Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 2743, Boonskiies wrote:"While I suspect a 4th neighborhood (your corner of the Masquerade :right: 4 corners?) I have not seen confirmation or statement of it in the thread..."

You said this, Iz.

Aneninen then replied with what you are saying. It was
you
that brought it up.

:facepalm: I'm not denying I spoke of the possibility of a fourth neighborhood, but the only speculation I've made of it is exactly this. There's been no indication that there is a fourth neighborhood, and the rest of that quote, had you chosen to read it, specifically articulated that we should be working on the assumption that it is only the three we know of until we see proof of otherwise.

You and Aneninen have been the only ones to delve into more detail of the speculation. Shiro, goodmorning and myself have not dove any further into it, or speculated who could be in a 4th neighborhood and how many people are in it. That never happened! What you have quoted is the
full extent
of my mention of it, from start to finish. It was nearly a copy/paste of my comment from day 1, just with the added bonus of a link to show exactly where I got the idea from.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2742, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2716, Scripten wrote:It's a problem if posts get lost in the noise and conversation is stopped because of it.

That is either a problem of people not reading or people not making clear points - neither are caused by intent to 1v1.

In post 2720, AxleGreaser wrote:If so are you saying hes scum because he replaced in, then read, then voted? WAT?

Why do you think this is what I said?

We post from different time zones. (often long turn around times on convos) If post as if we are having a real time convo it wont get anywhere ever, before deadline. I need to speed it up by jumping two steps
My post said, and you didnt answer

In post 2720, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2696, Thor665 wrote:Shiro is scum due to gut and wagon
placement

are you saying due to when he voted?

If so are you saying hes scum because he replaced in, then read, then voted? WAT?

The first question is an open ended question as what you said does not make clear sense to me. It is not a statement where i can say "Thor said this" (well i can quote the words but their meaning is vague.)
and you have not even then taken the opportunity to clarify your thoughts on what about "placement" you find scummy.
I don't know whether you find vote order placement to be scummy, or timing, or which wagon... (as there was by the time Shiro signed not an actual real choice.)

I am not questioning the gut part, as some stuff seems hinky, but newer/noobier players always feel hinky to me(so I discount that feel of mine)
so having faciltated an entry that is not marred by shock and awe approach to scum reading, I am now still looking.

This however is a bullshit question.
In post 2742, Thor665 wrote:Why do you think this is what I said?

I think its what you said because I read your words, and quoted your words
and asked two questions, trying to find out just what it is, that you were claiming was scummy
You answered neither...

gee ta.
you really are facilitating me getting a better read on you so well, I can hardly contain myself.

@Thread.
If the game is (1,2,3,4,5,6) I am in the one person hood. If anyone else is in a one person hood then its not that.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Good morning thinks you scum slipped also. Your speculation wasn't genuine.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2751, AxleGreaser wrote:

and asked two questions, trying to find out just what it is, that you were claiming was scummy
You answered neither...

gee ta.
you really are facilitating me getting a better read on you so well, I can hardly contain myself.

That's not valid because you acted confused and/or outraged by the conclusion you drew. You don't type WAT? at the end of a simple interrogative for clarification. You type it when you find the previous stance questionable.

So, a simple question or two to you;

1. Did you find my stance objectionable?
2. Why did you choose to use 'WAT?' in your response to me?
3. Walk me through your understanding of what I said - because you appear to make a couple of odd leaps and I don't follow them at all.

You seem to understand the idea of trying to understand others. That is great - but don't ding me for "not answering" your oddly worded question because I'm clearly trying to understand it and you. You don't get to complain about that.

To answer your question - I see no reason to deduce that placement has to do with timing. I did not mean it as such and am intrigued that you translated it as such and wish to explore that idea.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2752, Boonskiies wrote:Good morning thinks you scum slipped also. Your speculation wasn't genuine.

and goodmornings opinion is important to you because since post becuase you now read Gm as town for what reason?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 2752, Boonskiies wrote:Good morning
thinks
you scum slipped also. Your speculation wasn't genuine.

Thinks? Or thought?

She, unlike you, was open to discussing it. Read her statement to me in and then my reply in within the context of neighborhood chat.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2753, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2751, AxleGreaser wrote:

You answered neither...

gee ta.

That's not valid because you acted confused and/or outraged by the conclusion you drew. You don't type WAT? at the end of a simple interrogative for clarification. You type it when you find the previous stance questionable.

So, a simple question or two to you;

1. Did you find my stance objectionable?
2. Why did you choose to use 'WAT?' in your response to me?
3. Walk me through your understanding of what I said - because you appear to make a couple of odd leaps and I don't follow them at all.

You seem to understand the idea of trying to understand others. That is great - but don't ding me for "not answering" your oddly worded question because I'm clearly trying to understand it and you. You don't get to complain about that.

To answer your question - I see no reason to deduce that placement has to do with timing. I did not mean it as such and am intrigued that you translated it as such and wish to explore that idea.

Bollocks i type WAT where I type WAT.

I cant find an interpetation of your post that makes sense, hence WAT.
You said
placement

I can see gut, I found no interpretation of
placement
that makes sense.
So no I
Cant
walk you through it, because it didn't and does not make sense. and so far you refuse to provide any explanation that does make sense of what you said.

I fully expect there is one as there usually is, and usually I can see it, but no I cant see it. WAT.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2753, Thor665 wrote:Did you find my stance objectionable?

answer my question and tell what your stance actually is and then i will see if I have an opinion or just meh?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Nah, you bore me.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2758, Thor665 wrote:Nah, you bore me.

You make me laugh. Often with you, this time at you.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Aegor »

Votecount 2.1

[2]
AxleGreaser:
Garmr, Nero Cain
[2]
Shiro:
Thor665, Slandaar
[1]
Boonskiies:
AxleGreaser
[1]
davesaz:
Flubbernugget
[1]
Garmr:
Scripten
[1]
Izariael:
Boonskiies
[1]
Thor665:
goodmorning

[9]
Not Voting:
beastcharizard, davesaz, GrayFoxxxx, Izariael, Muffin, Shiro, T S O, TierShift, The Fonz

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline:
(expired on 2014-11-19 18:27:52)

Mod Notes

None
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

placement

In post 2753, Thor665 wrote:To answer your question - I see no reason to deduce that
placement
has to do with timing.
I did not mean it as such

So its not timing...

So... as Shiro has only voted for
your PeregrineV wagon
late in the day when there was not much other choice...

and its not the reasons but the "placement"

I am still at WAT?
and have even less idea what your words mean.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Aegor »

A reminder that specific references to posts in private threads without paraphrase or summary of their content on this forum or any other violates the following rule:

No encrypted or invisible text is allowed, including anything that approaches those or relies on knowledge not publicly available.

That is, posts such as "Remember what I said in that email" and "Check post 34 of our QT" are not allowed. Boonskiies' would qualify as a violation. Heed this warning.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2747, Shiro wrote:What boon is saying is not impossible. It makes sense but it is far fetched so to speak

From what I'm reading, it sounds like someone is lying about what was said in their hood.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

And that would be Iz. She scum slipped. Aneninen didn't want us to bring that up because of some plan or something. But we don't know how plan. Goodmorning pointed out the scum slip, Anen and I agreed with it.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:52 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

*his plan, not how.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 2764, Boonskiies wrote:And that would be Iz. She scum slipped. Aneninen didn't want us to bring that up because of some plan or something. But we don't know how plan. Goodmorning pointed out the scum slip, Anen and I agreed with it.

That can only be a scum slip if there is a 4th neighborhood has any in it admitted to it existing yet?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

The slip was different, but I'll let goodmorning bring up that.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by T S O »

How conclusive -is- the slip?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by Izariael »

Oh for crying out loud. I'm so sick of this beating around the bush. Most of the stuff I said in neighborhood last night was a rehash of things I said in Day 1 thread.

The scumslip, if I'm even understanding it correctly, was the result of a post made during the night that was very similar in nature to this one:

In post 712, Izariael wrote:The way I see it, scum will be talking amongst themselves on night 1 (if they didn't already do so on night 0) and revealing to one another who is in their neighborhoods, if applicable.

The wording was
almost identical
, except that
in the neighborhood post I didn't have the "if applicable" portion at the end
and the portion in brackets wasn't a part of it. I don't think the sentiment of the statement was changed in any capacity beyond the differences I just mentioned. I'm fairly certain the bolded portion is what led to it being called a scumslip.

The post in question came in the middle of a series of responses I had made to Aneninen's question: Was it in town's interest to have outed the existence of neighborhoods and the players in them? In the series of posts I explained my stance on it, and how Cho's early game actions and the realization that we had multiple neighborhoods had shifted my stance on it.

I've been touting that we shouldn't assume scum will be in each hood, which is the stance I believe in. However, the stance that scum would know who was in each neighborhood on Night 1 made an assumption: there was scum in every hood to know of its existence. The two don't line up, and there was a distinct disconnect in reasoning that permeated the entirety of my actions and statements on the matter, both in Day 1 and during Night 1. goodmorning commented that it looked like a scumslip, which I hadn't even understood
why
until Aneninen spoke up just before the start of Day 2. I never had a chance to continue the discussion in neighborhood thread before Day 2 started, otherwise I think this would likely not have come up, or at least not be monopolizing as much of the Day 2 play as it is.

Now, for anyone who read this post, go back and read and its follow-up .

And yes, Aneninen's "plan" for today came after all of this. I'll wait to see what happens now that this is on the table first though. Terrible things, I'm sure. :roll:
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Post by Izariael »

Actually, feel free to go back and read pretty much the entire interaction between goodmorning, Boonskiies, Shiro and myself on Day 2. I think this will shed a lot of light on some things. Very little remains that hasn't been beaten to death in the thread now.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by Izariael »

Also, for all players who are interested in bogging through this shit, keep in mind that
the entirety of Boonskiies' "productive" contributions for the night were to do the following
:

In post 2563, Boonskiies wrote:I claimed that I have a protective role in the thread, and also asked who people thought would be worth protecting.
(his non-productive contributions were to complain about a lack of focus in large games and to say that he'd be much more helpful to town if he survived the night :giggle: )

So when he says "we did this" it should really be read as "this happened but I (Boonskiies) didn't participate"

For example:
In post 2569, Boonskiies wrote:
We
also talked a lot about Egg, and how Egg targeted Peregrine yesterDay.
Uh... no
we
didn't, and certainly not Boonskiies. Aneninen made a single comment about this.
We
talked about how when there's only one person left in a neighborhood, the last immediately becomes an "auto FoS".
Again, this was Aneninen's comment. No one else discussed this particular point, though I would have engaged it had there been time. It was said after my final posts of the night.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Post by Garmr »

I don't get how that was a scum slip?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Izariael »

In post 2772, Garmr wrote:I don't get how that was a scum slip?
The statement was saying that scum would
inevitably
know who was in the neighborhoods on night one. It was faulty reasoning on my part where I was sub-consciously making the assumption that every neighborhood had scum in it and would communicate neighborhood set-up to their scum teammates. By stating that it was
inevitable
I was implying that I instead had inside knowledge that each neighborhood had scum in it or that scum already knew who was in the hoods.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Post by Izariael »

I might be completely off-base with all of this though. It was goodmorning who pointed my statement out to be a scumslip, so if it is something entirely different then she will correct me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”