List Moderator: Mina
List Mod Emeriti: Mr. Flay, singersigner, Vel-Rahn Koon
Newbie Game Specific Information
Additional helpful information:
- Beginners Guide to Mafia and Various Mafia Role Descriptions, a Flash presentation by Mike "Burnfire" Grevengoed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING!
Game Theory (See also: Theory in the wiki). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING!
General Queue Information
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Your name should be added to the first post within 24-48 hours. The waiting time for a game to start is currently 4-5 days, on average. Upcoming games will be full when there is one Inexperience-Challenged (IC) player, two Semi-Experienced (SE) player(s), and six Newbie players available. More/less ICs and SEs may be used in any given game to relieve a backlog on those specific areas of the Queue.
For purposes of Player Game Limits:
- A finished game is one in which you are out of the game (by lynch or night kill) but the game is still being played by others.
- A completed game is a game in which a winning side has been declared and the game is over.
- For purposes of quantifying eligible completed games, two completed micro games will count as one completed game in another queue. Blitz games do not count as experience.
- Replacing out of a game will count as a finished game if there was an acceptable level of participation.
- Brand new players may only play in one Newbie Game.
- Brand new players may either play a Newbie game from scratch or replace into an existing Newbie game for your first game.
- Once you are out of your first Newbie game (by lynch, night kill, or the end of the game) you may sign up for a second Newbie game.
- Players with one finished game anywhere on site may also replace into as many Newbie games as you can handle.
- As a Newer Player, you are only allowed to play two Newbie games from scratch.
- Once you have played two Newbie games you are no longer allowed to play Newbie games (except as a replacement) until you play a game outside The Road to Rome, thereby qualifying as an SE player. See the SE section below for more information.
- When you finish any three games, with at least one outside of The Road to Rome, you are then considered a Semi-Experienced (SE) player and will occupy one of the SE playing spots.
- SE players may play in as many Newbie games as they can handle.
- First and formost, the IC slot is a VOLUNTARY TEACHING position. If you don't want to be required to explain how the game works to the Newer players, you should sign up to be an SE. More information can be found in the wiki: IC.
- A player that finishes any five games, with at least two outside of The Road to Rome, and has at least 3 months on-site may apply to be an Inexperience Challenged (IC) player.
- Replacing out of a game does not count as finished!
- At least one of your 5 games must be a Newbie game, either as a Newbie or as an SE.
- Send the ListMod a PM with links to your 5 most-recent completed games when you /in to IC.
- If one of your 5 most-recent completed games is NOT a Newbie, you should include a link to a Newbie game.
- All Potential ICs MUST also read Being a good IC.
- If you want to IC a game, you must "/in to IC". The list mod will place you in the SE queue if you do not specify "/in to IC".
- If you want to replace into a specific game you should send a PM directly to the Mod instead of posting here.
- Unless specified, all requested replacements are newbie replacements.
- Moderators are welcome to replace with a player of greater skill level if they wish (ICs may replace SEs or Newbies, for example. Newbies may NOT replace into an SE or IC spot).
- Please notify the ListMod if you notice a player replace out who then signs up to play another Newbie game within the next 14 days. Replacing due to boredom or any other similarly selfish reason is NOT acceptable and the offender will be suspended from placement into the Queue for a period of two weeks.
Any player is, of course, welcome to join other Game Queues as they feel ready.
- You may only be in the modding queue twice at a time. (See this post.)
- Potential moderators must have one completed game on this site as a Moderator. See the Modding Requirements wiki article for exact details.
- Potential moderators MUST visit the Newbie_Game#Moderators wiki page to see what is required of Newbie game Mods.
- Potential moderators must include links to their completed games when they make the request to be added to the modding rotation. If you have more than two games as a Mod, please link the latest two.
- For purposes of quantifying eligible completed games, three completed micro games will count as one completed game in another queue. Blitz games do not count as experience.
Matrix6 (as designed by Cogito Ergo Sum):
|1||Town Jailkeeper||Vanilla Townie||Mafia Goon|
|2||Mafia Roleblocker||Town Cop||Town Doctor|
|3||Town 1-shot |
|Mafia Goon||Town Tracker|
Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates either one row or one column. The remaining six roles will be filled in by mafia goons and vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup. They are listed below.
Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town 1-shot Bulletproof, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town 1-shot Bulletproof, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
All Newbie games should use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Roleblocker actions will take precedence over Jailkeeper actions should that apply. The 1-shot Bulletproof is a passive ability that cannot be roleblocked.
First-time mods should use the sample role PMs below.