NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6150  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Bullshit. It's not really LYLO. Wolves are playing it safe to try and avoid being NKed. Lynch me, and they only win if neither of them gets NKed

Still Thor and Boon. Now that the connections between them have them pointed out, they're distancing.
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6151  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Vote Boon
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6152  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Cool. Took you long enough.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6153  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 pm

In post 6150, Pine wrote:Still Thor and Boon. Now that the connections between them have them pointed out, they're distancing.

:neutral:

So all my attempts to sell that someone should shoot Boon on all previous days were *not* distancing then?
Tell me more.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6154  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:29 am

Yes. Please tell me more about how you were pushing people to shoot your bulletproof buddy
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6155  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:31 am

And enough with the bullshit about how, just because once upon a time you attacked someone or buddies them, that you can't be their buddy. Bussing exists. White knighting buddies exists. Talking about what you would or wouldn't do as scum is engaging in the basest WIFOM
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6156  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:04 am

Pine/Thor distancing themselves from each other now. Nice.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6157  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:47 am

You really are just throwing everything at the wall in the hopes that something sticks, aren't you?

Thor and I have been scum reading each other hard since I replaced in.mcharacterizing it as something new and nefarious is just misrepresentative
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6158  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:56 am

Thor/Slandaar/Nero does not make up the wolf buddies, as they would have hammered you and won. I'm really confident with my vote.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6159  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 am

In post 6157, Pine wrote:Thor and I have been scum reading each other hard since I replaced in.mcharacterizing it as something new and nefarious is just misrepresentative

Dude, you should really stop with the WIFOM - after all;

In post 6155, Pine wrote:And enough with the bullSmurf about how, just because once upon a time you attacked someone or buddies them, that you can't be their buddy. Bussing exists. White knighting buddies exists. Talking about what you would or wouldn't do as scum is engaging in the basest WIFOM


:lol:

@Boon - who do you think Pine's scumbuddy is, if any?
I don't care that he is scum, I care if he has a scum buddy that makes sense. Because if he doesn't he'd be Mafia, yeah?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6160  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 am

In post 6158, Boonskiies wrote:Thor/Slandaar/Nero does not make up the wolf buddies, as they would have hammered you and won. I'm really confident with my vote.

So you're saying TSO or Nero wolf?

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6161  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:38 am

In post 6142, Thor665 wrote:Just a few pages back Boon already did some colorcoding of Day 1 with his name in green.
You think all of those look great?

Well, I think they look fantastic if you colour him a Wolf colour, but sure, Green looks fine.
In post 6142, Thor665 wrote:Tell me - who do you think is mafia if not Boon? I want to see how you make sense of mafia's actions there.

I have not changed my opinion - I think it's Pine.

Show what it is which you think makes my opinion so unlikely.
(use the VC's to demonstrate)

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6162  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:01 am

In post 6142, Thor665 wrote:That is not true and I reject your narrow logic for thinking so.
The concept of the game is based around trying to figure out why scum would or would not do what they do or don't do.
That's scumhunting.

Your 'trying to figure out why scum would or would not do' is 'what Thor would do'?

Do you think that is sensible?

You have not assessed the kills individually you have just blanketed them with 'they were bad cross kill attempts'

To use this for scum hunting purposes you would need to decide who is most likely to shoot those players for that purpose when the purpose can be completely wrong.

Clearly that IS sub-optimal.

Let me give you my assessment of the kills:
Axle looks like an obvTown kill. It may also be a 'Axle suspected the scum' type kill, likely a bit of both. It does not look like a cross kill attempt.
DGB was a Vig so you need to cross this off as a PR kill. There is no way to know if scum shot her for PR reasons or other reasons thus not assuming PR is bad.

I look forward to seeing how you use your assessment's for scum-hunting purposes though... :]
(I want you to explain how you are planning to do so as you consider it scum hunting)

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6163  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:26 am

In post 6142, Thor665 wrote:No they don't because your reply is based on a false premise of what I'm saying and then asks me to defend the premise.
My rebuttal was 'no matter which you think i said what is the different mindset' you replied with 'you didn't say both, why do you want me to believe you did' to which I say 'buh?'
Read the reply again.

All roads Thor. ALL roads.

My point Y stems from Z. You are making a pointless argument X wherein your meaning of Z is different to the one I am using.

Either you accept your meaning of Z was as I have used it or you argue that I am wrong.

Why does it matter when X and Y both lead to A? How you got to A is what matters not that you get to A because checking how people get to their conclusion is scumhunting.

Rewind the conversation
Thor
Crosskills!
Sland
Why do you think they were crosskills?
Thor
It's what I would do
Sland
Your analysis seems sub-optimal.

Thor then changes argument:
In post 6090, Thor665 wrote:So what was I saying - I was saying that they shot for scum poorly or that they shot for town wisely? In both cases my core point is that they chose poorly. Either way, what difference in mindset do you think it will make that will lead to sub-optimal scumhunting from my end?

Not actually what Thor said and if he had said that then the previous line of questioning is completely different ie: Well which do you think?

Instead Thor takes you down this ridiculous path then tries twisting it.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6164  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 am

In post 6161, Slandaar wrote:Well, I think they look fantastic if you colour him a Wolf colour, but sure, Green looks fine.

So you think this looks fine?
In post 5997, Boonskiies wrote:GRAY is unflipped who are not mafia.

[7]PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Muffin, Scripten, davesaz, The Fonz, Boonskiies
[4]Thor: goodmorning, Nero Cain, flubbernugget, PeregrineV
[3]Aneninen: T S O, Pine, Shiro
[2]T S O: AxleGreaser, Aneninen
[1]Shiro: reinoe
[1]Scripten: DGB
[3] Not Voting: Slandaar, beastcharizard, Tiershift
=========================


In post 6162, Slandaar wrote:To use this for scum hunting purposes you would need to decide who is most likely to shoot those players for that purpose when the purpose can be completely wrong.

Such are all value calls in the game - value calls are still made. You are making one, and I am making one - the opinions differ but the core reality of a value call being made has not changed. Therefore, if I am sub optimal so are you.
Clarify?


In post 6163, Slandaar wrote:Either you accept your meaning of Z was as I have used it or you argue that I am wrong.

I already argued that you were wrong.

In post 6163, Slandaar wrote:Rewind the conversation
Thor
Crosskills!
Sland
Why do you think they were crosskills?
Thor
It's what I would do
Sland
Your analysis seems sub-optimal.

?

No, it was like this;

Thor
Those were incredibly bad shots for scum to make.
Sland
Why do you think they were crosskills?
Thor
I never said that.
Sland
Your analysis seems sub-optimal
Thor
Why?
Sland
Watch my scumhunting soar!


Whassup?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6165  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:15 am

In post 5929, Thor665 wrote:But that means scum teams shot Axle and DGB fishing for other scum? What the heck, lackwits?

In post 6087, Thor665 wrote:I am looking at the kills and surmising that scum shot for town and then calling scum raging lackwits who play badly.

In post 6090, Thor665 wrote:In both cases my core point is that they chose poorly.


Such a shocking story change from me.
I'm sure the change will just leap into my face as I read these.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6166  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:56 pm

In post 6158, Boonskiies wrote:Thor/Slandaar/Nero does not make up the wolf buddies, as they would have hammered you and won. I'm really confident with my vote.

1) I'm not at L-1
2) It isn't LYLO
3) Wolves still have to survive Mafia night kill

Your argument is invalid

I'm really getting the impression that Boon thinks I'm Mafia. That's really the only way he would think that hammering me = endgame
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6167  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:28 pm

I don't see how you can possibly be mafia.

@Thor - the wolf buddies aren't both in that group of 3. One of the three of you are pines partner, though.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Aegor
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 11, 2007
Location: Omega Station

Post Post #6168  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Votecount 5.2

[2]Pine: Boonskiies, T S O
[1]Boonskiies: Pine

[5] Not Voting: Nero Cain, Slandaar, Thor665

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 deadline: (expired on 2015-01-18 06:06:44)

Mod Notes
OP should be completely up-to-date.
Currently partying at the M A S Q U E R A D E -- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6169  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:06 pm

I read your hilarious posts Thor... Oh dear. I will reply later but this
'Such are all value calls in the game - value calls are still made. You are making one, and I am making one - the opinions differ but the core reality of a value call being made has not changed. Therefore, if I am sub optimal so are you.
Clarify?'

gave me a good minute long laugh so I thank you for that.

I mean I have no idea why you are calling them value calls but fine, allow me to enlighten you on value calling. When you are making a 'value call' the objective of such should be to use as much information as possible to make the best 'value call' you can with the information available - you didn't and thus your 'value call' was sub-optimal I mean really Thorsie... really. :]

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6170  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm beginning to believe Nero is Pine's partner.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6171  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:13 pm

In post 6167, Boonskiies wrote:I don't see how you can possibly be mafia.

@Thor - the wolf buddies aren't both in that group of 3. One of the three of you are pines partner, though.

And you think we all look to be likely?

In post 6169, Slandaar wrote:I mean I have no idea why you are calling them value calls but fine, allow me to enlighten you on value calling. When you are making a 'value call' the objective of such should be to use as much information as possible to make the best 'value call' you can with the information available - you didn't and thus your 'value call' was sub-optimal I mean really Thorsie... really. :]

:facepalm:

I don't even know where you're going and have had no idea for some time. Sure - I await the insight.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6172  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:47 pm

In post 6147, Thor665 wrote:For the purpose of 'I just want to see it because I don't think it exists' I'll provide it if you commit to an answer without weird attached caveats.
If not - his and my iso await your attention to check it out for yourself.

Basically - it's worth it to me to go and dig for the quotes if I can get you to commit that you'd not buy it as wolf/wolf action - other than that I see no value to my time to dig for info so you can consider said info in a vacuum. Spend your own time doing that research if it's valuable to you - that is of no value to me.


Very well - I don't believe that you were buddying Scripten. Not one bit, no no no no no.

Let's see it.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6173  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:08 pm

In post 565, Scripten wrote:Heh. I like this. Not yet ready to sheep Thor, but this is a good post.

In post 606, Scripten wrote:It's actually hilarious how badly both you and PereV are missing what Thor has been saying.

Here's two of them.
I have no wproved it happened.

So - next question - why have you not checked out a flipped Wolf's iso?

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6174  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:17 pm

*buries head in sand*
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games