T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:43 am

Post by T S O »

I don't think there's anything in the Mafia PT that would give me issue with releasing it.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:46 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

gg TSO

Thanks for hosting mod :)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #7155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:49 am

Post by Pine »

Dunno about the first few days, but everything about the last couple was splendid. Definitely one of the most fun games I've played
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Aneninen »

Gratz, TSO!

Well, it seems that my read was correct about you... however, as far as I can remember, I had a fight with you, Garmr (Pine) and Slandaar (maybe Flubber too???) on Day1, assumed a TSO–Csareo (Reinoe) scumpair...
I strongly think that my half-life in this game was shorter than a neutronless heavy-nucleus has. ^_^
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 7141, Nero Cain wrote:sorry Thor :(

Eh, it happens.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #7158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:30 am

Post by goodmorning »

You pulled out a good game, TSO. I'm not even mad, Town deserved to lose after the dave lynch.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 7158, goodmorning wrote:You pulled out a good game, TSO. I'm not even mad, Town deserved to lose after the dave lynch.

Town deserved to lose after a Day 2 lynch of town?
Followed by 4 scum lynches in a row?
I disagree with your concept of logic - town lost because scum basically refused to shoot other scum and town was dying in droves despite accurate lynching.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:34 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7158, goodmorning wrote:You pulled out a good game, TSO. I'm not even mad, Town deserved to lose after the dave lynch.

Thank you!

In post 7159, Thor665 wrote:

Town deserved to lose after a Day 2 lynch of town?
Followed by 4 scum lynches in a row?
I disagree with your concept of logic - town lost because scum basically refused to shoot other scum and town was dying in droves despite accurate lynching.

It's like shooting people you expect to flip town but are dangerous isn't a legitimate tactic at all!
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7161 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:37 am

Post by T S O »

From my team's POV, we shot Egg n1, who we expected to flip town, n2 we shot Fonz, who I -think- we also expected to flip town, n3 we shot Beast, who we knew would flip town, n4 we shot Axle who we expected to flip town, n5 we went for the Pine-scum shot and were correct but the kill was stopped, and n6 we shot you, who we knew would flip town.

So it was a pretty deliberate tactic, really - you act like scum should always try to shoot other scum when that's not really the case. Like, for example, this game - we didn't do it and ended up winning.
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7162 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Depends on your endgame - but I hardly think 'lack of cross kills' is an empty commentary about town's loss in this game.
Do you disagree?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7163 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also, I do think your n4 and n5 shots were bad shots considering the state your team was in, yes.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7164 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:40 am

Post by T S O »

And the Werewolves shot town PR's 3/4 nights, so their shooting wasn't bad either.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7165 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:43 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7162, Thor665 wrote:Depends on your endgame - but I hardly think 'lack of cross kills' is an empty commentary about town's loss in this game.
Do you disagree?

It most certainly played a part, I'll grant you.

In post 7163, Thor665 wrote:Also, I do think your n4 and n5 shots were bad shots considering the state your team was in, yes.

Axle was really the only one particularly suspicious of me - I agree a WW crosskill could arguably have worked better but I felt WW's would be searching for crosskills on the last Mafia and at least one of them might townread me enough to not shoot me. Them consolidating reads seemed likelier to end up with TSO-town than a paranoid lone gunner.
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7166 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 7164, T S O wrote:And the Werewolves shot town PR's 3/4 nights, so their shooting wasn't bad either.

I agree that their shooting was less bad than Mafias..

In post 7165, T S O wrote:
In post 7162, Thor665 wrote:Depends on your endgame - but I hardly think 'lack of cross kills' is an empty commentary about town's loss in this game.
Do you disagree?

It most certainly played a part, I'll grant you.

What else do you think played a part?
Because 1/2 Vig kills and 4/7 Lynches being accurate and 2 stopped kills is *not* bad town play. Town, over 50% of the time, was dealing with scum.
9/9 Scum kills being on town, however, is fairly devastating. Scum, 100% of the time, was not cross killing in a game built to balance via cross kills.

In post 7165, T S O wrote:Axle was really the only one particularly suspicious of me - I agree a WW crosskill could arguably have worked better but I felt WW's would be searching for crosskills on the last Mafia and at least one of them might townread me enough to not shoot me. Them consolidating reads seemed likelier to end up with TSO-town than a paranoid lone gunner.

There was a point where a town shot put Mafia into Lylo and a Wolf shot would have not done that - you are claiming that you chose the non functional shot.
There was then a second point where a town shot would, again, put Mafia to sort of a shooting lylo and a wolf shot would not have done that, and you again claim that you chose to take the less functional shot.
I don't debate that you won, and I don't disagree that you had no reason at all to shoot who you did. That doesn't change them from being sub-optimal kill choices.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7167 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 7155, Pine wrote:but everything about the last couple was splendid.

yeah town played pretty well the last few days. I wish that Boons hadn't voted so early last day.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7168 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 am

Post by T S O »

I am claiming that I felt confident enough that I would not be lynched in LyLo with Axle dead that the shot became optimal for me. It's your subjective opinion that "not lylo > lylo" is always true and so my Axle shot was poor - it is mine that it's not and so my Axle shot was -the- optimal shot.

In relation to your second point - the Pine shot, presuming Pine killed (and why would he not), would have put me directly into 3-man LyLo - which was the best case scenario for me. Killing town, and presuming Pine would do the same (which would have been the case) would put me to 1:1:1 Kingmaker... so how exactly is Kingmaker optimal as opposed to 3-man LyLo? Especially since, if Nero was alive, he would quite probably have chosen the not-me scum faction to win?

And the kills I took put me in
quite literally
the best LyLo I could have had - so they seem pretty optimal to me.
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7169 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 7168, T S O wrote:I am claiming that I felt confident enough that I would not be lynched in LyLo with Axle dead that the shot became optimal for me.

That was meaningless unless you knew who the Wolves were.

In post 7168, T S O wrote:In relation to your second point - the Pine shot, presuming Pine killed (and why would he not), would have put me directly into 3-man LyLo - which was the best case scenario for me. Killing town, and presuming Pine would do the same (which would have been the case) would put me to 1:1:1 Kingmaker... so how exactly is Kingmaker optimal as opposed to 3-man LyLo? Especially since, if Nero was alive, he would quite probably have chosen the not-me scum faction to win?

I agree, after the choice to shoot town the nights before, shooting Wolf successfully at that stage was your best strategy to win as Mafia.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7170 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:08 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7169, Thor665 wrote:
In post 7168, T S O wrote:I am claiming that I felt confident enough that I would not be lynched in LyLo with Axle dead that the shot became optimal for me.

That was meaningless unless you knew who the Wolves were.

How so? Everyone alive was townreading me to various degrees.
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #7171 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

Because whether or not you were lynched had nothing to do with you then having enough sway to create plurality on a Wolf nor of the Wolves having multiple chances to take you out.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #7172 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 7167, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 7155, Pine wrote:but everything about the last couple was splendid.

yeah town played pretty well the last few days. I wish that Boons hadn't voted so early last day.

I think we were at the point for the game to be over with anyways. I didn't feel anything was going to change in the way we went about doing things. Neither of us were making a case on T S O.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7173 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:47 am

Post by T S O »

In post 7171, Thor665 wrote:Because whether or not you were lynched had nothing to do with you then having enough sway to create plurality on a Wolf nor of the Wolves having multiple chances to take you out.

I have no idea what this means, but I'm fairly sure I disagree with it.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7174 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 am

Post by T S O »

With Axle in the game, I stood a higher chance of eventual lynch.
If Axle was somehow WW, I stood a significantly higher chance of death by nightkill.

Axle was the best shot for me, period - I don't know how you fail to see this.
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”