Can I interest you in MegaTen?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Seraphim »

This needs a bump.

Persona 5 just got a major trailer featuring gameplay, concept, and more...no release date yet but they haven't backed down from it being released in 2015...

Looks pretty fucking sick. Graphics and style are off the charts, and the super stylized menus are awesome as well.

Igor is back, attended by twins...and it looks like the enemies are demons(Personas) as well as shadows. Interesting to see what the story will be for this game besides lol bank robbers.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Seraphim »

In post 23, xRECKONERx wrote:that looks so cool... I've never played a Persona game before, where should I start (and what can I emulate, since I don't own consoles)?
I would start with Persona 3 FES if you can emulate PS2 games on your computer (otherwise you can play the PSP version which is easier to emulate, though the game isn't quite as good and has less content), then play Persona 4 (also for PS2). You'll want to play P3 first because P4 makes some significant gameplay improvements that makes 3 harder to play. Don't get me wrong, P3 is still a phenomenal game (I think the plot is better than the fourth honestly), but 4 has better gameplay and pacing.

Persona 2 got an enhanced remake for PSP a few years ago, so you can try that if you want. However, the gameplay is a little dated and the style of P1/P2 is totally different from P3/P4, so I would recommend playing that only after you're attached to the franchise.
To clarify: only the first part of the Persona 2 duology (yep, it's two games) has gotten this remake AND is available in English. The second game is still only for the original PS and easily emulated. Persona 1 is easily the weakest of the series but it also has a PSP remake.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Seraphim »

Also, avoid spoilers for both games like hell, especially for P4. Persona 4 is a murder mystery and having the culprit ruined for you can ruin the whole game depending.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 30, Parama wrote:spoilers: the murderer isn't one of the victims

oh no i ruined it
One time, a friend of mine was drunk and made a visit to my room while I was watching a television show I was heavily invested in. She blurted out a spoiler for who the killer actually was (not Persona 4 fyi) and left quickly afterwards. As I continued to watch, the spoiler was completely right. I was absolutely furious (I hate spoilers) and called up my friend and angrily berated her for spoiling the show I was invested in for me. She then admitted that she had just guessed, had not watched the show, and was just making a joke and thought it was obvious that she was joking. Obviously, it wasn't.

Not saying anything about what you just said, just making a general warning. People interpret different things in different ways.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Seraphim »

A lot of people think that the MC might be associated with Pride as well, given the "glory or ruin" language in the trailer.

Also, this is the list you can see at around 1:32 in the new trailer.

Luxuria = Lust
Gula = Gluttony
Avaritia = Greed
Acedia = Sloth
Ira = Wrath
Invidia = Envy
Superbia = Pride
Cavum = Cavity, or Hollow.
Irritum = Worthlessness, or Nothingness.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 38, kelbris wrote:I love MegaTen, I think the reason the original 2-3 (not sure if nocturne was released in English aside from fan translations or not) is the fact that
god can be fought/beaten or can be seen as evil
which is the same in Devil Survivor 1 which surprisingly got a release in the west.
Nocturne definitely had an official English release.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 40, kelbris wrote:I was unaware of that, thanks. But still, I think the spoiler explains why the first 2 were not released in English, would have garnered too much hate from the christian community.
Though the first one has an official English mobile release. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my phone for sure.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Playing Nocturne for the first time, wish me luck.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKaHMqkjGS8

SMT x FE. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this haha.

Return to “The Arcade”