Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Bladesmith
- at night you may target any one player. You will learn if that player has a knife. You win with the town.
Modnotes - gets reading of knife on SK's and Doc's only, like how Gunsmiths can get gun on Mafia, Vig, and sometimes cop.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Seol wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Bladesmith
- at night you may target any one player. You will learn if that player has a knife. You win with the town.
Modnotes - gets reading of knife on SK's and Doc's only, like how Gunsmiths can get gun on Mafia, Vig, and sometimes cop.
Not on the Chef?
I have never heard of a role called Chef. What's it do? As long as it has a kind of knife I guess the bladsmith would find it.

Also I did not make bladesmith up all by myself, I have seen the role elsewhere, but its very rare.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Sidekick
- When the game starts choose one of the following town power roles: (Cop, Doc, Vig, Role Blocker, etc)
At night you may check one target player and see if they are the town power role you have chosen to search for. You win with the town. Go lynch the scum!
Modnotes - To add dimension to the role you may add roles that aren't in the setup to the role choice list. You can also mess with its sanity if you wanted to turn this into a worst role. You can also add the condition that should the sidekick die, all players will learn what you chose to search for.

Should the user pick a role in the setup, the user can now effectivly help that player defend from lynches. Should they pick Cop and find a cop, they will know to look for bread crumbs from that player and to support their suspicions during the game.

You could make certain variants of this role like "Cop Finder" suspifically. Should the mafia then later on kill the "Cop Finder", they will now have depth to try and find the cop based on who the finder buddied up too. So esentially the cop finder would be almost a guard to a king. And should the finder have not found the cop or there isn't a cop in the setup, now the mafia will be sent on a bastardize chase for the cop.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Momento was an awesome film.

This role I once posted in worst ideas because its way too powerful. Only way it can loose is via mod kill or a superkill that bipasses protection. I felt like a god when I got this role on irc. Had it for 2 nights and then a tracker caught me killing someone. So I had to
win
by getting lynched. Its too powerful!
Rogue Comando Jester (sk):
You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #56 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

NEW
Decoy (Weak Bodyguard)
- at night you may target any one player. If that player chooses to kill someone, then you will become their target and die. If your target is selected to be nked by one or more killers, only you will die instead. You win with the town. Go lynch the scum!
Modnotes - A weak doc dies if it protects scum and succeeds in protecting its target otherwise. It learns if its target is scum and protects them. This role works along simular principles except it is more like a bodyguard who will die pending on its target killing or being killed.

I see a weak doc as as more investigative then protective and this role i see as much more protective since it stops outgoing and ingoing kills while being able to guard goons the don't send kills without harm. Vigs will hit you too.

Revised
Bladesmith (Knife Finder)
Modnotes - gets reading of knife on SK's, Caterers (chefs), and Docs only. The role works simular to Gunsmiths that can get gun on Mafia, Vig, and sometimes cop.

Sidekick ("Role" Finder)
- When the game starts choose one of the following town-aligned power roles:
"Cop, Doc, Vig, Role Blocker, etc"
At night you may check one target player and see if they are the town-aligned power role you have chosen to search for. You win with the town. Go lynch the scum!
Modnotes - To add dimension to the role you may add roles that aren't in the setup to the role choice list. You can also mess with its sanity if you wanted to turn this into a worst role. You can also add the condition that should the sidekick die, all players will learn what it chose to search for.

Should the user pick a role in the setup, the user can now effectivly help that player defend from lynches. Should they pick Cop and find a cop, they will know to look for bread crumbs from that player and to support their suspicions during the game. The role effectivly can only learn one innocent on there pre-chosen search target.

You could make certain variants of this role like "Cop Finder" suspifically if you wanted to auto-determine what they search for, based on game balance. And should the mafia then later on kill the "Cop" Finder, they will now have depth to try and find the cop based on who the finder buddied up to. So esentially the cop finder would be almost a guard to a king in AITP. And should the finder have not found the cop or there isn't a cop in the setup, now the mafia will be sent on a bastardize chase for the cop.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Expert Witness
- Matlock, Perry Mason, My cousin Vinny, they all ocasionally had one that would tip things in another players favor and get another person charged with murder. Once during the game you may use the following skill during twighlight only. You will change the days lynch target to someone else of your choosing. That's right, you will have full authority over who gets lynched instead of someone else. BUT there is a catch. The person you choose must have a different alignment then the person really getting lynched. You can not use this skill to save yourself, and the rest of the town will be told you are the one who changed the lynch target. They will not be told what role or alignment you have when the skill is used. You win with the town. Go lynch the scum!
Modnotes - This skill can win the game for the town, should the scum quick lynch a townie and begin to brag before the mod calls it game over. However it is possible for you to take a mafioso that is being lynched and substitute them with an inocent townie. Let's see them try explaining that one during the next day!

Bribed Witness
- You are scum with ______. You love money. Money is good. And you therefore have the power to save one of your scum buddies from being lynched and instead get any other player not in your faction lynched. You can only use this skill once during twighlight. You can not use this skill to save yourself, and the rest of the town will be told you are the one who changed the lynch target. They will not be told what role or alignment you have when the skill is used. You win with your scum faction when you obtain majority over the town or when nothing can be done to prevent this. Kick some ass!
Modnotes - This skill can seal the deal and win the game for the scum, should they bus, and their scum buddy admits to being scum followed by a self vote or hammer. However should they spare their scum buddy outside of lylo, I forsee both of them getting lynched over the next couple of days. Let's see if they can possibly avoid that.

I wonder how these roles would play out in a situation involving multiple scum groups. I forsee some level of choas evolving from one mafioso getting switched with one from an entirely different scum group. Both a bribed and expert witness could do that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes, it would fail. I designed it like that on purpose simply so the "However" parts of my mod notes would be possible. They are two roles with big pay offs that can screw you over during the next day should you spare a mafioso and lynch a townie instead. They're basically the govenor role with a bus driver and cop twist.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:Yes, it would fail. I designed it like that on purpose simply so the "However" parts of my mod notes would be possible. They are two roles with big pay offs that can screw you over during the next day should you spare a mafioso and lynch a townie instead. They're basically the govenor role with a bus driver and cop twist.
My original design of the role should include some more description to get my point across better

Revisions

PokerFace wrote:
Expert Witness
- Matlock, Perry Mason, My cousin Vinny, they all ocasionally had one that would tip things in another players favor and get another person charged with murder.
You can only use the following skill during twighlight. Once you Sucessfully switch a lynch, you will loose this skill completly and be unable to switch another lynch ever again.
You will change the days lynch target to someone else of your choosing. That's right, you will have full authority over who gets lynched instead of someone else. BUT there is a catch. The person you choose must have a different alignment then the person really getting lynched. You can not use this skill to save yourself, and the rest of the town will be told you are the one who changed the lynch target. They will not be told what role or alignment you have when the skill is used. You win with the town. Go lynch the scum!
Modnotes - This skill can win the game for the town, should the scum quick lynch a townie and begin to brag before the mod calls it game over. However it is possible for you to take a mafioso that is being lynched and substitute them with an inocent townie. Let's see them try explaining that one during the next day!

Bribed Witness
- You are scum with ______. You love money. Money is good. And you therefore have the power to save one of your scum buddies from being lynched and instead get any other player not in your faction lynched.
You can only use the following skill during twighlight. Once you Sucessfully switch a lynch, you will loose this skill completly and be unable to switch another lynch ever again.
You can not use this skill to save yourself, and the rest of the town will be told you are the one who changed the lynch target. They will not be told what role or alignment you have when the skill is used. You win with your scum faction when you obtain majority over the town or when nothing can be done to prevent this. Kick some ass!
Modnotes - This skill can seal the deal and win the game for the scum, should they bus, and their scum buddy admits to being scum followed by a self vote or hammer. However should they spare their scum buddy outside of lylo, I forsee both of them getting lynched over the next couple of days. Let's see if they can possibly avoid that.

I wonder how these roles would play out in a situation involving multiple scum groups. I forsee some level of choas evolving from one mafioso getting switched with one from an entirely different scum group. Both a bribed and expert witness could do that.
Read the underlined additions for they do fully what I intend for them to do now. And the expert witness kicks more ass powerwise for the town. Yet the chance you'll switch a scum with a townie will increase the more times you try the skill. Perhaps its too powerful so maybe one shot is more desired, but it is more choatic like this.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Let's Mess with Trackers and Watchers time!

We know how these roles become new roles when their predecessors go down.
Deputy (or Retired Cop)
- Should there be a cop in play and they die, you will become a cop and be able to investigate one person each night learning if they are mafia.
Nurse
- Should there be a doc in play and they die, you will become a doc and be able to protect one person each night from dieing to 1 kill.
Miller
- Will show up as guilty or scum to all Cop investigations
But Consider these:

Peeping Tom
- Should there be a watcher in play and they die, you will become a watcher and be able to watch one person each night learning who targets them.
Patsy
- Should there be a tracker in play and they die, you will become a watcher and be able to track one person each night learning who targets them
Grave Digger
- Miller Variant that will be seen as targeting any and all players that died during the previous night, by trackers and watchers.
And now some Mafia aligned Roles:

Mafia Undertaker
- Framer Variant that can makes it look like his target killed each player that died last night. He can choose any player each night.
Mafia Ninja
- Mafia Goon who can't be seen by trackers or watchers whenever he kills or somehow uses another action.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #65 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Now let's mess with the sanity of Trackers and Watchers!

A Tracker or Watcher that always gets a No Result is Blind or
Naive Tracker or Watcher

A Tracker or Watcher that saw a random result would be
Random Trackers or Watchers

A Tracker that sees
people that performed actions last night
target no one
AND see people that did not perform actions last night
target random people, would be an
Insane Tracker

A Watcher that sees
everyone that didn't use an action last night
target their watchee would be an
Insane Watcher

Tracker that always gets their trackee going to each player that died last night would be
Paranoid Tracker
. If nobody dies the paranoid tracker sees his trackee targetting the paranoid tracker.

Watcher that always gets everyone as going to their target would be
Paranoid Watcher
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #67 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #81 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #86 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

A Jester with a twist that can actually help the Town or Scum pending who hammers it.
Political Lobbyist
- If you are night killed or if you survive to the end of the game, you loose. You win if you are lynched during the day. You can not self hammer. When you are lynched the game will not end or go directly to night. Insted the next night phase will be skipped and things will proceed directly to the next day. During this next day, the player that hammered you will be King for that day. They will have full decision on who is lynched that day. Not like it will really matter to you since you'll already have won the game for yourself. You can pretty much just sitback, relax, and enjoy the show at that point.
Mod Notes - Lynch the Jester and you get a prize.

To add some zing to the role you could have the Jester's win condition not just based on having them get lynched. You could make some other requirement hindging on the Hammer Droppers further actions or alignment.

Edit: Version 2. Now we have some zing that will actually make things a little dificult for the Jester and any dumb players since it is sometimes rather easy to lynch a Jester
Political Lobbyist
- If you are night killed or if you survive to the end of the game, you loose. You win if you are lynched during the day. You can not self vote or claim your role ever. Should someone call or speculate that you are a Jester before you are lynched, it will take one less vote to lynch them that day. When you are lynched the game will not end or go directly to night. Instead the next night phase will be skipped and things will proceed directly to the next day. During this next day, the player that hammered you will be King for that day. They will have full decision on who is lynched that day. Not like it will really matter to you since you'll already have won the game for yourself. You can pretty much just sitback, relax, and enjoy the show at that point.
Mod Notes - Lynch the Jester and you get a prize.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

TAX wrote:Ashamed Lyncher- You are pro-town. If three people you voted to lynch were innocent you hang yourself.
I think this would better fit as a worse role idea. Its essentially a townie with a contious who kills himself putting the town even further behind then they were after 3 mislynches.

Still an interesting role I wouldn't mind using sometime, but I wouldn't call it a Best role. But since it hurts itself and the town it is a good role for bastard modding.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #103 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

This clearly needs a bump along with this link

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9911
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
Let's Mess with Trackers and Watchers time!

We know how these roles become new roles when their predecessors go down.
Deputy (or Retired Cop)
- Should there be a cop in play and they die, you will become a cop and be able to investigate one person each night learning if they are mafia.
Nurse
- Should there be a doc in play and they die, you will become a doc and be able to protect one person each night from dieing to 1 kill.
Miller
- Will show up as guilty or scum to all Cop investigations
But Consider these:

Peeping Tom (or Sightseer)
- Should there be a watcher in play and they die, you will become a watcher and be able to watch one person each night learning who targets them.
Patsy (or Follower)
- Should there be a tracker in play and they die, you will become a watcher and be able to track one person each night learning who targets them
Grave Digger
- Miller Variant that will be seen as targeting any and all players that died during the previous night, by trackers and watchers.
And now some Mafia aligned Roles:

Mafia Undertaker
- Framer Variant that can makes it look like his target killed each player that died last night. He can choose any player each night.
Mafia Ninja
- Mafia Goon who can't be seen by trackers or watchers whenever he kills or somehow uses another action.
PokerFace wrote:
Now let's mess with the sanity of Trackers and Watchers!

A Tracker or Watcher that always gets a No Result is Blind or
Naive Tracker or Watcher

A Tracker or Watcher that saw a random result would be
Random Trackers or Watchers

A Tracker that sees people that performed actions last night target no one AND sees people that did not perform actions last night target
people that died last night
, would be an
Insane Tracker
If nobody died last night, then the insane tracker sees his Vanilla Target go to the insane tracker.

A Watcher that sees everyone that didn't use an action last night, target their watchee would be an
Insane Watcher

Tracker that always gets their trackee going to each player that died last night would be
Paranoid Tracker
. If nobody dies the paranoid tracker sees his trackee targetting the paranoid tracker.

Watcher that always gets everyone as going to their target would be
Paranoid Watcher
Fixed in italics so its not random
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #110 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Patsy (or Follower)
I like my Patsy tracker variant better.
Patsy:
You are Patsy, humble page boy to King Arthur. You are equipped with a coconut that allows you to transport a single person over large distances each night. Using your ability you can grant another player the power to track a second target. Your request should be formatted as “I want PlayerA to track PlayerB.” Note that you cannot be either the tracker or the target of tracking for your night action.
Yes but the proper name for your variant was whispering tracker. I mentioned that in the game many times since I had seen a whispering tracker before playing in Monty Python's Flying Circus Mafia

Meanwhile the general term patsy outisde of the holy grail is follower or sidekick which would fit better for a full tracker that picked up where you left off. Can you think of a better name for a guy that becomes tracker after the last one died?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #111 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Role idea inspired by shaft.ed for watching
You are
Tour Guide
. At night you can allow someone to visit any location so that they may admire anything the may want. Basically you can allow one player to "watch" another player at night and let them see anyone who also goes there. Your request should be formatted as “I want PlayerA to watch PlayerB.” Note that you cannot be either the watcher or the target of watching for your night action.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #113 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Addictive Cop
- You may investigate any player at night in order to learn if they are scum via an inocent or guilty read. You know that you are sane but if you are targeted by a doc your results for that night could be wrongly influenced.You win with the town when all scum are elimnated. Good luck.

Mod Notes -
if Cop is protected from a kill, his result will be paranoia
if Cop is protected and not targeted for a kill, his result will be naive
Inspiration: CEScum rules!
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 72#1363572
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #116 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cowboy Bebop's Faye Valentine was a Romani or so she said in episode 3 as she called Spike a gaujo
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #121 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

TonyMontana wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Role idea inspired by shaft.ed for watching
You are
Tour Guide
. At night you can allow someone to visit any location so that they may admire anything the may want. Basically you can allow one player to "watch" another player at night and let them see anyone who also goes there. Your request should be formatted as “I want PlayerA to watch PlayerB.” Note that you cannot be either the watcher or the target of watching for your night action.
I like it. -.-
Should be noted that just like shaft.ed's tracker in MPM the tour guide does not know what his tourist saw if anything.

K7 did not know I went after strappado and wound up at spyreQ
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #122 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5539
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 93#1438293
Korts wrote:
You are a
Romani
. Your trailer broke down in this shithole, and apparently there's some bad blood between these folk, so you better get out of here fast.

Each night, you must target a
gaujo
; for that night, all actions directed at you or them will affect both of you, on account of you, ahem... working there.

You win if you "earn" enough money from your, ahem... work to repair your trailer and move on.

(note: theft and cheap whores are the two things most often associated with the Gypsies of Hungary, so interpret this any way you want :))
You know I think we can still come up with something better and call it Romani. Give me some time and take tyour time and I'm sure we'll get something really good.

I really like the name and the idea of a traveling gypsy. Perhaps there is a way we can word the pm to be like overworked intern or some kind of traveling role blocker or jailkeeper

Of since the thief role can investigative perhaps this role somehow investigate and role blocks. Learns what you are by fucking you. All that matters most if how you wierd a role. You can name something pretty much anything and it can do practically different things. I think Seol ran a game with alot of those

Seol's game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 910#751910
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #127 (isolation #23) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

The inspiration or game where CEScum had a simular cop, actually did have a mafia doc
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #129 (isolation #24) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

Let's face it. Being an SK can be difficult especially if there is an FBI agent or Psychiatrist geared solely to find or rehabilitate you. Jesters can be easy because they can normally get themselves lynched very early in a game. But what if there was a role that nuetered Jesters like the FBI Agent and Psychiatrist do for SK's
You are an
Asylum Doctor
. There maybe a Jester in this game. Each day you may call a player into your office. If they are a Jester they will be rehabilitated and turned into an anytime mason with you. You can talk to each other and know for certain each of you is town for the rest of the game. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are a
Shock Treatment Officer
. There maybe a Jester in this game. Each Twighlight you may shedule the player with the most votes to recieve shock treatment. This will pardon them from being lyched and they will instead be given them the shock treatment. This will render them incapacited and they'll get thrown into a cell for the night unable to be killed or perform any actions. They will be imediatly released or exiled from the game at the start of the next day as a result of your treatment. This will not cause the game to re-enter night because it does not truly count as a lynch. If this is done on 2 uncrazed (non-jester) individuals your position will be euthenized from the medical field and you will be forced to leave the town in order to find work elsewhere. If the task is performed on a Jester the town will recieve an extra day before the next night. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Good Luck
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #130 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are
George Bush
, a C avg student who somehow got lucky enough to be elected president of the united states twice. It would be absolutly hilarious if you could get those guys to vote for you again after all the trouble you caused. A third term in office would be awesome, but its going to take some very delicate stratejere for you to gather a majority of the votes on day 3. Hopefully you can pull this off without being killed in office ahead of time. Should you succeed you will win the game and have diplomatic immunity once again. Meaning you can help me write death scenes and what not as the rest of the game progress. You won't be harmed as you have the oportunity to watch a good show, it can be just like a cartoon for you. Good Luck Mr. President.
You are a
NAL Seriel Killer
. At night you may kill any player of your choice. You may also kill any player via sending me a PM during the day. this skill will only work if your target has not posted for more than 7 real life days without some V/LA notice in their sig, the games posts, or the V/la thread. This skill can be used any number of times during a single game day. The 7 day no post timer will reset itself at the start of each game day for each player. You are aligned with yourself and you win when you are the last one alive or nothing can be done to prevent this. Nuke all lurkers. Good Luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #131 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Census Taker
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to check the census of alignments in play. I will tell you how many players are of which alignment. You will not learn who is of each alignment or what role they are. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
Advanced Census Taker
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to check the census of Aligned Roles in play. I will tell you how many players are power roles and which alignment they belong too. You will not learn which role or alignment each individual has. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
MacDaddy
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to learn how many Prostitutes (role blockers) are in play. You will not learn who these players are or what alignment they have. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
Pimp
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to learn how many role blockers are on your town pay role and how many aren't. After all its your job to keep the ho's in this city inline so your know if someone is taking money from you. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
Police Chief
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to learn how many Cops are in play. You will not learn who these players are or what alignment they have. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
Commisioner
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to learn how many Cops are on your town pay role and how many aren't. After all its your job to keep the cops in this city inline. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
Chief of Medicine
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to learn how many Docs are in play. You will not learn who these players are or what alignment they have. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a
Hospital Board Director
. You have a one shot ability you may use at anytime to learn how many Docs are on your town pay role and how many aren't. After all its your job to keep the cops in this city inline. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
Exploit mass claims.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #132 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Alabaska J wrote:You are a Porn Star. You cannot be targeted by any night actions except investigations because you are too busy having sex. Even though you are town aligned, when you are investigated, all the weird sex you have makes you look guilty. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 29#1488629
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #138 (isolation #28) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rofl's idea is one solution which is sometimes done with Mafia Usurpers in play. I'll also post the fowling 2 real roles I've seen in order to help Jahudo perfect the Rat role if he wants to do more than that.
You are a Saulas. You are currently aligned with the Mafia. It is your job to help lynch the town so that your side out numbers the town or nothing can be done to prevent this. When you are first lynched or nightkilled you will be ressurected as town where your new win condition will be to eliminate all threats to the town's safety. If you die a second time after this, you are dead for good without your win condition changing again. Good luck.
You are a Judas. You are currently aligned with the Town. It is your job to help eliminate all threats to the town's safety. When you are first lynched or nightkilled you will be ressurected as Mafia where your new win condition will to help lynch the town so that your side out numbers the town or nothing can be done to prevent this. If you die a second time after this, you are dead for good without your win condition changing again. Good luck.
Niether role is ever told who is in the mafia nor can they ever chat with, simular to how a mafia traitor works. Also Lynching is sometimes the only way these roles will change alignement meaning getting night killed will kill them for good as whatever alignment they currently have. The could potentially never switch in that scenario. When either role first dies, the player is ressurected. All other players in the game will learn of the ressurection but they will not learn the players real role or new alignment value at the time of the first death.

I suppose you could notify the mafia of a possible judas or saulus in play at the gam'es start but I've never seen that specifically done in a game I've been in.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Judas
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #140 (isolation #29) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Then perhaps you are looking for this:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Usurper
You are a
Mafia Usurper
with XXXX, YYYY, etc, and ZZZZZ (Mafia Godfather). You my chat with them at night in order to select and kill a member of the town. The one who sends me the action does the kill. You win the the game if you outlive ZZZZZ and your side takes control or outnumbers the other players in the game. ZZZZZ can die in anyway while your alive in order to help fufill this win condition. Good luck.
Sometimes the Usurper can gain all the powers the GF once had when the GF dies (Inocent on investigations and possible NK imunity). If the GF dies after the Usurper or the Mafia wins before the GF's death, then the Usurper looses regardless of whether the rest of the mafia wins. If GF dies, Usurper dies, and then the other members survive and win, The Entire mafia wins.

GF can sometimes be told there is a Usurper but not who it is. When this happens the GF has to find and eliminate the treacherous usurper in his team's rankings in order to win. The Usurper always knows who the GF is at the game start.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #142 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

I really like the Stalker's win condition. Simular to Treacherous Lovers cept no night Chat and you can see watch and track stuff. So its like the half way point between Mafia Spy and Mafia Treacherous Lover. Does the Stalkee know he's being stalked? I assume no

The 2 lawyers should probably be able to be any alignment based on game setup. Otherwise if someone anounces/posts
Defend:Target
or
Prosecute: Target
in thread, that basically confirms the poster as town or scum imediatly to everyone. The Prosecuter could only use the skill followed by an imediate lylo hammer or else town should quick lynch him for he's obv scum. Defender being able to auto confirm can hurt mafia bigtime in the end too. So its best you allow the winconditions to be interchangeable. Both skills and ideas kick butt otherwise. Can add interesting depth to a game esentially giving a Prosecutor a double vote and the Defendant an anti-vote.

Police Pet is pretty cool. Killing bombs or PGO's hurt scum; now they got to avoid killing another target. Should probably make its skill only activate if its killed at night otherwise Town can mislynch a player and get no night penalty. If you lynch wrong town should always pay by going to night in my opinion. Either way, only NK activation or both activation, its still a pretty interesting oposite of the princess role
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #144 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Indeed a game like that should be run.

If you want to make the Stalker mafia then you can have it be guilty otherwise if only the Stalkee is the mafia, then have stalkee turn up scum and stalker turn up nuetral (thirdparty) or inocent. If niether is mafia don't have either show up guilty. Only have someone show up scum if they are. Otherwise you may be over complicating this thing making it more difficult for it to win the game.

If Stalker and stalkee both alive when town wins and astalkee is town then they win with the town. If they are both mafia and both are alive then they win when/with the scum victory. If one mafia and other isn't, if both live they can win with the rest of the scum at end game or if all other scum and town are dead then they win as a pair by themselves (treacherous lover like), everyone else looses. Probably gonna need them to know each other withot nightchat in that last scenario because scum stalkee might have differing oppion on whether or not they want to kill their stalker vs win with them, though since scum don't always know if their is a traitor helping them, you could probably still find a way to work it.

I'd personally only allow stalkee town, stalker nuetral or inocent revealed third party; basically stalker wins with stalkee and town when rest of town wins or I'd make only the stalkee mafia and now the thirdParty stalker has to help the mafia in order to win like a mafia spy cept stalkee or stalker death means a loss for the stalker. Inocent Stalker with Mafia Stalkee probably adds most depth.

There may also be some interesting scenarios where you can have the stalker die, stalkee live and somehow still have the stalker win in admiration terms, they some how want the best for their stalkee even if they aren't with them but that's probably getting too much into an anti-lyncher type appeal so altered investigations and win conditions both overcomplicate things and only done in really difficult setups outside the basic scopes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Copy of a role in one of Glork's games (I forgot exact game):
You are a
Millitant
. Get killed at night by scum or survive til the end of the game to win with any faction. Good Luck
A role of my own design:
You are a
Good-willed Jester
. You win with any faction by getting yourself lynched during the day only after previously lynching one player who was scum. You must have been on said players wagon when he was lynched. Good Luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #157 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Elmo wrote:
PokerFace wrote:(I forgot exact game)
Martyr Mafia
Wait, so it had the same title as Gurgi's new game and yet they have nothing to do with each other?! That actually strikes me as being funny.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #159 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

When I mentioned that militant role I thought I had forgotten the name since Martyr Mafia was all that came to mind and I knew that was gurgi's game. Now I just find it funny
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #163 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are an
NK-immune Miller Vig
. Each night you may kill someone. You can not be killed at night yourself. Anyone that investigates you will recieve a guilty result. You win with the town when all scum threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are the
Town Godfather
. You are masoned with XXXX and YYYY. They have the same wincondition as you and you may chat with them at any time. Your group may kill one player each night. You can not be killed at night and always show up Guilty on investigation. You win when you eliminate the Mafia Conspirators or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good luck.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #168 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seraphim wrote:
Mafiaplayer wrote:
You are a Death Godfather. Your scumbuddies are x and y. You talk in z quicktopic. On your death, you will roll as town.
This is an actual role called
Pillar of Society
or Super Godfather or Corrupt Governor...or something along those lines. Even more bastardly than the normal Death Miller IMO.
Yep, thats the name I've seen for it on irc. It also is supose to be shown as inocent on night investigations if I'm not mistaken since death millers are shown as guilty to those
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #172 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

F11 can usually have a mafia roleblocker sometimes. Is that in the setup with the super cop?
Quote:

Otherwise Fenchurch is correct, you should have SuperCop claim day 1. Test lynch someone if anyone counters. Once real SuperCop is found, you can play follow cop to possibly find the only 2 mafiosos. I don't have all math figured out based on 25% double kills but there is still high chance town can win like that effectively
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #175 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Sorry about a little bad grammar in my last post. Ok let me think of the best way to put this...

First can you tell me is your F11 just like ours except for the cops?
There can be a mafia roleblocker, but it is not gauranteed.
There can be a Super Cop, but it is not gauranteed.
There can be a doc, but it is not gauranteed.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #177 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ah ok that changes things. I can't remember the last time I played a normal semi-open game like any of the newbie games. I haven't played a C9 or F11 game in awhile so I forgot about how there could or could not be a doctor and how variable the roleblocker is. So I got to revise the breaking strategy here, since you are right it can't be done on day 1 with roleblockers alive.

Let's say you lynch the Roleblocker Day 1.
One townie max dies overnight you got 7 players on day 2, 1 is a goon.
On day 2 If there is a supercop he should claim. If there is none then plan fails.
Assuming there is one, you test his claim by lynching him. If he lives he is legit.
Doc does not need to come out. He exists to keep his mouth shut and stop kills maybe
You no lynch on day 2, cop gets a sane investigation
If investigation is an inocent then he tells no one, otherwise you lynch scum to win
You no lynch on day 3, cop gets a sane investigation
If investigation is an inocent then he tells no one, otherwise you lynch scum to win
This process continues til SC finds scum with a guilty, or via process elimination of everybody else is inocent.

By the time there are only 3 players left, the SC is confirmed town and highly likly to have at least 1 investigation on the 2 other guys alive with him. That investigation will reveal if one player is scum and if he ain't then the other is. And the SC is gauranteed town and sane. The scum can't win a 3 player endgame where there is a confirmed sane cop with an investigation. Town wins.

F11 can be 4 ways
2 goons and cop
2 goons and doc
1 goon, 1 rb, nothing
1 goon, 1 rb, doc, cop

In your SC setup with an unkillable cop, town can really break and win things in that fourth scenario pending a rb lynch on day 1.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #181 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh yay your right Fenchurch, BUT then doc could die over night. Cop would die next.

Also let's say RB is lynched day 1 in F11 BUT WITHOUT SUPER COP. Regular cop claims. How do you know that guy is a cop and not lying scum? Setup could have no doc and no cop at all. Since you can't test lynch the cop to see if he is legit, the only way else to prove cop is legit is to have the doc come out wich would thus confirm the roles in the setup. And that would lead to doc and then cop deaths overnight.

F11 can be as easy as pie ONLY WITH the Super Cop. You are not all the way correct there Empking.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #183 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Good point mith. Though if town ain't smart enough to mass claim to verify cop at that late in the game. The mafia wins and deserves to win for epic town stupidity.

(Saw this happen on irc where mass claim is usually common place. Game had newbs not fully understanding of what F11 was. I explained it to them in a fashion that benefitted me as scum and better convinced them of my claim. I died laughing.)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #187 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with the last 2 posters on that aspect aswell. %working roles in general bother me aswell. But let's get this thread back on topic.
PokerFace wrote:
Sidekick
- When the game starts choose one of the following town power roles: Cop, Doc, Vig, Role Blocker, etc. At night you may check one target player and see if they are the town power role you have chosen to search for. You may not talk with any player about this game outside of the game thread since you are not scum. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good luck
Modnotes - To add dimension to the role you may add roles that aren't in the setup to the role choice list. You can also mess with its sanity if you wanted to turn this into a worst role. You can also add the condition that should the sidekick die, all players will learn what you chose to search for.

Should the user pick a role in the setup, the user can now effectivly help that player defend from lynches. Should they pick Cop and find a cop, they will know to look for bread crumbs from that player and to support their suspicions during the game.

You could make certain variants of this role like "Cop Finder" suspifically. Should the mafia then later on kill the "Cop Finder", they will now have depth to try and find the cop based on who the finder buddied up too. So esentially the cop finder would be almost a guard to a king. And should the finder have not found the cop or there isn't a cop in the setup, now the mafia will be sent on a bastardize chase for the cop.
What do you guys think of this role? I think its the best one I posted in this thread
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #191 (isolation #43) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

SuperCop wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Sidekick
- When the game starts choose one of the following town power roles: Cop, Doc, Vig, Role Blocker, etc. At night you may check one target player and see if they are the town power role you have chosen to search for. You may not talk with any player about this game outside of the game thread since you are not scum. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good luck
So this is like a Cop except he has to "call the ball and the pocket."

And he can come out any time?

I think I'll suggest this for our next larger game.

Tough to say if a general "SideKick" or a specific "Cop Finder" would be better
This part pretains mainly to reveal and choice. Do you want to reveal the role as:
Sidekick killed night 1
or
Sidekick(To Cop) killed night 1
or
CopFinder killed night 1

Revealing it as the first one says nothing about anyone they may have interacted with the entire game. While the other two tell other players there is a XXX in play and the sidekick may have found or buddied up to them. Also if you want the sidekick to no matter what support a cop without the player getting to choose which role they support at the start of the game, you might as well call him Cop Finder.

The role is considered sane should it only be able to find town cops. Nothing happens if it checks a mafia cop. It can essentially find only one specific player inocent the entire game. and lern from them as their sidekick.

The sidekick can only interect with his found choice in thread. He can't talk to him outside of the game and or at night
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #199 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Best for only you
Worst for everyone else
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #201 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

In this game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7283
Thesp was a 'day' vig that worked as you speak of battou
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #204 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battousai wrote:
PokerFace wrote:In this game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7283
Thesp was a 'day' vig that worked as you speak of battou
Yeah, but with the night vig variant other roles have more of an impact on whether or not you kill yourself. Also, that is the first time I've seen someone shorten my name to battou I believe.
You are correct there so you mourn based on your success and the impact of others which is a bit more interesting.
kirroha wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
kirroha wrote:You are the
Gawd
- You win Day One and the game ends. For absolutely no reason.
I think you're looking for the Worst Roles topic...
But you win. D:
PokerFace wrote:Best for only you
Worst for everyone else
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #206 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yosarian2 wrote:You
Have a loud whistle

The town watch you are a part of has asked you to keep an eye on the neighborhood, and has given you a loud whistle to blow when you see any criminal activity.

You may choose one person to watch. If you see anyone trying to break into that person's house, you blow your whistle, and the criminal is forced to either run away or, if he dosn't do that, you have a chance to see who he is.

You win with the town.

(Combined doc/watcher variant; if someone tries to kill a person you're protecting, he will be PM'd a choice; EITHER he runs away, in which case the kill fails, OR he goes ahead and kills anyway, in which case the kill succeeds but you find who the killer is. Either way, it's the killer's choice if he would rather be prevented from killing or identified.)
I like this one
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #218 (isolation #48) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Fonz wrote:You are a
Third Wheel.

At night, you may target any two other players. If either attempts to target the other, they will be roleblocked.
Lawls!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #221 (isolation #49) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Here is the link to the role list in my Marathon Weekend running of Bastard Face Mafia:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 46#1585946
There are some cruel worst roles and some strong best roles that were put into this game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #225 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
You are an
Addictive Cop
. You may investigate any player at night in order to learn if they are scum via an inocent or guilty read. You know that you are sane but if you are targeted by a doctor your results for that night could be wrongly influenced.You win with the town when all scum are elimnated. Good luck.

Mod Notes -
if Cop is protected from a kill, his result will be paranoia
if Cop is protected and not targeted for a kill, his result will be naive
Inspiration: CEScum rules!
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 72#1363572
In order to compliment this role like how Macho Cop is complimented by Unlicensed Doc, I have thought of the following variant
You are a
Pharmacist
. You may protect any player at night from a kill. You know yourself to be sane but pending the success rate of your medications, your patients might not always be. You win with the town when all scum are elimnated. Good luck.

Mod Notes -
if patient (Cop, other?) is protected from a kill, the patient's resulting action will be paranoid
if patient (Cop, other?) is not protected from a kill, the patient's resulting action will be naive
Can't decide if paranoid vs naive frequency is quite right for both:

1. Should getting shot but living make them paranoid of being shot again, what about not getting shot, does that mean not knowing?
OR You can make an argument for the other way around

2. They expected an attack but did not get one so are paranoid and they survived but don't know about it so are naive.

Is it good the way it is or should it be switched for both of them? Are names of each role good or is there something better? You think wording of flavor effecting sanity on each is good enough on both roles or should it be more or less vague?

Edit: Another good name for Additive Cop could be something along the lines of Narcotic Investigator or Narcotic Officer.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #227 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Some things for malthusis to think about:

any point passsing infor through the mod other than to make sure there is only one?

So snoop and shady both know who each other are with XXX listing. should you flat out tell them their partner is confirmed, will gain powers when partner dies, and or show up guilty?

also there already is a role called actor.
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Actor

what you described is simular to tarhalindur's replaceable townie in that when you die, you instead replace yourself with an alt and can't say who you were. People gonna wonder WTF when a new plkayer joins the game so mod flavor there would be interesting. Give it a different name and think up good flavor and i think 'your' actor role could be kinda cool.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #235 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

millar13 wrote:that the whole point of the role lol...a bit like being a Miller of A suicide on NK1
If the role is meant to be funny or bad instead of awesome or interesting then it should be in the Worst Role Ideas thread. There's alot of cool or humorous roles there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #251 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Final Versions:
You are a
Pharmacist
. You may protect any player at night from a kill. You know yourself to be sane but any player you protect will suffer from paranoia during that night. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been elimnated. Good luck.
You are an
Nacotics Investigator
. You may investigate any player at night in order to learn if they are scum via an inocent or guilty read. You know that you are normally sane, but if you are protected by a doctor your reads will be paranoid for that night. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been elimnated. Good luck.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #261 (isolation #54) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Two super strong Mafia roles that can be stopped only by blockers and redirectors
You are a
Mafia Death Framer
. Other people in your mafia include XXXXXXX. You may talk with each other and send in kills at night. The one who sends me the kill will perform it. You have a one shot ability you may use once as you perform the mafia kill. If your kill is successful on only your intended target, you will be able to make your target turn up any role or alignment of your choosing during the next morning reveal. You win when your faction controls a majority of the town and nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck.
Tarhalidur ran something simular to this^ in his later mind screws and I had something simular in Bastard Face Mafia
You are the
Mafia Weapons Specialist
. Other people in your mafia include XXXXXXX. You may talk with each other and send in kills at night. The one who sends me the kill will perform it. You indidiviually may also target any player. If you can guess what role they have, you will be able to control the use of their role action for that night.

Example:
If your target is a vidge, they will kill any player you want
If your target is a cop, they will get the alignment result of any player you want.
If your target is a jail keeper, they will jail whoever you want them to that night.

If you get blocked, get redirected, or you guess incorrectly, you will not be able to control their action. None of these statements or examples gaurantees any of these roles are in the setup. You win when your faction controls a majority of the town and nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck.
Fuck Mass Claimers^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #272 (isolation #55) » Wed May 27, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Something to add to the wide net cop discussion.

From "Read your Role Mafia"
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1388888
Which-of-these-is-not-like-the-other Cop

As a child, you spent way too much time watching Sesame Street. You have a Snuffleupagus plushie to keep you company at night, and a rubber duckie for the bathtub. You also have become particularly adept at telling when two things are not the same.

Each night, you may investigate one player. You may not investigate yourself. Your result from this investigation will invariably be either “Exact Same” or “Not the Exact Same”. Your first investigation will get a “Not the Exact Same”.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with this exact same win condition as you is still alive.

Good luck, and have fun! Be sure to read the rules of the game. Confirm your role by PM.

Special Note(s): If a player you investigate has the exact same alignment as the player you investigated the previous night, you will receive a result of “Exact Same”. Otherwise, you will receive a result of “Not the Exact Same”. If you are role-blocked (or otherwise stopped from receiving a result), you will receive a “Not the Exact Same” result. If something were to cause this to happen a second time in a row, you will receive an “Exact Same” alignment. Necessarily, if you are blocked one night and not the next, you will automatically get a “Not the Exact Same” result, as you will be comparing something to nothing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #276 (isolation #56) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got a couple of interesting ideas. Best pro-town play for a miller is to get killed at night. These are 3 interesting roles to that end.
You are a Tortured Soul. Life has never been fair to you, and your troubled past continues to haunt you. You are seen as guilty by investigation. You win if you die at night. Good Luck
You are a Troubled Bodyguard. You regret the hardships you have caused others in the past. You want to make it up to everyone even if it costs you your life. You are seen as guilty by investigation. You may bodyguard one player at night. If they are to be killed at night, you will die instead. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
You are a Wicked Bodyguard. You regret the hardships you have caused others in the past. You want to make it up to everyone even if it costs you your life. You are seen as guilty by investigation. You may bodyguard one player at night. If they are to be killed at night, you will die and so will their attacker instead. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck.
If you want to suggest better names for any of these roles, I'd apreciate it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #282 (isolation #57) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Hot Nurse
. You've used your good looks to go much further in med school than any other nurse. You can roleblock or doc protect one player each night. You can't do both on the same night. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are
Jailbait
, an underage individual with the body of a sexy adult. Any player that targets you at night will be role blocked and doc protected. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #291 (isolation #58) » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Xylthixlm wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
You are a
Hot Nurse
. You've used your good looks to go much further in med school than any other nurse. You can roleblock or doc protect one player each night. You can't do both on the same night. You win with the town when all threats to its safety have been eliminated. Good Luck
ITT PokerFace steals credit for roles I invented.
I never said I made it. I just posted it here because it is a good role
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #296 (isolation #59) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Flay wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:ITT PokerFace steals credit for roles I invented.
I never said I made it. I just posted it here because it is a good role
X

You never said you
didn't
write it, which leads any reasonable person to assume that you authored all of the content of the post.
Well yes, I suppose. Especially since there is another role in that same post that was of my own design (Jailbait). You are correct in terms of clarifications. Still it was not my intention to take credit for xyl's role. My intention was to post some good blocking/docing roles in that post and that is what this thread is about.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #326 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Sane Cop
. This is a broken role that instantly gets accurate results at night without having to scumhunt. As such you are not in this game or any game of actual challenge. You win when the browns win the superbowl. Good luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #334 (isolation #61) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was trying to make a joke about how cops baby town some and you guys had to go all logical on it and kill the joke. darn
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #337 (isolation #62) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

RayFrost wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I was trying to make a joke about how cops baby town some and you guys had to go all logical on it and kill the joke. darn
I got the joke.

I lulzed.

I has prize now?
you have earned one reserved stop in next pf bastard game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #416 (isolation #63) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are the
Hydra Vidgilante
. At night you may kill a player. They are dead however if they were town you will now be able to talk to that person the rest of the game. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Good Luck
You are the
Rogue Mafia Usurper
. You can not die at night and you don't know who your scum buddies are. At night you may kill a player. They are dead however if they were scum you will now be able to talk to that person the rest of the game. You win with the scum if you are the last player alive. Good Luck
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #418 (isolation #64) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

animorpherv1 wrote:PF - Rogue Mafia Masoner sounds like a better name. Usurpers have to kil lthe GF if I'm right.
There are 4 known mafia usurper types. Type one is the default usurper and they need to kill GF and win with scum. Type 2 needs to kill every member of the mafia except of course themself and the beat the town. This is called an absolute usurper. The 3rd type is Cunning Usurper where you must be alive to win and that win can be with scum OR if you kill all your buddies, then you win with town. That one can win 2 ways and obv best plan of attack as that one is make sure you don't die. And the 4th type Usurping Betrayer has only the option of kill all scum buddies and then you win with town. He can't win with other scum alive.

I like that name and i may use it if the win condition is altered but look at the current winconidtion saying you got to eliminate the rest of the scum and be the last one. Thats why the usurping part is in there. I guess you could say its a 5th type but i'm now leaning toward accepting your name and changing the condition
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #428 (isolation #65) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

That role has been seen before actually in the budlight men of genius coney island game. Alabaska killed townies he targeted and those he did not kill he knew were scum. Its is pretty cool and i guess could be a good or a bad role pending on how you use it

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8488
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed May 05, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #435 (isolation #66) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Inflatable Pie's mason group idea is cool though perhaps slightly too powerful. Scum would need some power to balance.

And yes i think that role is viable karma though a bit unwieldly. You would have to be really good at guessing who would get lynched and at having reasons to save them. You save scum a bunch of times as town and you in trouble. role would be better if it were scum and could only target each of its scum buddies once and if that buddy was not lynched that day then he can't be saved any other time.

edit: you could give him 1 target of each buddy or one target of each and if he succeeds he can save that one buddy again and again until he fails or rather the save is not necessary as that person was not lynched. A normal scum govenor can only save 1 buddy after they are chosen for lynch and it . this one would be a variant that could become more powerful pending how good they are at guessing the day before as apposed to right at lynch time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #547 (isolation #67) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

another good role
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p2444166

I need to use it, sidekick, bladesmith and tons of other roles in a game

Heck we had a worst roles ideas mafia that k-scope ran. There totally needs to be a Best Role Ideas Mafia with a bunch of the stuff here in it!!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #690 (isolation #68) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Serial Cultist
. At night you target a player. That player will be given the option to join your faction or immediatly commit suicide. You win when you faction controls a majority of the town or nothing can be done to prevent this.
Want an SK with more power? People can join his side as the game goes on, Done! Want a cultist that doesn't necessarily change your win condition? You die as what your were without joining. Done!

Note: Mafia members or other players cult immune would just die if they got targeted
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #695 (isolation #69) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

ha ha. I like^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #699 (isolation #70) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

You ain't nothing but a
Gold Digger
. You may target a player at night. If said player has an action they are performing that night it will be blocked. You will be told when you successfully do this as you will be able to perform their action on any player of your choosing during that same night. Thats right, if they got something good, it is yours. There is no point in messing with them broke nillas. You win when _____.
Lord I seriously apoligize for that pun.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #701 (isolation #71) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

1. They name 1 target
2. if that target performs no action that night (they are va-nilla or mafia goon that didn't send a kill) then end, else go to 3
3. gold digger is told they tried to do action X
4. gold digger selects a second target to use X on
5. end

If the first target doesn't perform an action then it stops at step 2 before they select a second target

Basically its a redirector that knows if it actually redirected something, what that something is, and where it went instead. And the where it went to instead part is strong as a result of knowing what its redirecting. Only thing it doesn't get is knowledge of where the action was originally suppose to go
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #703 (isolation #72) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

valid point. suppose you could have what Gold Digger took get used during the next day or next night

thought of role mainly for joke aspect
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #715 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Edited:
PokerFace wrote:
You ain't nothing but a
Gold Digger
. You may target a player during the day. If said player has a night action, then you may perform it the next night instead of them. You will be told when you successfully target a power role and what the action you can now use. Thats right, if they got something good, it is yours. There is no point in messing with them broke nillas. You win when _____.
Lord I seriously apoligize for that pun.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #891 (isolation #74) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I just thought of this and it has some interesting applications.

You are a
Serial Mafioso
. You are in multiple mafia groups. Your Buddies in Mafia Group A are XXXX. Your Buddies in Mafia Group B are ZZZZ. You win the game if you are the last player alive or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck

Other good name suggestions: Double Agent Goon, Grand Usurper, other... anyone?
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #893 (isolation #75) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Really? Link please?

In post 891, PokerFace wrote:I just thought of this and it has some interesting applications.

You are a
Serial Mafioso
. You are in multiple mafia groups. Your Buddies in Mafia Group A are XXXX. Your Buddies in Mafia Group B are ZZZZ.
You can talk with each group at night in their respective QT threads. Each mafia group sends one member to perform a kill at night on another player. You can not perform both of those kills on the same night.
You win the game if you are the last player alive or nothing can be done to prevent this. Good Luck

Other good name suggestions: Double Agent Goon, Grand Usurper, other... anyone?

EBWOP
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1040 (isolation #76) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

You are a
Volatile Townie.
You like to post and be active in this game. Every day where you post the most, you will be unkillable the next night. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated

Scumhunt well and post alot to draw the night kill. You know you want to
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1065 (isolation #77) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am trying to think of a good name for a role I came up with last night that I can see as a very good role when played correctly. I would not consider this role as beginner friendly. There is a high skill floor and ceiling with this one
You are a _____

You win with the town when ______

At night you select a player

If that player is scum, you will die.
If that player is chosen for a night action of any kind, that night action will miss
If you are chosen for a night action, it will hit you and the player you are targeting
There are ways you can use this role to protect or investigate. Also, if your target a mafioso and that mafioso targets you for a kill, congrats you are both dead.

I am leaning toward Hotel Owner or Hospice Owner or something like that, but I am not sure either truly sums up this role. Feel free to suggest something for it

Return to “Mafia Discussion”