The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #17650 (ISO) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:13 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 17645, Klazam wrote:TAINT

MOVE OUT

YOUR BASE WILL BE OVERRUN WITH THOUSAND WISPS IN LESS THAN 2 DAYS. (Taint spreads. when it covers a 25x25 area or cannot spread further, it starts spawning 4 wisps per 2 seconds.)

7/10 troll tho <3
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17651 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

IC2 for SP4?

sans gregshit of course...
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17652 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:43 pm

MODDED SERVER - PACK UPDATE

I've posted some information about the update on the blog, just to keep you in the know on how this goes (especially for our newer players). I've started working on the new pack and the TL;DR version of the post is that we should be ready to launch SP4 in about a month. YAY! Lots of awesome new updates and new things to come. I'm very excited for this update.

Don't forget to add your suggestions to the pack spreadsheet so I can take a look at things you want to see. This is the best way for me to know what you want - telling me in IRC means I'll see what you said and then forget it immediately. My memory is terrible and I'm usually doing something, so unless I'm working on the pack at that moment, I wont remember. I love new suggestions because I don't always know what's out there or what you guys are looking for. It really helps me out! Here is a list of mods for 1.7.10 if you don't know where to start. I'm checking out what's on there as well. The list has over 650 mods, so definitely take a look and see if something catches your eye.

And just to say - I love all our players, and I'm really happy to do this kind of stuff. If I do something that you don't like, I want to know about it! My job is to make sure the server is something we are all happy to be a part of (as well as keep it running as bug-free as possible!), so keep that in mind and let me know what you think.

Thanks! ♥
Art is cool.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17653 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

This list has a few more for those interested.

M
e
r
r
y
C
h
r
i
s
t
m
a
s
!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17654 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:08 pm

In post 17653, Maestro wrote:This list has a few more for those interested.

M
e
r
r
y
C
h
r
i
s
t
m
a
s
!

Ahhh thanks! <3 I was looking for the other mods. I didn't see Lucky Blocks on the one I posted but I knew it existed.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17655 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 am

Biomes O' Plenty biome survey!

Please fill this out. It's only two questions and there's an imgur album with a picture and short description of every biome that comes with this mod.

Thanks!!
Art is cool.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17656 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:27 pm

Post by aphix »

Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17657 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by Jackel98 »

Aphix, I think that those are a bit redundant, if that was a suggestion.

EDIT: Suggestion for the new modpack.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17658 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by aphix »

They are a basic cheap option for moving items. So I think they go really well alongside Progressive Automation if ETL is looking at that.

They aren't as functional as the other pipes and certainly not as great as using EIO conduits and such. But it's an early game option. Just figured I'd point it out because it looked good for a solid little mod that potentially has a niche to fill.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17659 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by aphix »

Played around with Progressive Automation some. Seems pretty solid mod. Definately not early game breaking. It seems they can only mine what the individual tools inside it can mine. So upgrading them is needed to be able to use higher level tools. The higher levels require upgraded .... upgrades. So within a few hours I got eight upgrades into a iron miner, which allows me to mine a 3x3 square down 65 blocks. So it's not game breaking and I got lucky on hitting a lot of iron and redstone to be able to do it.

Considering I think branch mining or cave mining might be faster to get ores, I'd say the PA is pretty solid mod for folks that want to do simple automation like mining. Haven't looked at the grower or chopper but I'd imagine the are very similar.

I have been enjoying some parts of smart move I think it is. The ability to climb some stuff and such is very nice when trying to scout areas and such, but I don't know if there was any discussion on that.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17660 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:05 pm

SUCCESS!?!

First draft list loaded without too much trouble!

Can anyone find the cool new thing I've added? :cool:
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #17661 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:20 am

Post by Maruchan »

the scumpack version 4.0 in the splash screen
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17662 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:31 am

Post by davesaz »

Comments on the list in the google doc.

I'm playing with roguelike in 1.7, or something that looks exactly like it. Don't remember how I found it.
Does carpenter's blocks pressure plate have a plate that mobs don't trigger? That's what I use obsidian plates for, not the looks.
Mystcraft and enhanced portals are listed as alternative for warp book, but the expense is very high (bordering on too high) unless intra-linking is enabled.
My test pack has both ComputerCraft and OpenComputers. Nothing preventing both from being there to let folks use whichever they like for a given task.
That said I have not used Open Computers yet -- but it's pretty early in the world (a few days game time) and I don't know which one is going to be better.

I found meteors for the AE press parts pretty quickly in my test world, but no silicon presses in 3 meteors so far. We might have to trade/gift extras or create spares to get a full set. This is not an issue and I know it's common knowledge for some, just mentioning it because others might not know. ;)

I use voxelmap for radar and mapmaker for large scale map, neither is listed on the sp4 page. One of either journeymap or dynmap used to lag me to death on SP, is that fixed? Does journeymap have mob radar like voxelmap?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17663 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Oso »

Journeymap does yes. There is a difference though, Voxel map will sort of fade/darken mobs as they get further away from your Y level, JourneyMap does not do this. Not a deal breaker at all in my opinion but functionally they are now pretty equivalent with some minor differences.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17664 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:38 am

Post by davesaz »

Will nether ores be included? Didn't notice it on any of the lists.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17665 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 am

Carpenter's blocks plates do have settings you can change with the hammer - trigger on player only (like obby plates), on hostile only, or on animal only.

Will look for Roguelike again. :P Do you prefer that? Was thinking might be good to try something new.

Enhanced Portals 3 is not the mod I was thinking about. The one I had in mind is cheaper. I'll let you know.

k on open c and cc - just don't want unnecessary redundancies. The list will need to be trimmed somehow - over 100 mods is very hefty.

JourneyMap does everything that those different maps used to do together and more now. it is client side so you are free to change it out. I'm including journeymap unlimited as the pack map.

pedit nether ores is on the list - CoFH took that over (along with mfr) from powercrystals
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17666 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:18 am

This was the one I was thinking about:
Spoiler: Colourful Portals

Not super cheap but about the same effort as getting ender pearls, and you can have multiple destinations in a single portal based on the order you created them in. And it comes with a portable portal you can grab and take with you. Another cool thing is you can create these ender pearls that create a portal to random destinations. I haven't done a ton of research on EP3 as for some reason I thought it was Colourful Portals. I'll compare the two.

I'm hesitant to include warp book again only because it's so easy to get - we never had it on other servers, but I'm not going to force it if it's really wanted (I do like easy things myself :P ) The other thing is that each pack should be something new and different, even if it includes some of the basic stuff we always use (like Tinker's).
Art is cool.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17667 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 17663, Oso wrote:Journeymap does yes. There is a difference though, Voxel map will sort of fade/darken mobs as they get further away from your Y level, JourneyMap does not do this. Not a deal breaker at all in my opinion but functionally they are now pretty equivalent with some minor differences.

Clarification: they darken the further they are below you and
they fade to become transparent the further they are above you.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17668 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:48 am

Oh and dynmap is a server thing only - you wont get it in the pack download. it allows people to "connect" to the server and see an interactive map and chat with players from the web.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17669 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Computer Craft and Open Computer

I don't use computers so I need information from those who do, because I'm not familiar enough with it to know what each mod offers. Which of these mods offers something the other doesn't while still providing the same utility? How well integrated are they in terms of working with the other mods we have (like Thermal Expansion, Big Reactors, etc.)? What are the pros and cons of including one over the other - a comparison of the two?

Are they meant to be installed together or do they provide the same functions in different forms? Meaning, do they augment each other or are they stand-alone versions of the same type of mod?
Art is cool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17670 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:47 am

Post by sthar8 »

I would be fine skipping on warp books
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17671 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:07 am

Post by aphix »

I don't know about all the computer mods. But I know that the computer mod we had can control reactors wonderfully and way more efficiently then trying to manually control them. SO I think they are good that way to manage resources.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17672 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 am

LOOKIT PRETTY COLORS!
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #17673 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 17666, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:This was the one I was thinking about:
Spoiler: Colourful Portals

Not super cheap but about the same effort as getting ender pearls, and you can have multiple destinations in a single portal based on the order you created them in. And it comes with a portable portal you can grab and take with you. Another cool thing is you can create these ender pearls that create a portal to random destinations. I haven't done a ton of research on EP3 as for some reason I thought it was Colourful Portals. I'll compare the two.

I'm hesitant to include warp book again only because it's so easy to get - we never had it on other servers, but I'm not going to force it if it's really wanted (I do like easy things myself :P ) The other thing is that each pack should be something new and different, even if it includes some of the basic stuff we always use (like Tinker's).

YES

as peopel keep playing, we add portals of a same color to each person's settlement, so we can use a single color set as "visit everyone" and see how everyone's builds are comign along!
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17674 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Binnie's new AMAZING compartments!
The above is just the first tier (wooden). You can name the tabs, give them an icon, color code them. Very cool. Goes wooden, copper, bronze, iron, gold, diamond in tiers. Love it!

Also totally compatible with piping/conduits etc. of course.
Art is cool.

Return to “The Arcade”