PSA - Replacement Order

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

But don't you think that this will reduce the overall numbers of players willing to replace in games?

take me for an example, before /in in any game i first check if there are any games who needs replacements, but i only replace if its only like around 10 pages. If the game is intresting then i don't mind around 20 pages. But more then that, and i wont join. Because it becomes hard to catchup and play at the same time. There are players who would replace into games which have over 100 pages but not many.

there is a possibility that a game over 100 pages needs a replacement but there are no players wiling to replace, meanwhile other games who needs a replacement are just 10, 30, 50 or so and players are willing to replace in those games but that cant because first the game with 100 pages needs a replacement. Now the players in the other games are waiting needlessly, because there are players willing to join them but they cant. It basically becomes a problem for players in game, those mods who are seeking replacements, and those players who are willing to replace.

i would suggest that make a queue for players willing to replace. In that queue, players have to write a limit and they cant replace into games which has more pages then that limit.

for example, if i add myself in queue and i set a limit of 20 pages +-5 paged, then i cant replace into games which has 25 pages or more, just games with less than 25 pages.

this way players who are willing to replace into games will write the max numbers of pages they can handle. because if they try to set minimum number of page limit, there is a good chance a game with intresting setup or intresting player list goes from their hands. So they will set max number of page limit.

just my 2 cents.

however i can be wrong, there maybe many players interested in replacing games with too many pages.
Nothing to see here, move on! :P
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

But don't you think that this will reduce the overall numbers of players willing to replace in games?

take me for an example, before /in in any game i first check if there are any games who needs replacements, but i only replace if its only like around 10 pages. If the game is intresting then i don't mind around 20 pages. But more then that, and i wont join. Because it becomes hard to catchup and play at the same time. There are players who would replace into games which have over 100 pages but not many.

there is a possibility that a game over 100 pages needs a replacement but there are no players wiling to replace, meanwhile other games who needs a replacement are just 10, 30, 50 or so and players are willing to replace in those games but that cant because first the game with 100 pages needs a replacement. Now the players in the other games are waiting needlessly, because there are players willing to join them but they cant. It basically becomes a problem for players in game, those mods who are seeking replacements, and those players who are willing to replace.

i would suggest that make a queue for players willing to replace. In that queue, players have to write a limit and they cant replace into games which has more pages then that limit.

for example, if i add myself in queue and i set a limit of 20 pages +-5 paged, then i cant replace into games which has 25 pages or more, just games with less than 25 pages.

this way players who are willing to replace into games will write the max numbers of pages they can handle. because if they try to set minimum number of page limit, there is a good chance a game with intresting setup or intresting player list goes from their hands. So they will set max number of page limit.

just my 2 cents.

however i can be wrong, there maybe many players interested in replacing games with too many pages.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:28 am

Post by kabooooom »

Oops
kabooooom