NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6175  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:17 pm

That was pathetic.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6176  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:38 pm

In post 6171, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6167, Boonskiies wrote:I don't see how you can possibly be mafia.

@Thor - the wolf buddies aren't both in that group of 3. One of the three of you are pines partner, though.

And you think we all look to be likely?

Well, I know I'm town. I'm pretty sure TSO is town. Which makes only one of the three of you town by POE.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6177  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:08 pm

In post 6175, T S O wrote:That was pathetic.

Okay?
It still showed what I needed to prove that buddying was happening.
And also seems to imply you really aren't reading Scripten...like, at all.
Do you think that is an incorrect conclusion from the info I've seen?

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6178  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:36 pm

In post 6177, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6175, T S O wrote:That was pathetic.

Okay?
It still showed what I needed to prove that buddying was happening.
And also seems to imply you really aren't reading Scripten...like, at all.
Do you think that is an incorrect conclusion from the info I've seen?

No one ever questioned that the buddying happened. It's the absurd assertion that it makes you Town that we scoffed at. I mean, that's literally the best you can come up with to demonstrate your Town bona fides, and it relies entirely on your self-meta and "Trust me bro"
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6179  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:38 pm

I want Thor's head on a platter. He's definitely, definitely scum

Boon needs to go first, though, I can't shoot him
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6180  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 am

No, but you can claw me to death.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6181  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:18 am

In post 6164, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6161, Slandaar wrote:Well, I think they look fantastic if you colour him a Wolf colour, but sure, Green looks fine.

So you think this looks fine?
In post 5997, Boonskiies wrote:GRAY is unflipped who are not mafia.

[7]PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Muffin, Scripten, davesaz, The Fonz, Boonskiies
[4]Thor: goodmorning, Nero Cain, flubbernugget, PeregrineV
[3]Aneninen: T S O, Pine, Shiro
[2]T S O: AxleGreaser, Aneninen
[1]Shiro: reinoe
[1]Scripten: DGB
[3] Not Voting: Slandaar, beastcharizard, Tiershift
=========================


Yes?

All the main wagons are not mafia so mafia have no real incentive to vote PV (which I assume is the point you are making) Fact is, 2 mafia were not voting PV, the third may or may not have been but there isn't a reason to think the 7th vote on the wagon is likely to be mafia.

You will now explain why I am wrong I assume.
In post 6164, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6163, Slandaar wrote:Either you accept your meaning of Z was as I have used it or you argue that I am wrong.

I already argued that you were wrong.

No, you didn't.
In post 6164, Thor665 wrote:No, it was like this;

Thor
Those were incredibly bad shots for scum to make.
Sland
Why do you think they were crosskills?
Thor
I never said that.

Ladies and Gentlemen BEHOLD a new way to say 'I never said that!':
In post 6078, Thor665 wrote:the only way half intelligent scum should have been shooting last night was to hit other scum. Scum who spent last night shooting at town are playing badly.

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6182  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:24 am

In post 6165, Thor665 wrote:
In post 5929, Thor665 wrote:But that means scum teams shot Axle and DGB fishing for other scum? What the heck, lackwits?

In post 6087, Thor665 wrote:I am looking at the kills and surmising that scum shot for town and then calling scum raging lackwits who play badly.

Such a shocking story change from me.

I know. It's ridiculous.

Doesn't even include the part where I ask you why you think they were aiming for other scum and you reply with 'because scum should only have been shooting for other scum' which by extension means you think they were shooting for other scum and not as you say in the second quote 'shot for town'

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6183  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 am

In post 6171, Thor665 wrote:I don't even know where you're going and have had no idea for some time. Sure - I await the insight.

What?

My argument was purely: your analysis is sub-optimal in a very obvious way. I find this highly suspicious.

You then took us down this path, this nonsense about value calling and 'how was my argument sub-optimal' is completely down to you Thor. I like how when you see how ridiculous this argument became so you try to act like it has something to do with me though.

1. Do you think your argument was optimal based on the information available? AND based on my interpretation of events not yours (to separate arguments my interpretation is the important and relevant one here)
2. Do you disagree that someone making what 'appears' to be a sub-optimal argument should be examined/questioned?

Slandaar
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6184  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:55 am

In post 5175, Aegor wrote:[5]beastcharizard: Thor665, reinoe, Shiro, AxleGreaser, Boonskiies
[5]reinoe: beastcharizard, Slandaar, Nero Cain, Josh_B, Flubbernugget
[1]Thor665: goodmorning

[2] Not Voting: Izariael, T S O

This is a more interesting VC than the nonsense one you are showing Thor. (Although I would greatly enjoy you showing me more of these VC's)
Where is the mafia?

Bussing?
Voting Beast?
Not Voting?

Balance wise you have to say not voting and in fact sitting there waiting to see what happens makes sense from a mafia perspective that day. But actually I would suggest they would be bussing because either way Reinoe was flipping so getting the bus cred in is more valuable than saving your buddy for the day and then looking like mafia.

I like Josh as mafia for sitting on Reinoe that day doing pretty much nothing then flaking. I find that a huge mafia tell. Take Flubber, he didn't sit there as long but he did exactly the same sort of thing.

Whassup Thor?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6185  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 pm

In post 6178, Pine wrote:No one ever questioned that the buddying happened.

Other than TSO you mean?

In post 6178, Pine wrote:It's the absurd assertion that it makes you Town that we scoffed at.

So you're saying Scripten did that to engender good feelings from me towards him so I wouldn't vote to lynch him while we were wolf buddies?

In post 6181, Slandaar wrote:All the main wagons are not mafia so mafia have no real incentive to vote PV (which I assume is the point you are making) Fact is, 2 mafia were not voting PV, the third may or may not have been but there isn't a reason to think the 7th vote on the wagon is likely to be mafia.

It's called percentages - when 7 people (1/3 of all voters) are voting someone (an 8th player who is not Mafia) - then, yes, I would expect Mafia to be on that wagon.
So...do you not do wagon analysis or do you do it in some alternate way? Becausse I'm pretty sure my way is the "standard" way or at least close to it. What's your method?

In post 6181, Slandaar wrote:No, you didn't.

Yes I did? This is empty.

In post 6181, Slandaar wrote:
In post 6164, Thor665 wrote:No, it was like this;

Thor
Those were incredibly bad shots for scum to make.
Sland
Why do you think they were crosskills?
Thor
I never said that.

Ladies and Gentlemen BEHOLD a new way to say 'I never said that!':
In post 6078, Thor665 wrote:the only way half intelligent scum should have been shooting last night was to hit other scum. Scum who spent last night shooting at town are playing badly.

Yeah - totally a story change...

In post 6182, Slandaar wrote:Doesn't even include the part where I ask you why you think they were aiming for other scum and you reply with 'because scum should only have been shooting for other scum' which by extension means you think they were shooting for other scum and not as you say in the second quote 'shot for town'

Scum either shot for town, which was bad play.
Or they shot for scum by shooting fairly town looking slots, which was bad play.
Ergo - scum is playing badly - which is what I somewhat implied when I called them "lackwits" which is not meant as a compliment of their play.
No matter which way you approach it - scum shot dumb last night.

In post 6184, Slandaar wrote:
In post 5175, Aegor wrote:[5]beastcharizard: Thor665, reinoe, Shiro, AxleGreaser, Boonskiies
[5]reinoe: beastcharizard, Slandaar, Nero Cain, Josh_B, Flubbernugget
[1]Thor665: goodmorning

[2] Not Voting: Izariael, T S O

This is a more interesting VC than the nonsense one you are showing Thor. (Although I would greatly enjoy you showing me more of these VC's)
Where is the mafia?

Highlighted in read? Do you mean wolves here? But you can't mean wolves and then bring up bussing...so, I'm not sure what your point is really.

In post 6184, Slandaar wrote:Bussing?
Voting Beast?
Not Voting?

Well - I have called Boon scum, so he's certainly a slot I'm eyeing. Also, Flubber shows that bussing was happening, so I'm not sure why you have a question mark behind it (again, unless you meant wolves - but then what bussing are you talking about even on a theoretical level?)?

In post 6184, Slandaar wrote:I like Josh as mafia for sitting on Reinoe that day doing pretty much nothing then flaking. I find that a huge mafia tell. Take Flubber, he didn't sit there as long but he did exactly the same sort of thing.

Whassup Thor?

You say this like it's owning my face on some point - what point do you think you're owning me on? Calling Pine scum? I've been doing that for a few days now - both real and game, so...?
I don't feel like we're talking with each other here - I feel like I've missed an entire sub conversation/debate of which this is a crowning culmination post to - clarify?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6186  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:31 pm

Or is it you're trying to sell me that Josh is Mafia?
Nah - I find that unlikely, his play works fine for Wolf and, in my opinion, moreso than Mafia.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6187  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:49 pm

if he was mafia, wolves would have gotten him lynched by now.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6188  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:50 pm

He has a partner somewhere, and it's either Slandaar or Nero (where are you?). I've been starting to town read Thor more and more the past few pages.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6189  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Of course you have
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6190  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Some actual participation and commitment from NC and TSO would be lovely
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6191  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 pm

PeregrineV: Egg, Thor665, Scripten, The Fonz, davesaz, TierShift, Shiro, T S O, Pine, AxleGreaser, Muffin, Boonskiies

This wagon is definitely lacking in mafia currently.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6192  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:34 pm

@Slandaar - in and amongst your derp debate, talk to me about why you think Pine is Mafia and not Wolf. I am very much of the opposite opinion.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6193  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

In post 6188, Boonskiies wrote:He has a partner somewhere, and it's either Slandaar or Nero (where are you?). I've been starting to town read Thor more and more the past few pages.


If it was possible, the opposite's been happening for me.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6194  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Why is that odd? You started the day suspecting me, then started to town read me for no apparent reason, and now are claiming a return to status quo at Day start. Why does this leave you amazed at the possibility?

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6195  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm

In post 6124, T S O wrote:Everyone, if I die, PLEASE do not clear Slandaar and Nero for no good reason - I have been fingering Thor a lot for scum lately but that could be wrong the more I think on it.


This is the only "townread" I have ever given you today and that was because I was expecting a quickhammer on Pine, as evidenced later, and didn't want to die and town to simply autoclear people and quicklynch you.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6196  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:24 pm

@Nero - thoughts on Pine?
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6197  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:46 am

In post 6195, T S O wrote:
In post 6124, T S O wrote:Everyone, if I die, PLEASE do not clear Slandaar and Nero for no good reason - I have been fingering Thor a lot for scum lately but that could be wrong the more I think on it.


This is the only "townread" I have ever given you today and that was because I was expecting a quickhammer on Pine, as evidenced later, and didn't want to die and town to simply autoclear people and quicklynch you.

Yes?

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6198  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:51 am

Pine/Slandaar are wolves; Nero is mafia. End of story. Let's end this game.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6199  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:14 am

Why is Slandaar Pine's scumbuddy? I've been having a hard time narrowing down who I think is most likely to fit that role.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games