NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

Egg
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 16, 2010
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2100  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:24 pm

No. I said trying to get us to lynch your top scum read is townplay101. You are not playing that way because you are not playing a town game.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2101  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 pm

In post 2099, goodmorning wrote:Who was it that was calling this post contentful?

I did.

Egg
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: December 16, 2010
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2102  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:26 pm

goodmorning wrote: Are you suggesting that Scum-me would not want my top scumread lynched?


Why would scum you have a top scum read?

goodmorning
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 15, 2012
Location: THE SWAMPS OF MOSQUITOEY HELL (aka Orlando, FL)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2103  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 pm

In post 2100, Egg wrote:No. I said trying to get us to lynch your top scum read is townplay101. You are not playing that way because you are not playing a town game.

Exactly. You're saying "trying to get your top scumread lynched = Town" therefore "not trying to get your top scumread lynched = not Town." Am I misinterpreting what you're saying?
I want to know why you think I would be trying harder to get Thor lynched as Town than as Scum.

In post 2101, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2099, goodmorning wrote:Who was it that was calling this post contentful?

I did.

It's not. It's a tunnel with window dressing on it.

In post 2102, Egg wrote:
goodmorning wrote: Are you suggesting that Scum-me would not want my top scumread lynched?

Why would scum you have a top scum read?

Top "scumread" then. Are you suggesting that Scum-me would not want my top "scumread" lynched?
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
Calling On Dragons coming eventually!

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2104  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 pm

In post 2103, goodmorning wrote:It's not. It's a tunnel with window dressing on it.

If that is true than your reads are a toy tunnel with a chalk drawing of a window on the side.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2105  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh, maybe Fonz was scumhunting people by not interacting with them?
I hear that's a thing.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2106  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:16 pm

In post 2097, AxleGreaser wrote:@GARMR
In post 1908, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1856, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1851, Garmr wrote:Because Tso is being Tso.


also I am a little intrigued.

When Aneninen said that is just Bonnskies being Boonskies he was referring to a thing that happened.

Your statement seems to be more open ended. (aka: Do you think the whole TSO filter is TSO being TSO?)

Is that an unequivocal town read by you on TSO as, TSO is being TSO?

It was meant to be used in way to see if you follow your opinion or if you were just a hypocrite. You seemed fine in annenin saying boon is boon with out saying an example yet you wanted me to use a example for tso. I was testing you to see if you would follow through with your logic. You tried a to find a way to justify why anneienn example was ok and why mine wasn't which seemed off to me.

So in short i was testing you

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2107  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 am

In post 2106, Garmr wrote:
In post 2097, AxleGreaser wrote:@GARMR
In post 1908, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1856, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1851, Garmr wrote:Because Tso is being Tso.


also I am a little intrigued.

When Aneninen said that is just Bonnskies being Boonskies he was referring to a thing that happened.

Your statement seems to be more open ended. (aka: Do you think the whole TSO filter is TSO being TSO?)

Is that an unequivocal town read by you on TSO as, TSO is being TSO?

It was meant to be used in way to see if you follow your opinion or if you were just a hypocrite. You seemed fine in annenin saying boon is boon with out saying an example yet you wanted me to use a example for tso. I was testing you to see if you would follow through with your logic. You tried a to find a way to justify why anneienn example was ok and why mine wasn't which seemed off to me.

So in short i was testing you


I did/do know what you were 'doing', its what you were forgetting/ignoring that intrigued me.

So that seems like it is is a no, you said things you dont quite fully believe to be true.
If I had not seen where your 'test' (if your town trap if youre scum) was going at
and played into it at
I might well have reacted 'badly' (in your eyes) to that aspect. (bad test is bad)

hint: when you are testing me make sure you say what you think.

I now to some degree, see you as having more faith in TSO alignment than can be justified.

It leaked either as its a towny with a faith that based on stuff I dont know, (you know things about his meta I dont)
or its scum leaking...
or your were so excited about (focussed on) your test, you forgot you also dont know other peoples alignments and got creative.

mainly meh.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2108  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:25 am

In post 2105, Thor665 wrote:Oh, maybe Fonz was scumhunting people by not interacting with them?
I hear that's a thing.


OH shit, you mean TSO is scum hunting me!
I think I am bad at this game. (no need to agree, well take that as a given thing)

(expired on 2014-10-23 05:28:00)
I can only imagine his next dastardly move will be to not post case! or indeed especially not any of the plenty of reasons at all
In post 2026, T S O wrote:Vote: Aneninen

case is up in next 2 days.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2109  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 am

In post 2107, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2106, Garmr wrote:
In post 2097, AxleGreaser wrote:@GARMR
In post 1908, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1856, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1851, Garmr wrote:Because Tso is being Tso.


also I am a little intrigued.

When Aneninen said that is just Bonnskies being Boonskies he was referring to a thing that happened.

Your statement seems to be more open ended. (aka: Do you think the whole TSO filter is TSO being TSO?)

Is that an unequivocal town read by you on TSO as, TSO is being TSO?

It was meant to be used in way to see if you follow your opinion or if you were just a hypocrite. You seemed fine in annenin saying boon is boon with out saying an example yet you wanted me to use a example for tso. I was testing you to see if you would follow through with your logic. You tried a to find a way to justify why anneienn example was ok and why mine wasn't which seemed off to me.

So in short i was testing you


I did/do know what you were 'doing', its what you were forgetting/ignoring that intrigued me.

So that seems like it is is a no, you said things you dont quite fully believe to be true.
If I had not seen where your 'test' (if your town trap if youre scum) was going at
and played into it at
I might well have reacted 'badly' (in your eyes) to that aspect. (bad test is bad)

hint: when you are testing me make sure you say what you think.

I now to some degree, see you as having more faith in TSO alignment than can be justified.

It leaked either as its a towny with a faith that based on stuff I dont know, (you know things about his meta I dont)
or its scum leaking...
or your were so excited about (focussed on) your test, you forgot you also dont know other peoples alignments and got creative.

mainly meh.


Tso has been in more of my games than any other player. If it wasn't for that jump onto the pere wagon I wouldn't of put him to null. But talking about leaks aren't you scum reading tso this gives off the impression you think his town?

Aegor
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 11, 2007
Location: Omega Station

Post Post #2110  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:52 am

Votecount 1.17

[5]Aneninen: WBOCampfire1104, Muffin, TierShift, Garmr, T S O
[5]PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Scripten, The Fonz, Boonskiies
[4]Thor665: goodmorning, Nero Cain, flubbernugget, Izariael
[1]Egg: davesaz
[1]goodmorning: Slandaar
[1]Scripten: PeregrineV
[1]Slandaar: Aneninen
[1]T S O: AxleGreaser
[1]WBOCampire1104: Grayfoxxxx


[1] Not Voting: hephaestus

With 21 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline: suspended

Mod Notes
Still looking for a replacement for WBOCampfire1104.
Currently partying at the M A S Q U E R A D E -- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2111  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 am

In post 2109, Garmr wrote:Tso has been in more of my games than any other player. If it wasn't for that jump onto the pere wagon I wouldn't of put him to null. But talking about leaks aren't you scum reading tso this gives off the impression you think his town?


Nope:
you can be scum with him and be sure of his alignment,
and hence it not be a 'question' for you. (hence there would be no cognitive dissonance, when you stopped wondering about his alignment and said overly simply TSO is TSO, because you know as his scum buddy for sure what he is.

you can be town with him scum and be surer of his alignment than I see as reasonable (and be right), than I can see based on stuff I don't have.
you can be town with him scum and be surer of his alignment than I see as reasonable (and be fooled), than I can see based on stuff I dont have.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2112  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:01 am

In post 2109, Garmr wrote:Tso has been in more of my games than any other player


and have you seen his this reluctant to post case before?
where when?

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2113  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:16 am

In post 2110, Aegor wrote:Votecount 1.17

[5]Aneninen: WBOCampfire1104, Muffin, TierShift, Garmr, T S O
[5]PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Scripten, The Fonz, Boonskiies
[4]Thor665: goodmorning, Nero Cain, flubbernugget, Izariael
[1]Egg: davesaz
[1]goodmorning: Slandaar
[1]Scripten: PeregrineV
[1]Slandaar: Aneninen
[1]T S O: AxleGreaser
[1]WBOCampire1104: Grayfoxxxx


[1] Not Voting: hephaestus

With 21 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline: suspended

Mod Notes
Still looking for a replacement for WBOCampfire1104.


Hey @TSO!
Look I stopped tunnelling you! (I seemingly have either had an epiphany or a lobotomy <drool>)

VOTE: PeregrineV L-6 (now the lead wagon again)

but its going to take me about 2 days to get my reasons for that vote together....

We need to consolidate on one wagon or the other, and I dont like the Thor one.
However the one of the biggest problems I have with voting your wagon on Aneninen, is that I cant see for myself the scummy stuff he did nearer the beginning of the game.
You saw plenty of it!

Please show me the scummy stuff Aneninen did earlier.
I have no need to have explained. Nor
Its specifically the earlier stuff i need to see as scummy

I also need to see why you in particular saw it as scummy, not why anybody else does.
I need an understanding of the conflict and how reasonable or not his responses were.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2114  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:19 am

That's a lot more reasonable than before.

Again, I'm trying to get that shit up, but I get 10 mins in the morning and maybe 20-30 in the night if I'm lucky. That's for Internet in general. it's difficult, but I'll do it.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2115  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:50 am

In post 2111, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2109, Garmr wrote:Tso has been in more of my games than any other player. If it wasn't for that jump onto the pere wagon I wouldn't of put him to null. But talking about leaks aren't you scum reading tso this gives off the impression you think his town?


Nope:
you can be scum with him and be sure of his alignment,
and hence it not be a 'question' for you. (hence there would be no cognitive dissonance, when you stopped wondering about his alignment and said overly simply TSO is TSO, because you know as his scum buddy for sure what he is.

you can be town with him scum and be surer of his alignment than I see as reasonable (and be right), than I can see based on stuff I don't have.
you can be town with him scum and be surer of his alignment than I see as reasonable (and be fooled), than I can see based on stuff I dont have.



Basically the situation your describing in short is

Me-town and tso-town
me-scum and tso scum
me-town and tso scum
me-scum and tso scum

This is the basic not adding in possible factors like sk and mutiple scum team ect and pretty much the players that aren't new know this concept already.
Your real point is you think/claim I have some sort of extra knowledge which I don't unless you include the fact I actually played with tso so me having a grasp what he may be while you have zero experience with him.

Basically i noticed your pushes on me have pretty much been weak and implied


In post 2005, AxleGreaser wrote:continuing from

In post 2004, Garmr wrote:@Axle
Both


probably nobody else going to like it (find it indicative)
and I am not sure how much I will tomorrow (after I sleep on it)

before you even post your case you wrote other people won't find it indicative. That means you have no confidence in that push.

Also the situations you explained could also be put into play with you and tso since your certain his scum.

In post 2112, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2109, Garmr wrote:Tso has been in more of my games than any other player


and have you seen his this reluctant to post case before?
where when?

Asking the same old shit over and over again in new ways axle i looked and it might be because your new but man some of the stuff you say just gives me a head ache.

but to answer your question again the paul walker one mini 1510 is a good example but to be honest I thought I played more games with tso but after going through my history We haven't completed as many as I thought. fire and ice a game I don't like bringing up had tso as town and he didn't make one case.

Tso has never made a case playing with me just small pushes at best.



In post 2113, AxleGreaser wrote:Hey @TSO!
Look I stopped tunnelling you! (I seemingly have either had an epiphany or a lobotomy )

VOTE: PeregrineV L-6 (now the lead wagon again)

but its going to take me about 2 days to get my reasons for that vote together....

Ane wagon is growing fast shit I must push the counter wagon harder. Come up with reasons latter because I can't think of a reason to push a counter wagon on ane.
Look tso vote pere now please not tunneling you anymore if thor can do it I can do it to.
^Axles mind

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2116  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 am

In post 2115, Garmr wrote:Also the situations you explained could also be put into play with you and tso since your certain his scum.


actually i am not certain.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2117  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:40 am

In post 2115, Garmr wrote:^Axles mind


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

baseless innuendo is fun. so is selective quoting.
The rest of that post talked about what it would take for me to vote the Anenien wagon.
(I suppose as that didn't suit your thesis, you just delete it yeah?)


as for mini 1510, and his meta
I agree, in my observation, he does not tend to post walls and cases and stuff, especially not without prompting .

What I asked for earlier were posts that showed scumminess in Aneninen not just bad.
in mini 1510 TSO said this

In post 2115, TSO in mini 1510 wrote:"If you gave reasoning for doing ...well, anything, you might be of some value as Town. As it stands, nah."


In a later post viewtopic.php?p=5425755#p5425755
" look at how cheeky Majiffy and Marquis are being in pushing lynches with no reasoning."

I am not sure how you think that meta is like this game and town read it.
So no you showing me, that you do see he is playing to his meta
as a finished discussion even now.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2118  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:43 am

EBWOP
In post 2117, AxleGreaser wrote:So the discussion where you show me,
that you do see (in this game) that he is playing to his meta (from previous games)
is not finished even now.

The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 02, 2007
Location: UK
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2119  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:52 am

OK, so Slandaar. Aeronaut's ISO seems to involve a bit of chiding people for poor play without ever saying who's scum, so the slot's a very light scum lean prior to Slandaar's entry.

Slandaar tends to continue this trend. 1773 is chiding TSO for his play. 1775 and 1785 involve questioning Axle over an 'unproductive' question. Now to be fair, he's making clear he's not caught up. However, imho when catching up, town would be more likely to focus specifically on things that are scummy, or just hold off commenting until the end of the read. Making relatively throwaway comments while reading seems like posting for the sake of it.

1787: And what is the implication of something being pure meta?

1789 isn't entirely fair to goodmorning. What GM's saying, I think, is that a push on a claimed PR is unlikely to work and likely to make you look scummy.

#1819: I see no reason for town to make this post. Boonskiies was claiming non-specific PR. EVEN IF as town, you thought some nuance of it made clear he was cop, what would be the benefit?

#1854 again emphasising the 'not caught up.' And yet you're responding to stuff about relatively ephemeral issues rather than doing said catchup?

Then again...

Once caught up, I'm reasonably happy with the GM push. The difference between 'play toward Csareo' and 'play towards anyone else' does at least seem like a thought town would have. GM's response of accusing him of tunnelling is bad - coming in and pushing a case hard =/= tunnelling.

@Slandaar: could you supply me with some meta examples of you replacing into games?

I would kinda like to know why scum would come up with the super-derpy 'not talking to someone' reaction test, though, then openly admit it wasn't in keeping with her meta. That seems convoluted and unlikely to benefit any scum end.

Izariael
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 27, 2014
Location: Narnia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2120  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:26 am

In post 1960, Garmr wrote:
In post 1955, T S O wrote:Fucking fine.

Vote: PeregrineV

If that'll get you off my fucking back, great.


How to shatter a town read by tso.


Amen.

Currently experiencing my third power outage of the day, so I'm on my phone. Using this time to catch up on reading, but posting is a lot more tedious and will have to wait.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2121  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 am

In post 2117, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2115, Garmr wrote:^Axles mind


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

baseless innuendo is fun. so is selective quoting.
The rest of that post talked about what it would take for me to vote the Anenien wagon.
(I suppose as that didn't suit your thesis, you just delete it yeah?)


as for mini 1510, and his meta
I agree, in my observation, he does not tend to post walls and cases and stuff, especially not without prompting .

What I asked for earlier were posts that showed scumminess in Aneninen not just bad.
in mini 1510 TSO said this

In post 2115, TSO in mini 1510 wrote:"If you gave reasoning for doing ...well, anything, you might be of some value as Town. As it stands, nah."


In a later post viewtopic.php?p=5425755#p5425755
" look at how cheeky Majiffy and Marquis are being in pushing lynches with no reasoning."

I am not sure how you think that meta is like this game and town read it.
So no you showing me, that you do see he is playing to his meta
as a finished discussion even now.

That's my thoughts in a nut shell and I what I think you were doing. Also Tso was hypocritical in that game and didn't give any cases himself he sheeped his mason buddy. How does those 2 posts change anything?

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2122  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:12 am

In post 1582, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 1460, The Fonz wrote:PV: NO! You still haven't answered the question of why you assumed insider knowledge rather than error.

"Most games this big have multiscum. So it's safe to assume it, therefore we can't rule out two players both being scum even if their interactions appear unlikely from teammates."

Give me literally ANY possible Thor thought process that makes even close to as much sense as the above and is compatible with your allegations.


I have feeling that knife cuts both ways.
Thor didn't seriously entertain the idea that PereV, might just believe that multiball was not likely and hence assuming it was a TMI thing. At least enough to have towny poke to see what happens.

Indeed why then neither of them called the other out for that.
I almost get the impression they are both scum, or they are both town and there is something about how they play mafia I don't get.

I am kinda leaning towards the latter, and want to lynch TSO, because I have no cognitive dissonance there that guy is not playing on the same team as me. .

What happened to they are both town do you think they are both scum now? Both have pretty much done nothing that would change there reads they are acting consistent.

But your interested in lynching Pere now what changed or do you think there both scum?

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2123  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:31 am

In post 2119, The Fonz wrote:#1819: I see no reason for town to make this post. Boonskiies was claiming non-specific PR. EVEN IF as town, you thought some nuance of it made clear he was cop, what would be the benefit?

I was explaining to Boon that as the cop you shouldn't be so obvious to ensure that other power roles, who are unsure of whether Boon was playing his role well and thought they may do similar, would know not to play like Boon.

:]

Fonzie do you actually think I would post that without an actual reason even as scum? (Hint: that wasn't the real reason)

Some of the other stuff you wrote is also equally terrible.

1
2
3

Interestingly the most recent one I didn't ever read the thread and was lynched due to my predecessor so I probably ensured I had the time to read the thread here due to that. Heh.

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2124  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:07 am

I wasn't going to reply to this but eh...
In post 2119, The Fonz wrote:1789 isn't entirely fair to goodmorning. What GM's saying, I think, is that a push on a claimed PR is unlikely to work and likely to make you look scummy.

What is the difference between scum trying to lynch a claimed PR and trying to lynch another unclaimed townie?

Neither is more or less scummy. The difference between them is the reasoning for trying to lynch - this is what defines if the person is scummy or not. Therefore if scum think they can lynch a claimed PR with the reasoning they have, then why wouldn't they?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games