Micro 382 - CREDIMVS PAVONI DEORVM (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 218, Scripten wrote:
It allows us corroborate our own reads if you happened to notice something the rest of us missed. Likewise, it helps to alleviate the inherent advantage scum have over town. They already know who is scum and who is town, so scum reads give information exclusively to town. The scumteam really doesn't care who we think is scum. In fact, keeping scummy town players around can be useful to them. And process of elimination is only so useful.

Why do you think the opposite?

What you mean by this, of course, is it gives scum a running commentary of what town are doing/thinking and what direction we plan to head in on the next day in x, y and z scenarios. Scum can formulate a strategy over N1 to deal with this; do you see that?

In post 219, Josh_B wrote:scripten, I think you are hunting for reads because you want to know who to NK. I don't think reads are good right now, and I'd like you to have to shoot in the dark.
This isn't my normal stance, I'll admit, but the question you are asking BBT right now seems like the same question you asked Vettrok.
Since scum have to fabricate their reads, we're about one second from going into NP, and we still have players MIA.

At this point it probably won't do anyone any good to give reads until after the flip.

This guy knows what he is talking about. He's just approaching it the wrong way.

@Bold - Can you clarify this?

I would also love to see a reads list from Wolfy. If only for the comedy value.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 212, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
PEdit - Wolfy, stop insulting me. I don't know why you're making this personal.

It's not personal:
it's your reads that are bad - not you (probably)
it's your logic that is faulty - not you (probably)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:43 am

In post 226, Wolfy wrote:
In post 212, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
PEdit - Wolfy, stop insulting me. I don't know why you're making this personal.

It's not personal:
it's your reads that are bad - not you (probably)
it's your logic that is faulty - not you (probably)

Reads-list please?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:45 am

Post by Wolfy »

In post 214, Mr_Ree wrote:
Lol. You're the one getting lynched. Now go player by player and give me your reads and the reasons for your reads or I'm going to hammer you. Bitch.

My win condition doesn't require me to stay alive.
I should die today for the following reasons:
  • I will remain a distraction to town while alive because of the several people stuck in conf bias. If I survived til tomorrow BBT plus others would waste another day focusing on me instead of hunting scum
  • Analysis of my wagon will give town something
  • I am not enjoying playing this particular game with this particular group of people so I'd rather get out now.

i still think you should get the lurkers talking and make the most of the day before you hammer - but hey, do what you want.

I gave you reads yesterday - they haven't changed (apart from Asher's scummy entry).
Are you all having problems with reading as well as thinking?

You're all just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 am

How about a concise reads-list right here on every player. An example format could be;

*Name - Alignment*
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 229, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:How about a concise reads-list right here on every player. An example format could be;

*Name - Alignment*

how about you answer the questions I've asked you this game that you've dodged?

Here's another one:
Why did I claim VT?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:04 pm

In post 230, Wolfy wrote:
In post 229, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:How about a concise reads-list right here on every player. An example format could be;

*Name - Alignment*

how about you answer the questions I've asked you this game that you've dodged?

Here's another one:
Why did I claim VT?

By not providing a reads-list, you're really not helping your *fellow* townies. You know that right?

You prob claimed VT because fake-claiming something else would get you into trouble? Amirite?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 225, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
What you mean by this, of course, is it gives scum a running commentary of what town are doing/thinking and what direction we plan to head in on the next day in x, y and z scenarios. Scum can formulate a strategy over N1 to deal with this; do you see that?

That's such utter BS. Do you seriously expect the town to be able to work together with limited information? The town doesn't get a private chat like the mafia does. There is no direction. Do you really think you know who's town better than the scumteam? If so, you're wrong.

Anyway, I'm not delving into any deeper into theory arguments, but avoiding questions is scummy. So let's stop that.

Wolfy:
Reads list.
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Wolfy »

In post 141, Wolfy wrote:So, in summary:
Josh_B and Scripten

• two solid townies stuck in a conf bias loop that they won't get out of all game (or the best scum team ever)

BBT

• active scum hunting townie - just like the last game I played with him (when he was
    scum
    !)

Tiershift

• active scum hunting townie - stirrer/catalyst.

Clusk/Mr_Ree/Shaded/Vettrock/Me - all null - not enough content posting.
Still, it has been very entertaining so far.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Mr_Ree
something not quite right about the response to the RVS votes - looks like trying to hide in the pack since then...

since you're all too lazy to read back.
The only change is Asher's scummy entry as I said in

BTW If I were scum I would have claimed Cop - 50/50 is better odds than 100%.
If there wasn't a CC you might not have lynched me - if there was a CC I'd have outed the cop.

I'm V/LA now for 4 days so that's all you get.
Good luck town.
I wonder who BBT will be certain of tomorrow...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:07 pm

In post 233, Wolfy wrote:
In post 141, Wolfy wrote:So, in summary:
Josh_B and Scripten

• two solid townies stuck in a conf bias loop that they won't get out of all game (or the best scum team ever)

BBT

• active scum hunting townie - just like the last game I played with him (when he was
    scum
    !)

Tiershift

• active scum hunting townie - stirrer/catalyst.

Clusk/Mr_Ree/Shaded/Vettrock/Me - all null - not enough content posting.
Still, it has been very entertaining so far.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Mr_Ree
something not quite right about the response to the RVS votes - looks like trying to hide in the pack since then...

since you're all too lazy to read back.
The only change is Asher's scummy entry as I said in

BTW If I were scum I would have claimed Cop - 50/50 is better odds than 100%.
If there wasn't a CC you might not have lynched me - if there was a CC I'd have outed the cop.

I'm V/LA now for 4 days so that's all you get.
Good luck town.
I wonder who BBT will be certain of tomorrow...

And this reads list hasn't changed/updated in nearly 4 pages worth of posts? Even after all your unvoting and voting? Even after saying I am scummier than scum despite apparently town-reading me?

Come on man, you just put the final nail in your own coffin.

Mr. Ree, hammer awayyyyyyyy!
Wolfy
Wolfy
Goon
Wolfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Wolfy »

The only read that is in danger of changing is my town read of you.
Why do you still not want as much information from the lurkers as possible?
Why don't you get it that town wins by gathering information in the day and scum win by keeping days short to minimise the information.

Don't do the nail and coffin bit with me - I have already said it is in town's best interest for me to be lynched today.
1. it will help them see that you're not as smart as you think you are
2. it
might
(I doubt it but it might) make you a bit more humble going forward.

Be aware that if you do find scum they will fake claim because there is no downside to doing so.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by vettrock »

Calling for a hammer at this point is scummy in my book. BBT's claims that Wolfy is certain scum is scummy provided Wolfy flips town. I don't see what the town gains by lynching at this point. Personally, I think it takes a bit longer to get good reads on people. Maybe I don't have the Uber skills of all of you, but knowing with "certainty" that someone will flip scum is something that only scum can say.

While I'm not for dragging things out unnecessarily, lynching at this point is anti-town.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Josh_B »

I don't have a problem with wolfy, giving his reads. Wolfy is about to die, and "welcome Asher, I see that you are going quick wagon for no reason, please say something about that"

Let me be honest, I'm not hammering Wolfy right now because his vote on me was something that I would do if two other players were arguing in circles about irrelevant useless crap that really wasn't all that alignment indicative. I still think that Skripten is pretty scummy. He and BBT both abandoned their biggest read to ratchet up wolfy so fast.

I don't necessarily think that it's scummy for a person to ask for other people to give their reads. I think that it's scummy for a person to not give their reads, while calling out others for not doing the same. I think it has to do with the NK WIFOM question that he asked vettrok earlier. It was pretty off topic and loaded. What's a person going to say to that? I didn't find vettrok's answer all that scummy. I mean it was (paraphrasing here) "If I was scum, I'd play to my wincon" and isn't that what everyone would do? I don't see how it could indicate alignment. It does however follow with the odd questions that scripten keeps asking.

@BBT, with the actual stuff that's been going on in the game, and with the current state that we're in, I don't think this is the right time for reads. If you guys are town, I think you are looking for reads for no reason. If you guys are scum, collaborate with town so that you can hide in more WIFOM next DP. Get a good picture of where all of the town are at in this game so you can frame someone next DP.
scum have to fabricate their reads- standard game play
we are one second from going into NP- Wolfy is at L-1 and intent to hammer has been stated.
we still have players MIA- Not everyone has been involved in this game.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 237, Josh_B wrote:
I don't necessarily think that it's scummy for a person to ask for other people to give their reads. I think that it's scummy for a person to not give their reads, while calling out others for not doing the same. I think it has to do with the NK WIFOM question that he asked vettrok earlier. It was pretty off topic and loaded. What's a person going to say to that? I didn't find vettrok's answer all that scummy. I mean it was (paraphrasing here) "If I was scum, I'd play to my wincon" and isn't that what everyone would do? I don't see how it could indicate alignment. It does however follow with the odd questions that scripten keeps asking.

Firstly, I didn't ask the question. I just find fault with BBT not answering it. It's something I continually see him doing, and it's not a good habit.
Secondly, my scum reads should be plain as day to everyone, so don't go accusing me of hypocrisy, thanks. (Check my iso and you'll find them.)

Also, there's plenty of answers that could be given to my question about night kills. You know what the best one would be? One that is truthful and doesn't evade the question. It's not just what is said, but the way in which it's said. Tone, clarity, etc.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

Alright then. I'm dropping the hammer tomorrow at 3pm-ish. You guys have till then to do what you need to do.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:03 am

Post by vettrock »

I'm not convinced Wolfy is scum. The problem is everyone on the wagon can't be scum since there are only two scum. I think rushing to this lynch is incredibly anti-town.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 240, vettrock wrote:I'm not convinced Wolfy is scum. The problem is everyone on the wagon can't be scum since there are only two scum. I think rushing to this lynch is incredibly anti-town.

I'm alright with discussing this. Can you explain why you don't believe Wolfy is scum?
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

I get the sympathy, I really do. Problem is, wolfy self destructed. He is no help to the town. He's nothing more than a liability at this point.

We can spend the next four days waiting for him to get back or we can just lynch him now. Either way, he's getting lynched today.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:40 am

Post by The Bulge »

ShadedMelee has not picked up his prod. Searching for a replacement.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Vote: Wolfy
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 am

Post by The Bulge »

Votecount 1.8 (Final)

BlueBloodedToffee (0) -

Asher Kendrell (1) -
Wolfy
Josh_B (0) -

Mr_Ree (0) -

Scripten (1) -
Josh_B
ShadedMelee (1) -
vettrock
TierShift (0) -

vettrock (0) -

Wolfy (5) -
BlueBloodedToffee, TierShift, Scripten, Asher Kendrell, Mr_Ree
(LYNCH)

Not Voting -
ShadedMelee

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline in (expired on 2014-09-06 14:41:00) (September 6).
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:36 am

Post by The Bulge »

Have you all gotten started on the task? Oh, excellent, I see you have already begun filtering out the nasty ones. Bring me the body.
Hm, interesting. Interesting indeed. I must say I am disappointed. I really thought you all had it in you. No matter, there will be other chances. Evil still lurks among us. You must not waste any more time!

Wolfy,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched Day 1

Please send all Night Actions to me. I will set a deadline once a replacement for ShadedMelee has been found.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Wake88 replaces ShadedMelee.

Deadline for Night 1 in (expired on 2014-08-31 20:00:00)
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Let this be a lesson, recruits. If you let evil slip by, evil will strike at every opportunity. I hope you have all learned from these two deaths. Tick tock, your time is running out...

Mr_Ree,
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed Night 1
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by The Bulge »

It is now Day 2!

Votecount 2.0

BlueBloodedToffee (0) -

Asher Kendrell (0) -

Josh_B (0) -

Scripten (0) -

Wake88 (0) -

TierShift (0) -

vettrock (0) -

Not Voting -
BlueBloodedToffee, Asher Kendrell, Josh_B, Scripten, Wake88, TierShift, vettrock

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Deadline in (expired on 2014-09-14 20:28:00) (September 14).

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”