Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Phoenicks
Phoenicks
Goon
Phoenicks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Phoenicks »

In post 3755, nhammen wrote:
In post 3737, Empking wrote:
In post 3731, nhammen wrote:
You are a
Scum Miller Bomb
. You are a member of the scum group, with members x, y and z. Each night one member of your group gets a kill. [Insert more standard scum group stuff here] If you are lynched, every player on your wagon at the time of the lynch has the Miller modifier added to their role. This fact is publicly revealed upon your lynch.

Welcome to WIFOM land.

Wrong thread.

I guess. It is approximately the same as a Jester.

Tried this (from Worst Roles) on an offsite game. It worked really well -- scum didn't need a proper godfather. (I gave them a JOAT who could appear godfather on certain nights, but it wasn't used or needed.) Instead of Miller Bomb, I called it a Framer. Framer got caught lying on a Granny claim and 11 players voted for him; town leaders who backed the lynch suddenly looked more suspicious. Two scum were caught for voting Framer right before deadline.

Could also run this role with "No Results" or "Godfather" appended instead of Miller to cop checks. Only matters if you're using Cop sanities in the same game.

Can't emphasize how great this role was. Easy to understand, beat cop without a godfather or regular millers, added another layer to "did scum bus," was more interesting than "are these cop results wrong". Something like this would be easy to standardize.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”