2014 Financial Summary (/Donation Reminder)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

2014 Financial Summary (/Donation Reminder)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by mith »

Code: Select all

2014 Donations:  $214.26
   Paypal Fees: -$  9.78
   Domain Name: -$ 11.96
   Server Cost: -$782.10
           Net: -$589.58

So, obviously our expenses went way up in 2014 - for several years our hosting was donated, and even before then we were on plans with limited resources at about a third of the cost. Whereas previously, our donations over the years have matched our expenses pretty well (and sometimes exceeded them), we're pretty far in the red this year, and that's only paying for the server since May.

I don't post this to panic anyone; I'm doing alright. However:

1. I did just get married (yay), and my wife would probably feel a bit better about our budget if I weren't spending $99/month on this server.
2. Because we mostly paid for the wedding ourselves, it's not currently feasible for me to place an order on the mafiascum designed deck of Mafia cards that have been basically ready to go for a few months. I will be setting up a pre-order form soon (really) to build toward that order, but I'll be counting anything in the paypal account as funds toward that goal.
3. I noticed that almost all of our donations for the year took place within the first month on the new server, and we did not have any in the second half of 2014, so I thought it would be a good idea to remind everyone that the donation page is available should you desire to support mafiascum financially. You can donate by clicking the following:

Donate Here

Cheers,
mith
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by mith »

Thank you all for the generous donations! I am going to de-sticky this, and will plan on posting quarterly updates on our financials in the future.

I am planning to (finally) get pre-orders going for the card deck this weekend, and we are in good shape to be able to place that order once I can estimate the number of decks we need.

Return to “News”