NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6700  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:04 pm

In post 6683, Pine wrote:Actually, I steadfastedly avoided posts that merely restated my conclusion, and tried to only quote ones that explained my reasoning. Nice try.

You have a very loose definition of 'not restating' then.

In post 6683, Pine wrote:I went through my entire ISO, and only quoted about half the posts that mention you.

In this quote, I am highlighting the collusion between you and Boon. You stubbornly refuse to even consider the possibility of Boon as a Wolf. Town wouldn't dismiss the possibility, Mafia certainly wouldn't.

I did consider Boon as a Wolf - that is part and parcel of my 'I only see Boon with TSO' conversation. We can discuss that if you like, but it's a clear lie that I haven't considered him as scum in general and wolf in particular. Indeed, he's my frontrunner for Mafia at this stage, and I discussed my reasoning or that also.

In post 6683, Pine wrote:And seriously, how cowardly was it to choose one of the simplest and most straightforward posts to use as your example?

Oh, I only took the easy one, eh?
Okay...

How about 5954 - where you just post a funny picture - that was worth noting as part of your "case"?
Or 6155 - which is you saying 'oh, just because there is evidence that you are not a buddy to someone, it could have been a scum plan!' which is...the opposite of a 'case'.
Or 6263 - which I have repeatedly asked you to justify, as you're claiming I'm Wolf for "bloodthirtiness" while neither showing bloodthirstiness nor explaining how it's a wolf tell.
Or 6411 where you ding me and Boon for 'eerie simultaneous attacks' while ignoring that Boon did the same thing with TSO and that TSO did the same thing with me.
Or 6513 where basically you're trying to make a sarcastic=scummy case.

Aw...crap...I'm being sarcastic again, so now this post is part of your case against me too.

No - your case is just a random Thor+Boon based on how Boon is treating me more than how I'm treating him, and ignoring how I'm treating others (and being treated by others) in similar fashions. Why is that?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6701  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 pm

In post 6699, Pine wrote:
In post 6697, Nero Cain wrote:So why did you decide that I was wrong?

My case on Thor+Boon is simply stronger

To ask the follow up question for Nero.

Why?

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6702  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 pm

I really doubt this game has 4 town prs + 6 scum
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6703  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 pm

like I find it REALLY bad that both Pine and Slandaar are pushing the idea that town has only 4prs. I also kinda think it makes Pine/Slan less likely to be a team.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6704  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:12 pm

thus the wolf team is either pine/boon or boon/slandaar

so sheep me on Boon ( since I guess we aren't no lynching like we prob should) you guys

vote:Boon
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6705  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:13 pm

In post 6701, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6699, Pine wrote:
In post 6697, Nero Cain wrote:So why did you decide that I was wrong?

My case on Thor+Boon is simply stronger

To ask the follow up question for Nero.

Why?

Evidence of Thor + Boon > Evidence of Thor - Boon

Really, this is not a complicated equation. I read his case, decided mine was better

PE: I'm not pushing that idea. I'm pushing my reads. Besides, we've seen two Town investigators, a Town Vig, and a Town protective JOAT flip. On the other side, we've seen nothing defensive flip from any scum. I really don't see how it's a problem

PE2: Goddamnit, we've been doing this all day. TSO and Thor refuse to vote Boon. It isn't going to happen. If either of them does, I'm all over it
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6706  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:17 pm

So deadline is in like 10 hours. The only votes that I support today are Boon/Slandaar/no lynch and maybe Pine (but you'll have to explain why he's wolf) so you guys decide what ya'll want.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6707  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Nero...we want Slandaar...T S O/Myself/Thor are all voting him. Are you really not paying attention? It's on you to hammer it.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6708  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:28 pm

@Slandaar: The fact that NC isn't loll hammering you when he's got plenty of plausible cause pretty well proves he's not a wolf
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Nero Cain
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 07, 2009
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6709  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:32 pm

oh ok....I'll hammer in 30 mins just incase someone else wants to say something.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6710  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:35 pm

:(

Good game
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6711  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:49 pm

In post 6708, Pine wrote:@Slandaar: The fact that NC isn't loll hammering you when he's got plenty of plausible cause pretty well proves he's not a wolf


False. Nero/Slandaar is possible as a wolf team.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6712  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:50 pm

@Pine - if Slandaar flips wolf, who would you say his partner is?
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6713  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:06 pm

In post 6712, Boonskiies wrote:@Pine - if Slandaar flips wolf, who would you say his partner is?

Haven't considered it seriously enough. Probably moot
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6714  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm here.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6715  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:09 pm

Pine, you could be town - but Slandaar is the best lynch choice for me because I could conceive multiple teams he's on. I'm sorry if you're town, you really could be, and if I'm tossing the game I apologise - but I have been convinced into lynching town by scum in LyLo when I KNEW I was right and it's not happening here. Vote is staying. Slandaar gets dead now.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6716  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Hey TSO.

Be pro-Town for once and save us.

You're all we need for a Boon lynch
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6717  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Slandaar should have claimed if he was Mafia.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6718  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Then convince me Slandaar isn't Wolf?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6719  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 pm

In post 6715, T S O wrote:Pine, you could be town - but Slandaar is the best lynch choice for me because I could conceive multiple teams he's on. I'm sorry if you're town, you really could be, and if I'm tossing the game I apologise - but I have been convinced into lynching town by scum in LyLo when I KNEW I was right and it's not happening here. Vote is staying. Slandaar gets dead now.

I don't disagree that he's scum, I disagree that he's Wolf. He's far more likely Mafia, and that's a Town loss

PE: Of course not. He'd just get himself shot if he did. His only hope is to avoid the lynch and not get shot. Otherwise he's just Kingmaker
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6720  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:12 pm

He's not Wolf because Thor and Boon are
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6721  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Sigh

Fine

TSO, NC, I will put together a comprehensive Slandaar!Mafia case, if you agree to give me a few hours to do it.

Please, PLEASE don't derp into a Town loss
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6722  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:16 pm

We don't have that time, I'm afraid.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6723  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Yeah, just realized that. Working on a short version now
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6724  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:32 pm

Let's do PoE first. Thor isn't Mafia, he led the Flubber wagon at a time when bussing was unbelievable anti-wincon. Nero and TSO are both super Townie. That leaves Boon, Slandaar, and myself. It isn't me, though you're welcome to think so. Boon is pretty strongly aligned with Thor, but we'll keep him in the running for a comparison

Biggest evidence is the strength and urgency of Slandaar's scumhunting today. Wolves and Town both have other people to fall back on. Wolf can survive his buddy's death, Town can afford one loss, Mafia only has themselves. Slandaar has considered everyone, built cases and beaten cases, and has been acting in a logical, discerning fashion. Boon has been doing almost nothing but attacking me, soft-bussing Thor, and defending himself and Thor.

Boon and Thor were all over both Mafia lynches, and eagerly so. In contrast, Slandaar was a participant in the Reinoe sinking ship wagon, but stayed the hell away from the Flubber wagon, tunneling on superTown DGB

More coming, but those are the strongest and most readily-explained points
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games