xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:56 am

Post by xofelf »

I am personally entirely behind this whole thing. I've been thinking we need to have something like this for a while now. While the queue has normally just been used for Survivor, I think that's not really a good idea. There's quite a few games that need the same level of commitment as a Survivor does that shouldn't be running at the same time. As someone who's played multiple games at a time, I can tell you that unless one of them was nearing the end it's almost impossible to give a full effort to either game. That isn't to say that overlap is a bad thing. For example TBO's Arena overlapping with the end of Hyrule right now is something that's perfectly fine imo. There is a point where it's excessive. While I agree that offsite Survivor needs to be in the queue, I also think that on-site games should be here too. Non-anon games need the same level of dedication and, again, I've done at both at the same time and I can tell you, it's hard to do both.

Comods are entirely necessary. Life has this funny way of exploding in the middle of games. Having someone there to make sure the game runs smoothly is entirely important. I'm not sure that having modded a game is entirely necessary. But I do believe you DO have to have played quite a few games before you mod. One of the best run survivors here were run by newbie mods.

I definitely think that having someone(s) on call to answer modding questions is a great idea. I think that includes forum setup questions. I know there are sometimes I'm not entirely sure on how to do something, and having people who are good with forums to ask is really really helpful.

The ideas that have been said so far are really great, I like them. I do want to say one thing though, I personally would prefer that whomever takes the mod position has modded one of these games successfully before. I don't think that just playing or spectating gives enough idea of what sort of commitment modding really is.

P-edit: Monty, I think that you can be in the queue without your game being finished first, however you should have to be two or three slots from the current one.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by xofelf »

DeathNote also has 2 comods, Cybele and myself.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by xofelf »

Aw yiss! I approve of this choice! Go Ceph!

Return to “Social Game Archive”