NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2900  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:34 pm

No you weren't.

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2901  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 pm

In post 2899, Boonskiies wrote:Well, I was basically just trying to see goodmorning's reaction from the vote.


No you weren't.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2902  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Meh, what's a guy to do? I don't know what I'm doing right now. But Iz is scum. I'm just trying to draw a night kill.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2903  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:52 pm

You're a pr

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2904  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Trying to draw a nk

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2905  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

FUCKING NOPE.

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2906  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:54 pm

LYNCH IT WITH FIRE

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2907  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Town two shot bulletproof neighbor.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2908  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:56 pm

In post 2899, Boonskiies wrote:Well, I was basically just trying to see goodmorning's reaction from the vote. I've felt that it's hard to get into for me. A Thor lynch for me would be informational for me. People say he's scummy. They're paying more attention than I am. I'll believe you. I didn't really read like any of day 1. I just want a lynch to happen.


In post 2619, Boonskiies wrote:Thor's town. And it's multiball...


You idiot. Apology. Your play is idiotic.

You are a fine PL. FFS.

UNVOTE: Boonskies

@Thread.
Please note I have no idea whether i actually mean the unvote. (consider that as null)
Yeah like really.
Id prefer to try and scum/town read the output of http://qrng.anu.edu.au/

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2909  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:59 pm

In post 2892, goodmorning wrote:8. You're going to waste time responding to this list instead of to my accusations because I've caught you and you think you can get out of it.

Except I don't need to - your failure to advance your case with any reasoning is all the ammunition I need to call it terrible and ignore it.

In post 2892, goodmorning wrote:tier ffs why

why

Why not? You, the person who believes it the most, can't even be arsed to provide basic meta evidence that your claim holds any water at all. Why should you expect anyone else to give a fig? I mean, does this method work for you elsewhere as a wagon pushing system?

In post 2897, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2880, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2877, Flubbernugget wrote:@Thor a little more detail on why he is town would be nice though.

Put together a scum case on him and maybe I'll bother.


If you can't make a case without refuting mine there's a problem.

I would agree.
That said, by your own words I already made a case - what you want is *more* of case. At that point it would help me to understand why you find him scummy at all.
If you can't put together a scum case on someone you want to lynch that is far more of a problem. i.e. GM's entire game thus far today. :lol:

In post 2898, AxleGreaser wrote:@Thor please indicate which post by dave made you town read Boon?

Go to his iso, use Ctrl+F for 'Boon' find a post where he's talking about Boon and his claim and how he doesn't see it as a valid scum move.
That would be the post.
You now have the exact method I would use to find it - so you can do it just as easily as I can, and I don't see any reason to spend time doing the hunt for you.

All your iso of me shows is that I had an opinion and changed it - so you already know I'm not lying, and I don't think the given post matters because I state what I liked from it already, so you should be capable of assessing me and my thoughts regardless of seeing the post - so this all strikes me as empty busy work with no value.

@Axle - what's your read on Shiro? (if town please give a sentence or two why, if scum give a reason you're not voting him)

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2910  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:59 pm

In post 2907, Boonskiies wrote:Town two shot bulletproof neighbor.

:neutral:
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2911  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm just not into this game enough to think things through. I got to the point where I wasn't going to get NK'd anyways, so me being bullet proof doesn't mean anything anymore. There was a reason for me trying to pointlessly claim a PR. I've never been NK'd before though.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2912  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:13 pm

In post 2909, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2897, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 2880, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2877, Flubbernugget wrote:@Thor a little more detail on why he is town would be nice though.

Put together a scum case on him and maybe I'll bother.


If you can't make a case without refuting mine there's a problem.

I would agree.
That said, by your own words I already made a case - what you want is *more* of case. At that point it would help me to understand why you find him scummy at all.
If you can't put together a scum case on someone you want to lynch that is far more of a problem. i.e. GM's entire game thus far today. :lol:


Yeah so far all I remember your case being is that he was town. Which is a case in the same way bowling is a sport.

Flubbernugget
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2913  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:15 pm

In post 2911, Boonskiies wrote:I'm just not into this game enough to think things through. I got to the point where I wasn't going to get NK'd anyways, so me being bullet proof doesn't mean anything anymore. There was a reason for me trying to pointlessly claim a PR. I've never been NK'd before though.


It must suck that you don't have a game full of vi's to hide behind right now.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2914  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:41 pm

In post 2907, Boonskiies wrote:Town two shot bulletproof neighbor.

How does this point out there's multiscum? I thought you were hinting at something else.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2915  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 pm

In post 2909, Thor665 wrote:if scum give a reason you're not voting him

I am busy doing something else. :) (reading an ISO looking for post that appears not to exist...)

If my read is he is on the scummy side of the player list, the reason I wouldn't be voting him at this time would be
I had better things to do with my vote.
I expect time will make me surer
hes not at the head of the list

or one of the many other reasons i usually dont vote people at this time.

HTH HAND.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2916  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:54 pm

I thought my two shot BP made sense for it to be bulletproof. Why else would it be there? There's probably a SK in this game instead of a second scum faction.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2917  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 pm

I'm a village idiot on town and a crazy mad genius on scum.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2918  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:56 pm

In post 2916, Boonskiies wrote:I thought my two shot BP made sense for it to be bulletproof. Why else would it be there? There's probably a SK in this game instead of a second scum faction.



Meant to say multiball.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

goodmorning
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: October 15, 2012
Location: THE SWAMPS OF MOSQUITOEY HELL (aka Orlando, FL)
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2919  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:17 am

In post 2894, Slandaar wrote:
In post 2892, goodmorning wrote:I found the line about you not having seen what I said very sly, considering you didn't see what Izariael said either.

How would I see it in your hood qt?

Do you remember the context in which you said that line? If not, there's no point to this.

In post 2899, Boonskiies wrote:A Thor lynch for me would be informational for me... I didn't really read like any of day 1. I just want a lynch to happen.

Do you see that there's something of a disconnect in your thought process here?
How would a Thor lynch be informational if you haven't read anything?

In post 2909, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2892, goodmorning wrote:8. You're going to waste time responding to this list instead of to my accusations because I've caught you and you think you can get out of it.

Except I don't need to - your failure to advance your case with any reasoning is all the ammunition I need to call it terrible and ignore it.

HEY LOOK I WAS RIGHT
YOU IGNORED THE PART OF THE POST IN WHICH I PROVIDED EVIDENCE THAT YOU'VE DONE LITTLE, AND THAT LITTLE NOT MAKING MUCH SENSE
AND YOU IGNORED IT IN FAVOUR OF A CHEAP DISCREDIT

HOW MUCH MORE ATTENTION-GRABBING DO I HAVE TO MAKE THIS: IS ANYONE AT ALL TOWNREADING THOR RIGHT NOW? FUCKING EXPLAIN IT.

In post 2892, goodmorning wrote:tier ffs why

why

Why not? You, the person who believes it the most, can't even be arsed to provide basic meta evidence that your claim holds any water at all. Why should you expect anyone else to give a fig? I mean, does this method work for you elsewhere as a wagon pushing system?

I don't plan to go digging through mountains of posts for meta points which no-one will believe anyway. I don't like to randomly change playing fields just because the other team wants to. I don't think that you'd accept it even if I did. The last time I tried to bring meta evidence you said "well I can't tell the difference" and that was that. I'm not wasting my time.
That is also not what I meant when I said "why". If it had been a question there would have been punctuation involved.

If you can't put together a scum case on someone you want to lynch that is far more of a problem. i.e. GM's entire game thus far today. :lol:

This would be far funnier if I hadn't just spent quite a bit of time pointing out how utterly useless you've been acting.

In post 2907, Boonskiies wrote:Town two shot bulletproof neighbor.

Hm. This doesn't really explain the neighbourhood conversation about whether anyone was worth protecting unless that was an exceedingly clumsy bluff as well.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
Calling On Dragons coming eventually!

Get to know a very pleasant AM.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2920  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:19 am

In post 2916, Boonskiies wrote:I thought my two shot BP made sense for it to be bulletproof. Why else would it be there? There's probably a SK in this game instead of a second scum faction.

In post 572, Boonskiies wrote:I'm almost positive it's multiball. My role basically implies it.


rubbish
you change your story so fast my head spins.

Garmr
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 23, 2013
Location: The Ban Thread
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2921  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:33 am

In post 2920, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2916, Boonskiies wrote:I thought my two shot BP made sense for it to be bulletproof. Why else would it be there? There's probably a SK in this game instead of a second scum faction.

In post 572, Boonskiies wrote:I'm almost positive it's multiball. My role basically implies it.


rubbish
you change your story so fast my head spins.

Bah I hate to say this but I agree with axle.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2922  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:33 am

Well, it doesn't really matter if I do tbh. I'm town. My posts are village idiot. Can't say I'm not consistent when it keeps happening. ;)
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2923  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:02 am

In post 2911, Boonskiies wrote:I'm just not into this game enough to think things through. I got to the point where I wasn't going to get NK'd anyways, so me being bullet proof doesn't mean anything anymore. There was a reason for me trying to pointlessly claim a PR. I've never been NK'd before though.

:neutral:

In post 2912, Flubbernugget wrote:Yeah so far all I remember your case being is that he was town. Which is a case in the same way bowling is a sport.

:neutral:

In post 2919, goodmorning wrote:HEY LOOK I WAS RIGHT
YOU IGNORED THE PART OF THE POST IN WHICH I PROVIDED EVIDENCE THAT YOU'VE DONE LITTLE, AND THAT LITTLE NOT MAKING MUCH SENSE
AND YOU IGNORED IT IN FAVOUR OF A CHEAP DISCREDIT

I thought my discredit was pretty darn effective and you running around wringing your hands complaining that I'm not excited by your nonexistent case appears to be playing perfectly into my hands if my goal is to present your case as narf and you a fool who should be ignored.

Why should I think anything else about this non-case you've been nuthugging for two phases now?

Also, maybe I am useless - but you are less useful than me, so keep that in mind as you complain.

AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 19, 2014
Location: (+10)

Post Post #2924  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:40 am

In post 2909, Thor665 wrote:Go to his iso, use Ctrl+F for 'Boon' find a post where he's talking about Boon and his claim and how he doesn't see it as a valid scum move.

Ok.
Looking prior to your post where you referred to it. ()
Spoiler: here is every post where Dave talks about Boon
In post 929, davesaz wrote:@Boonskiies: your Cho read is getting stale. What do you think now? Have you even considered questioning anyone or doing other scum hunting?

In post 648, davesaz wrote:
In post 646, Garmr wrote:
In post 562, Boonskiies wrote:Don't push me to claim, please.



In post 572, Boonskiies wrote:I'm almost positive it's multiball. My role basically implies it.

Kinda annoyed that someone would passively role claim day 1 with only one vote on them. If it is multiball all you had to do was wait one day and you could of keeped it hidden from scum. Unless your just saying that to get some town cred but that will sort itself out in time.

UNVOTE: boon

VOTE: Aneninen


Read . I don't think that anyone should claim as a result of this whole multiball thing. Though seeing this interaction it makes me want to consider going after everyone who mentioned it before the big conversation started to see if this whole mess is one big fishing expedition.

Spoiler: Every post where dave replies to someone who talked about Boon, but dave doesnt
In post 504, davesaz wrote:
In post 501, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 491, TobyLoby wrote:@Pere, What are your thoughts now that you've read the thread?

Varied and probably not very exciting, but here goes.

Players:
1. Aeronaut*- In some twist of irony has fewer posts than me. We'll see what the catchup police have to say about him, I suppose.
2. Alina- replaced? being replaced?
3. Aneninen- early scumvibes. Later, saying and doing the right things, but taking the meticulous post-by-post approach with no analysis of the posts along with the stunningly empty conclusion of Pere is scum (418). This can easily be compared to Thor's with actual reasons (even if wrong).
4. Boonskiies- Probably scum
5. Cho- thought the mafia claim was good discussion starter. However, it never went anywhere after that, nor was it used to start discussion. For that, downgraded from town-rvs to null (I think psychologically that when scum claim scum it helps relieve their conscious about being scum. If others take it as fake/humor, so much the better. In any scumclaim cases, esp. RVS, ) Nothing has improved the null read, including the wagon on him.
6. GrayfoxxxxCsareo- I liked for town at the start. That diminshed somewhat by the TSO tunnel. Grayfoxx is still got some town sheen, and has not degraded it any since taking over. We'll see how it goes.
7. davesaz- Early scumvibes. Improved somewhat, but still hits me when I read some of his posts. There is scumhunting there, but it seems of the cautious type.
8. Egg- Liked his early push on me. His later self-doubt I read somewhat as town, but keeping your vote there after expressing that doubt takes away the town cred. This is one I'm be exploring more of later.
9. Garmr- probably town.
10. goodmorning- Another player I usually start reading with a town bias towards their posts. So when I read them and feel icky, not a good sign. Leaning scum.
11. Goofyd00d- Early scumvibes. Some of the things he says are contradictions in and of themselves. ( and are examples)
12. hephaestus*- skimmed and will catchup later
13. Izariael- Already discussed. early townlean, but high expectations expected.
14. Muffin- Torn here. Outing neighborhood protown, but votes Cho as scum same post. claims I scumposted without a definition of why it's scumposting (very similar to Aneninen).
15. Nero Cain- early townvibes. We'll see if these stay.
16. PeregrineV- So town! My God, so town!
17. Scripten- early scumvibes. Some wording makes me wonder.392- A vote on him for "town cred" can only be town cred if Scripten is scum. Stuff like that keeps me from calling you town.
18. T S O- I think he's town this game. Probably means he's scum. Not my issue, but not voting him right now.
19. Thor665- early townread, but then downhill (slowly) from there, as he votes opposite my opinion. Kind of used to that, so not a full on scumread for that at this point.
The worst Thor post was calling this game multiball ( and ) for pretty much no reason (because it's 21 players?!?). Should there turn out to be 2 scumteams, I'll probably strongly advocate for a Thor lynch. Until then, I'll go back and forth with and about him trying to figure out if he is town that I just don't get or scum trying to trick me. Always fun. :]
20. TierShift- very early scumvibe, went away slowly. I see peeks of town, but not enough. Null for now, looking for more.
21. TobyLoby- Early null. The styling of some of her posts I think is town, but their delivery and followup are not there. It's like a one-way questioning but I don't think I've seen responses to the responses to her questions. Slight null-scum, but waiting for a strong read to pop.

More on this multiball thing- When otherscum have otherscum to hunt for, it's easier for them to look town. If it does turn out to be 2 scumteams, that would explain why most of the active posters aren't looking too scummy- they are also scumhunting. But, not crossing that bridge until we get to it, if ever.


I have a feeling that there will be people you're reading that I would say I don't have enough information on, so still null to me. I don't think it is fair to call that caution though. I believe being honest about nulls is town while making up a read on little or no evidence is scummy. Not extremely scummy, so not enough to use that by itself as a read.

One of your observations about Thor reminds me of something I've seen at another site. I want to closely re-read the thread before commenting on this further, so this part of my post is largely a reminder to myself to come back to it. Can't spend that much time on it at work. [spoiler2=""]Check my profile age if you want to know why the reminder lol[/spoiler2]

Thor the post you claim exists does not exist in this thread.

So no Thor I cant find the post.

Dave does not say what you claim he said in this game thread.

Could you try searching in another thread where you and Dave can both post but I cant see it?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games