KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:37 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Just putting my name forward as someone who would be willing to review/backup mod anything. Since doing either would force the person to not play, I think it would be best for everyone for me to do stuff like that. Yeah, I might want to play every once in a while, but that would be a vast minority of the time.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:59 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I fully endorse needing at least two mods in order to run a non-marathon Survivor, and only having one offsite Survivor at a time, just because of how huge of productions they are, and how many people are involved despite the fact that this site was mostly founded for a completely different reason altogether. The main question here is other games. Maybe it's just because I'm less familiar with them, but onsite Survivors seem to have a completely different vibe around them than offsite ones. I think they, along with pretty much everything else, could go in a different queue. Right now, the only games going on that I think would be considered for this are The Arena, and possibly Liar Game Tournament. I don't think either of them are worth worrying about, but I don't think another one should be started until at least two weeks into Arena.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:15 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I only suggested a second, not a third. I also don't really expect there to ever really be anything in the queue, but it should still be there just so people don't go overboard with other large social games just because they don't have Survivor in the title.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

Grandfathering just sounds like a bad idea to me. This is the type of question that we are going to have in the future. What is happening now will continue to happen, and we need to be prepared for that. The original Arena was just TBO modding and happened alongside a Survivor, and from what I remember there weren't very many problems. In my opinion, we should try to make a system that allows for this type of game to happen.

What problematic games have even happened recently though? Summertime was a year and a half ago, and Mario was before that. Both of those even still completed. As long as people remember, or at least know of, the Legendary Box, something like that isn't going to happen again. As long as people remember Arkham, people will know to advertise any game that may be bastard as such. If you want to bring up Doctor Who, remember that the mechanics were listed in the thread before signups began.

What we should really be focusing on is the queue itself. How it's going to be organized, and how much needs to be ready before you are able to reserve a slot. That's the real problem we've been having lately. We can play everything else by ear as we always do until there actually comes to be a time where action is actually required.

On that front, here's my suggestion.

A: Before a game can be added to the queue, mods need to have (or submit if we do go with a review system) a general outline of the game. This includes all of the twists that will occur, their timing, and any unique mechanics that will be involved.
B: When the ongoing game arrives at merge, the first game in the queue should have a board set up if necessary, an idea for every challenge, and avatar backgrounds for at the very least the first phase of the game. If it doesn't and the game after it does, then it is brought ahead. If no games in the queue are at this point, then all parties involved are notified and are given another week or so before opening up the slots to games that aren't in the queue yet that are at this point in development.

Having never designed something like this myself, I'm not sure if this is actually sound, or if I may have missed something important.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

I disagree with the part about a committee being formed of past game moderators. Then I wouldn't be able to be part of it. I'm actually being completely serious when I say that I'd probably be in one of the best positions to do this type of thing.

As much as I wouldn't want to stress potential moderators by having deadlines, what is the purpose of having a queue if you are allowed to join it and then back out at the last second, leaving a lot of people behind you that thought they had way more time? I'm not saying we should be forcing people to make games either, if there's nothing in the queue, then that's fine as well. I just think that if there is going to be an official queue, and there is actually multiple games in it, then it's unfair to the people in the back if the people in the front are holding them up by not doing what they said they were going to do. I'm trying to be as lenient as possible here, but if we're just going to go with 'they'll get to it when they get to it', then why does this thread even exist in the first place?

And yes, I should have included two tribe start with no swap in the things that I doubt people will do again.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:37 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Whether or not you are a respected member of the community relies on how much the community respects you. Humanity has been trying to find the best way to objectify that since the dawn of time, and yet still there is no answer. No matter what the criterion are, people who deserve respect will be left out, and people who don't will be able to find the easy way in.

Do I need to repeat myself? The current issue we are having here is how we are going to determine what games are going to happen when. Would a way to guarantee quality of future games be nice? Definitely. We've been discussing this issue for years though, and nothing ever gets done on that front. On top of that, it's not like anyone actually thinks that something is going to happen if we don't set up a review panel or something similar. We're here to discuss a queue, so let's actually discuss a queue.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Okay, so right now what we need to do is set up the queue. Cuddly/Klick's Names Are Hard is first up, right? Is that ready to go now?

This is from the OP of the game list:
In post 0, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:Arkham City Survivor – 24P (no pre-in slots available), mods: xofelf, Nicholas1024 and ???
Anonymous Survivor game set to destroy your mind in summer 2015
Survivor: 1990s or Denim Island – ?P (unknown if pre-in slots available), mod: Flameaxe
Set to run after Arkham City Survivor
Survivor: ??? – ?P (no pre-in slots available), mods: kloud1516, animorpherv1 and kdowns
Anonymous Pokemon Survivor game; undecided running time

Nappa also said that he wanted to reserve a slot for Dragon Ball Z, and that he was looking for a co-mod. On that note, if we are requiring at least two mods, then Flameaxe will need one as well. Aside from that, the only other game mentioned in the current version of the game list is Hunger Games, which was postponed indefinitely.

If we're not having any strict queue requirements, at the very least we should probably have where in the development cycle each game is listed. The tiers I'm thinking of are: Ready to Run, Close to Finished, In Progress, and Still in Concept Stage. That sound good? Any improvements or flat out better ideas?

PEdit: CC, Coug being a skittle already is more than enough. There really isn't anything else someone could do other than maintain an OP anyway. Zaicon would be made a skittle for his work in the replacement thread well before someone in charge of just overlooking a subset of a subset of the forum.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:53 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I don't see games that are ongoing or accepting applications to be part of the queue. By In Progress, I meant that the development is in progress, meaning it's more than just a concept, but it will still take quite some time to actually be ready.

EDIT: By that I mean I should probably have a better name for that, but if we are going to prevent confusion as to what game is going into signups next, I still think it's an important enough distinction.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Link to the list of games.

It's not easy to get to the offsite forums from some of them. Would that be something that should be included in the OP of the queue, or just a link to that page? Either way, someone who has links handy and wiki editing experience might want to consider adding an off/on site column, with a link to the site for all of the offsite ones. I'd do it myself, but I do not have that wiki editing knowledge. Should I try anyway?

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:48 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Spoiler: Missing ones
Seafoam Islands (I know I was there at some point, but I forget where I got the link from.)
Middle Earth (See above)
Arkham Asylum (http://w11.zetaboards.com/Arkham_Asylum/index/)
Greece (http://z13.invisionfree.com/Survivor_Greece/index.php)
GoT (http://s13.zetaboards.com/GoT_Survivor/index/)

The links I posted for these were taken from my inbox. I might have missed a link in the MS thread somewhere for these, but if I missed it other people might too.

Spoiler: Link to MS thread which has a link to the board.
Mass Effect
Finale
Hogwarts
Conclave (The link is on page 3)
These are still possible to get, if slightly harder than the others.

KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by KingdomAces »

...and I'm an idiot who can't read. Oh well.

Lead well Ceph.

Return to “Social Game Archive”