Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Yeaaaaah...

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. (A la As You Like It)
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 3267, Garmr wrote:I'm giving these tips so people reading will at least be interested and I really don't mind being a wagon.

Why the heck is this disclaimer in your post? It looks forced as shit.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 am

Post by TierShift »

Look, thor.
You made the statement about there being many more anen mentions than pere mentions. Muffin tried to show there weren't. You just said he was doing it wrong and you said he was twisting your words. You also suggested there were more anen posts than muffin showed due to pronouns.

Instead, you could just show that there were more anen mentions than pere mentions.

But now I did a shiro ISO and found that there is about 1 post more on anen (than on pere), in which she calls him scum. In the following post already, she says she was probably wrong. Your previous suggestion that there were more posts because of pronouns is simply wrong.

I don't understand why you're just telling other people that they're wrong when they're trying to understand your arguments, instead of explaining/correcting them? And when your basis is wrong, why do you keep insisting other people are to blame?
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 3277, TierShift wrote:And when your basis is wrong, why do you keep insisting other people are to blame?

Because Thor wins his arguments/debates by cramming his opinions down other people's throats, regardless of their validity, until the opposition loses motivation to continue the discussion.

Then he scumreads them by saying that they were not pushing their arguments at all or that they must have been arguing something they didn't believe if they would drop it so readily.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3277, TierShift wrote:Instead, you could just show that there were more anen mentions than pere mentions.

and if true Thors actually wrong about something... when was the last time you saw him back down?

and if hes wrong would it make him scum.
and if hes just reluctant would it make him scum.

and basically please explain why you are scum reading him. (he has claimed he can fool me all of the time)

(please note I dont actually know who is right out of Thor and Muffin's tiff, and I am not sure I care..)

either that or you could vote for the forced as shit scummy guy? (he says he wont mind)
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:56 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3278, Izariael wrote:Because Thor wins his arguments/debates by cramming his opinions down other people's throats, regardless of their validity, until the opposition loses motivation to continue the discussion.

Then he scumreads them by saying that they were not pushing their arguments at all or that they must have been arguing something they didn't believe if they would drop it so readily.

and does he do that as both town and scum? (because I am sure he does it as town.)

(although he does not always call them scummy, especially if they are not)
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:59 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 3280, AxleGreaser wrote:(although he does not always call them scummy, especially if they are not)

Ah yes, you're right. I forgot that he could also call them terrible town or bad town.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 am

Post by TierShift »

I've never played with thor before. But you're saying his town MO is discrediting people who are right?
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3234, Thor665 wrote:Okay, look, it is OBVIOUS that I was talking about the amount of the relative conversation about each person. i literally said as much.

Soo you are saying the fact that I had more relative conversations about Anen(specificaly with Axl) that made me view him in a better light thus conclude that Pere is the better wagon at the time scummy.....

How?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:08 am

Post by Slandaar »

Thor

I got this.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2420, Shiro wrote:
Pere is honestly the same but less regard. He is only off when talking with Thor but most people that argued with thor ended up seeming off after it is that a thing ? I did notice he has a knack for winning argument. The fact that most people on pere wagoon have little reason of their own and just follow thor is off by itself . Especially earlier. Liek using Thor abbility to push well to further a lynch. He pretyt much hold his own when talking to others about the case.

I guess best wagon is Anen. His posts seem off and coming right out of a game that he was town(even if I was maf) his post don't have the same town vibe they had there. I don't really know how to explain this tbh. Has GM noted anything similar to that ? If I recall Tier has and he was in the same game I speak of.

Mentions Pere and Ane equallyish.
In post 2436, Shiro wrote:Hmmm first of the pigeon jokes felt off I had hard time believing that the person that made a complicated impssible to see crypto message acted that way.

He had many posts that made little sense but screamed screamed town. I don't really see that here either

His approach to being top counterwagon want as defensive.

I get the feeling he is more laid back here but that might be cause of his TSO interaction which would have made most people go fuck it.

Tier has a point though half a newbie game isn't sufficient meta to cross check.

That is on top of my head. Will read his and Pere ISOs when I get home to try and make a better conclusion .

Talks about Anen mostly brief mention of PV
In post 2462, Shiro wrote:Thor can I ask you something ? I think I understand your reason behind Pere wagoon but why wouldnt scum pere back off when he had the chance ? I mean he had a few chances biggest being the one where it was pointed that there was a misundersating with what multball meant. Why wouldn't he step away and spare himself all this trouble ? He was clearly losing the argument anyway.

Asks about PV
In post 2488, Shiro wrote:Ok after reading Anen ISO a few times I don't see him as scummy as I initialy though maybe TSO constant "He is scum" rubbed on me as I was reading through everything in one go.

Axl

1. Well when pressured and your response is pooping it did make me raise an eyebrow but then again he was pressured with pretty much nothing. Soo..

2. Well for one when in L-1 he stopped caring about not getting lynched and tried to show what should be looked at if he is lynched.

3. No which is why I said it is probably because of TSO action.

4. Yes actually. I mean why respond defensivly to empty stuff ?

5. Well as I mentioned a bit above after re reading it like 2 times I am left with a better impression. *Sigh*

Also not sure if that what you asked but:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58764
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58767

Eh I dunno I am not going ot vote for Thor wagoon cause it makes absolutly no sense, and now after the re reads I feel relucant to vote for Anen. He does seem like a nicely placed mislynch. God damn it...Dx

@Dave if that makes any diifference back in the game she was IC with me everyone did say that her day 1 play is evassive and vague as town. Litteraly everyone that knew her said so. It drove a person mad xD

Lots of thoughts about Anen
In post 2513, Shiro wrote:
VOTE:PERE

I thought Anen was best but eh now I dont want it and Thor is still a really horrible wagon imo so yea

Votes PV

So, we can see way more discussion about Ane than PV.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Slandaar »

I think that actually explains why I dislike 2462 so much. Anen get's all these thoughts about him and PV gets a 'Thor wouldn't PV do x as scum??'
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:22 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3286, Slandaar wrote:I think that actually explains why I dislike 2462 so much. Anen get's all these thoughts about him and PV gets a 'Thor wouldn't PV do x as scum??'

Shiro wrote:
In post 3234, Thor665 wrote:Okay, look, it is OBVIOUS that I was talking about the amount of the relative conversation about each person. i literally said as much.

Soo you are saying the fact that I had more relative conversations about Anen(specificaly with Axl) that made me view him in a better light thus conclude that Pere is the better wagon at the time scummy.....

How?

What I just posted to Thor.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:25 am

Post by Slandaar »

PV was the leading wagon, whom you voted while managing to take no responsibility with your vote with the progression you took.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 3288, Slandaar wrote:PV was the leading wagon, whom you voted while managing to take no responsibility with your vote with the progression you took.

I don't follow... Shiro isn't denying that she voted PV? What kind of responsibility
should
she be putting on her vote? How are others taking responsibility for their votes in ways that she is not?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:42 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3285, Slandaar wrote:So, we can see way more discussion about Ane than PV.

I lost track...
does that mean you just showed something Thor said was right? (BTW I probably don't care but curious as I lost track)
(when viewed with certain interpretation of the words)(dunno if that caveat is required or not)

Was it alignment indicative?

How?

Time to Vote Garmr? because he is scummy, and "forced as shit"
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

If you have two wagons you would expect someone who is town to look at them both equally. The issue is Shiro has focused on the smaller wagon more than the larger wagon and when he was townreading both voted the larger wagon with no real reason other than 'the other wagon is town'.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:51 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

If you want to make this argument
In post 3288, Slandaar wrote:PV was the leading wagon, whom you voted while managing to take no responsibility with your vote with the progression you took.

this post and the language in it

I thought Anen was best but eh now I dont want it and Thor is still a really horrible wagon imo so yea

Support you.

or they are a newb forced into to making a lynch decision shortly after starting the game on great big mess of an argument.
True Shiro tried to bail out on the easier Anen vote.

So I pushed. Shiro posted lots of words in answer to questions about the first vote.

True today Shiro is failing to be focussed on finding scum and keeps coming back to "why are you voting Shiro..."
@Shiro, doing that is pointless, how will you ever work out who you want to vote, the most important thing you do today?

The argument about numbers of references is utter filler BS.
You not only have to really count how much attention was paid to each but why it happened.

I asked Shiro questions about Anen. Shiro replied.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:54 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 3275, Boonskiies wrote:Yeaaaaah...

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. (A la As You Like It)

Why is Shiro's vote any scummier than the others? I think there were several votes on there that were far scummier than a replacement player voting into a deadline lynch.
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:58 am

Post by Izariael »

Should she have instead separated herself from the major wagons and voted for someone else entirely in a manner that would have no impact on the final result beyond pushing us closer to no-lynch?

Pedit: why the schnozz did it quote boons in my last post. That was not the intended quote.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:00 am

Post by TierShift »

Slandaar's focus on proving thor's factual basis right is so wrong
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:02 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3291, Slandaar wrote:If you have two wagons you would expect someone who is town to look at them both equally.

our mind meld (or the one i felt is broken.)
I absolutely do not expect that. i expect them to take as much time as is required to find out about each.
With two wagons and need to lynch... I might actually choose to find out about the easier wagon and see if I could become so sure on it the other became the default lynch.

In 2420 Shiro indicated an initial preference for the Anen
I asked questions
I asked even more questions at
about there having got Shiro talking i let go ...

The issue is Shiro has focused on the smaller wagon more than the larger wagon and when he was townreading both voted the larger wagon with no real reason other than 'the other wagon is town'.

also as they both flipped town...
PoE is thing?

I am not really seeing what is being discussed here.

Is it that Shiro caved to what you perceive as pressure? What seemed popular? (got the least argument?)
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:14 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3289, Izariael wrote:

I don't follow... Shiro isn't denying that she voted PV? What kind of responsibility
should
she be putting on her vote? How are others taking responsibility for their votes in ways that she is not?

This

sounds "mealy mouthed"

and if Shiro was experienced who knew the lingo... then as town or scum

Shiro would have used PoE in an assertive forthright sentence that sounded just fine.

It is a mole hill...

Its not a case

neither is the argument around it, as near as I can tell.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:16 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3295, TierShift wrote:Slandaar's focus on proving thor's factual basis right is so wrong

I agree.

In post 3282, TierShift wrote:I've never played with thor before. But you're saying his town MO is discrediting people who are right?

I also dont like discredit being in this, when it was not said. (as far as i saw)

I am funny like that.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:22 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3295, TierShift wrote:Slandaar's focus on proving thor's factual basis right is so wrong

so was you arguing about it here?

In post 3277, TierShift wrote:Look, thor.
You made the statement about there being many more anen mentions than pere mentions. Muffin tried to show there weren't. You just said he was doing it wrong and you said he was twisting your words. You also suggested there were more anen posts than muffin showed due to pronouns.

Instead, you could just show that there were more anen mentions than pere mentions.

But now I did a shiro ISO and found that there is about 1 post more on anen (than on pere), in which she calls him scum. In the following post already, she says she was probably wrong. Your previous suggestion that there were more posts because of pronouns is simply wrong.

I don't understand why you're just telling other people that they're wrong when they're trying to understand your arguments, instead of explaining/correcting them? And when your basis is wrong, why do you keep insisting other people are to blame?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”