after death? All the way across the fucking map. But I didn't get pissed off because I found out I was right by the exit to the next level, "sweet, this system works!" but the game retorts, "No, fuck you, go back and kill the big daddy because you need 'adam' otherwise you are going to be underpowered, so go back you stupid fuck." I say, "okay whatever, I have ap bullets, so fine, suck my dick big daddy". So I walk back and find where he was and he was half health like a left him, "cool this vita system works! even though it was badly place it is cool!!!" The game responds, "No fuck you, fight another one. Yeah, I'll replay the same scripted moment for you so go kill it again. Fuck you, I hate you player." So fine, no more AP bullets left, but I've played a shit ton of this type of game so the damage I do doesn't matter, I can dodge it all day and ping away at it with normal bullets. So reincarnated big daddy goes down. Now where is the little sister that I fought this bitch for. "Hahahahahahah" says the game, "You see now I bugged up the game for you so you can't find her. Fuck you. I made you waste all of your ammo, health kits, and magic potions. How do you like dem apples ass hole?" At this point I quit the game. Because any game that tells me to go do something and then bugs out after having me walk halfway through an empty level that responds enemies that I have already killed can give me a blow job while sticking three fingers up my anus while singing hail to the chief all while pissing itself.

So yeah, fuck bioshock. It is a stupid game that is poorly designed and sure as hell never play tested outside of the dev team. SO fuck whoever made this piece of shit. I hate your guts. Maybe I'll play bioshock 2. Maybe they get better as they go along.
after a wank.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Parama »

short answer: you're biased because something dumb happened specifically to you, and it's not poorly designed and plenty playtested
as someone who doesn't even like FPSes much this is all still pretty clear to me
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:30 am

Post by Vi »

Somewhat off-topic question.

I'm intrigued by the -idea- of Kirby Triple Deluxe but it greatly resembles Return to Dream Land, which I found... kind of soulless for the first half of the game, never mind easy and rather repetitive.

Since it's Kirby I'm pretty resigned to "easy" but as long as it's an evocative experience (Crystal Shards, Epic Yarn) or fun to play (Super Star, Amazing Mirror) I'll probably enjoy it.

With that in mind, should I go for it?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1056, Parama wrote:short answer: you're biased because something dumb happened specifically to you, and it's not poorly designed and plenty playtested
as someone who doesn't even like FPSes much this is all still pretty clear to me

Any game that has respawning enemies on normal difficulty that relies on back tracking is not a well thought out game. Any game that tells you to walk through the maze backwards after a checkpoint is not a well thought out game. Any game that respawns enemies after death and keeps the old ones there is not a well thought out game. Any game that tells you will be underpowered unless you walk backwards through a maze you just finished is not a well thought out game. The game is basically an attempt at making DOOM meets System Shock 2 and fails epically.
after a wank.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Parama »

Big daddy's don't respawn if I remember correctly. And were always in an area the first time you came upon that area so there should be no need to backtrack. It's your fault that you went ahead without killing the big daddy. Plus there's multiple checkpoints in most areas, just find a closer checkpoint. You're blaming the game for your faults. I'm not going to claim it's an amazing perfect game by any means but you're being entirely unreasonable in your criticisms here.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1055, CooLDoG wrote:So I'm playing Bioshock 1 right now and I think this game is a piece of shit. I hate this game. At first I thought I would like it. More maze like. More oldschool. But no, this game is shit. 1 hour in and I'm done with this game. And here is why:

The fucking vita chambers can suck my dick. Either do checkpoints correctly or not all. Period. end of story. I thought, hay, normal check point system so I don't have to quick save my game, right? "NOPE, AND FUCK YOU" says the game. SO I fight the first big daddy and lose because that is what happens wen you fight a new enemy... and where does it spawn me after death? All the way across the fucking map. But I didn't get pissed off because I found out I was right by the exit to the next level, "sweet, this system works!" but the game retorts, "No, fuck you, go back and kill the big daddy because you need 'adam' otherwise you are going to be underpowered, so go back you stupid fuck." I say, "okay whatever, I have ap bullets, so fine, suck my dick big daddy". So I walk back and find where he was and he was half health like a left him, "cool this vita system works! even though it was badly place it is cool!!!" The game responds, "No fuck you, fight another one. Yeah, I'll replay the same scripted moment for you so go kill it again. Fuck you, I hate you player." So fine, no more AP bullets left, but I've played a shit ton of this type of game so the damage I do doesn't matter, I can dodge it all day and ping away at it with normal bullets. So reincarnated big daddy goes down. Now where is the little sister that I fought this bitch for. "Hahahahahahah" says the game, "You see now I bugged up the game for you so you can't find her. Fuck you. I made you waste all of your ammo, health kits, and magic potions. How do you like dem apples ass hole?" At this point I quit the game. Because any game that tells me to go do something and then bugs out after having me walk halfway through an empty level that responds enemies that I have already killed can give me a blow job while sticking three fingers up my anus while singing hail to the chief all while pissing itself.

So yeah, fuck bioshock. It is a stupid game that is poorly designed and sure as hell never play tested outside of the dev team. SO fuck whoever made this piece of shit. I hate your guts. Maybe I'll play bioshock 2. Maybe they get better as they go along.

uh this doesn't happen
green shirt thursdays
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:57 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 1053, Natirasha wrote:This is kinda a longshot, but is anyone going to Quakecon next week?

Thought about it, going to a show saturday and watching TI4 the rest of the weekend though.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 am

I wasn't a big fan of bioshock either, and 2 is shit. didn't play infinite
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by AGar »

Just started the first one. It's mildly disturbing thus far. The Little Sisters are one of those psychological things that bug the shit out of me.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:23 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1060, xRECKONERx wrote:
uh this doesn't happen

uh it happened to me. I'm probably going to restart the game and play through it again but this time quick save instead of using those stupid check points.
after a wank.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

^he's talking about you commenting on how bioshock 2 and beyond might get better
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

to be fair I think Infinite is pretty good but BS2 isn't great no
green shirt thursdays
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Cook, Serve, Delicious!
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=GyMYZyZFHk6ERdqN

A really great addicting frustrating restaurant simulator game where you have to "cook" meals by pressing corresponding keys to the ingredients. It's quite fun actually.

free code. First come first serve.

Please, don't accept this one unless you've actually looked at the game and truly want to play it, as this is a game I personally already own and play, and want to pass on the awesome to some other kindred spirit.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Chevre »

I'm not taking the key, but definitely a bundle worth looking at. I've also heard good things about Tropico 4 and of course Euro Truck Simulator 2 in this thread.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Also, free keys in the steam IDs thread...

But the reason I'm not getting the bundle is I already have tropico 4 and Truck simulator. Both are very, very good and worth it Chevre. Tropico actually doesn't have too bad of a labor market simulator (if a bit too easy), and truck simulator is the most chill game you will ever play.
after a wank.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 1059, Parama wrote:Big daddy's don't respawn if I remember correctly. And were always in an area the first time you came upon that area so there should be no need to backtrack. It's your fault that you went ahead without killing the big daddy. Plus there's multiple checkpoints in most areas, just find a closer checkpoint. You're blaming the game for your faults. I'm not going to claim it's an amazing perfect game by any means but you're being entirely unreasonable in your criticisms here.

They do but remember they don't aggro unless you attack them first
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 1069, CooLDoG wrote:Also, free keys in the steam IDs thread...

But the reason I'm not getting the bundle is I already have tropico 4 and Truck simulator. Both are very, very good and worth it Chevre. Tropico actually doesn't have too bad of a labor market simulator (if a bit too easy), and truck simulator is the most chill game you will ever play.

Also, go read the steam IDs thread...
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 am

Post by Axxle »

The game I've been working on for years is on the current Humble Bundle! (Nosgoth)

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Yay~!
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:38 am

Me and my friends played Nosgoth for a while a month or two ago but kinda fizzled out on it partially because there are a ton of great f2p games out and partially because we will never escape DotA's grasp. What part of the game did you work on, Axxle?
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Axxle »

I'm a gameplay programmer, so I mostly worked on weapons, movement, and ability behavior. Basically what makes the game fun!

Luckily I'm not an artist since I'd just make everything nice and blocky.

Return to “The Arcade”