PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I didn't feel as though Pokeocalypse was really social at all. I don't think I talked to more than five players over the course of the game, and I made it to F4. (Which is not to my credit. xD.)

Like KA said, so long as the game is planned out with whoever is running the other game at the time, it should work well!

PEdit: Not a strict scheduling, I don't think, just consistent communication going on between the Pokeocalypse mods and the other game's mods.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #51 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by PrivateI »

...oh. I thought they did. :(
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:32 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 99, PrivateI wrote:Announcing: An anonymous 22 player Big Brother and Survivor hybrid game, hosted by Crazy and myself, coming (relatively) soon to a newfound Queue near you!

It was in the other queue. Sorry about that. More information should be coming your way soon!
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #171 (isolation #3) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:58 am

Post by PrivateI »

Nah, a 12-16 player Big Brother definitely needs to be in the queue. The point of the queue is to separate those games which require a great deal of social (and thus, time) commitment, isn't it? This keeps the pool of potential players, which is already a relatively limited number to begin with, from either overstreching themselves by playing in multiple games, or from not signing up for a game they might have played.

As to your other two points, unfortunately, I feel like a non-anon still ultimately both draws from that limited pool of players, and requires a relatively intense time commitment. (Perhaps even moreso, considering that Skype/AIM can be used to an extent that you simply can't with anon games)

Finally, I don't think there's a large number of people pushing to run Survivors of less than 16 people. I know some people have considered a Survivor "mini", where the game begins at merge, so like 10-11 people. That type of game wouldn't be required to run through the queue anyway.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #176 (isolation #4) » Wed May 06, 2015 6:10 am

Post by PrivateI »

Speaking of interest in games, if you're ready to experience a game like no other, definitely check out Survivor: Expect the Unexpected, which has just entered sign-ups!
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #333 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:22 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 327, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 326, Save The Dragons wrote:My game (BSG) will likely have 16 players and be a Big Brother/Survivor hybrid. It will be anonymous and will have a moderate amount of twist to it. It is still in the design phase but it does have much of the twists and some of the challenges at least thought out.

When I get a little closer to the game's launch I will be seeking co-mods but if BSG really speaks to you as something you want to mod rather than play you can send me PM.

I'm interested if it isn't very similar to the last Big Brother Survivor hybrid

:(
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #589 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:15 am

Post by PrivateI »

To be clear, would staggered sign-ups mean that the mods of one game would effectively be barred from playing the games before and after?
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #590 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:05 am

Post by PrivateI »

Going off of that, if that is the case, do we have a constant "stream" of games ready to go?
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #886 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:47 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 874, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:I would disagree that most people can anon everyone, really only a few people can tell who a few people are (mainly because xof is obvious)

As someone whose first game was fans vs favorites, I definitely disagree that it's a bad format, I think it actually works better on MS than on the real show. That was Ceph's first game too and he did win :P

It's worth noting that while, on the show, favourites will have played (to date) a maximum of one time previously, the same is not true of almost any player who would be considered a "favourite" on MS. There is definitely more of an established community, more rife with friends (and rivals), and Summertime was a great example of that.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #930 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:46 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 929, Xalxe wrote:
In post 0, xofelf wrote:Survivor: Magic Kingdom: Blood Vs Water
Moderators: Xalxe, PrivateI
Game Type: Non-Anonymous, offsite forum
Players: 18
Design Status: Early planning stages

wowwee what a neato game

can confirm. on a scale of 1 to neato, this game definitely leans more toward the neato side than the 1 side bc its neato.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1009 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:42 am

Post by PrivateI »

With League of Legends well into motion, you will not want to miss out on Survivor: Magic Kingdom. While sign-ups have not begun yet, you will need to begin finding your partner right now, and be ready to apply in the days ahead. Best of luck!
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1055 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by PrivateI »

I'm adding to the queue a new game which is all but fully designed:

Big Brother: Secrets of Summer--Big Brother Takeover; Unexpect the Expected~Project AND
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1314 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Frankly, it's difficult, as a moderator of a "joke game", to do anything different. Like, what do I call a game divided into rounds, where immunity is given out, and the jury decides the winner?

I don't think separating the games out is a bad idea at all, and pinning current games to Mish Mash is a pretty good way to do that. I'm definitely open to other ways to separate them, since it would be unfortunate if people were confused.

Fortunately, we do have the Large Games Queue, and anyone willing to take a bit of time can find the answers they're looking for fairly quickly. But I'm all for making things as accessible as possible.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1345 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by PrivateI »

To the Sea!

Recruits wanted
for the
Picton Castle
Contact
Xalxe Sharp-Tongue or Monty Brownbeardless (that's me!).
Now docked in Port Mish Mash.

All able-bodied seamen and seawomen who answer the call will be rewarded. Fish packs and plunder await! Leave yer landlubber life today and answer the call.

Will ye be the next Pirate Master?

Return to “Social Game Archive”