Micro 441: Less Pressure

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Dry-fit »

I'm returning to Mafiascum as a new man.

Vote: Huntress.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

I'm going to be following the wishes of the innocent children this game, and everyone else should do the same.

Pine probably is scum but I'm not going to vote him right now.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

No hedging. You're scum, even more clearly after this last post. I just don't put people to L-1 on page 1.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 19, Huntress wrote:Why? They actually know slightly less than we do.

Because if everyone follows the ICs it minimize's scum's ability to direct the lynch.

Im still going to push my suspects and make cases but I think the final decision should be up to them.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

:o

Unvote. Vote: Pine.

Huntress feels kind of town right now. Not sure about the others yet.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

I don't have all that much to add at the moment either.

I am a bit bothered though that ++-- hasn't showed any kind of interest in progressing the game with his posts so far. So far he's only really interacted with TellTaleHeart, an IC. That obviously isn't going to do much to help gain reads.

Not reaaaaally seaing the case on Xayzeck though I understand where it's coming from and have seen that from scum before.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 49, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 47, Dry-fit wrote:Not reaaaaally seaing the case on Xayzeck though I understand where it's coming from and have seen that from scum before.

So shouldn't you think I'm scum?

I've seen it from scum but I don't think it can only come from scum.

I saw fjkwos;lkd;a online earlier but he didn't post :?:

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 57, Pine wrote:Dry-Fit is scum for abdicating responsibility for his votes while scumming onto a page 1 wagon. That's all that's happened

I believe that town should give clears as much control of the lynch as possible. That's just my philosophy. Here's an example as town:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p5753436

The page one wagon thing is laughable. And now he's saying his push on me wasn't weak? lol

Huntress is a solid townread for me and I'll explain why. In she voices suspicion of me but ends of going for pine instead. Then in her next post she goes back to voting me. Seems very genuine to me as if she was scum and wanted her vote on me she could have just put it there in the first place. I could see it if Pine and Huntress are buddies but not seeing it right now.

++-- wrote:Because there is nothing to interact with. No post about which I could say anything at all. Absolutely zero.

But you're not putting any effort into generating interactions. I think that's what town are obligated to do when things are just getting going. But you seem fine to let things play out more slowly.

Huntress wrote:I'm a bit uneasy about Dry-fit - possible buddying there?

Possible buddying where?

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 85, Pine wrote:The guys got like five posts, in which he scummed onto a wagon while claiming no responsibility for his vote.

Dat scum

In post 87, Pine wrote:Of course the push is weak. We're three pages into the game, when you discount the opening posts.

What I don't get is that you're confident in your read in the first quote, but then say it's a weak push in the second. Doesn't make sense to me. Are you confident in your read on me or not?

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 91, ++-- wrote:Here we have the perfect "let's jump on an easy wagon" post.VOTE: Huntress

Oh, so ++-- is scum, isn't he?

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 89, Pine wrote: but abdicating responsibility for your vote while slipping quietly onto a flash wagon is just not Town-intentioned

What would you expect me to do as town in that situation if you are my top suspect?

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 115, Pine wrote:"Top suspect?" How can you even have a "top suspect" in post 16? No one had made any posts of substance. All I'd posted was two jokes. On page one.

I can have reads on page 1. Sometimes even pretty solid ones. It's nothing unusual. I tend to base reads on one or two posts more than other players, rather than on overall play.[/quote]

[quote"Pine"]No, you were making an easy, scummy vote, while at the same time setting up an "I'm not responsible" excuse for when I flip Town. Now you're blustering and making excuses for past actions[/quote]
I don't feel its setting up an excuse. By all means I should be held responsible for the quality of my reads. I just think the ICs should make the ultimate decision about the lynch. It's not like I can make them the fall guys and get them lynched if a townie is lynched.

I would vote ++-- right now but that would be L-1 and I don't know if scum would be willing to go for quickhammer shenanigans in this setup.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 121, Jingle wrote:[But seriously, why are you so interested in putting him at L-1 if you're afraid of scum quickhammering. Do you think scum is gonna quickhammer other scum? Do you think it's against our interests to trade 1 for 1 with scum?

Scum might want to quickhammer because it gives town less information. ++-- isn't by any means a lock for the lynch today so scum might jump for the chance. I'm not interested in giving scum the choice of whether or not to go down the quickhammer route if they feel it's in their interest. I may be wrong about whether or not it's a valid play but it does seem to me to be a legitimate option.

As for whether or not I'm willing to lynch ++--, as I've said I think it should be up to the ICs to decide. If it were up to me he'd be my top choice.

I don't have any kind of handle on Xay at the moment. I don't think that's a good sign.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Well that's disappointing.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 156, TellTaleHeart wrote:Probably not as disappointed as I am. I was under the impression you would be pushing cases on your suspects:

You're right. I haven't done will this game. In part I think it's because I was a bit thrown off guard by Pine starting to look more town. But that's no excuse.

Here's what I see with ++--:

He starts the game without doing anything to get things going. He doesn't seem to be trying to figure anything out in the game. At least not actively. When I asked him about this he said there is nothing to interact with and he's bad at generating content. But then he says:

++-- wrote:
Accusations with no basis can, in fact, be pretty protown if used properly, if analysing the reacions to the accusations, etc. Also, without further reasoning, "more concerned with making it look like they're looking for alignments than actually figuring things out" is one of the most general remarks you could possibly say.

So he sees the merit in doing things to spark interactions/get things going, but doesn't do so himself. Now it may well be the case that that isn't his playstyle and he isn't good at it, but it still strikes me as strange that he wasn't trying to.

Then he drops an awful vote on Huntress for "jumping on an easy bandwagon."

Although thinking about it now that vote almost seems so bad it has to be coming from town.

Pine wrote:Why are people not voting Dry-Fit? Lip service to the ICs and opportunistic voting is scumtastic

Piggy backing on Telltale now? I'd like to know how my current vote is opportunistic.

In a shameless appeal to convince you(all) of my towniness, let me ask you this: Does it feel to you like I'm coordinating with anyone in this game? Because I don't feel like I'm on the same wavelength as anyone. Maybe Huntress sort of but not really.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 173, Jingle wrote:DryFit, talk to me about Pine.

Pine was a scumread for me from page 1. He's gone on about his thing that I'm abdicating responsibility and joined an easy wagon throughout the game. He hasn't really responded to my responses to those accusations. All the while he's been wishy-washy about how strong his read on me is. He's stated it wasn't that strong but the tone of his posts don't seem to agree with that. I also really don't like him saying I misrepped him here:
Pine wrote:Whoa misrep

I don't like it because I was asking for clarification. He seemed to be jumping on an opportunity to attack me by calling it a misrep.

He started to look more townie to me as the game went on but looking through his iso I'm having a hard time remembering why. It may be his tunnel vision and fervently reiterating the same points with the zeal of a true believer.

Someone else pointed out that he hasn't really interacted with many of the players in this game and that's true. Pine, what are your reads of the players in this game other than me?

Unvote. Vote: Xayzeck.
Time to sheep.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

I haven't really given an opinion on Jingle yet so I'll go ahead and do so though.

Nothing from him seems overtly scummy, but overall he feels scummy to me on a gut level. Purely in terms of gut he seems strongly scum actually.

Although on the townie looking side the whole thing about saying that we in effect have no deadline in this game seems pretty damn town. So overall he's a conflicted read for me. More on the scum side though.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:13 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 202, Impossibear wrote:Why? I'm a setup spec and gamebreaking kind of player. Why would manipulating the setup (in a pretty damn obvious fashion, if I may) mean anything for my alignment?

Well maybe if that's your playstyle it isn't much of a towntell. But in general trying to prolong things to get more information is a town move. Scum is usually happy to let town scurry on to a lynch. It may have been obvious but no one else brought it up.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 209, Pine wrote:Dry Fit is worse though. Continued attempts to avoid takin responsibility for his own reads, obvious attempts to hedge when he knows people will flip Town, buddying ICs, etc

If I'm hedging on voting anyone in this game, it's ++--. But you think he's scum. So how am I hedging on people I know will flip town in your opinion?

Top three scumreads right now:

++--
Jingle
Xay

I'm pretty much back to not having any town reads at all right now though.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Xay should be the lynch though.

C'mon Andy!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

In post 237, Jingle wrote:Is that dissonance painful.

Yeah. I'm kind of antsy to see a flip to see where to go from here.

Vote: Xayzeck.

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”