NY 178: MASQUERADE -- GAME OVER

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6825  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:42 pm

In post 6815, Boonskiies wrote:Well, if you guys didn't notice yesterDay, I was trying to act like I was mafia so the real mafia would be semi obvious to me. Also, I was trying to draw the wolf night kill. Obviously a wolf tried shooting me, meaning if Pine's scum, he is mafia, as he was unable to shoot at me.
All things lead back to Nero...

VOTE: Nero

:neutral:
Whut?

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6826  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:43 pm

@TSO - we need to start a fan club based around having no fething clue what Boon is thinking and saying at any given moment.

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6827  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:59 pm

In post 6826, Thor665 wrote:@TSO - we need to start a fan club based around having no fething clue what Boon is thinking and saying at any given moment.


Dibs on president.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6828  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:24 pm

You can do it if you revisit 6815 more.

Because that gak needs some clarification.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6829  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 am

Real life has me angry right now but I don't think this is unfair:

Boon, after you post some retarded fucking bullshit about attempting to draw the nightkill and other awful bullshit the least you could do would be to have some fucking manners and come in and justify it after the entire thread asks you to

Thanks a lot
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
 
User avatar
Joined: June 12, 2014
Location: SF
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6830  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 am

I don't know what else I could say.
“Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi
Yes, I'm Flavor Leaf. That's my main; I just mod on Boonskiies.

BooneyToonz Upick: Boon There, Done That is currently running!! PM to replace in!

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6831  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:38 am

How about explaining why you're so damn sure it was a Wolf that shot you, or how you know you were shot at all
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6832  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:05 pm

That's a decent start.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6833  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:36 pm

In post 4755, Boonskiies wrote:I'm pretty sure I was shot night 1.


Why did you think this?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6834  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:37 pm

I could have asked this before but even if I did it seems relevant once more.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6835  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:38 pm

I suddenly think Nero is town and Boonskiies is scum.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6836  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Is that for any reason beyond 'current derp'? Because that's what it feels you're basing your call off of and I'm not sure that's a wise divining rod. He's actually proud of his derp, and though that makes me pass serious judgement on his play quality it does not prove scum intent.

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6837  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:57 pm

So, Thor jailkept Pine-scum and that's why there was no kill on that side.

Boon shot Pine because he (correctly) thought that Pine was scum. Thor absorbed the shot.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

T S O
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 11, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6838  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't know, Thor, I feel we're passing everything Boon does off as derp town.

Like, he says that he was trying to bait-absorb a shot last night instead of hoping for a crosskill.

From a town perspective, that makes literally no fucking sense unless he somehow got powered up from one of the BP-shots being used up.

I am considering his reactions when Pine claimed Mafia. They did seem off at the time, but I was Werewolf hunting at that point so didn't really go too far into it.

In retrospect, however, they're pretty suspect.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso" -Marquis

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6839  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm

In post 6838, T S O wrote:I don't know, Thor, I feel we're passing everything Boon does off as derp town.

He has been my top Mafia scumspect off and on since yesterday, and I suspected him before that. I am not passing him off as derp 'town'. That said - I am not willing to believe that derp=scum in his case. There is a marked difference in the opinions. Derp or no - there will be a case on him regardless, or there will not be.

In post 6838, T S O wrote:Like, he says that he was trying to bait-absorb a shot last night instead of hoping for a crosskill.

From a town perspective, that makes literally no Smurfing sense unless he somehow got powered up from one of the BP-shots being used up.

I intentionally jailed someone I was fairly convinced was scum - how is his concept different from my own? Both of us were, in effect, trying to stop a kill at the cost of protecting scum.

In post 6838, T S O wrote:I am considering his reactions when Pine claimed Mafia. They did seem off at the time, but I was Werewolf hunting at that point so didn't really go too far into it.

I don't recall any of those twiging to me - I'd love to see your thoughts on that period.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6840  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:16 pm

For me derp = bad play.
That's the beginning and end of it - and it can come from town and scum in equal amounts.
Hell, I'm pretty convinced scum (both sides) played this game pretty poorly and I do look forward to seeing the scum QTs to watch the NK debates to see if that makes more sense in their conclusions than it appears to (I will admit with a Watcher flip it might justify the DGB shot, natch).

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6841  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Heads out of your ass

If there is one, single person we can clear of anything, it's that 2-shot bulletproof (or 1-shot, I'd exaggerate it to 2 if I had that role) cannot possibly be Mafia. That's too much Mafia power
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6842  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Why do you say that?

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6843  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Three PRs on one side, vs goon, 1-shot, and something else? The remaining wolf would have to be a bulletproof ninja godfather
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6844  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Not to mention, Town power is kind of weak. Weak scum PRs make more sense.
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6845  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 pm

In post 6843, Pine wrote:Three PRs on one side, vs goon, 1-shot, and something else? The remaining wolf would have to be a bulletproof ninja godfather

The "goon" was a neighbor actually - which some people seem to consider functional for scum (not as powerfula s they seem to think daytalk is, but...meh - I consider 'neighbor' about as useless as Doctor, myself)

That said, currently we have 2 Wolf PR flips and 2 Mafia PR flips.
I'm not sure why the last wolf would need to be a BP ninja GF to balance...couldn't he simply be BP and balance? Or GF and balance? Your stance feels very thin at the moment.

Thor665
Papa Smurf
 
User avatar
Joined: October 11, 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6846  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:56 pm

In post 6844, Pine wrote:Not to mention, Town power is kind of weak. Weak scum PRs make more sense.

Currently town has a Jack of Trades (with protective aspects) A Tracker and a limited shot cop who can detect either faction (so double investigative) A limited shot Vig, and also a JKer whom you haven't even bothered to try to figure out how many shots I may or may not have left.

So I see JKer, Vig, and Cop - three of the strongest town roles in existence.
Also a tracker and Jack - neither of which is what I would call weak.
Plus the neighbor gak.

How are we "weak" if that is the extent of town power?

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6847  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Thor, those assertions are based on your opinions of relative PR strength, which I sharply disagree with. Neighbor is a mild benefit at best, and can often be a negative utility. A 1/shot weak investigator is barely better. On the other side, you have two of the most useful scum PRs. Yes, they're odd/even night, but they also support one another. To add a bulletproof member to that, then stack it against a neighbor and 1/shot tracker, they'd be clearly lopsided.

Town has two restricted investigators, a weak JOAT, and a limited Vig. In a 21-player game, that's pretty weak.
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6848  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Boon's assertions that he absorbed a N1 kill are bizarre. From where? N5 are the only missing kills. There have been two kills every night, except for three kills on two nights that can be attributed to our 2-shot Vig
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

Pine
In Your Head
 
User avatar
Joined: February 27, 2011
Location: Socially distancing
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6849  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:21 pm

Just remembered that Jailkeeper needs to be added in to Town power. Are you X-shot, or full power? Full power JK would actually bring the balance up quite a bit, as it's a combo protective/blocking power
The Account of Adren the Bard - An experiment in collaborative story-telling. Character creation survey is now live.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Normal Games