Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3539, Thor665 wrote:This is weird. Why are you asking me to do this - none of those points were impressive, non were supported by facts, and a few are blatantly incorrect if you bothered to look for the info yourself. Why do I need to waste my time addressing that?

At least answer my question - even if you are planning to go nowhere with my answers.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I don't understand what's so special about having townreads on your wagon.

You know I suck at VCA.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Scripten you know everyone from Doomworld loves the shit out of COD on the low
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

"Press X to scumread Thor"
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

X, why not.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Boons I bet you have a fuckton of homework due tomorrow just like I do
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3551, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't understand what's so special about having townreads on your wagon.

You know I suck at VCA.

I never said it was special nor did I ask you to analyze and offer opinions on my wagon analysis.
You started the conversation1 because you were somehow confused by what I was saying (something I find mildly confusing...but then again people think I need to define 'thoughts' nowadays, so what the hell do I know?)2. I just supposed that once you knew what I meant you might go somewhere with it - I suppose it simply was just a "I have no idea what a list of player names with some in green including a flipped town could mean" which...frustrates3 me, but...whatevs. Carry on.

Conversation -the informal exchange of ideas by spoken words.

Know - to be aware of through observation, inquiry, or information.

Frustrate - cause (someone) to feel upset or annoyed, typically as a result of being unable to change or achieve something.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by Scripten »

Thor:
Well it helped me settle my read on you, so there's that. I get that you're a pretty good player, but sometimes walking through points can be useful to those of us who aren't you. I don't think anyone in the game has memorized the play/actions of every other player. For instance, I thought that Izar's point on you stalling was not only limited to your 1v1 with Muffin.

How come you seem to have a town read on Garmr's slot, Thor? You didn't find his play today to be suspect?

Flubber:
"To win the game, you must join the Garmr wagon." ;)

I would like to push my Garmr wagon harder, but I'm not comfortable doing that while I wait for his replacement.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

@Scripten: ); ".nogaw rmraG eht nioj tsum uoy ,emag eht niw oT"
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 3556, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3551, Flubbernugget wrote:I don't understand what's so special about having townreads on your wagon.

You know I suck at VCA.

I never said it was special nor did I ask you to analyze and offer opinions on my wagon analysis.
You started the conversation1 because you were somehow confused by what I was saying (something I find mildly confusing...but then again people think I need to define 'thoughts' nowadays, so what the hell do I know?)2. I just supposed that once you knew what I meant you might go somewhere with it - I suppose it simply was just a "I have no idea what a list of player names with some in green including a flipped town could mean" which...frustrates3 me, but...whatevs. Carry on.

Conversation -the informal exchange of ideas by spoken words.

Know - to be aware of through observation, inquiry, or information.

Frustrate - cause (someone) to feel upset or annoyed, typically as a result of being unable to change or achieve something.

WHAT DID YOU HIGHLIGHT THE PEOPLE ON YOUR WAGON FOR AND FUCKING WHY
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Thor I can't even tell if I'm legitimately fucking stupid right now because of how much better than everyone else you are right now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3557, Scripten wrote:I thought that Izar's point on you stalling was not only limited to your 1v1 with Muffin.

That's the only one that, with a squint, I could see the argument of stalling even being a thing. I think I spent basically 100% of day 1 on attack mode - you don't stall while you're in attack mode because it's a defensive maneuver. I certainly didn't stall in stating my issue with Pere, nor in stating it with Shiro. I can see the argument that I stalled in answer Muffin's questions about my case on Shiro...except that I didn't then either. i did "stall" if my only applicable answer was to define what I meant when I said a very basic comment and had it translated back to me in crazy speak - that said, I didn't stall in saying he was wrong, nor did I stall in pressing him for info. Functionally I stalled in saying "hey, when i said he talked about him more...oh, look. I meant more - here's proof...because apparently no one else but me is able to read his few posts and be able to spot a 3 to 1 quantity difference...) But I still have no fething clue why I even needed to say that.

What else do you think I stalled on?
What else do you think Iz thinks I stalled on?

This is feeling pretty empty as a response to the points you thought needed a response to - are you just trying to make noise or are you trying to sort something here? Because you're coming at me like the case and points make sense, but they don't, and you aren't showing me any actual buy in - even Iz is at least trying to act like he means what he says and believes it's an actual scum case, why aren't you?

In post 3557, Scripten wrote:How come you seem to have a town read on Garmr's slot, Thor? You didn't find his play today to be suspect?

No, not really. I found his Day 1 play quite townish, I find the case on him confusing and not really telling, and I find the replace out to be more likely to come from town Garmr (though he needs to reexamine his style quite seriously after pulling that weak gak). I've said all of this before, albeit spread out, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3559, Flubbernugget wrote:WHAT DID YOU HIGHLIGHT THE PEOPLE ON YOUR WAGON FOR AND SMURFING WHY

To offer my thoughts on my wagon - as I said when I did it.
Why does everyone need me to constantly re-state things I say the first time around?

In post 3560, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor I can't even tell if I'm legitimately Smurfing stupid right now because of how much better than everyone else you are right now.

Sheep me till you figure it out.
Or man up and declare that your play is fine and advance things and be able to cope with it when people disagree with you or find your points lacking. Then analyze their commentary and decide whether they have a point or don't. If they do - adjust yourself. If they don't, ignore them.
But complaining that I don't give you warm fuzzies for the awesomeness of your play is a meaningless post right now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I get the feeling that if I had played this game as Squirrel Girl there wouldn't even be a wagon on me right now.
People always took her disagreements with much less personal pain.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Post by Scripten »

Thor:
I wasn't clear before. I'm not reading you as scum. I don't agree with your reads on Shiro or Garmr, but whatevs. I pushed you because I was starting to doubt my townread and your play wasn't helping me. You answering those questions reinforced my read and made me more happy with it. I am almost certainly not the only one. It's not like you're unaware that you have a wagon on you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

How was me dismissing points via specifics remotely more townish than doing so in a general sweep?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Thor fuck you for assuming I was looking for someone's approval and then telling me to man up over it.

And I highly doubt the majority of this thread has synesthesia so the colors you used to describe your thoughts are meaningless if you refuse to explain their representation.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3561, Thor665 wrote:What else do you think I stalled on?
What else do you think Iz thinks I stalled on?

I'd also still like this fielded.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3566, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor Smurf you for assuming I was looking for someone's approval and then telling me to man up over it.

Then i really missed the point of that post, I suppose.

In post 3566, Flubbernugget wrote:And I highly doubt the majority of this thread has synesthesia so the colors you used to describe your thoughts are meaningless if you refuse to explain their representation.

I did use the generic mafiascum color for town - green - which is also the one the Mod is using in this very game.
It would be like if I had just highlighted names in red for scum reads - it would never occur to me that I would need to translate that because it's the default 'scum' color used in basically all games.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Thor665 »

If I had used fuscia or something I would not have responded with snark.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Why are the town reads on your wagon of any significance to the rest of the town in the context of which you brought them up.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why are anyone's reads on anyone of any significance to be stated?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

in the context of which you brought them up
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

How is being this fucking opaque pro town
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3573, Flubbernugget wrote:How is being this fucking opaque pro town

Well if thats (opaque) a criteria for you.

please explain how much of problem you have with GM being so opaque about his reads?

see

or why all that opaqueness is Ok from GM.
Indeed Id characterise the D1 GM as evasive, not just opaque.

evasive = claims this
GM: "Besides which I made clear that if anyone had any questions about anyone then all they had to do was ask and they should receive."
but when asked by Dave for reasons on Csaero/Gray or........ anyone for that matter
gets evasion, and never any reasons for gray.

and BTW nope GM never did dig out the
In post 1648, goodmorning wrote:but I'll go back through tomorrow and pull some quotes for him while I'm doing the Fonz thing for Thor.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”