Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6450 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 6440, Boonskiies wrote:Slandaar and I as the wolf team?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What a joker Nero is.
(See how Boon doesn't react to Boon/Thor implications but does to Me/Him there is a reason)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6451 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6450, Slandaar wrote:(See how Boon doesn't react to Boon/Thor implications but does to Me/Him
there is a reason
)

I agree.

hello buddies.

also
vote:Boon
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6452 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Pine »

In post 6446, Nero Cain wrote:What is your take on Boon calling Slandaar wolf but being so hesitant to vote him?

Shrug. He's barely had Slandaar as a secondary wolf read. He probably suspects that Slandaar's really just a VT, and isn't concerned with him. In other words, it isn't an ignore-your-buddy play, it's a lack of conviction.

Nero, remind me where you stand on Thor and why?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6453 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6427, Slandaar wrote:He was 7th on a wagon where there are no other mafia present. It's incredibly weak reasoning.

Show me this wagon analysis.

I have already - that's why you're calling it weak over and over, because you saw it and decided it was weak. Why do you want to see it again, have you forgotten why you are calling it weak or something?

In post 6429, Pine wrote:I'm back to him being the most likely Mafia candidate. Boon threw me for a bit, but his reversion to collaborating with you and my version of setup spec puts it back to Thor/Boon vs Slandaar

Why do you think Slandaar makes sense as Mafia?

In post 6439, Nero Cain wrote:yes...no...idk. My one game with him his night actions were really bad and he just sorta gave up and stopped defending himself when he got ran up. Part of me wants to say "yes" he'd have better logic as town 'cause I think there's a load of scum motivation to push one person over another.

:neutral:
This feels immensely empty to me - why are you okay with it as your thought process and conclusion reasoning?

In post 6439, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6403, Thor665 wrote:Not sure about Nero/Boon for Mafia,

Did you not see Ren trying to lynch the Smurf out of me and me leading a lynch on Flubber?

I'm not sure I saw either situation.

Going back and looking - calling your push on Flubber 'leading' is a massive stretch. You're either lying to me or lying to yourself if you believe that.
Looking at Reinoe I see a temporary push where he was trying to connect us as buddies (which makes sense to do as a bus to a scumbuddy you) and another period during the claim deal where (at a stage he was already dead and on a timer) he kind of soft batted at you. Some of his commentary there feels slightly non-buss-ish, but I don't get a clean clear read from it myself.
That's all I got from those two points - am I overlooking/misrepping something?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6454 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Pine »

Slandaar as Mafia through PoE, mostly. Thor + Boon wolf means {TSO, NC, Slandaar} Mafia. NC is the Towniest of Town. Of {TSO, Slandaar}, Slandaar is scummier and has been acting very calculated today

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6455 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

So the Slandaar case is based off him being the scummiest of 'not Thor and Boon'.

Are you going to explain how my reaction made me look like a Wolf yet?
You sort of keep ducking that - or are you still not at a computer?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6456 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Pine »

No, it isn't 'based on that.' I'm not Mafia-hunting today, you are. Lynching Mafia loses the game for us and wins the game for you. Slandaar is my best offhand guess, and I'll look at it closer if the necessity arises. Day 6, if we get one, will be a massively changed landscape

The ONLY way that Mafia-hunting will be productive, for the entire rest of the game, is if we lynch Wolf, a Wolf gets shot, and Mafia doesn't get shot. Even then, half the player list, possibly myself included, will be gone.

So I'm not putting a lot of effort in until I need to

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6457 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Pine »

Misspoke; Mafia-hunting can also be productive from a MYLO perspective, in that we don't want to lynch that person today. However, that exclusionary process is FAR less productive than the inclusionary process of wolf hunting, which is what practically every post I've made today has been devoted to

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6458 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6456, Pine wrote:No, it isn't 'based on that.' I'm not Mafia-hunting today, you are. Lynching Mafia loses the game for us and wins the game for you. Slandaar is my best offhand guess, and I'll look at it closer if the necessity arises. Day 6, if we get one, will be a massively changed landscape

The ONLY way that Mafia-hunting will be productive, for the entire rest of the game, is if we lynch Wolf, a Wolf gets shot, and Mafia doesn't get shot. Even then, half the player list, possibly myself included, will be gone.

So I'm not putting a lot of effort in until I need to

As mentioned to Boon - Mafia hunting will increase the odds of lynching Wolf just as much as Town hunting. Ruling out a lynch option is very useful for finding a Wolf. I wish both of you would grow some brains/stop being scummy and stop acting like refusing to figure out who Mafia is somehow translates as pro-town play at this stage.

You still didn't answer me about the Thor=Wolf reaction question either.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6459 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Pine »

No

Wolf hunting will increase the odds of catching a Wolf. Not-a-Wolf is the only designation that matters today. In the slim chance that we end up in a Town:Town:Mafia LYLO, which is Mafia's only hope aside from Kingmaker, then it will matter.

You're kind of blinded by your obsessive need to find the last Mafia, aren't you? You need to either lynch them today or shoot them tonight, because Wolves will probably lose a Kingmaker decision

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6460 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:32 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yes, I agree, 'not a wolf' is useful.
Oddly, we have relational information for Mafia that we lack for town. Crazy that.
Also, we have scummy looking people that need to be sorted as either wolf or not a wolf - again, maiking spotting the Mafia useful.

In any case - again - what was my wolf reaction? Are you intentionally ducking responding to this question?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6461 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6455, Thor665 wrote:Are you going to explain how my reaction made me look like a Wolf yet?
You sort of keep ducking that - or are you still not at a computer?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6462 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 6460, Thor665 wrote:Yes, I agree, 'not a wolf' is useful.
Oddly, we have relational information for Mafia that we lack for town. Crazy that.
Also, we have scummy looking people that need to be sorted as either wolf or not a wolf - again, maiking spotting the Mafia useful.

In any case - again - what was my wolf reaction? Are you intentionally ducking responding to this question?

Yep

Proving what I saw is a lot of work, and I don't fucking feel like it

TL;DR is that you got all frenzied, pried for a bunch of information, and didn't actually let up much despite mouthing the words about a Mafia vote being anti-Town. In other words, I felt you were getting really excited to night kill me and wrap the game up. Wolf team' stop goal today (other than staying alive) is to identify the Mafia (another reason I don't feel like indulging you regarding my Mafia reads,) and I just handed you the answer.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6463 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6462, Pine wrote:TL;DR is that you got all frenzied, pried for a bunch of information, and didn't actually let up much despite mouthing the words about a Mafia vote being anti-Town.

1. I got 'frenzied'? How? And also, how is that scummy?
2. I agree, I pried for information - this is...scummy? I thought that was called 'scumhunting'?
3. I didn't let up much...despite flat out saying you weren't the lynch and having both Boon and TSO declare me as your Wolf buddy for protecting you from them while both of them insisted you were still the lynch...and *I* am the one you saw as not letting up? Explain that to me a bit more.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6464 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Pine »

Not engaging on this. My Wolf read was strong way before this. It's a case of subtext rather than anything overt that you said.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6465 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:29 am

Post by T S O »

I'm here.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6466 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:32 am

Post by Pine »

Cool story. How about getting on board

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6467 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:33 am

Post by T S O »

I am swamped with hw and have MORE exams next month, but I will try.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6468 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Pine »

Just vote Boon FOR GREAT JUSTICE

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6469 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:41 am

Post by T S O »

I reaaallllly don't think Boon is wolf
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6470 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Pine »

:facepalm:

Why the fuck not

We literally CANNOT lynch the BULLETPROOF WOLF without your help

Take your meds or whatever and reevaluate him

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6471 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:56 am

Post by T S O »

Bulletproof Wolf

How balanced is that again?
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6472 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 am

Post by Pine »

Entirely

Wolves have defensive powers, Mafia have offensive powers

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6473 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by T S O »

so it's Thor/Boon?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6474 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by T S O »

because we have studiously ignored even wagoning Thor today and this Boon flashwagon feels like shit

your wagon is always derailed
Thor's wagon is always derailed
Boon shows no sign of being derailed

why is this
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”