NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4950  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:15 pm

In post 4942, reinoe wrote:
In post 4940, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4931, reinoe wrote:So you misrepped the Amished tell, but not only that you tried to misrep the person who coined the phrase. It's right there.

Get out of here.

There is nothing scummy about saying your predecessor did nothing when they did nothing. He didn't criticize his predecessor as the word is meant in the quotes you are using. Saying they did nothing is not a criticism in terms of alignment which is how the Amished tell is applied.

Beast constantly complains about how he doesn't have time to get caught up, but why did he take the time to check on the status of his slot? How did he know his predescessor did nothing unless he checked first? Also why is Beast actively lurking and selectively choosing not to answer some questions and then choosing to answer others?


Did you not read the whole thing where I was pretending to not read?

beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4951  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:17 pm

In post 4943, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4842, goodmorning wrote:Eminently possible, given Thor's role.

So what I'm doing is a bus then, yeah?

@Beast
@Reinoe

Can both of you tell me why you opted not to target Boon with your investigation?


Because I thought i would have a better chance of a guilty on Reinoe rather than Boon. I like being the hero rather than clearing things up.

beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4952  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:18 pm

In post 4942, reinoe wrote:Also why is Beast actively lurking and selectively choosing not to answer some questions and then choosing to answer others?


Which ones have a missed?

Shiro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 08, 2014

Post Post #4953  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:46 pm

In post 4951, beastcharizard wrote:I like being the hero rather than clearing things up.


Day killing mafia is the only way to be a true hero though

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4954  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:00 pm

In post 4949, reinoe wrote:But my result plus the events of n2 clarified things for me. Three kills+"not mafia" result suggests it's not Sk+scum. Because BP werewolf defeats the purpose of cross-kills.

I kind of understand what you are saying.

So, you think that the 3 kills and your result of not mafia on Boon means that he isn't an SK. This is because a BP WW would defeat the purpose of crosskills. Leading on from there then, if the later statement is true 'BP WW would defeat the purpose of crosskills' then this is true for MAFIA also.

Therefore you would not investigate someone who you believe is not going to be mafia when the results are given as mafia/not mafia.

:cool:

(important post all should read)

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4955  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:40 pm

@Slandaar - I'm reading that and I don't think it's as clever as you seem to think it is - he would have done the investigation prior to knowing about the three kills - so how is that any sort of catch?

Let's consider what we do know.

Beast is scum for hemming and hawing about multiball after werewolf awareness but prior to claim.
Reinoe is scum because he claimed second.
While we're at it - GM is scum for derping with a vote on me, while also claiming I'm Beast's partner and ignoring that I'm bussing him and that there is a 50/50 shot as scum as opposed to the usual 66/33 with me.

I have to admit, despite the later claim, I am actually leaning reinoe as the less scummy of the either/or pair.
Both are lurksack players and all, and both claims have some oddness, but I think Beast's has an actual hole while Reinoe's just has an odd coincidence.

Your thoughts?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4956  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Actually, on re-read Beasts' claim and actions seem to line up better than I had recalled.

@Slandaar - different question. Go read Beast, and don't just skim him like I was doing.
Then pay attention to GM's derp responses to him.

If Reinoe flips scum would you help me lulz lynch GM immediately thereafter?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4957  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:02 pm

In post 4839, goodmorning wrote:I don't believe you either, though if either of you is one it's definitely not beast.

I think this should be expanded on.
Wow us GM.

reinoe
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4958  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:04 pm

In post 4956, Thor665 wrote:Actually, on re-read Beasts' claim and actions seem to line up better than I had recalled

I find that nothing he's said lines up. For example he's claiming that the reason he found me suspicious is that I asked someone "who's town". However that's a similar question he asked when replaced into the game. And he never followed up and interrogated me about it.

And lately he's been saying that he was only been pretending to lurk to stay under the radar, but he's been caught active lurking and posting right after someone makes an accusation at him.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: East Bay
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4959  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:15 pm

@Nero - My scum read on you is fading. I had major tunnel vision. Congrats.

@Axle - I actually really love you right now. I do believe he slipped up also. I have made mini slip ups like those as scum, and it's the worst. Usually they go unnoticed, but I'm glad you found that. I am on board with a lynch on the Josh B/Gamr slot.

In other news, Izariael's 4933 feels like he knows far much more than he should. That is what originally had me scum reading him Night 1 in our neighborhood, and this is the reason why I am lingering scum reading him. I also don't like how he obviously wants to get rid of me, yet doesn't want a push on me. That's probably only seen majorly from my perspective, as I'm the one he's referring to, and the one where he will NOT be able to get rid of me. Nero is similar to this position, but less so recently.

I think Reinoe's being a bigger VI than me, despite him calling me the VI, but alas, I do think he's town. Which is why my vote is on Beast. There is no way that Reinoe, as scum, would claim to have investigated me as 'not mafia', and get rid of a mislynch on me in that variety.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4960  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:32 pm

In post 4958, reinoe wrote:
In post 4956, Thor665 wrote:Actually, on re-read Beasts' claim and actions seem to line up better than I had recalled

I find that nothing he's said lines up. For example he's claiming that the reason he found me suspicious is that I asked someone "who's town". However that's a similar question he asked when replaced into the game. And he never followed up and interrogated me about it.

And lately he's been saying that he was only been pretending to lurk to stay under the radar, but he's been caught active lurking and posting right after someone makes an accusation at him.

Please describe why, as scum, he would claim a false result on you at a point where he didn't even really look to be in that much risk of being lynched and at a point in the game where any non-Werewolf faction (which, by definition you claim to know exists) would have just been given a leg up on the wolves, or, if he's a wolf, had just lost a member and was down on the scorecards.

The scum plan literally is 'I'mma screw over my slot to deal with the threat of Reinoe!'
And the only way that works is if he's a two shot role cop or something. I dunno, if they have daytalk maybe he's the chosen sacrifice - but, still - it's a sacrifice play. Why do you think he did it?

GM can try to field that one too from within her cloud of wonders.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4961  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:35 pm

At the time of claim he was L-5 with three votes on him and multiple wagons at 2 votes.
I actually think i had three votes on me at that stage also, so I don't think he was even the frontrunner.

In unrelated news; The Mod should do more regular VCs.

reinoe
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4962  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:36 pm

In post 4960, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4958, reinoe wrote:
In post 4956, Thor665 wrote:Actually, on re-read Beasts' claim and actions seem to line up better than I had recalled

I find that nothing he's said lines up. For example he's claiming that the reason he found me suspicious is that I asked someone "who's town". However that's a similar question he asked when replaced into the game. And he never followed up and interrogated me about it.

And lately he's been saying that he was only been pretending to lurk to stay under the radar, but he's been caught active lurking and posting right after someone makes an accusation at him.

Please describe why, as scum, he would claim a false result on you at a point where he didn't even really look to be in that much risk of being lynched and at a point in the game where any non-Werewolf faction (which, by definition you claim to know exists) would have just been given a leg up on the wolves, or, if he's a wolf, had just lost a member and was down on the scorecards.

The scum plan literally is 'I'mma screw over my slot to deal with the threat of Reinoe!'
And the only way that works is if he's a two shot role cop or something. I dunno, if they have daytalk maybe he's the chosen sacrifice - but, still - it's a sacrifice play. Why do you think he did it?

GM can try to field that one too from within her cloud of wonders.

Addressing when I get home and don't have to phone post.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie

Izariael
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 27, 2014
Location: Narnia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4963  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:13 pm

In post 4959, Boonskiies wrote:In other news, Izariael's 4933 feels like he knows far much more than he should. That is what originally had me scum reading him Night 1 in our neighborhood, and this is the reason why I am lingering scum reading him. I also don't like how he obviously wants to get rid of me, yet doesn't want a push on me. That's probably only seen majorly from my perspective, as I'm the one he's referring to, and the one where he will NOT be able to get rid of me.


First of all, it's a thing called speculation. I don't claim to know 100% what happened. I'm offering what I think to be the most likely occurrence of events. You keep spinning it as though I'm saying "this is absolutely what happened" rather than "this is what I think happened". Stop. Please. It's getting annoying.

Second, I'm not pushing for your lynch. I'm really not interested in pushing you at all at this moment beyond getting your facts straight. I posted a series of roleclaims that have been made, and again, SPECULATED that not all of those claims were truthful or town-aligned. I did not say "none of them are town/true".
In post 4933, Izariael wrote:**Somewhat on-topic**

For claimed PRs, we have the following:

2-shot bulletproof (claimed; Boon)
1-shot jailkeeper (claimed; Thor)
Even-night cop (claimed by both beast and reinoe)

I doubt all of the above claims are town (and certainly one between beast/reinoe is lying, right?) given that we have the following:

Town JOAT (bodyguard/commuter) Tiershift
Vigilante (I'm speculating that it's limited, hence why I don't think Boon was shot on night one. I don't think there was a Vigi shot at all on night 1)


The bolded means that I don't think ALL FOUR of these claims are town. It does not mean:
-all four of these claims are NOT TOWN
-I am singling out Boon as the liar amongst the four claims. Lynch him.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.

Izariael
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 27, 2014
Location: Narnia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4964  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:24 pm

In post 4933, Izariael wrote:For claimed PRs, we have the following:

2-shot bulletproof (claimed; Boon)
1-shot jailkeeper (claimed; Thor)
Even-night cop (claimed by both beast and reinoe)

I doubt all of the above claims are town (and certainly one between beast/reinoe is lying, right?) given that we have the following:

Town JOAT (bodyguard/commuter) Tiershift
Vigilante (I'm speculating that it's limited, hence why I don't think Boon was shot on night one. I don't think there was a Vigi shot at all on night 1)

Boon, if I had meant to say "zero of these four claims are town", then I would have said "I doubt any of the above claims are town". My statement instead indicates that I don't think four out of four claims are town (given that we have confirmed JOAT and unclaimed vigi)

Do you now understand?
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4965  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:27 pm

In post 4959, Boonskiies wrote:My scum read on you is fading. I had major tunnel vision. Congrats.

well, I don't care now answer my question.

RE VI talk: I also feel like everyone is a VI besides me, Thor and the recently departed Egg.

Your hood is you, Iz, GM, shiro and who?
#banallhydras

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4966  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:30 pm

are you saying out of the 4 claims, including 2 even night cops, you think that ...boon is the liar
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Izariael
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 27, 2014
Location: Narnia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4967  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:33 pm

....... TSO ilu. :lol:
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.

Izariael
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 27, 2014
Location: Narnia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4968  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:36 pm

In post 4965, Nero Cain wrote:Your hood is you, Iz, GM, shiro and who?


The departed Aneninen
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.

beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4969  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:57 pm

In post 4966, T S O wrote:are you saying out of the 4 claims, including 2 even night cops, you think that ...boon is the liar


TSO, you know I am town. You are one of like 5 people who I am afraid of reading me when I am scum. Please just vote Reinoe so we get a scum lynch.

beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4970  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:00 pm

In post 4959, Boonskiies wrote:There is no way that Reinoe, as scum, would claim to have investigated me as 'not mafia', and get rid of a mislynch on me in that variety.


You are being blinded right now because Reinoe is calling you town. You are so excited that people might not lynch you. I understand the feeling and everything but you are being blinded.

Maybe it is obvious to me since I have the guilty result.

@everyone:
If I am lynched for some dumb reason, yall are going to flash lynch Reinoe tomorrow right?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4971  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:05 pm

In post 4970, beastcharizard wrote:If I am lynched for some dumb reason, yall are going to flash lynch Reinoe tomorrow right?

If you flip even night cop - clearly yes.
If not - clearly no.

Why even ask this?

Izariael
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 27, 2014
Location: Narnia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4972  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:16 pm

In post 4971, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4970, beastcharizard wrote:If I am lynched for some dumb reason, yall are going to flash lynch Reinoe tomorrow right?

If you flip even night cop - clearly yes.
If not - clearly no.

Why even ask this?


Perhaps the same reason that he promised to self-vote through the end of the game if reinoe didn't flip scum.... leverage.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4973  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:18 pm

That one makes more sense to me than this one.

beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4974  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:41 pm

In post 4971, Thor665 wrote:
In post 4970, beastcharizard wrote:If I am lynched for some dumb reason, yall are going to flash lynch Reinoe tomorrow right?

If you flip even night cop - clearly yes.
If not - clearly no.

Why even ask this?


Because I am upset that reinoe isn't lynched yet. I don't care if I am taken down first, I just need a guarantee that reinoe is going down with me.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games