Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by Aneninen »

TSO knows how terrible Csareo is on Day1 and he also knows that he was town in that game. I simply don't understand why TSO's maintaining a long interaction with Csareo – he must have known that by getting involved in that would increase the "noise" in the thread. It's definitely anti-town and – in my opinion – scummy too.
There's something else which is merely an intuition. What if both of them are scum(s) and their Day1 is purely intentional?
Csareo
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Csareo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by Csareo »

@Aneinen- I hate how you keep dropping my name, but I agree with this statement, although I disagree with your conclusion.
I simply don't understand why TSO's maintaining a long interaction with Csareo – he must have known that by getting involved in that would increase the "noise" in the thread

TSO trying to buddy with me early on and make others town read me is suspicious, and a bit confusing. I noticed he did something like this in another game, which I would love to talk about, but can't because it is ongoing.
@Goodmorning- I'll get to your questions later, once I have more available time
@Nero Cain- ^
Always need fresh blood
http://www.edeb8.com/
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 206, goodmorning wrote:
In post 187, Nero Cain wrote:So when I first read the game I thought Csaro was a lil' to "try hard" but
his wagon went rather fast
and that worries me but I'd prob be ok with his vig.

What? I don't think he got above L-10 at any point. How is that "fast?"
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6256542#p6256542]post 248[/url], Nero Cain wrote:I don't know if 561, 563 and 565 make me want to climb in the fetal position and cry or pl the fuck out of wegurts.

So in the future wegurts will join the game?
That's scary.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 250, TobyLoby wrote:
In post 237, Nero Cain wrote:A wagon on a town player going fast is an excellent indication of that player being town and scum piling on. + just 'cause a wagon is scum lead it doesn't mean all the scum are on it. So why are you feigning ignorance here? Also flipping your mind on someone is in no way alignment indicative.

You are using a hypothetical. Let's talk about what is happening in this game right now. Are you town reading Csareo? I didn't say you said all scum were on the Csareo wagon anywhere. If you think the wagon on Csareo is scum lead, who do you think is leading it then and why?

When I first read the thread there was this rapid fire "csareo is scum" and that made me pretty uneasy. So, who do you think has been the counter to him? I could see maybe Muffin scum hoping on. Yes, I think Csaro is probs town. Why have you not given a read on him?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Also that theory that I'd be scum and come in the thread, give my honest opinion on Csaro when I could have just ignored him or called him town/scum is pretty fucking ridiculous.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Well...that's actually scum 101, Nero :lol:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What, admitting that my read on him changed?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 187, Nero Cain wrote:So when I first read the game I thought Csaro was a lil' to "try hard" but his wagon went rather fast and that worries me but I'd prob be ok with his vig.

This is what you said about him.
Walk me through why it is such an unlikely scum comment from you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

Because, really the only thing I see is that it's mildly unlikely for you to be scumbuddies. But that's all I get out of it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

baring multiball, I'd know his alignment and thus would have no need to be wishy washy.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Well...first off multiball is a pretty safe assumption, and second off being wishy-washy is actually pretty solid scum play.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:53 am

Post by T S O »

I'm catching up.

Csareo, it bears repeating you are an out-and-out moron. Please stop presuming you know anything about me. You don't. Shut the fuck up.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 263, Thor665 wrote:second off being wishy-washy is actually pretty solid scum play.

maybe so but I can be plenty wishy washy as town.

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Egg »

So, reading from my last post, I'm mostly getting nothing but town reads. I kind of feel like goodmorning is trying to paint csar as scummy rather than show a genuine scum read though. And my gut is telling me keep an eye on Aneninen. So there's that I guess.

In post 263, Thor665 wrote:Well...first off multiball is a pretty safe assumption

Why? Also, if you're right, isn't Nero more likely town for seeming to genuinely assume there is no evidence for it?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 265, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 263, Thor665 wrote:second off being wishy-washy is actually pretty solid scum play.

maybe so but I can be plenty wishy washy as town.

I'll agree with that, though it doesn't affect my stance.

In post 266, Egg wrote:
In post 263, Thor665 wrote:Well...first off multiball is a pretty safe assumption

Why? Also, if you're right, isn't Nero more likely town for seeming to genuinely assume there is no evidence for it?

Why? Because there are 21 players in this game.
And I could easily argue that he's more likely scum for trying to act like there's no reason to think that because scum are the only ones with legit evidence about the question and he's trying to cover for that knowledge but overplayed his hand.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:35 am

Post by davesaz »

Spoiler: goodmorning quotes
In post 118, Csareo wrote:Thanks for your cooperation GM.

What cooperation?

In post 119, Csareo wrote:Sorry, tiershift is tunneling me, and you a little, but I found there was more reasoning to your questions.
Even if we disagree on the conclusions.

Tunneling usually implies that you think the person in question is Scum.

Have I indicated such at any point?

Egg is weirdly disconnected.

In post 126, Goofyd00d wrote:Considering 4 is the meta for almost garunteed, I would say 5 people in a hood contains a scum, and maybe even multi factions.

Subversion of site meta is one of the easiest ways to make a Normal more interesting. Again, I'm not planning on drawing any alignment-based conclusions just based on whether someone's in a Neighbourhood.

Muffin. That post ain't shit.

In post 134, TobyLoby wrote:goodmorning, do you think Csareo is scummy, maybe townie, or null? I'm getting an everything from you.

It's pretty Null. I've seen this particular brand of play before, though I haven't played with this particular player, and it is not indicative imo. At least, not yet. Could be getting there.

In post 176, T S O wrote:I somehow end up in a large pissing fest with -someone- in every goddamn Large I participate in d1 and it makes it really fucking unfun.

Why don't you just ignore him then?

I'd find it understandable.

Got any weird feelings on anyone so far?

In post 187, Nero Cain wrote:So when I first read the game I thought Csaro was a lil' to "try hard" but

In post 195, T S O wrote:Thanks for the moral support, guys, I am officially the grumpiest fuck ever to walk the halls of these forums. :/

wlu tso

In post 218, goodmorning wrote:
In post 215, Csareo wrote:
In post 213, goodmorning wrote:
In post 210, Csareo wrote:I can kind of envision Nero's actions as being scummy.
My other top reads are GM and TSO. I'll take my vote off of TSO once he answers my questions.

Top reads? I assume you mean scumreads? Explain them, and explain why you're trying to appease TSO in this post.

If you first tell me how I'm appeasing TSO. I am pretty confident the dudes scum.
It's just if I push it any longer I'm going to be hanged.

"If you only answer my questions I'll surely unvote you." If that's not appeasing I don't know what is.
I'll repeat the questions too:
Explain your read on Nero.
Explain your read on me.
Explain your read on TSO.
Explain why you would unvote a scumread just for answering questions.

P-EDIT: Please show me where I've said you're Scum. I'll wait.

In post 239, goodmorning wrote:
In post 230, Muffin wrote:
In post 228, goodmorning wrote:@Muffin: It's not explicitly non-Normal.
Do you want to start making relevant posts anytime soon?

I'm sorry, did you miss the part where I was on Vacation with Limited Access for the last week? Did you miss the part where I'm going to catch up on 10 pages on the plane? How about you cut me some slack, OK Chief?

Every time you post and don't say anything it makes the game one post longer and more daunting, which makes cute baby animals cry.
I wish you a fair amount of luck in your catchup. I think it might be needed the way this game is going.

In post 232, Csareo wrote:Does that help you understand why I might be trying to get off the TSO wagon?

So basically you're concerned that it's making you look bad?
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

explaining Nero snipped and that

So you're scumreading him because he makes jokes? I don't think he's directing anyone anywhere in particular.

- Humor and Misdirection

I really don't see TSO either being humourous or attempting to direct conversation.

- Meta Change

How many games have you played with TSO? Because as far as I can tell I've played in 6 at least with him, not counting any games where either of us was in hydra.
I know a fair amount about his meta and the way it's developed, particularly this new slightly less fucks given style (which I like a bit better than the somewhat abrasive TSO of yesteryear).
I'm not sure whether you do.

- The interaction where he showers me in compliments until you guy's don't

I don't think that happened; or, if it had, that it would be alignment-indicative.

- RVS voting me while also giving me a compliment

1) not sure that was meant as a compliment
2) that's kind of what happens when you RV. The number of times I've randomly voted someone with a "HIIIII" or an alarmingly cheery smiley is far greater than the number of times I've yelled something like "SCUM OMG" or "DEATH TO THE WEST" or something.

- Keeping RVS vote on me after calling me town about a dozen times after

This did happen, but why do you find it scummy?

- Refusing to answer ^

Refusing to answer anything is never a scumtell.

- How others joined my wagon when it became obvious TSO slipped on my meta

How is others joining your wagon indicative of TSO-Scum?

- He actually keeps up with the VI gambit unnecessarily for several posts

I don't think that was a gambit and I don't think he found it unnecessary.

- Thor Votes TSO and says he'll vig me (this needs more looking into)

But what does that have to do with TSO being Scum??

- Refusing to answer my questions and being anti-town

Being anti-Town is also not a scumtell.

P-EDIT: Please show me where I've said you're Scum. I'll wait.

You said you had a read on me of some sort. I'd like to see it explained, yeah?

Getting town vibes on goodmorning.

Nero Cain is similar to other stuff I'm seeing from him, but I don't have a good feel for whether that aspect of his posting is alignment indicative in this game. So I need to spend more time partitioning the information.

What is this multiball thing? Multiple scum teams?

I think what I've seen from Thor looked like town, but would have to re-read to confirm.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 am

Post by goodmorning »

@ NERO:

In post 252, goodmorning wrote:

In other news: goofy is flying well below radar, dave is taking safe stances, Garmr still feels weird to me, and several have failed to post.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:44 am

Post by goodmorning »

And yes, multiball means multiple scumteams.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:47 am

Post by T S O »

Look, I have no interest in interacting with Csareo again now or for the rest of his game, but he's spreading bullshit about me and tonight I'm going to address it.

If anyone who's not Csareo has questions for me I'll answer them too.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 250, Aneninen wrote:TSO knows how terrible Csareo is on Day1 and he also knows that he was town in that game. I simply don't understand why TSO's maintaining a long interaction with Csareo – he must have known that by getting involved in that would increase the "noise" in the thread. It's definitely anti-town and – in my opinion – scummy too.

So, you're assuming TSO only talks to csareo to generate noise? When has he started doing so and has he done all along?

In post 266, davesaz wrote:Getting town vibes on goodmorning.

Why? What do you think of csareo/tso?

VOTE: TSO
Because the csareo wagon is shit and this one's decent?
I hugely dislike keeping the vote on csareo early game.

Oh and I have no idea where my vote was nor what the VC is at.

Closer looks will be taken at garmr, TSO, anen and Nero.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:01 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 270, TierShift wrote:
In post 266, davesaz wrote:Getting town vibes on goodmorning.

Why? What do you think of csareo/tso?

I only said gm was a vibe. Don't see scum going into that much trouble or detail. Content can certainly sway me on that.

I see csareo/tso as likely to be tvt, but that is not a firm position yet.

I do plan to probe, but I'm not sure yet where the probe should go. So taking the opportunity to pick low hanging fruit. It's the way I normally approach hunting.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 269, T S O wrote:If anyone who's not Csareo has questions for me I'll answer them too.

My question is why are you bothering to address this when no one is sheeping his logic on your meta, which is your expressed issue with his stuff.
I will agree with you - I don't think he knows your meta from Adam.
Spare us the wall and play the rest of the game?
Cho
Cho
Goon
Cho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Cho »

I'm content to sheep TierShift for the rest of Day 1. and are both golden posts in different ways.

VOTE: T S O

Not to mention I love his chosen course of action.

Arden

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:11 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 271, davesaz wrote:I only said gm was a vibe. Don't see scum going into that much trouble or detail. Content can certainly sway me on that.

Let me quote gm's sig for you:

I see csareo/tso as likely to be tvt, but that is not a firm position yet.

Why do you think it's tvt? What in csareo's behaviour makes you think so? What in TSO's behaviour makes you think so?

P-edit:
Dawww <3
More people should sheep me

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”