Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Snakes »

I don't really see the need for a review panel. Mods are generally good about being prepared. No game has been abandoned since all the way back in 2012, and the mods have always been ready. Even games that haven't been received well, like Bahamas, had all of their challenges prepared before the game started. If there's a controversial twist, the mods can ask the spectators if they think it's a good idea and then decide if they still want to go through with it. Or they can announce the twist ahead of time, like with Doctor Who, and then it's up to the players if they want to sign up. I don't know how much I like a committee that tells the mods how they should run their own game.

I don't think there should be an experience requirement that is set in stone. A lot of it is a judgment call. Game of Thrones was a very successful game where neither Jal nor Nyalite had previous modding experience, but both had made multiple FTCs and were very respected members of the community. Needing to have a total of three games played between the mods is a good idea, but even with that, simply signing up for a game and then playing until they get voted out doesn't mean they're going to be ready to run their own game.

I think a queue would be a good idea, though. There are a lot of games that people are working on, and it's a little confusing knowing which one is going to run when. Having the schedules be public knowledge and not letting any game jump to the front would be good.

Return to “Social Game Archive”