Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I don't know if one person can handle all that goes with managing X amount of players, keeping up with confessionals, posting challenges on time, answering complaints, being available for challenges that require a mod to start, etc. etc. Since it takes similar amount of forethought and effort, if not more, of modding a large theme mafia game, there's certainly a good argument for at least some sort of co-mod, or at least having someone on the team that's modded before.

A review board might be too much, mish mash is kind of an offshoot of the whole mafia thing and it's okay that it's less regulated, that you can jump in and try things. Maybe Survivor is a little more formal than someone posting intention to play a gameshow or a board game, and maybe the consequences of what happens are a little more extreme then losing Clue, for instance. Unless there was a glaring reason for a review board, it would probably be added bureaucracy. If there's a mechanic that is quite outside the norm, however, like Dr. Who's time travel mechanic, it should be playtested or at least run through with on paper or in someone's head to see what kind of possible outcomes can occur and really think about how satisfied people are going to be with that outcome.

I like 1 game at a time, however with Hyrule for instance ~40 people applied for only 24 slots. I think some games barely fill their quota but others might go over, I don't really have statistics on that except the one. That's a month, maybe 2 or 3 people have to wait if they were interested but didn't make it. If they were new, how many of those people are going to try for the next one? Certainly limiting play to 1 game at a time per player is almost mandatory, though, I think that might be better than limiting games to one at a time. If there is also more than 18-24 people at one time who are interested in playing Survivor, one game cannot accommodate and it can't grow very well, meaning we're going to be playing with the same 18-24 players; splitting in two would help separate people and keep things more interesting, I think.

As far as the term bastard would apply, I think something like Dr. Who's game mechanic would be considered more bastard or more theme game style than normal. Again having that be the only one in the queue, if someone were turned off by the mechanic, they would have to wait.

(I don't mean to pick on Dr. Who, it was an entertaining read).

If there were multiple games running, since as of current if you're modding, you aren't playing, the mods shouldn't be playing in each other's games; modding takes enough time and playing takes enough time. In that case, the mods could probably work together in such a situation, knowing each others' playerlist for instance.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #48 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 47, Shiidaji wrote:Links to the past games page